PDA

View Full Version : Is my diet deficient in anything? Getting vitamins and minerals without supps?

periphery831
05-19-2017, 11:23 AM
33 years old, 6ft, 84kg. Looking to make clean gains.

Was thinking of getting a multivitamin or perhaps just a ZMA but would rather do it through diet.

Is my diet good to go or are there any issues you guys see?

dashdash89
05-19-2017, 11:59 AM
You could fill out some days in cronometer.com/#diary or https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/foodtracker.aspx to get a more comprehensive look at your diet

dipatel13
05-19-2017, 12:17 PM
fat intake is a bit low, need .4g/lb minimum.
Are you taking 4 scoops of pea protein? A bit excessive and costly. You should eat more real foods instead.

periphery831
05-19-2017, 12:32 PM
0.4 minimum? I've been reading 0.25 on this site.

Currently at 185lbs, so 0.25 is 46.25g. Fat currently at 53g...

Should I take another tablespoon of peanut butter a day?

4 scoops when training twice a day, 3 for once a day.

I've actually found pea/rice protein have great aminos when used together and crazy cheap.

I can get either pea/rice protein isolate (unflavoured) 2lbs for just under 20USD plus it doesn't mess up my digestion (lactose intolerant even on whey isolate, tried Dymatize, BPI, ON) and no acne due to IGF-1 and insulin spikes.

I'll try incorporating tuna/sardines instead of a shake.

Cheers bud, appreciate the feedback.

dipatel13
05-19-2017, 12:41 PM
0.4 minimum? I've been reading 0.25 on this site.

Currently at 185lbs, so 0.25 is 46.25g. Fat currently at 53g...

Should I take another tablespoon of peanut butter a day?

4 scoops when training twice a day, 3 for once a day.

I've actually found pea/rice protein have great aminos when used together and crazy cheap.

I can get either pea/rice protein isolate (unflavoured) 2lbs for just under 20USD plus it doesn't mess up my digestion (lactose intolerant even on whey isolate, tried Dymatize, BPI, ON) and no acne due to IGF-1 and insulin spikes.

I'll try incorporating tuna/sardines instead of a shake.

Cheers bud, appreciate the feedback.

Studies show .4g/lb is a safe minimum, not sure where you read .25g/lb. If it was a random article, I wouldn't trust it.

Don't eat too much tuna weekly due to the mercury content. Find other meats you like.

periphery831
05-19-2017, 01:33 PM
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I'll increase my fat intake to at least 0.4g with a few more spoons of peanut butter. :)

Yeah, i'll keep tuna at a minimum. Thank you so much.