PDA

View Full Version : Magic and Pelinka do it again (KCP to Lakers)

BloodyBaron
07-11-2017, 10:34 PM
KCP to the Lakers on a 1 year/18m contract. This is the best Lakers free agent signing since Ron Artest. Elite defense and above average shooting. Bolds well for future FA signings in 2018/2019. Magic and Pelinka have shown that they are superior to Mitch and Jim.

aDRan-kheZA

Lonzo + KCP + Ingram = hnnnnnnnnng. 40 wins easy (srs).

HoustonMiscer
07-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Bolds well
Bolds well
Bolds well

Bolds

BloodyBaron
07-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Bolds well
Bolds well
Bolds well

Bolds

Actually lol'd, won't edit it.

fleeceitout
07-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Did you just call him an above average shooter?

Dude is like a career 35% jump shooter.

BloodyBaron
07-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Did you just call him an above average shooter?

Dude is like a career 35% jump shooter.

His 3 point shot is improving..the NBA is a year to year league buddy. Players get better at shooting all the time. Brook Lopez has a better 3 point % then most guards and forwards in the league out of nowhere.

nvrstopworking
07-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Looking like it'll be him and Rondo as the top FA signings this year.

BloodyBaron
07-11-2017, 10:50 PM

Which is what was expected. Mostly happy about getting Lopez and KCP and getting rid of D-Lo (addition by subtraction).

tonyparker69
07-11-2017, 10:53 PM
lonzo-rondo
kcp-clarkson-hart
ingram-kuzma
julius-larry
lopez-bryant (i hope)-zubac

that's not a bad team. not a good one but probably good enough for the 10th seed in the west.

we'll take it. just need to figure out a way to get rondo for the MLE instead of the room exception. that's basically the only reason that pelinka is here, for CBA stuff

HoustonMiscer
07-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Actually lol'd, won't edit it.

Repped for not being a pussy baby back bitch and actually having a sense of humor. Will rep on recharge

BloodyBaron
07-11-2017, 10:56 PM
lonzo-rondo
kcp-clarkson-hart
ingram-kuzma
julius-larry
lopez-bryant (i hope)-zubac

that's not a bad team. not a good one but probably good enough for the 10th seed in the west.

we'll take it. just need to figure out a way to get rondo for the MLE instead of the room exception. that's basically the only reason that pelinka is here, for CBA stuff

10th seed in the west = 7th seed in the East. We won 26 games last year tanking the final 6 weeks of the season, without Lonzo's great passing, and with D-Lo's terrible defense at the 2 (now replaced by KCP's great defense). Not even including Ingram's improvement and Lopez..this is a 40 win team.

EDIT: Why Zubac 3rd? I like Bryant's energy but I still hold hope for Zubac as our future big.

tonyparker69
07-11-2017, 11:06 PM
10th seed in the west = 7th seed in the East. We won 26 games last year tanking the final 6 weeks of the season, without Lonzo's great passing, and with D-Lo's terrible defense at the 2 (now replaced by KCP's great defense). Not even including Ingram's improvement and Lopez..this is a 40 win team.

EDIT: Why Zubac 3rd? I like Bryant's energy but I still hold hope for Zubac as our future big.

who knows what lonzo will be. even if he's really good one day, won't be surprised if he has plenty of rough patches his first few years. ingram i think is going to be real good this year though, but it takes guys a long time to get to a top level. even kawhi took years and he has a much more NBA ready body than BI, who looks bigger but still has a ways to go. i think his 3rd or 4th year is when he really starts to dominate. i did think we could have won 35 games last year if we didn't tank, i think we can win 40 this year. but who knows, 35 would be a start from 27 or whatever we had last year.

re: zubac, i'm not high on him. if you look at opponents shooting percentages, zubac was basically the worst defender in the league. he's not great offensively either to the point where you can justify playing him ala jonas valancuinas. dude's looked awful in SL when he should be dominating everyone. bryant is super long, super athletic and 100% effort every game, i think he's our guy at C in the future. but SL means nothing, we'll see how they play when the season starts

DGen94
07-11-2017, 11:08 PM
Lakers are doing good at handing out one year contracts so they can be off the books for a run at pg13,westbrook,lebron etc

GotNext
07-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Bakers baking a 350 degrees once again - I agree with the 35-40 win range, which is a good enough upward trajectory for some of the 2018 free agents.

Vbrah
07-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Oven is pre-heating...

BloodyBaron
07-12-2017, 01:01 AM
MGMYkEcnT-4

Them fast twitch muscle fibres of peace. Dude is an athletic freak with another gear. Only 24 and improving every year on offense and defense. If the Lakers miss out on PG13 and Lebron next year, max this dude and Lopez and move on.

Hoop_Dreams
07-12-2017, 03:02 AM
MGMYkEcnT-4

Them fast twitch muscle fibres of peace. Dude is an athletic freak with another gear. Only 24 and improving every year on offense and defense. If the Lakers miss out on PG13 and Lebron next year, max this dude and Lopez and move on.
Did we not learn from Mozgov and Deng?

Love the pickup though, especially for 1 year. Lakers will actually be watchable this year.

GotNext
07-12-2017, 03:14 AM

Love the pickup though, especially for 1 year. Lakers will actually be watchable this year.

I agree about premature max'ing, but with KCP we actually have a year to evaluate. Also he is 24 years old and has upside, Mozgov and Deng were just a big FU by Kupchak and Jim in hindsight.

Depth chart looking nice, might be nice to watch:

PG: Lonzo - Ennis or Rondo - Hart
SG: KCP - Clarkson - Nwaba
SF: Ingram - Brewer - Kuzma - Deng
PF: Randle - Nance Jr.
C: Lopez - Zubac - Bryant

Thats 15, though I think we will see a trade somewhere to make KCPs contract fit. With the clogging of the 2-guard spot, we may see a big trade of Clarkson for valuable picks. Or Nwaba clears waivers and comes back for minimum, not sure.

BloodyBaron
07-12-2017, 03:49 AM

KCP and Lopez are totally different from Mozgov and Deng, both are on 1 year contracts and we can see how they play within our system before maxing them. They're both also much younger as well. I'm saying that if we can't get any big FA's next year and both KCP/Lopez play well, we might have to keep them around.

sooby
07-12-2017, 04:50 AM
KCP and Lopez are totally different from Mozgov and Deng, both are on 1 year contracts and we can see how they play within our system before maxing them. They're both also much younger as well. I'm saying that if we can't get any big FA's next year and both KCP/Lopez play well, we might have to keep them around.

sweet, an actual Lakers fan that isn't a curry/warriors cuck don't see those around too often.

Hoop_Dreams
07-12-2017, 06:47 AM
I agree about premature max'ing, but with KCP we actually have a year to evaluate. Also he is 24 years old and has upside, Mozgov and Deng were just a big FU by Kupchak and Jim in hindsight.

Depth chart looking nice, might be nice to watch:

PG: Lonzo - Ennis or Rondo - Hart
SG: KCP - Clarkson - Nwaba
SF: Ingram - Brewer - Kuzma - Deng
PF: Randle - Nance Jr.
C: Lopez - Zubac - Bryant

Thats 15, though I think we will see a trade somewhere to make KCPs contract fit. With the clogging of the 2-guard spot, we may see a big trade of Clarkson for valuable picks. Or Nwaba clears waivers and comes back for minimum, not sure.

It's cool that they we get to see them for a season before having to make that decision, but neither one are max players.

They'd be a treadmill team for the next 4+ years if they gave those two the max. You'd basically be banking on this year's team as is to be the core. Yikes.

MMIS90
07-12-2017, 06:57 AM
the kid plays his ass off every single game. He is great on defense, but very inconsistent on offense. He has gotten better every year. He will be a good fit for them.

Alkosh
07-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Piston fan checking in. And thank goodness they got rid of that scrub. Dude can't shoot and needs a lot of shots to score 13 points. His production and shooting were horrible last year. Just lol at anyone thinking KCP is an above average shooter. Just lol. Now all the pistons gotta do is get rid svg Drummond and Reggie.

HoustonMiscer
07-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Piston fan checking in. And thank goodness they got rid of that scrub. Dude can't shoot and needs a lot of shots to score 13 points. His production and shooting were horrible last year. Just lol at anyone thinking KCP is an above average shooter. Just lol. Now all the pistons gotta do is get rid svg Drummond and Reggie.

Pistons need Bill Laimbeer to coach the team srs show them how a real man plays ball

sooby
07-12-2017, 09:37 AM

so basically their entire team

Alkosh
07-12-2017, 10:07 AM
so basically their entire team

Yea. Svg is the cuck of all cucks. Keep your political comments to your phaggot ass brother. Horrible coach and gm.

Drummond has no heart nor any desire to be anything besides below average.

Just lol at letting Reggie Jackson run your team. A total scrub. Excited abt Bradley tho.

sooby
07-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Yea. Svg is the cuck of all cucks. Keep your political comments to your phaggot ass brother. Horrible coach and gm.

Drummond has no heart nor any desire to be anything besides below average.

Just lol at letting Reggie Jackson run your team. A total scrub. Excited abt Bradley tho.

thought reggie would be a decent player but he played absolutely trash this year, could be the injury tho. Drummond still a really good player. SVG is pretty much a cuck tho, lol @ him being coach and making roster decisions.

RaphaelDeLaGhetto
07-12-2017, 10:42 AM
1 year overpaid contract. Not bad Magic, not bad...

Lebron & PG to lakers 2018 (not srs) (lakers fan srs)

mvpshaq32
07-12-2017, 10:56 AM

dude was a 35% 3PT shooter last season. Yeah he still needs to be more consistent, but he's a vast improvement over the other SG options on the Lakers. Great backcourt mate to Lonzo to actually provide shooting and defense

jinda628
07-12-2017, 11:36 AM
They are really paying this guy more than what GSW is playing Klay and Green?

waias15
07-12-2017, 11:43 AM
LMAO such a trash franchise

fans getting excited about a possible 30-40 win season

GodbeBryant
07-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Repped for not being a pussy baby back bitch and actually having a sense of humor. Will rep on recharge

got OP while ur azz is on r/c

tightteeshirt
07-12-2017, 01:24 PM
kcp? kcp? you act like we know who kcp is like he's someone special? LOL who the fuk is kcp?! acting like it's KD or LBJ or something..get the hell outta here. negged!

DontCallMePapi
07-12-2017, 03:06 PM
kcp? kcp? you act like we know who kcp is like he's someone special? LOL who the fuk is kcp?! acting like it's KD or LBJ or something..get the hell outta here. negged!

casual basketball fan detected

HughBMyron
07-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Actually a really good signing for the lakers..smart to give him a low term...cash doesn't matter when you're the LA lakers.

tightteeshirt
07-12-2017, 03:49 PM
casual basketball fan detected

wtf. come at me latspread brah. I've been watching bball since mike bibby got his first tattoo at Arizona back in 1997. I've been watching bball since the admiral and his shredded delts were patrolling the paint. negged!

BloodyBaron
07-12-2017, 04:54 PM
It's cool that they we get to see them for a season before having to make that decision, but neither one are max players.

They'd be a treadmill team for the next 4+ years if they gave those two the max. You'd basically be banking on this year's team as is to be the core. Yikes.

This years team + the hope that Lonzo and Ingram turn into generational stars and KCP turns into a 18-19ppg player with elite defense (making him a fringe all star 3 and D guy). I think I'm more in favor of just maxing KCP though (if he improves this year), you're right about Lopez. That would still leave 1 max for 2019-2020.

wtf. come at me latspread brah. I've been watching bball since mike bibby got his first tattoo at Arizona back in 1997. I've been watching bball since the admiral and his shredded delts were patrolling the paint. negged!

Repped.

evansanity
07-12-2017, 05:51 PM
I'm not a fan of KCP. I watched the pistons a lot last season. Literally nothing impressive about him. He just has a cool name and has decent handles. He hasn't improved much since year 2 in the league. The guy is a 3rd PG at on a good team at best.

thugonomics
07-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Solid signing. Low risk high reward type of pickup. Lakers are desperately in need of a solid defensive 2 guard to help take the load off Lonzo. I think getting him out of the awful situation that is the Pistons will do him well. If he makes the leap to being a good player, then the Lakers can throw some cash at him and have a solid 2 guard for many years to come. If he's still mediocre / regresses, hes off the books. Good position to be in.

Spill512
07-12-2017, 07:00 PM
kcp? kcp? acting like it's KD or LBJ or something..get the hell outta here. negged!

tO7e026LdYI

LMAO at this doofus hating on a blockbuster signing. Take a seat kid.

tightteeshirt
07-13-2017, 12:14 AM
tO7e026LdYI

LMAO at this doofus hating on a blockbuster signing. Take a seat kid.

yeah u got that right