PDA

View Full Version : Skinny Fat and 13 years old

Skinnyfat22
04-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Hello! So all my life I have been very skinny and had literally no concerns about weight, In-fact if anything I wanted to gain. I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and I never really gained weight from it. Recently over the 2016 summer I went on vacation with my family for a month. During this time I ate much worse than I do usually and very minimal physical activity much less than what I was used to. I never noticed a change until I returned home and started walking around my home with my shirt off. A HUGE difference was noticeable but I thought maybe it was always there and it would go away eventually. Then on the same day I sat with my shirt off. I literally looked like I was made of dough, and for the first time in my life i could grab at my lower gut and hold the fat in my hand. That's when I knew there was no way I was like this before and I probably let myself go. I never really made an initiative to change it until now as I thought I would just give it time to go away or something. Since then I have developed horizontal lines across my stomach from sitting and the rolls, I realize this is obviously what comes with the fat after googling it.

So my question now is what kind of exercises should I do to build muscle as at this point I am sure cutting is NOT what I am supposed to do. As of today i have started planking for minute intervals and situps. I know diet would also be a place to change, but I do not really know what to do in that area. I know processed foods are a nono now. Any suggestions? Protein intense foods? Just to add on none of this can be seen with my shirt on, not THAT big
height: 5'3
weight: 87 pounds

Thanks for responses in advance!

Partyrocking
04-21-2017, 06:32 PM
You're borderline underweight. Forget about avoiding foods, eat more, and stop being a couch potato. Find an activity you enjoy that gets you on your feet.

Skinny fat is just an overused term to describe untrained. Why would you be fit when you don't do anything all day?

Skinnyfat22
04-21-2017, 06:50 PM
You're borderline underweight. Forget about avoiding foods, eat more, and stop being a couch potato. Find an activity you enjoy that gets you on your feet.

Skinny fat is just an overused term to describe untrained. Why would you be fit when you don't do anything all day?

I am active, I play soccer. I am sure eating more while doing a sport like soccer with cardio would make my problem worse unless I am just gathering false information. Just going off what I read from lurking on here, which would be to build with exercise. Correct me if I got something wrong really new to this.

NoCarbsNoSugar
04-21-2017, 07:16 PM
Am I reading this right?
You are 13?

I would suggest you talk to your parents or a school counselor about this type of issue.
Aside from that, I would advise you to eat a healthy and wholesome diet, and play lots of sports.

Best of luck to you.

Skinnyfat22
04-21-2017, 07:39 PM
Am I reading this right?
You are 13?

I would suggest you talk to your parents or a school counselor about this type of issue.
Aside from that, I would advise you to eat a healthy and wholesome diet, and play lots of sports.

Best of luck to you.

That is kind of the problem, rest of my body gets slimmer when doing excessive sports but literally no change at all in body fat. Leaving me skinny but with no change to stomach. I googled this and came up with responses about skinny fat and most effective way to get rid of this would be adding muscle?