PDA

View Full Version : Does this look like a nutritious breakfast prior to workout?

DylanW97
04-16-2017, 05:28 PM
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me if the following is a good breakfast prior to a workout. After I've eaten it, I wait an hour then go swimming for an hour. I'm trying to balance my breakfast for the best results during my workout. I'm 19 years old, male, I'm 5ft 7" tall and my current weight is approx 70kg.

I have a tuna salad for my breakfast. I drink a smoothie with it , which contains whole fat milk, strawberries and a banana.

70g of carbs (mostly from fruit smoothie) (50% of my intake)

30g of fat (2 medium eggs) (plus from milk for smoothie) (35% of my intake)

30g of protein (mostly from tuna & eggs) (60% of my intake)

394 Calories

I've read research & it shows glycogen is the stored carbohydrate that your body uses as its preferred fuel source during exercise. And also to include fat and protein because this may direct your body to store fat for energy during your workout and prevent muscle loss.

also I've read that at least 25g of protein for breakfast results in burning more calories during workout?

How does this look, guys? Thanks

ErikTheElectric
04-16-2017, 08:02 PM
I've read research & it shows glycogen is the stored carbohydrate that your body uses as its preferred fuel source during exercise. And also to include fat and protein because this may direct your body to store fat for energy during your workout and prevent muscle loss.

also I've read that at least 25g of protein for breakfast results in burning more calories during workout?

How does this look, guys? Thanks

Disregard everything you've read (and heard) you're overthinking/overanalyzing ONE meal, when the body relies on MUCH more than just one meal for it's energy.

Eat it and move on.

desslok
04-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Honestly, if i were forced to eat tuna in the morning i would probably puke. If i were forced to have milk and tuna in the morning I would puke twice.

But it doesn't really matter what would happen to me, as this question is around how it will affect YOUR performance. And you are the only one that can answer that. Just have to experiment with different foods and timinga etc to see what works best to for YOU to perform at YOUR best.

DylanW97
04-17-2017, 06:10 AM
Disregard everything you've read (and heard) you're overthinking/overanalyzing ONE meal, when the body relies on MUCH more than just one meal for it's energy.

Eat it and move on.

Why would I disregard everything I've read and heard? I've not spoken to anyone nor heard anything. My research isn't based on peoples opinions , it's based on studies. But then again, I'm not too sure how reliable the research is.

This meal is just my breakfast, I obviously I have lunch and dinner. I'm just needing advice wheather or not I'm eating too much carbs or fat or protein for breakfast prior to my workout.

DylanW97
04-17-2017, 06:14 AM
Honestly, if i were forced to eat tuna in the morning i would probably puke. If i were forced to have milk and tuna in the morning I would puke twice.

But it doesn't really matter what would happen to me, as this question is around how it will affect YOUR performance. And you are the only one that can answer that. Just have to experiment with different foods and timinga etc to see what works best to for YOU to perform at YOUR best.

I think I would be sick if I had milk and tuna together. Sorry for my vague list. The milk goes in the smoothie, I eat what's onn my plate first then drink the smoothie.

All I'm wondering is if this is a good balanced intake? I'm eating 60% of my carbs for breakfast, is 40% enough for the rest of the day?

JonBana
04-17-2017, 07:06 AM
what they are trying to say is don't worry about one single meal or this or that in the long run it wont make a difference most people here train fasted I cannot train with food sitting in my belly at all ,

one meal before you workout will not make or break your fat lost muscle gains or performance , its all in the mind ,

if this meal works for you stay with it theres not right or wrong answer to this

Jammer02xd
04-17-2017, 08:28 AM
One meal is not that big a deal. Just eat what you want before breakfast than go lift.