PuTangSlayer
07-08-2017, 07:07 PM
- doesn't have a shot
- can't drive
- slow
- I can go on and on

tonyparker69
07-08-2017, 07:12 PM
dude out here shooting 30% for the night but lakers fans goin crazy cuz he doubled his shooting percentage from last night

his new ceiling is "31 year old Rajon Rondo with a broken finger" plays so identical to him it's scary

since when did you become such a salty motherfuker?

datboiYWOC
07-08-2017, 07:15 PM
since when did you become such a salty motherfuker?

I just call it like I see it, never bought into the ball hype. Lakers fans hyping this guy as a generational talent are just annoying af. So many glaring flaws that aren't fixable if you look at him objectively. He's just the next Rubio/Rondo, I don't see what anyone sees in this guy outside of being a great passer.

How can you not hate the guy if he's not on your team when his dad is out here saying he's gonna be the best guard ever lmao. Look how slow he is trying to drive by people. He'll never be that explosive point guard and he'll never be a good scoring point guard either cause his shooting motion is fundamentally flawed and gonna be taken advantage of by NBA level defenders. His passing/court vision reminds me of Chris Paul but he's nowhere near as athletic as CP

When's the last time any all star level guard in the NBA has had a shooting motion as busted as Ball's? Can't think of one off the top of my head.

orderoutofchaos
07-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Stay in yo lane op

tonyparker69
07-08-2017, 07:20 PM
I just call it like I see it, never bought into the ball hype. Lakers fans hyping this guy as a generational talent are just annoying af. So many glaring flaws that aren't fixable if you look at him objectively. He's just the next Rubio/Rondo, I don't see what anyone sees in this guy outside of being a great passer.

i never either, i'm still super concerned about his lack of a halfcourt game, his inability to shoot midrange and his defence, but there's a ton of positives too. the way he controls a game is way beyond his years and that transition passing is going to translate immediately.

but that said, i wouldn't draw any conclusions from summer league. it favours guys like tatum who are great iso players, they always look amazing. lonzo's game is based on team chemistry, knowing who is going to set what screen and where so he can come off it for the 3, having everyone running in transition etc. the play style in SL isn't anything like the regular season. i remember after lonzo graduated and pre UCLA, they went to australia for some top prospect game and he was horrible because of the same thing. and unlike rondo and rubio, lonzo is a great catch and shooter. those two can't shoot from anywhere

orderoutofchaos
07-08-2017, 07:21 PM
He sux cause he's out there just trying to get a feel for the game playing againstguys who are ddesperate for contracts and clawing tooth and nail. Things will change soon

CobyWan
07-08-2017, 07:21 PM

He's going to be a better shooter than both those guys. Not even close. Ball might have his issues getting his shot off in traffic, especially off the dribble. But he's a good enough shooter to make an open shot. Or if guys go under every screen defending him. Defenders could sag way off the other two guys off ball and would pass up open jumpers. I don't think that will be the case with Ball.

WSG1
07-08-2017, 07:22 PM
His shot is so so so so bad. Like going to fuk up his career bad. Dude is a good passer and seems to have a decent IQ but youre not chit if you cant score.

tonyparker69
07-08-2017, 07:24 PM
He's going to be a better shooter than both those guys. Not even close. Ball might have his issues getting his shot off in traffic, especially off the dribble. But he's a good enough shooter to make an open shot. Or if guys go under every screen defending him. Defenders could sag way off the other two guys off ball and would pass up open jumpers. I don't think that will be the case with Ball.

correct. that was his entire halfcourt game in college, he'd be running off pindowns and screens like he's klay thompson. he might struggle off the dribble, but he's going to torch teams if they go under screens.

DropSetDemon
07-08-2017, 07:25 PM
dude out here shooting 30% for the night but lakers fans goin crazy cuz he doubled his shooting percentage from last night

his new ceiling is "31 year old Rajon Rondo with a broken finger" plays so identical to him it's scary

I like ball and I think he'll be great once he gets more comfortable but damn dude he does look exactly like rondo out there. That's a spot on call

Reytardo
07-08-2017, 08:13 PM
https://j.gifs.com/pgxEv2.gif

jalundah
07-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Been saying it since he started to get hype.

Ball is a slightly taller Kendall Marshall. Will be a journeyman and out of the league before he's 30.

mvpshaq32
07-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Been saying it since he started to get hype.

Ball is a slightly taller Kendall Marshall. Will be a journeyman and out of the league before he's 30.

tell me again when Kendall Marshall ever did this

http://i.imgur.com/Prd4W5H.gif

tightteeshirt
07-08-2017, 09:14 PM
the most pathetic thing was the fans at the game tonight oohing and aahing at ****ing bounce passes like they were at an and1 game.

WSG1
07-08-2017, 09:27 PM
the most pathetic thing was the fans at the game tonight oohing and aahing at ****ing bounce passes like they were at an and1 game.

There was a shot of a bunch of laker fans in the audience after Ball did a basic ass lay up. You wouldve swore they spliced in a clip of the crowd after a clutch Kobe shot in the Finals. That was the most cringe thing i've seen in awhile LOL

Hoop_Dreams
07-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Some quality trolling ITT.

My favorite parts were "slightly taller Kendall Marshall" and "his vision reminds me of Chris Paul but nowhere near as athletic"

jassako
07-08-2017, 11:05 PM
OP needs to stay in his lane. triple double in 2nd game. das it mane, future HOFer confirmed

Lolman5050
07-09-2017, 03:32 AM
lonzo ball has a very good game going for him right now but wat I'm really worried about is his motor, guy looks like hes ready to give up at any moment

TheRejuvenated
07-09-2017, 04:34 AM

How can you not hate the guy if he's not on your team when his dad is out here saying he's gonna be the best guard ever lmao. Look how slow he is trying to drive by people. He'll never be that explosive point guard and he'll never be a good scoring point guard either cause his shooting motion is fundamentally flawed and gonna be taken advantage of by NBA level defenders. His passing/court vision reminds me of Chris Paul but he's nowhere near as athletic as CP

When's the last time any all star level guard in the NBA has had a shooting motion as busted as Ball's? Can't think of one off the top of my head.

i dont know about the motion but john wall was a pretty bad jump shooter coming out of college, it was pretty infamous when there was video of him making like 6 or 7 out of 10 jumpers in a shootaround by himself or something. he's obviously improved it. if ball's motion fails in the nba he can always change it, batters in the MLB change it all the time.

that said, im certainly rooting against lonzo bc 1) Laker 2)His dad

all THAT said, lets wait til regular season please, summer league means less than nothing

johnnyboi123
07-09-2017, 09:13 AM
so ricky rubio has somebody to pass the torch to lmao

this is what you are supposed to look like playing against summer league scrubs:

agTIJF6ktbk

WSG1
07-09-2017, 11:41 AM
so ricky rubio has somebody to pass the torch to lmao

this is what you are supposed to look like playing against summer league scrubs:

agTIJF6ktbk

Thats what i've been saying. 90% of these dudes will be bench warmers and D leaguers. These "star" players should be going for 15-20+ with absolute ease. If Lonzo is struggling to score now, He has no chance in the big leagues.

Dre4
07-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Some quality trolling ITT.

My favorite parts were "slightly taller Kendall Marshall" and "his vision reminds me of Chris Paul but nowhere near as athletic"

That is beyond trolling, it's flat out autistry.

I'm not a big fan of Ball because of his obnoxious dad. But even I can see him having a long and productive career similar to Jamal Crawford's. Not saying he has the same game, just that he's capable of putting up similar numbers.

waytoodeep03
07-09-2017, 08:03 PM
OP needs to stay in his lane. triple double in 2nd game. das it mane, future HOFer confirmed

rondo had triple doubles on the regular when with the celtics and is no where near a HOFer. Id say the comparison is fair and Im a Lakers fan

BostonRockets
07-09-2017, 08:34 PM
That is beyond trolling, it's flat out autistry.

I'm not a big fan of Ball because of his obnoxious dad. But even I can see him having a long and productive career similar to Jamal Crawford's. Not saying he has the same game, just that he's capable of putting up similar numbers.

holy sh!t jamal crawford is a career .410 shooter and has had several seasons under .400. had no idea.

HughBMyron
07-09-2017, 09:35 PM
tell me again when Kendall Marshall ever did this

http://i.imgur.com/Prd4W5H.gif

college lmao

gtfo

mvpshaq32
07-09-2017, 09:49 PM
college lmao

gtfo

yeah please show me Kendall doing this in college either lmao

gtfo

HughBMyron
07-09-2017, 11:07 PM
yeah please show me Kendall doing this in college either lmao

gtfo

"college" lmao stop ethering yourself kid.

college means almost nothing. stop using college highlights to defend the fact that lonzo has shown so far he is ASS

mvpshaq32
07-10-2017, 12:11 AM

college means almost nothing. stop using college highlights to defend the fact that lonzo has shown so far he is ASS

says college almost means nothing

says Lonzo is ass because of 2 summer league games despite being the first to get a triple-double in history

lmao the self ethers

CroForce
07-10-2017, 12:46 AM
Oh, Lonzo dunked on somebody once in college, that settles it, he is not a bust

thehypocrit
07-10-2017, 01:02 AM
Thats what i've been saying. 90% of these dudes will be bench warmers and D leaguers. These "star" players should be going for 15-20+ with absolute ease. If Lonzo is struggling to score now, He has no chance in the big leagues.

how many people have done that? lol you're ****ing delusional

BloodyBaron
07-10-2017, 01:34 AM

God damn you're so fukking retarded. Porzingis and KAT had bad Summer leagues and look where they are now. Just stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.

Godyssey
07-10-2017, 01:59 AM
Daily reminder that seeing Laker fans miserable is delightful to me. Keep coping. Keep collapsing. Keep being delusional.

I fukking love your misery

BloodyBaron
07-10-2017, 04:45 AM
Daily reminder that seeing Laker fans miserable is delightful to me. Keep coping. Keep collapsing. Keep being delusional.

I fukking love your misery

Miami Heat lmao. Gonna be a middling team for the next 10 years boyo. Jumped on the wrong bandwagon.

sooby
07-10-2017, 06:35 AM

as opposed to 2 summer league games?

j4s57
07-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Give em more time, the sample size is still too small to draw a conclusion

TMaC828
07-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Simpleton logic.

Game 1: LOL @ poor performance in summer league game vs. summer league talent.

Game 2: LOL @ triple double... it's against summer league talent, no reason to get excited.

tekkenbruh
07-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Miami Heat lmao. Gonna be a middling team for the next 10 years boyo. Jumped on the wrong bandwagon.

Lakers won't see playoffs for the next 2 years at least

Aesthetical
07-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Simpleton logic.

Game 2: LOL @ triple double... it's against summer league talent, no reason to get excited.

This

The Lake Show is Bake

mvpshaq32
07-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Oh, Lonzo dunked on somebody once in college, that settles it, he is not a bust

and reading comprehension was not seen this day

tekkenbruh
07-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Simpleton logic.

Let's turn it around shall we

Game 1: it's just Summer League, Towns had bad Summer League as well

Game 2: ROTY HOF

Two can play this game bruh

Spill512
07-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Let's turn it around shall we

Game 1: it's just Summer League, Towns had bad Summer League as well

Game 2: ROTY HOF

Two can play this game bruh

Cringe

Can't believe you consistently type out these posts and press submit without ever realizing "man, this is a terrible post. I should just logout instead."

You're equating two things that aren't equal. The baseline is that Lonzo is a great prospect. This is what we've all known. To use one summer league to discredit that is asinine; however, to use it as further evidence of what we know is just making a more compelling case. Same reason why Lebron isn't deemed terrible everytime he has a bad game. There's a difference in saying that Lonzo is terrible after one game, which is a huge stretch given that we know Lonzo is elite and saying Lonzo is great after one game, which is not a stretch at all. We knew heading into Summer League that he is one of the leading candidates for ROTY.

BloodyBaron
07-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Lakers won't see playoffs for the next 2 years at least

Cringe

Can't believe you consistently type out these posts and press submit without ever realizing "man, this is a terrible post. I should just logout instead."

You're equating two things that aren't equal. The baseline is that Lonzo is a great prospect. This is what we've all known. To use one summer league to discredit that is asinine; however, to use it as further evidence of what we know is just making a more compelling case. Same reason why Lebron isn't deemed terrible everytime he has a bad game. There's a difference in saying that Lonzo is terrible after one game, which is a huge stretch given that we know Lonzo is elite and saying Lonzo is great after one game, which is not a stretch at all. We knew heading into Summer League that he is one of the leading candidates for ROTY.

Stop it man, this is way too much logic for these cucks to handle.

tekkenbruh
07-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Cringe

Cringe

You don't talk until you present a list of "many coaches" who have Kobe above Jordan

Godyssey
07-11-2017, 03:14 PM

Except they are going to the ECF next year. Try again

Remember this post