PDA

View Full Version : Scared of healthy Fats?

Philjordan
04-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Hello, I'm Scared of eating more than 10-15 gram of fat a day, while my needed daily intake is 60-65, Since im trying to burn fat/ lose weight, I'm thinking eating more 10-15 grams of fats will affect my weight loss and fat burning?

juggernaut74ia
04-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Hello, I'm Scared of eating more than 10-15 gram of fat a day, while my needed daily intake is 60-65, Since im trying to burn fat/ lose weight, I'm thinking eating more 10-15 grams of fats will affect my weight loss and fat burning?

See an in-person counselor to discuss being "scared" of foods.

Dietary fat intake doesn't (directly) affect body fat.

TheFuarkingBoss
04-03-2017, 09:47 AM
I've eaten 150 grams of fat for about 4 years

Connor1226
04-03-2017, 11:12 AM
The only unhealthy fats are industrial trans fats. All other fats are healthy fats.

You NEED fat to make adequate hormones and produce cholesterol for you nerve/brain cells.

You should fear not getting enough fat.

Fat does not make you fat. If you want to put an emphasis on a macronutirent that makes you fat it's carbs.

Read the stickies and get a good sense of overall nutrition. Eat in such a way that is in line with your goals. No singular macronutrient is "bad" or should be avoided for fat loss.

okayest
04-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Keep calories the same. Keep protein the same. Swap 115g of carbs for 50g of fat. See what happens.

How many calories are you eating anyway? If you are scared of calories and scared of carbs then the above probably wouldn't be possible.

juggernaut74ia
04-03-2017, 11:18 AM
If you want to put an emphasis on a macronutirent that makes you fat it's carbs.

I agree with most of your post, but this is nonsense

Oatmealman99
04-03-2017, 11:29 AM
I agree with most of your post, but this is nonsense500 to 600g a day crew checking in, definitely not fat, just somewhat bloated.

Connor1226
04-03-2017, 12:13 PM

When it comes to cellular metabolism, utilizing fats as an energy source is less effecient than the utilizing carbohydrates and an energy source. Simple biochemistry.

The OP was purpetuating the myth that eating fat makes you fat. Not true.

If anyone wanted to twist and turn the science to deamonize a macro then you could make that argument with carbs.

I was in no way saying carbs are bad or saying regardless of caloric intake v TDEE carbs will make you fat.

juggernaut74ia
04-03-2017, 01:12 PM
If anyone wanted to twist and turn the science to deamonize a macro then you could make that argument with carbs.

You can...but you'd still be wrong in the big picture.

If you're taking in too many calories - regardless of the macro source, you'll gain weight. If you eat below maintenance, regardless of macro source, you'll lose weight. All this hooey about what the body uses as an energy source is completely secondary to an overall calorie surplus or deficit.

Again - I agree with your comment about OP's false demonization of fats...I said the same thing in my very first response to this thread. But you're making the same false comparison with carbs. Excess carbs don't make you fat. Period.

desslok
04-03-2017, 05:31 PM
You should be more scared of causing metabolic/hormone problems by not eating enough fat! But hey, what do i know...

gbullock32
04-03-2017, 07:36 PM
You should be more scared of causing metabolic/hormone problems by not eating enough fat! But hey, what do i know...This. Good bye sex drive/erection, health, mood will tank, sleep quality will be horrid....

Eat your fat.

ErikTheElectric
04-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Sounds like some tell tale signs of an eating disorder OP.

If you're literally SCARED of a certain macronutrient or foods containing that macronutrient, you may need to seek psychological help.

Koume
04-08-2017, 03:28 AM
the only healthy fats you need to survive are omega-3 and omega-6.

I too hate fat and only worry about getting enough omega3/6, everything else is excess

gbullock32
04-08-2017, 03:30 AM

I too hate fat and only worry about getting enough omega3/6, everything else is excessNot if you care about health/hormones.

Fat Needs (http://www.jissn.com/content/11/1/20)
Fat and Testosterone (http://www.anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/)

SuffolkPunch
04-08-2017, 05:32 AM

I too hate fat and only worry about getting enough omega3/6, everything else is excess
Fat is a legitimate source of energy. Always trying to minimise it is misguided and (at best) will make your meal planning harder. At worst, you get the hormone related problems already alluded to above.

Mrpb
04-08-2017, 06:07 AM

This ^.