PDA

View Full Version : Trump Sets Sights On Net Neutrality Rules. Goodbye freedom of inormation

HELIX35
04-01-2017, 09:39 PM
"Next up on President Donald Trump's to-do list? Unraveling Obama-era net neutrality rules, the president's spokesman Sean Spicer said late this week."

Spicy quote for the inevitable cowards that will stick their fingers in their ears and scream "fake news"

http://fortune.com/2017/04/01/trump-net-neutrality/

OPGenesis
04-01-2017, 09:42 PM
"Next up on President Donald Trump's to-do list? Unraveling Obama-era net neutrality rules, the president's spokesman Sean Spicer said late this week."

Spicy quote for the inevitable cowards that will stick their fingers in their ears and scream "fake news"

http://fortune.com/2017/04/01/trump-net-neutrality/

I thought he was repealing consumer privacy regulations?

HELIX35
04-01-2017, 10:02 PM
I thought he was repealing consumer privacy regulations?

That too, if you're referring to the bill that allows the sale of our internet activity that he will rubberstamp

OPGenesis
04-01-2017, 10:06 PM
That too, if you're referring to the bill that allows the sale of our internet activity that he will rubberstamp

From what I read he is transferring power from the FCC back to the FTC.

I'll have to read through the article you posted to understand why he wants to take away net neutrality.

HELIX35
04-01-2017, 10:11 PM
From what I read he is transferring power from the FCC back to the FTC.

I'll have to read through the article you posted to understand why he wants to take away net neutrality.

He intends to remove NN entirely

There is no "why" that he's ever specified beyond "obama enacted it so it's bad"

OneWayFS
04-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Trump in 2014: "Obama’s attack on the internet is another top down power grab. Net neutrality is the Fairness Doctrine. Will target conservative media."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/532608358508167168

This is the most autistic **** I've ever seen in my life. Repealing net neutrality doesn't help anyone besides corporations. It has nothing to do with handing oversight from the FCC to the FTC or any of that bullchit. This is purely lobbying and giving the ISPs the chance to profit even more from their users.

You guys are gonna be mirin soon when you have to pay an extra $10-$20+ a month to access the bb.com forums, or get the "Reader Special" addon package for $35/mo just to access "alternative" websites like The Onion, Breitbart, FOX, Vid.me, etc.

FFS. These telecoms have the US by the throat its ridiculous that the people and the government get cucked hard by these ISPs 24/7.

The saddest part is that the ONLY thing stopping these actions from going through is that in this case the people also have big corporations on their side like Apple, Google, Facebook etc. to fight the ISPs for us.

OPGenesis
04-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Trump in 2014: "Obama’s attack on the internet is another top down power grab. Net neutrality is the Fairness Doctrine. Will target conservative media."

This is the most autistic **** I've ever seen in my life. Repealing net neutrality doesn't help anyone besides corporations. It has nothing to do with handing oversight from the FCC to the FTC or any of that bullchit. This is purely lobbying and giving the ISPs the chance to profit even more from their users.

You guys are gonna be mirin soon when you have to pay an extra $10-$20+ a month to access the bb.com forums, or get the "Reader Special" addon package for $35/mo just to access "alternative" websites like The Onion, Breitbart, FOX, Vid.me, etc.

FFS. These telecoms have the US by the throat its ridiculous that the people and the government get cucked hard by these ISPs 24/7.

The saddest part is that the ONLY thing stopping these actions from going through is that in this case the people also have big corporations on their side like Apple, Google, Facebook etc. to fight the ISPs for us.

I agree.

I referenced the FCC and FTC because they are oversight in regards to the bill to repeal consumer privacy.

HELIX35
04-01-2017, 10:26 PM

I have yet to meet a single person against net neutrality that can articulate what it is

Side note, trump cowards avoiding this information like the plague

Trapstar4.4
04-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Christ man WTF is he doing. He will continue to shave off his support with all the nonsense

We are going to see just how low that approval rating can go

IH8RICE
04-01-2017, 10:33 PM

This. Literally scratching my head on this one. I thought he said he was moving onto tax reform after losing out on the healthcare stuff?

OPGenesis
04-01-2017, 10:37 PM
This. Literally scratching my head on this one. I thought he said he was moving onto tax reform after losing out on the healthcare stuff?

They still haven't left healthcare lol. Healthcare was critical for tax reform.

miamiceo
04-01-2017, 10:38 PM
He's going scorched earth now before he gets impeached. Just hope his last move is not to start a war somewhere or have a nuke go off because "he's really good at war".

82BqNNa9BfI

OPGenesis
04-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Christ man WTF is he doing. He will continue to shave off his support with all the nonsense

We are going to see just how low that approval rating can go

Shaping up to go out like Jimmy Carter.

He still has time.

OPGenesis
04-01-2017, 10:39 PM
He's going scorched earth now before he gets impeached. Just hope his last move is not to start a war somewhere or have a nuke go off because "he's really good at war".

82BqNNa9BfI

Red.

Wonder why you haven't been banned yet.

IH8RICE
04-01-2017, 10:42 PM
They still haven't left healthcare lol. Healthcare was critical for tax reform.

Really starting to piss me off. I'm giving this guy a chance and he's making decisions like this. Smh...

tightteeshirt
04-01-2017, 10:57 PM
no idea what trump is doing these last 2 weeks. he's being so ****ing establishment- siding with paul ryan on the terrible healthcare bill, choosing to go forward with aiding Saudi Arabia in their war against Yemen, choosing to ease fighting restrictions in ****ing Somalia (a place we have no reason to be in at all), and now this net neutrality deal. all of that is neocon to the tee.

GhenghisPWN
04-01-2017, 11:16 PM
I almost hate Trumpers. Their blind adherence to him and belief if that they support this idiot no matter what means they'll "beat liberals" would make the founding fathers roll in their graves.

**** like this is indefensible and the fact you ****s can't criticize the dear leader makes me want to puke. Send the country down the river.

Can we work as a country and defend ourselves from corporate butt phucking or is that a liberal ideal you must oppose? If corporations must ass phuck us, can we atleast require they use American steel?

shortythree
04-01-2017, 11:29 PM
voted for the don to wreck feminists and shillary... but he's going full retard lately

Weightaholic
04-01-2017, 11:48 PM
Net neutrality is COMMUNIST!

sawoobley
04-02-2017, 12:18 AM
What everyone gets wrong in the debate over net neutrality - https://www.wired.com/2014/06/net_neutrality_missing/

Am I The Only Techie Against Net Neutrality? - https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshsteimle/2014/05/14/am-i-the-only-techie-against-net-neutrality/#35f3ff3e70d5

Atlas_Army
04-02-2017, 12:24 AM
What everyone gets wrong in the debate over net neutrality - https://www.wired.com/2014/06/net_neutrality_missing/

Am I The Only Techie Against Net Neutrality? - https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshsteimle/2014/05/14/am-i-the-only-techie-against-net-neutrality/#35f3ff3e70d5

""The problem is whether the ISPs will grow so large that they have undue control over the market for fast speeds"

That critical mass was collectively reached for most *consumers* about 10 years ago as well. The current state of the market means consumers frequently have no choice on where to get their high-speed connections from, let alone sufficient choice and contract mobility to determine which ISPs they want for which content.

I realize you are trying to look at this from the industry side, and noting that the market effects of "fast lanes" won't be much different than today from an industry/functionality perspective. But you raise a red herring. Net neutrality rules have nothing to do overcoming technical difficulties to make sure the monster content providers don't bottleneck. Fast lane rules are anticompetitive vertical integration any way you cut it because content-specific throttling at the consumer level by ISPs is the issue."

Atlas_Army
04-02-2017, 12:25 AM
"If Google, Akamai or whoever wants to pay Comcast/Verizon etc. for a peering agreement in order to provide a route with less hops or better QoS, thats perfectly fine, it is not fine however for Comcast to throttle or null route connections to say hulu.com at its border routers simply because they haven't decided to pay Comcast or because its customers prefer Hulu to whatever Comcast is offering.

IE. Customers paying for 10mbps internet access (or whatever), should be getting 10mbps access to the internet, not to a close approximation of the internet minus things deemed unsuitable by Comcast, and I don't believe anyone gets this incorrect.

The argument over the fast lane was specific to discrimination. It's quite obvious to anyone even prior to mentioning peering agreements that quality of service is going to be different between content providers. If I run a content provider, I do have a responsibility to choose decent servers, maintain them, ensure service agreements are up to standards, perhaps enable multi-honed internet access, perhaps use a CDN for localized delivery, hire competent network staff, etc. etc. There is already a "fast lane" in effect here as the more I spend (hopefully) the better quality my upstream connection will be, and the more people can access my content without worry. Nobody gets this wrong and to suggest that massive amounts of people do is incorrect. The argument is entirely over the ability for the ISP to throttle my data across their internet connections, because I haven't paid a fee, or because they disagree with my content.
"

HELIX35
04-02-2017, 08:44 AM

Typical blind obedience

Tha big kahoona
04-02-2017, 11:24 AM

Read the comments....Both articles are absolute garbage.

This is one of the most dangerous things that could happen. No botched healthcare plan (be it Obamacare or Trumpycare) comes anywhere close to this in magnitude. What would follow would be the greatest exercise in indoctrination, ever, and on several levels.

This should be a bipartisan fight.

BrocepCurls
04-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Seems like the guy has realised he's way in over his head and is doing everything possible to make sure he doesn't get re-elected. Words can't describe how moronic this is

GTS540
04-02-2017, 12:37 PM
he's way in over his head

Lets take a look at what he had to say about tariffs today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8bfJ5LXgAUk74_.jpg
https://www.ft.com/content/9ae777ea-17ac-11e7-a53d-df09f373be87

Over 60 million people voted for this man

BrocepCurls
04-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Lets take a look at what he had to say about tariffs today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8bfJ5LXgAUk74_.jpg
https://www.ft.com/content/9ae777ea-17ac-11e7-a53d-df09f373be87

Over 60 million people voted for this man

The terrifying thing is, for all the **** we give Trump supporters for being morons, there are obviously plenty of smart and educated people who voted for him and continue to defend him. But I cannot for the life of me comprehend how one of these people can look at a statement like that, uttered by the President of the most powerful nation in the world who they apparently support, and not think "Man, this guy really doesn't have a ****ing clue what he's talking about".

Are people's blind loyalties to politicians or their pride in not admitting they were wrong, so completely unshakable that they can seriously watch guy can come out with such meaningless verbal diarrhea and still have confidence in him as a leader? Yeeeeeeesh

OneWayFS
04-02-2017, 02:56 PM
The real issue is why the f**k is he focusing on net neutrality when there are more important issues to deal with?

Letting the NN rules stay in place doesn't hurt anyone. It just removes an avenue for ISPs to make more money / exploit privacy or w/e.

Removing them only has negatives for people.

Yet even with this net neutrality on the grand scale really is not and should not be a hot button issue. Yet he's making it one (and not just him, this happened during the previous administration too).

This is being made to be as big of a deal as healthcare.

But funny enough, net neutrality and healthcare are the two issues that American citizens would directly feel if there was negative legislative action taken.

Mr Beer
04-02-2017, 03:35 PM
no idea what trump is doing these last 2 weeks. he's being so ****ing establishment- siding with paul ryan on the terrible healthcare bill, choosing to go forward with aiding Saudi Arabia in their war against Yemen, choosing to ease fighting restrictions in ****ing Somalia (a place we have no reason to be in at all), and now this net neutrality deal. all of that is neocon to the tee.

LOL

Wait, an old wealthy businessman inclines to the establishment? Say it ain't so!

Next you'll be telling me a 20 year old lesbian votes Democrat and is pro-gay marriage.

HELIX35
04-02-2017, 03:38 PM
The real issue is why the f**k is he focusing on net neutrality when there are more important issues to deal with?

Letting the NN rules stay in place doesn't hurt anyone. It just removes an avenue for ISPs to make more money / exploit privacy or w/e.

Removing them only has negatives for people.

Yet even with this net neutrality on the grand scale really is not and should not be a hot button issue. Yet he's making it one (and not just him, this happened during the previous administration too).

This is being made to be as big of a deal as healthcare.

But funny enough, net neutrality and healthcare are the two issues that American citizens would directly feel if there was negative legislative action taken.

"It just removes an avenue for ISPs to make more money / exploit privacy or w/e."

That's just scratching the surface, it opens the door for total censorship and control of information. For example, if the ceo of comcast decided he wanted Candidate A to win the next election, he could make it so Candidate B was completely blocked to every single person that uses comcast. He could pick and choose what the subscribers see.

Right now we have access to 100% of information. Soon we won't. It's genuinely scary the doors that removing NN opens.

RougeProdigy
04-02-2017, 03:39 PM
So glad I moved to Canada. Lmao I don't know how you guys put up with Republicans.

muzikslasher
04-02-2017, 07:25 PM
So glad I moved to Canada. Lmao I don't know how you guys put up with Republicans.

Aesthetical
04-03-2017, 05:34 AM
This thread is missing something:

The trumper circle jerk

Where are they LMFAO

PlanoLifter
04-03-2017, 05:39 AM
This thread is missing something:

The trumper circle jerk

Where are they LMFAO

I've noticed that day after day, after Trump does and says things that are unbelievably more stupid that what he's said and done before, there are fewer Trump circle jerks here. It's almost as if more and more people are seeing just how unsuited for the Presidency Trump really is.

JoshSP1985
04-03-2017, 06:06 AM
I've noticed that day after day, after Trump does and says things that are unbelievably more stupid that what he's said and done before, there are fewer Trump circle jerks here. It's almost as if more and more people are seeing just how unsuited for the Presidency Trump really is.

Nobody is saying Trump is perfect or even remotely close to it. However nothing was more important than keeping HRC out of the White House. Trumps SC picks will be more important than anything he does/doesn't accomplished during his presidency.

PlanoLifter
04-03-2017, 06:40 AM
No body is saying Trump is perfect or even remotely close to it. However nothing was more important than keeping HRC out of the White House. Trumps SC picks will be more important than anything he does/doesn't accomplished during his presidency.

I completely agree with your last sentence. But any Republican president would have been good in this regard.

I mostly agree with your first sentence. There are people, however, who simply can't see that Trump can be anything but a perfect God Emperor. These are the ones who usually circle jerk in honor of their master. And these people are becoming fewer and fewer as they realize what a buffoon Trump is.

BrocepCurls
04-03-2017, 07:50 AM
No body is saying Trump is perfect or even remotely close to it. However nothing was more important than keeping HRC out of the White House. Trumps SC picks will be more important than anything he does/doesn't accomplished during his presidency.

Trump proves your statement to be further and further from the truth every single day. When he got into office, I could have got behind the idea that he may have been the lesser of two evils, and so could much of the country.

As time has progressed, that is just ceasing to be the case. HRC would have just been Obama 2.0, and while that would have been far from ideal, it wouldn't leave Americans contending with the astronomical level of bull**** that the Trump admin has managed to concoct in just a few months, which just seems to get worse every week, and alienates people on both sides of the political spectrum. People seem to be realising this, which is why his approval ratings are in the toilet.

We'll have to wait another year at least to make a better judgement, but the start to his presidency has been awful.

AreolaBorealis
04-03-2017, 08:16 AM
i do not agree with our Trump's position on this topic. but our president needs a win right now so i'll bite on the bullet and accept this if it get's his confidence back up.

lsiberian
04-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Trump isn't doing well IMO. He needs to get health care reformed.

Trapstar4.4
04-03-2017, 09:11 AM
when the consensus is that the president "needs a win" then it's safe to say that the presidency is going terribly.

he could turn it around, but he is making it harder for himself with his actions. dude has to learn quickly how to not help sink the congress boat or he will continue to accomplish nothing substantial

JoshSP1985
04-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Trump proves your statement to be further and further from the truth every single day. When he got into office, I could have got behind the idea that he may have been the lesser of two evils, and so could much of the country.

As time has progressed, that is just ceasing to be the case. HRC would have just been Obama 2.0, and while that would have been far from ideal, it wouldn't leave Americans contending with the astronomical level of bull**** that the Trump admin has managed to concoct in just a few months, which just seems to get worse every week, and alienates people on both sides of the political spectrum. People seem to be realising this, which is why his approval ratings are in the toilet.

We'll have to wait another year at least to make a better judgement, but the start to his presidency has been awful.

We'll see. There are a lot cultural things that are impacted as well as far as leftist degeneracy being center stage. Like you said though too early to tell. The 1 Yr mark will probably give us a good idea of what the expect for the remainder.

JoshSP1985
04-03-2017, 09:21 AM
There are people, however, who simply can't see that Trump can be anything but a perfect God Emperor.

I could be wrong but I see this is primarily trolling to trigger people.

Aesthetical
04-03-2017, 09:51 AM
i do not agree with our Trump's position on this topic. but our president needs a win right now so i'll bite on the bullet and accept this if it get's his confidence back up.

Everything thats wrong with politics in one post.

Motion to strip voting rights.

Jax05
04-03-2017, 10:02 AM
You guys are gonna be mirin soon when you have to pay an extra $10-$20+ a month to access the bb.com forums,

Does that include Platinum members? Or will our Platinum fee cover that?

illriginalized
04-03-2017, 10:15 AM
This is Trump's mentality:

JcmiHx5Yf2I

This guy is a slime ball POS.

Contribution05
04-03-2017, 11:33 AM
This is Trump's mentality:

JcmiHx5Yf2I

This guy is a slime ball POS.

Wow, that is so cringe worthy listening to him talk. "We have to MAYBE do something about the internet!" How can you have to maybe something? Sad part is this isn't just one bad snippet from a speech. He has time and time again spoken like a true buffoon.

C Project
04-04-2017, 05:40 AM
And AT&T to merge with Time Warner... ****ing lol.

People support this ****?

Aesthetical
04-04-2017, 05:42 AM
And AT&T to merge with Time Warner... ****ing lol.

People support this ****?

Profits > People

The good ole republican mantra

BrocepCurls
04-04-2017, 05:43 AM
Wow, that is so cringe worthy listening to him talk. "We have to MAYBE do something about the internet!" How can you have to maybe something? Sad part is this isn't just one bad snippet from a speech. He has time and time again spoken like a true buffoon.

Don't forget, we have to go see Bill Gates, because Bill Gates owns the Internet.

C Project
04-04-2017, 05:45 AM
Don't forget, we have to go see Bill Gates, because Bill Gates owns the Internet.

Fake news. Obama owns the internet, and he's selling it to China and Russia to censor us.

illriginalized
04-04-2017, 08:08 AM

lmao that was the epitome of ignorance.

SillieBazzillie
04-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Signed behind closed doors today by big dick Donald.

Why was this stupid bill supported by every Republican? The American people are like 75% against the bill, wtf is going on?

JD805
04-04-2017, 07:24 PM
"Bbbuuuubut he's anti establishment" - your typical retard who supports him

albeezy512
04-04-2017, 08:18 PM
lmao boy what a time to be alive. Going to ask my dad for a small loan of 1mill so I can get in on some of this winning

johnnyboi123
04-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Profits > People

The good ole republican mantra

B-but they are doing it for the "people". ****ing party hacks here who cry "muh freedom" "muh liberty" and then turn a blind eye to this ****. Pure scum.

jafomofo
04-04-2017, 08:47 PM
B-but they are doing it for the "people". ****ing party hacks here who cry "muh freedom" "muh liberty" and then turn a blind eye to this ****. Pure scum.

who are you kidding. the 'people' do not give a **** about net neutrality. The internet to 90% of 'the people' is facebook, fox news and netflix. If you give them access to that and let them stream it for free on their ATT phone which locks them in for life then they will be happy as **** about it. 'the people' want fast lanes, they do not care about ubiquitous access to data and an even playing field for all online.

I do not understand why its incumbent upon people to be such donks about politics like there is only one valid position and anyone who disagrees with it is an insufferable moron.

jafomofo
04-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Signed behind closed doors today by big dick Donald.

Why was this stupid bill supported by every Republican? The American people are like 75% against the bill, wtf is going on?

the bill signed yesterday was a repeal of broadband privacy rules nothing to do with net neutrality. You seem to post repeatedly in every thread in the R/P these days and do not seem to know ****. You on the clock son?

The bill repeals regulations adopted in October by the Federal Communications Commission under the Obama administration requiring internet service providers to do more to protect customers' privacy than websites like Alphabet Inc's Google or Facebook Inc.

The rules had not yet taken effect but would have required internet providers to obtain consumer consent before using precise geolocation, financial information, health information, children's information and web browsing history for advertising and marketing.

Shysty021
04-04-2017, 09:23 PM
the bill signed yesterday was a repeal of broadband privacy rules nothing to do with net neutrality. You seem to post repeatedly in every thread in the R/P these days and do not seem to know ****. You on the clock son?

The bill was to protect people from ISPs providing data info of their clients

Google and facebook are websites you choose to use....an ISP is something you use to access the internet at whole, not a website

jafomofo
04-05-2017, 01:32 PM
The bill was to protect people from ISPs providing data info of their clients

Google and facebook are websites you choose to use....an ISP is something you use to access the internet at whole, not a website

no ****. the post you are replying to was a reply to someone talking about the ISP privacy bill in a thread about net neutrality. Would you like to explain how grass is green or the sky is blue next?

StrawHat94
04-05-2017, 03:40 PM
i do not agree with our Trump's position on this topic. but our president needs a win right now so i'll bite on the bullet and accept this if it get's his confidence back up.fukn Lol, trolling is an art