PDA

View Full Version : Best way to gain weight with diet?

LinkMoto
05-11-2017, 07:29 PM
In terms of what foods/drinks to consume? And how much to eat in a day and how many times/day? Thanks!

mrbiceps21
05-11-2017, 07:40 PM
How much you need to eat depends on your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). Depending on a number of factors, your going to have to consume a certain amount of calories each day in order to gain weight. It doesn't matter how many times you eat in a day so long as you hit the amount of calories that you need to gain weight. So lets say that your TDEE was 3000 calories for example. So to put on weight you're gonna want to eat 500 calories over, so 3500 a day. You could eat 2000 calories one meal and then 1500 the next and already be at 3500 calories. Most people like to split up their meals so they don't have to eat an inhumane amount of food in a single sitting. It doesn't really matter the types of food or drinks that you're consuming so long as you hit all of your macros(protein, carbs, fats). Do some research into IFFYM. A good place to start is figuring out your TDEE using the calculator on IIFYM.com

LinkMoto
05-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Thanks! I've checked it out and my TDEE is around 1928, so that's a good starting point to keep in mind!

ErikTheElectric
05-11-2017, 08:09 PM
1. Cereal
2. Peanut Butter
3. ^ Consume all three WHILE reading the stickied threads.
4. Stop expecting people to spoon feed you with information.

LinkMoto
05-11-2017, 11:49 PM
1. Cereal
2. Peanut Butter
3. ^ Consume all three WHILE reading the stickied threads.
4. Stop expecting people to spoon feed you with information.

I'm used to people spoon feeding me with info though :(

But thanks for the two things to suggest consuming! That was a good suggestion from your post.