PDA

View Full Version : How to diet right as an Endomorph?

TakeruInudo
03-29-2017, 08:57 PM
I've done some research & have seen the Endomorphs do best on a high Protein/Fat diet with little Carbs, what I have been having a hard time is finding exactly how much grams of Protein/Fat I should be consuming on a daily basis (most sites just give me a % & that really doesn't tell me anything).

I personally have a hard time stomaching large amounts of meat & it doesn't help that my stomach is very picky on how the meat is prepared & what type of meat it is. Because of this I have been drinking Protein drinks on occasion when I can afford it (I have been drinking the Liquid drinks of 'Muscle Milk Pro Series 40g Protein' ((it doesn't have whey or soy in it)) ) & the only real fat I eat is usually some olive oil & the fats from meats like 90/10 ground beef. I also don't eat much of sweets or excessive amounts of calories & hardly eat gluten, but I still seem to be gaining weight. I have been trying to make it more of a habit to include at least 2 bananas & a cup of berries in my diet along with half cup of kale everyday as a brunch (I sometimes forget breakfast), after that it can vary from a homemade burrito to scrambled eggs, rice & veggies ect.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to dieting & on the details on what to eat, how much to eat, what to avoid. I've been trying to make it a habit to keep a meal journal (TRYING being the key word because my memorie is just terrible since I had my son & 9/10 I usualy forget to write in it) & keep notes on the details on what I eat (for example, I always have a natural chocolate banana smoothie which consist of -1 banana--1 1/2 cups of whole milk--1 packet of chocolate breakfast essentials--1 Tbs of dark cocoa powder- which is about 470 calories. I don't really eat a lot & I know I don't eat over 2,000 on a daily basis either but I also can't exactly say how much I consume either.

I was hoping to hear your guys' stories, what meals look like for you on a daily basis, what kind of protein drink/powder I can buy reasonably that doesn't contain Whey or Soy to last me the month, how much protein/fat I should consume, & any tips & advice you can give will also be great.

dipatel13
03-29-2017, 09:03 PM
Body types have no impact on bodybuilding, it's junk science really.

For your diet, you need a minimum amount of protein, .8g/lb, and fat, .4g/lb. After hitting those minimums, you can fill the rest of your cals as you want with any combo of c/f/p you want.

Read the stickies for more info.

ErikTheElectric
03-29-2017, 09:26 PM
Stop believing in somatypes, and whatever misconceptions you have about soy.

TakeruInudo
03-29-2017, 09:44 PM
Stop believing in somatypes, and whatever misconceptions you have about soy.

I didn't say anything bad about Soy. It just doesn't settle well with my stomach.

EjnarKolinkar
03-29-2017, 10:44 PM
I'm pretty clueless when it comes to dieting & on the details on what to eat, how much to eat, what to avoid. I've been trying to make it a habit to keep a meal journal

Try writing down what you eat before you eat it, keep the journal some place handy.

No such thing as an endomorph. Fat loss is driven by calorie deficit.

Some info here you can check out: Calories and Macros (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401)

Mikeez0
03-29-2017, 10:45 PM
Install myfitnesspal. Stop using cups as a measuring unit. You aren't endomorph, you're just fat. If you don't feel good after eating something why won't you listen to your body?
Stop relying on whey proteins, it is overpriced processed fast food. Enjoy some meat, instead.

TakeruInudo
03-30-2017, 12:32 AM
Install myfitnesspal. Stop using cups as a measuring unit. You aren't endomorph, you're just fat. If you don't feel good after eating something why won't you listen to your body?
Stop relying on whey proteins, it is overpriced processed fast food. Enjoy some meat, instead.

As I said before I don't use Whey or Soy foods (because they make me ill), I also stated above that I can't handle a lot of meat because it also easily upsets my stomach.

desslok
03-30-2017, 04:35 AM
I would start by reading the stickies and then going to see your Doctor.