PDA

View Full Version : If the East is so awful compared to the West...

Jaydawg08
05-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Then why the F don't alot of star players make their way over to the East and almost guarantee themselves a chance at a finals run? Seems all these star players want to stay in the west. Almost seems like their scared or something. Would rather fight amongst themselves instead of trying to take on the 2nd greatest player of all time.

BeastModeFTW
05-20-2017, 10:51 AM
because all these top players are drafted by western conference teams and you can get paid more money by resigning with your original team. none of these guys are going to leave 50 million or so on the table to play elsewhere.

sammywatkins
05-20-2017, 10:53 AM
It's almost like you don't understand how contracts work. Or pride.

Spill512
05-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Cause they're either staying with their team for money or leaving for a superteam. You aren't making any superteam in the east cause all the teams are trash.

Jaydawg08
05-20-2017, 10:55 AM
because all these top players are drafted by western conference teams and you can get paid more money by resigning with your original team. none of these guys are going to leave 50 million or so on the table to play elsewhere.

Without even thinking to hard into it Durant and harden come to mind to make that false

Spill512
05-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Without even thinking to hard into it Durant and harden come to mind to make that false

...Harden wasn't offered the money by his original team. It was pretty big news. He was offered it by Houston.

Are you new to watching the NBA?

BeastModeFTW
05-20-2017, 10:59 AM

harden was traded to the rockets. also at the time harden was traded he was a 16 ppg 6th man and many people did not view him as a max contract guy. Durant just pulled a LeBron to level the playing field.

Belome
05-20-2017, 11:00 AM
LeBron James

/Thread

Swept
05-20-2017, 11:13 AM
Their scared of Lebron. Both George and Lowry are about to bolt out west. Look at MarshMelo Anthony went from dominating the west to Lebrons doormat in the east.

cashinout
05-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Lakers and Spurs have been in the last 12/17 NBA finals

MUCH TOUGH CONFERENCE

top kek boys top kek

nvrstopworking
05-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Less pressure in the West. If you fall flat on your face tards will always give you that excuse.... "b-b-b-but Western Conference!!!"

Durant + Wall and Beal could have been a great opponent for the Cavs.... but "The Servant" was too much of a bish to risk it.

FallOutBrah
05-20-2017, 12:23 PM
which team would they join in the east? durant went to the warriors because of the talent there already.

fleeceitout
05-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Less pressure in the West. If you fall flat on your face tards will always give you that excuse.... "b-b-b-but Western Conference!!!"

Durant + Wall and Beal could have been a great opponent for the Cavs.... but "The Servant" was too much of a bish to risk it.

You're just mad he out lebron'd lebron.

JrM703
05-20-2017, 12:24 PM

You're not entirely wrong, however a big reason for KD saying no to Home (DC) was all the 4th and 5th cousins that were going to be hanging on as soon as he was back in the area, and no real comparison to living rich in Cali vs DC.

DC is a really small city.
Especially if you grew up here.

CyberSheriff
05-20-2017, 01:02 PM
The better question is why if the East is so weak why were the Cavs a lottery team right after Lebron left after being a 1 seed the season before and a lottery team with Kyrie?

nvrstopworking
05-20-2017, 01:03 PM
You're not entirely wrong, however a big reason for KD saying no to Home (DC) was all the 4th and 5th cousins that were going to be hanging on as soon as he was back in the area, and no real comparison to living rich in Cali vs DC.

DC is a really small city.
Especially if you grew up here.

MIA would have been interesting too but I guess he didn't want the pressure of following Lebron.

GotNext
05-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Lakers and Spurs have been in the last 12/17 NBA finals

MUCH TOUGH CONFERENCE

top kek boys top kek

Lakers OR Spurs. The fukin commentators also get this wrong all the time and its annoying as fuk. Or since when do we have two western teams in the Finals ...

tekkenbruh
05-20-2017, 01:18 PM
harden was traded to the rockets. also at the time harden was traded he was a 16 ppg 6th man and many people did not view him as a max contract guy. Durant just pulled a LeBron to level the playing field.

That's what you tell yourself before going to sleep? If he wanted to level the playing field, he'd go to Boston not a 73 win team with 2x MVP who beat him after being down 3-1

fleeceitout
05-20-2017, 01:18 PM
The better question is why if the East is so weak why were the Cavs a lottery team right after Lebron left?

Because they lost half their team and their Head Coach at the same time and also had a fuk load of injuries?

Just a guess.

Spill512
05-20-2017, 01:23 PM
MIA would have been interesting too but I guess he didn't want the pressure of following Lebron.

If he was going to go to those teams, he might has well have stayed in OKC. He joined GS which is in no way comparable to MIA or the Wizards.

Stop trying to build a blatantly false narrative. Players want to team up with other superstars. The closest thing to a superstar in the East is...John Wall? Paul George? Nobody is leaving their city to play with those guys.

Building a weird narrative that players are running away from Lebron in the East is laughable when Golden State is clearly the biggest threat in the league.

Belome
05-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Because they lost half their team and their Head Coach at the same time and also had a fuk load of injuries?

Just a guess.

Good guess, well not really. The answer is LeBron James.

Have a participation trophy for playing.

fleeceitout
05-20-2017, 01:31 PM
Good guess, well not really. The answer is LeBron James.

Have a participation trophy for playing.

You mean the guy who made one Finals appearance in 7 years, where he went on to get swept in embarrassing fashion and didn't have a winning record against teams over .500 in the playoffs until he joined his little super teams? Is that the guy you're referring to?

I lol'd.

Spill512
05-20-2017, 01:34 PM
You mean the guy who made one Finals appearance in 7 years, where he went on to get swept in embarrassing fashion and didn't have a winning record against teams over .500 until he joined his little super teams? Is that the guy you're referring to?

I lol'd.

I think he's talking about the guy in 2007 who made the finals...but if you moved his team to the West, he would have been 6th seed, would have faced the Spurs in the first round, and would have gotten swept in the 1st like he ended up doing anyway in the finals.

fleeceitout
05-20-2017, 01:42 PM
I think he's talking about the guy in 2007 who made the finals...but if you moved his team to the West, he would have been 6th seed, would have faced the Spurs in the first round, and would have gotten swept in the 1st like he ended up doing anyway in the finals.

Isn't he the same guy that also got his chit pushed in by a 50 year old Jason Terry in 2011, or is that another bald team hopping bitch I'm thinking of?

nvrstopworking
05-20-2017, 02:45 PM
If he was going to go to those teams, he might has well have stayed in OKC. He joined GS which is in no way comparable to MIA or the Wizards.

Stop trying to build a blatantly false narrative. Players want to team up with other superstars. The closest thing to a superstar in the East is...John Wall? Paul George? Nobody is leaving their city to play with those guys.

Building a weird narrative that players are running away from Lebron in the East is laughable when Golden State is clearly the biggest threat in the league.

GS... the biggest threat in the league.... was down 3-1 to OKC with Westbrook and Durant.

Perhaps I could have understood if the Dubs swept them.... but OKC had them on the ropes and just choked. He could have easily re-signed with the Thunder and still had a great shot at getting back to the Finals.

Even joining the Spurs wouldn't have been as bad as joining the team that just ripped your heart out.

And if you don't think that adding KD to the Wiz or Pacers would have made them MUCH more dangerous.... well.... guess you don't think as highly of KD as I thought.

AntiTroller
05-20-2017, 03:08 PM
You mean the guy who made one Finals appearance in 7 years, where he went on to get swept in embarrassing fashion and didn't have a winning record against teams over .500 in the playoffs until he joined his little super teams? Is that the guy you're referring to?

I lol'd.

Isn't he the same guy that also got his chit pushed in by a 50 year old Jason Terry in 2011, or is that another bald team hopping bitch I'm thinking of?

I'm genuinely embarrassed knowing that you guys log on every day to post these things.

Spill512
05-20-2017, 03:25 PM
GS... the biggest threat in the league.... was down 3-1 to OKC with Westbrook and Durant.

Perhaps I could have understood if the Dubs swept them.... but OKC had them on the ropes and just choked. He could have easily re-signed with the Thunder and still had a great shot at getting back to the Finals.

Even joining the Spurs wouldn't have been as bad as joining the team that just ripped your heart out.

And if you don't think that adding KD to the Wiz or Pacers would have made them MUCH more dangerous.... well.... guess you don't think as highly of KD as I thought.

So they're not the biggest threat in the league?

Who do you have as the favorite in the finals?

Belome
05-20-2017, 05:08 PM

I lol'd.

Damn near describes the GOAT...

Only he got swept in the first round instead of the finals.

Why do you try so hard to discredit the future GOAT? Just accept and appreciate his game.

nvrstopworking
05-20-2017, 06:18 PM
So they're not the biggest threat in the league?

Who do you have as the favorite in the finals?

This year? For sure they are.

LAST year? Even though they won 73 games I still thought that OKC and SAS could have potentially beaten them.

OKC was close last year. Extremely close. With a few tweaks they could have been favourites again along with the Spurs, Dubs and Cavs.

mvpshaq32
05-20-2017, 06:38 PM
lol people legit don't use their heads to think things through before they post

why would talent from the West leave to join AWFUL teams in the East? It's literally in your title. And then you have to go through Lebron hopping from one player's team to another that has two other All-Stars.

LeonardShelby
05-20-2017, 08:16 PM

Yeah I'm sure Durant wanted to team up with Scottie Brooks again...Strong everything.

Godyssey
05-20-2017, 08:22 PM
which team would they join in the east? durant went to the warriors because of the talent there already.

If Durant went to Miami and they scooped up Paul George this off season they would be a top threat in the east.

semi srs, full homer

thehypocrit
05-21-2017, 12:29 AM
This year? For sure they are.

LAST year? Even though they won 73 games I still thought that OKC and SAS could have potentially beaten them.

OKC was close last year. Extremely close. With a few tweaks they could have been favourites again along with the Spurs, Dubs and Cavs.

lol stfu man

nobody ever thought that

this guy talking **** after knowing that OKC were up 3-1 **** me

jbball92
05-21-2017, 12:33 AM
Because the east plays defense. Most of the low is retards in the west can't understand simple defensive concepts so they just run up and down the court like autists

MattCorley
05-21-2017, 03:18 AM
Cause they're either staying with their team for money or leaving for a superteam. You aren't making any superteam in the east cause all the teams are trash.

haha fair enough

GotNext
05-21-2017, 05:18 AM
Because the east plays defense. Most of the low is retards in the west can't understand simple defensive concepts so they just run up and down the court like autists

Three best defensive teams are in the west. You continue to post the dumbest chit.

mdiggitydawg
05-21-2017, 08:14 AM
Fuking morons in this thread. Look at the records every year. Every gotdamn year the West chits all over the East. A 2nd seed in the East would be a 5th seed in the West pretty much every year. The West is better because it beats the East. It's literally as simple as that you simpletons.

jbball92
05-21-2017, 08:49 AM
Three best defensive teams are in the west. You continue to post the dumbest chit.maybe if you're autistic and a box score watcher

CyberSheriff
05-21-2017, 10:33 AM
You mean the guy who couldn't get out of the first round and anytime he made the playoffs went on to get swept in embarrassing fashion and didn't have a winning record against teams over .500 in the playoffs until they drafted Pippen creating his little super team? Is that the guy you're referring to?

What a nice description of your idol brah.

IsLifeRealLife
05-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Take a look at Paul George. Dude's already planning his exit to the west because of all the cucking Lebron has done to him.

Its not Lebron's fault he plays in the "weaker" conference when all the stars leave because they can't compete against him.

thehypocrit
05-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Take a look at Paul George. Dude's already planning his exit to the west because of all the cucking Lebron has done to him.

Its not Lebron's fault he plays in the "weaker" conference when all the stars leave because they can't compete against him.

He is leaving because his 2nd best player is Lance Stephenson

IsLifeRealLife
05-21-2017, 11:20 AM
He is leaving because his 2nd best player is Lance Stephenson

Uhh he doesn't have to go to the Lakers? He could go to the Wizards, Celtics or even the up and coming Bucks team.

CyberSheriff
05-21-2017, 11:26 AM
Uhh he doesn't have to go to the Lakers? He could go to the Wizards, Celtics or even the up and coming Bucks team.

You are forgetting that he's from the LA area and living in LA is great when you have a lot of money. I agree with the idea that Lebron has definitely had a part in shaping the East but don't know that it's playing a big part in George's decision.

GotNext
05-21-2017, 11:39 AM
maybe if you're autistic and a box score watcher

Ok, ...

1. Who plays better defense than the Spurs, GSW and Jazz in the East?
2. What teams and conference do the DPOY candidates belong to?

A hint (since you are obviously some casual):

https://i.imgur.com/5hsfi3V.png

Defensive rating:

https://i.imgur.com/PE0bTa0.png

Same top3 with adjusted DRtg for opponents strength.

ItsWhatIDo
05-21-2017, 05:33 PM

I remember when a Durant was drafted by the Warriors like it was yesterday

jbball92
05-21-2017, 09:43 PM
Ok, ...

1. Who plays better defense than the Spurs, GSW and Jazz in the East?
2. What teams and conference do the DPOY candidates belong to?

A hint (since you are obviously some casual):

https://i.imgur.com/5hsfi3V.png

Defensive rating:

https://i.imgur.com/PE0bTa0.png

Same top3 with adjusted DRtg for opponents strength.keep coping and watching boxscores to cover your autism, boy. I'm sure you'll have some edgy comment after you read a blog about basketball tomorrow supporting what you think is a smart idea