PDA

View Full Version : Texas' Bathroom Bill



TxMRF
05-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Tonight the Texas House passed Texas Senate Bill 2078, Amendment 2, or the second Transgender Bathroom Bill in the nation.

Essentially, the bill asserts that those students identifying as a gender that is not their biological sex will be giving single-unit bathroom/changing facilities.

Why is this an issue? The bill applies to only public schools, but applies to all bathrooms and locker rooms in these locations.

Democrats assert that the amendment is discriminatory and related it to jim crow laws.
Republicans assert that the amendment protects children in bathrooms and locker rooms while preventing discrimination because any child that wishes to have his or her own changing facility can now use one.

Thoughts?

StoliFun
05-21-2017, 09:16 PM
I sympathise with the Democrats on this one. It must suck to be forcibly isolated from the other members of the gender with whom you identify.

A-GAME
05-21-2017, 09:25 PM
If private companies/institutions want to pay for separate tranny restrooms, that's fine. In the interest of protecting the vulnerable public, trannies should not be allowed to use the bathrooms they identify with because of the potential abuse of those laws by predators.

I don't know why they can't just use the disabled bathroom. "But they're not disabled!". Neither am I, but I use it when the line is too long in the men's. Who gives a ****? It's cleaner anyway.

mCheech
05-21-2017, 09:38 PM
What a **** show.

jbball92
05-21-2017, 09:50 PM
Good. Inb4 Delusioncrats think that 17 year old mentally ill dudes should be allowed to shower with high school girls

TheFornicator1
05-21-2017, 10:09 PM
I said a long time ago that the inclusion of a unisex bathroom is the only sensible approach to this topic. I don't understand why both sides didn't agree with that to start with. Comparing it to Jim Crowe laws is absolutely spastic; men and women piss & **** separately, is that Jim Crowe-esque? Of course not.

For anybody outside of the 99% of the population that identifies as male or female, the other 1% can access a unisex bathroom. These bathrooms already exist as disabled facilities and general unisex bathrooms in many private facilities.

A-GAME
05-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Good. Inb4 Delusioncrats think that 17 year old mentally ill dudes should be allowed to shower with high school girls

Hello. I am 17 years old girl prom Pilipines. You can buy me sum plowers handsome man....

https://media1.giphy.com/media/mmgxuEoMNmgKY/giphy.gif

icetrauma
05-21-2017, 10:58 PM
I said a long time ago that the inclusion of a unisex bathroom is the only sensible approach to this topic. I don't understand why both sides didn't agree with that to start with. Comparing it to Jim Crowe laws is absolutely spastic; men and women piss & **** separately, is that Jim Crowe-esque? Of course not.

For anybody outside of the 99% of the population that identifies as male or female, the other 1% can access a unisex bathroom. These bathrooms already exist as disabled facilities and general unisex bathrooms in many private facilities.

Except I'm sure the use of gender neutral will offend someone. Agree on Jim Crowe laws comparison.

jtaylor2010
05-22-2017, 04:00 AM
I sympathise with the Democrats on this one. It must suck to be forcibly isolated from the other members of the gender with whom you identify.

Lol....



Brb- identifying as a teacher

Brb- get access to the teacher's lounge



Hopefully they don't continue to ban students that identify as teachers from that area. Would suck to be forcibly removed from your fellow teachers.

wesleysh21
05-22-2017, 05:57 AM
I said a long time ago that the inclusion of a unisex bathroom is the only sensible approach to this topic. I don't understand why both sides didn't agree with that to start with. Comparing it to Jim Crowe laws is absolutely spastic; men and women piss & **** separately, is that Jim Crowe-esque? Of course not.

For anybody outside of the 99% of the population that identifies as male or female, the other 1% can access a unisex bathroom. These bathrooms already exist as disabled facilities and general unisex bathrooms in many private facilities.

Obviously we've got tons of facilities that don't have uni-sex bathrooms and many of them can't really accommodate one without creating a hardship for the building owner. That being said, I think uni-sex bathrooms in general are awesome and I hope they make them a standard part of most public spaces. My wife and I were talking about this over the weekend. What am I supposed to do when my daughter gets older...but is still too young for me to allow her to go potty by herself out in public? Do I take her in the men's restroom? Do I go into the women's restroom with her? Uni-sex restroom FTW! My wife's mom had the opposite problem with her brother. So she was taking him into the women's restroom. One big issue there was he sprouted up like a weed (he's 6'4" now) so he looked taller and older than he really was...so it got awkward for other ladies in the restroom. I've been in restrooms where the mom waits outside and lets the boys go in by themselves, and I've seen the wrecking havoc cause there's no one there to supervise them...in addition to it being a potential safety issue.

I just think some things do not need to be legislated. Trannies have been pissing in public for years...has there been a massive problem with which restroom they are choosing? I don't like the idea of some guy going into the ladies room, but isn't it also awkward if a tranny with a dress, heels and boobs to walk into the men's room cause they've still got their man bits...and I think one of the bills proposed was the birth sex, so you've got a tranny with a vajayjay using the men's room.

wesleysh21
05-22-2017, 05:58 AM
Lol....



Brb- identifying as a teacher

Brb- get access to the teacher's lounge



Hopefully they don't continue to ban students that identify as teachers from that area. Would suck to be forcibly removed from your fellow teachers.

brb identify as Jessica Alba's husband
brb I get to use her bathroom

FlexLex
05-22-2017, 07:07 AM
The only logical solution to this nonsense is to start walking in female bathrooms and taking huige ****s. We can identify as a woman for those 20 minutes. I think a lot of visionary millenial women will change their tune when a hoard of neckbeards is playing battle****s in their stalls

SRS

HoganIsGOAT
05-22-2017, 07:22 AM
Tonight the Texas House passed Texas Senate Bill 2078, Amendment 2, or the second Transgender Bathroom Bill in the nation.

Essentially, the bill asserts that those students identifying as a gender that is not their biological sex will be giving single-unit bathroom/changing facilities.

Why is this an issue? The bill applies to only public schools, but applies to all bathrooms and locker rooms in these locations.

Democrats assert that the amendment is discriminatory and related it to jim crow laws.
Republicans assert that the amendment protects children in bathrooms and locker rooms while preventing discrimination because any child that wishes to have his or her own changing facility can now use one.

Thoughts?

And who is paying for these single unit bathrooms and changing rooms to accommodate the mentally ill who refuse to seek treatment? I have a major problem with that aspect.

Are taxpayer's supposed to pay for this to accommodate .-nothing percent of the population? Or are the business owners supposed to suddenly come up with tens of thousands of dollars or more to build this?

If they would like new businesses to do this going forward, fine. If a business owner volunteers to do this, fine. However, forcing a current business owner to do this - HELL NO.

Godemis
05-22-2017, 07:23 AM
I can honestly care less. What I think is ridiculous is thinking a child can identify what gender they are. I think when you are 18 you would have a better understanding of who you are. I think forcing schools and business to do this is pretty ridiculous. I dont think people will abuse it like so many on here think but I do think it will be abused in the future.

Its a strange topic. I support people living life their own way but I have a difficult time empathizing with trans. Mostly because I have never met one and if I did I would feel really awkward.

TelephoneLines
05-22-2017, 07:26 AM
This is just getting ridiculous. These people make up suuuchhhhh a small percentage of the population, but they are so fukking loud that they have to be catered to like the babies they are.

TxMRF
05-22-2017, 07:51 AM
I'd like to remind people,

The issue applies to gym locker rooms as well, not just bathrooms. So showers and changing rooms and stuff

In regards to the bathroom, they would use bathrooms already in place like handicap bathrooms and stuff unless the current bathroom is empty then they don't get a special accommodation.

arn710
05-22-2017, 08:10 AM
I don't understand why this is an issue at all

Mentally ill people should just continue using whatever bathroom they were using before

Its ridiculous that we should be forced to pander to such a small minority

ssg10587
05-22-2017, 08:16 AM
No. And parents who allow their kids to go through with this should be charged with abuse and whatever other charges you can throw at them.

Also lol how everything Dems consider even remotely discriminatory to be Jim Crow laws. Yes, not allowing people the bathroom of their dreams is segregation...totally convinced....

Audioslave
05-22-2017, 08:37 AM
I said a long time ago that the inclusion of a unisex bathroom is the only sensible approach to this topic. I don't understand why both sides didn't agree with that to start with. Comparing it to Jim Crowe laws is absolutely spastic; men and women piss & **** separately, is that Jim Crowe-esque? Of course not.

For anybody outside of the 99% of the population that identifies as male or female, the other 1% can access a unisex bathroom. These bathrooms already exist as disabled facilities and general unisex bathrooms in many private facilities.

When I was younger I did sports outside of school and we had coed bathrooms AND coed locker rooms. No one ever gave a sh!t and we never had a problem with it. But that was just my experience. If there are studies that show it is much more dangerous then it would not be a viable option.

BioDiver
05-22-2017, 08:42 AM
http://media.makeameme.org/created/when-you-gotta-oi2a0x.jpg




































http://i.giphy.com/3o85xHXClYIc6BGYV2.webp

Basically, who gives a chit where you chit, but you just know that whoever uses the "appropriate" gendered bathroom is going to have a bad time as a result by way of taunting and bullying. And like Godemis said, I have a hard time believing these kids are actually trans/suffer from gender dysmorphia at that age, so if there's no proof that they've been diagnosed then that settles it.

ZenBowman
05-22-2017, 09:20 AM
I said a long time ago that the inclusion of a unisex bathroom is the only sensible approach to this topic. I don't understand why both sides didn't agree with that to start with.

This.

Seems reasonable to all concerned. Those who feel uncomfortable in the bathroom to which they are assigned due to sex can use the unisex bathroom, and so can others who don't like using the restroom around other people.

Win/win.

HoganIsGOAT
05-22-2017, 09:39 AM
I said a long time ago that the inclusion of a unisex bathroom is the only sensible approach to this topic. I don't understand why both sides didn't agree with that to start with.


This.

Seems reasonable to all concerned. Those who feel uncomfortable in the bathroom to which they are assigned due to sex can use the unisex bathroom, and so can others who don't like using the restroom around other people.

Win/win.

Great. Who's paying to build these new bathrooms in each place of business, government buildings...etc.?

BioDiver
05-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Great. Who's paying to build these new bathrooms in each place of business, government buildings...etc.?

A lot of schools (ADA requirement) and federal buildings already have unisex, handicap-accessible bathrooms, at least IME working for the USG. Businesses aren't at issue here in Texas, it's only schools for the time being.

HoganIsGOAT
05-22-2017, 10:00 AM
A lot of schools (ADA requirement) and federal buildings already have unisex, handicap-accessible bathrooms, at least IME working for the USG. Businesses aren't at issue here in Texas, it's only schools for the time being.

My post is in reference to a nation-wide solution of that, based on there remarks, not Texas specifically. Though Texas likely doesn't have gender neutral locker rooms...etc. I've lived up and down the east coast and I rarely see anything gender neutral or private, when it comes to public bathrooms, locker rooms..etc.

Audioslave
05-22-2017, 10:04 AM
Great. Who's paying to build these new bathrooms in each place of business, government buildings...etc.?

If they said tomorrow that all men's restrooms are now unisex, I couldn't care less. At least by me, the way bathrooms are setup are inefficient. If you go to a mall or something women have it the worst. Men can usually walk right in and out of the men's restroom but a line usually builds up at the women's restrooms. Probably because you can fit far more urinals than toilets, which is what men use. I never understood why the restrooms were built the way they were. Either cut the men's restrooms in half and expands the women's or just make the men's or both unisex. Just my opinion though.

HoganIsGOAT
05-22-2017, 10:06 AM
If they said tomorrow that all men's restrooms are now unisex, I couldn't care less. At least by me, the way bathrooms are setup are inefficient. If you go to a mall or something women have it the worst. Men can usually walk right in and out of the men's restroom but a line usually builds up at the women's restrooms. Probably because you can fit far more urinals than toilets, which is what men use. I never understood why the restrooms were built the way they were. Either cut the men's restrooms in half and expands the women's or just make the men's or both unisex. Just my opinion though.

So you'd be okay with young girls walking in to use a bathroom where strange men have their dinks out in fully display, pissing?

Audioslave
05-22-2017, 10:26 AM
So you'd be okay with young girls walking in to use a bathroom where strange men have their dinks out in fully display, pissing?

Honestly, I couldn't care less. I'm not sure why a guy would put his "dink" on full display though. Whether it's a young boy or young girl or grown adult, I don't think anyone wants to see someone's "dink" on display. In my experience, all guys have stayed within the urinal dividers and never back away to swing their dicks around in full display.

But even besides that, I think this idea that the sight of a naked body part can scar young boys and girls is BS. I've been to beaches overseas and they have every body part you can imagine on display and I don't think anyone is going to grow up to be scarred from it. But like I said, that's just my opinion.

HockeyBacon18
05-22-2017, 10:35 AM
yea this is fine with me.

if they "dont identify with their gentilia" then they get their own change room, while boys that "identify as female" dont get to use the girls room

plus lets be real here. if you guys are really about protecting transgenders, you dont want them in public change rooms where a herd of middle schools would be left alone without supervision with the "weird kid"

i think we all know what happens in those situations

HoganIsGOAT
05-22-2017, 10:47 AM
In my experience, all guys have stayed within the urinal dividers and never back away to swing their dicks around in full display.

I can confirm, not every bathroom has urinal dividers bro.

Audioslave
05-22-2017, 10:56 AM
I can confirm, not every bathroom has urinal dividers bro.

That's true. If you go to a stadium you're usually pissing in a big tub filled with ice. I think for the most part restrooms have urinal dividers, and if they don't they should. In situations like that we are supposed to follow the unwritten rules - keep your eyes forward. Basically, if you don't want to see a guys dick then you won't. Like I said, this is just my opinion. I am not bashing the people who want to keep men and women restrooms separate. All I'm saying is that I couldn't care less.