PDA

View Full Version : Bulking

LRLAesthetics
05-29-2017, 06:44 PM
I've just turned 20, this past year I've been really trying too force my body too add size, I was clocking in 3500 clean kcals a day but half way through I reached 4000+ and kept consistent with it yet I'm still not gaining weight on the scales....

I'm 6'0, and range between 75-78kg. The simple answer would be eat more but I unfortunately due too work there are only so many hours in a day too eat a lot of food! I'm literally eating every 2/3 hrs all day with big meals. I'm looking for some advice on what I could do, I've thought about maybe swapping out some meals for more 'dirty' meals so I can bump these calories up, such as junk foods and ice cream. This is advice I've heard Calum Von Moger preach. Should I try this?

WitYoChestBoa
05-29-2017, 06:47 PM
Everything in moderation you don't have to keep everything "clean". Also, if you are sure that you are eating above your daily maintence caloric intake then you aren't counting accurately enough. Case solved.

ErikTheElectric
05-29-2017, 07:12 PM
As I stated in your identical thread in the other section.

There's no such thing as "clean calories". IF you need more food, then eat more food. Stop buying into the "clean eating myth".

WitYoChestBoa
05-29-2017, 07:20 PM
As I stated in your identical thread in the other section.

There's no such thing as "clean calories". IF you need more food, then eat more food. Stop buying into the "clean eating myth".
Basically this it's just that some foods are packed with more unhealthy fats then other foods and or have more hidden micro nutrients that could be unhealthy such as sodium and sugar.

Mikeez0
05-29-2017, 10:44 PM
Basically this it's just that some foods are packed with more unhealthy fats then other foods and or have more hidden micro nutrients that could be unhealthy such as sodium and sugar.Stop watching at food like black and white, if you conistently eat mostly "healthy", both sugar and sodium won't hurt you.
Nobody trying to hide something from you. Read nutrition labels aleast and ingredients.

WitYoChestBoa
05-30-2017, 12:13 AM
Stop watching at food like black and white, if you conistently eat mostly "healthy", both sugar and sodium won't hurt you.
Nobody trying to hide something from you. Read nutrition labels aleast and ingredients.
Just letting him know what to look for. If hes eating tons of added sugar that he would otherwise not be aware of, that is not healthy imo even if everything else does fit his macros.

LRLAesthetics
08-21-2017, 10:52 AM
Everything in moderation you don't have to keep everything "clean". Also, if you are sure that you are eating above your daily maintence caloric intake then you aren't counting accurately enough. Case solved.

Yeah I'm definitely calculating it all correctly. I've used my fitness pal and worked it out by hand. Currently at 4700kcals now and still no bump in weight although strength has increased and I have received comments saying I look bigger but the scales don't agree haha

Like you've all suggested, I will stop this clean food myth and I'll start adding in highly dense calorific foods such as pizzas etc. Appreciate the advice, I'll keep you guys posted.