PDA

View Full Version : Does saunas make you hold more water?

TinosGiou
04-06-2017, 09:13 AM
So recently I've started showering after my workouts (trying to get rid of backnee) and I also picked up sauna. I've heard it's great for your pores and I've also heard it helps with losing water weight and healthier hair and flush out toxins. So what I do is that I bring my water bottle and drink 2 liters. This helps with flushing out the sodium and I know that for a fact. After my sauna session (25 min) I'm able to see a vein on my ab and veins on my shoulders and chest. So obviously I'm holding a lot of water. I drink around 1-2 gallons everyday. (I've gone to the sauna for 3 days. Today my abs where gone completely from very visible)

So my questions are:
Will your body flush out more water if you drink 2 gallons vs 1? (Wondering)
Is saunas a temporary water retention fix or will you hold more water because you're sweating so much?

Heisman2
04-06-2017, 10:26 AM
I'm not even sure where to begin with this. To answer your questions:

1. If you drink excess water your body will urinate out the excess. Some people will water load and then stop drinking to lose a lot of water weight; this can work but while you are continually drinking 2 gallons a day you will not lose any excess water.

2. When you sweat you lose water by definition. However, sweat is typically hypotonic, so you may become hypernatremic and thus you'll replenish the water right away as you drink more.

juggernaut74ia
04-06-2017, 11:16 AM
flush out toxins

If you believe this, then there's no point in trying to reason with you.