PDA

View Full Version : When can I bulk?

cavefishx
06-28-2017, 01:45 AM
I'm 23 years old and when I started working out I was around 40% body fat and 260 pounds, now I'm down to 190 pounds and a much healthier body fat percentage. (20ish body fat)

Is it ok for me to start a bulking routine? I'm tired of feeling like my arms are noodles. Thanks

chamelious
06-28-2017, 03:01 AM
I'm 23 years old and when I started working out I was around 40% body fat and 260 pounds, now I'm down to 190 pounds and a much healthier body fat percentage. (20ish body fat)

Is it ok for me to start a bulking routine? I'm tired of feeling like my arms are noodles. Thanks

No one can tell you what to do, but if you're really around 20% then everyone here will tell you no. Aim for 12-15% before bulking.

WolfRose7
06-28-2017, 03:19 AM
what you do is get down to 2%, maybe 1.5. Then slow bulk up to 3, being careful never to exceed this as anything above 3 is obese.

Anyway. in all serious I would just switch to maintenance for a bit and recomp. Try and gain strength while doing that.
Once you stopping being able to add weight to your lifts you can then choose to add calories or switch back to a cut first for a bit