PDA

View Full Version : Body won't keep weight off

PlaineJane
05-18-2017, 07:00 PM
I'm 25, female 5'6, I weigh between 150-160 pounds don't know the exact weight; the scale is inconsistent. I'm slim built or whatever. Never been fat but I gained weight and don't like the way my body look.

Anyhow, off and on I go through this cycle with my body. I cut my calorie intake, won't say I've been eating clean, but I stayed away from soda, junk food and maybe I'll eat Popeye's chicken every blue moon or something, jimmy johns, subway and etc. I stay away from mickey Ds. However with this plan and eating, I'll lose inches more so than weight, my body gets flat, I see my waist getting small, I start having some intense bowel movements (soft). My body thins out and I start to like my body. Then, while still eating the same way, not clean but cutting calories, staying on my feet all say at work, moving around, sweating and etc. I may sneak a junk food into my diet but I still stay below or within my calorie budget and don't splurge or binge. Cause my body isn't always hungry at thus point. However, this only lasts for about 3 weeks out the month, and then the weight come back, the rolls on my back start bulging again, my inner thigh fat comes back, waist gets back fat, my collar bone slightly goes away day by day and my double chin comes back...and in the mist of thus happening ; my appetite is crazy I become hungry, I become in need of junk food, and come in from work knocking down babies just to get to the refrigerator, I mean I heated up some spaghetti in the microwave and was pacing in the kitchen impatiently waiting for it to heat up. Lol i'm like wth am i doing wrong for my body to keep going thru this cycle?I'm now back to cutting calories, can't afford a clean diet (or just don't know what to buy and how to shop). Therefore, right now I am cutting calories, I'll lose weight but no matter what it will always come back even with cutting calories

Tips and advice please. Any meal plans for a person on a budget?

ErikTheElectric
05-18-2017, 07:37 PM
I'm 25, female 5'6, I weigh between 150-160 pounds don't know the exact weight; the scale is inconsistent. I'm slim built or whatever. Never been fat but I gained weight and don't like the way my body look.

Anyhow, off and on I go through this cycle with my body. I cut my calorie intake, won't say I've been eating clean, but I stayed away from soda, junk food and maybe I'll eat Popeye's chicken every blue moon or something, jimmy johns, subway and etc. I stay away from mickey Ds. However with this plan and eating, I'll lose inches more so than weight, my body gets flat, I see my waist getting small, I start having some intense bowel movements (soft). My body thins out and I start to like my body. Then, while still eating the same way, not clean but cutting calories, staying on my feet all say at work, moving around, sweating and etc. I may sneak a junk food into my diet but I still stay below or within my calorie budget and don't splurge or binge. Cause my body isn't always hungry at thus point. However, this only lasts for about 3 weeks out the month, and then the weight come back, the rolls on my back start bulging again, my inner thigh fat comes back, waist gets back fat, my collar bone slightly goes away day by day and my double chin comes back...and in the mist of thus happening ; my appetite is crazy I become hungry, I become in need of junk food, and come in from work knocking down babies just to get to the refrigerator, I mean I heated up some spaghetti in the microwave and was pacing in the kitchen impatiently waiting for it to heat up. Lol i'm like wth am i doing wrong for my body to keep going thru this cycle?I'm now back to cutting calories, can't afford a clean diet (or just don't know what to buy and how to shop). Therefore, right now I am cutting calories, I'll lose weight but no matter what it will always come back even with cutting calories

Tips and advice please. Any meal plans for a person on a budget?

1. The scale is "inconsistent" for everyone. Don't use it as a main indicator of progression.
2. The food(s) you do or don't consume do not make you inherently gain fat, your overall caloric intake does.
3. You need to find a diet that you can adhere too, that has you eating the foods you ENJOY that is sustainable.

dipatel13
05-18-2017, 07:37 PM
Don't stress over "clean eating" as it's a myth. You can fit in "junk"/more processed food as long as you hit your macros/micros and calories. When doing this, make sure you're making sustainable changes to your diet. Don't just cut out all foods you like as this can lead to cravings or binging. Don't be so restrictive with your calories. If you're active at works for several hours each day, your TDEE will be higher.

Read the stickies for more info about sorting out your diet.