PDA

View Full Version : Average lean muscule mass gain per month?

handballplayer
04-24-2017, 05:17 AM
I have been going to the gym for a while now. Watching my intake abit and recording my lifts and bodystats.

I know how much lean muscule mass i gain now on average per month ...

The question is ...
What do you consider a good(/average) gain of lean muscule mass per month?

I just want an average to compare to my gain to see if i am doing good or not .. to get an idea.

My goal is not to get huge or anything but seeing some results is always nice! (Now it got me wondering if i could advance way more or if i am doing ok)

Thanks for any input!

MmmWatermelon
04-24-2017, 05:30 AM
A weight gain of 1lb per week is going to be ideal for a leaner look whilst bulking. There's going to be a small amount of fat gained during a bulk, would be very hard to avoid but it's necessary to grow. If ur gaining over 3 lbs a week then decrease your calorie surplus. Some people see a larger gain the first couple weeks due to water retention or having more food in the GI tract

chamelious
04-24-2017, 06:35 AM

FYI, no you don't.

There isn't really any way for an average person to know this without a ridiculous margin of error.

CRAesthetics93
04-24-2017, 06:49 AM
Anything above about 2lbs per week will result in overly excessive fat gain.

gbullock32
04-24-2017, 06:58 AM
Anything above about 2lbs per week will result in overly excessive fat gain....Dude, for most people anything over 2 pounds per MONTH is unnecessary fat.

juggernaut74ia
04-24-2017, 07:17 AM
A weight gain of 1lb per week is going to be ideal for a leaner look whilst bulking.

Anything above about 2lbs per week will result in overly excessive fat gain.

LOL wat?

No...2-3 lbs per MONTH would be what I would call "good" progress for a beginner. And as you progess into an intermediate and advanced stage, expect no more than 1-2 lbs per month.

Mrpb
04-24-2017, 08:06 AM
I have been going to the gym for a while now. Watching my intake abit and recording my lifts and bodystats.

The question is ...
What do you consider a good(/average) gain of lean muscule mass per month?

I just want an average to compare to my gain to see if i am doing good or not .. to get an idea.

My goal is not to get huge or anything but seeing some results is always nice! (Now it got me wondering if i could advance way more or if i am doing ok)

Thanks for any input!

An average male in his first year should be able to gain ~2 pounds per month. See: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html/

A weight gain of 1lb per week is going to be ideal for a leaner look whilst bulking.

At that rate you can expect at least half of your gains to be fat.

MmmWatermelon
04-24-2017, 10:26 AM
I stand corrected. Listen to Mrpb and juggernaut