PDA

View Full Version : Here's my Stack....Which Pre-Workout would be best?

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 09:01 AM
Hi, looking for a pre workout, but looking into it, there aren't any that stand out above all the rest, and many have what is already included in my stack....which is:

- Allmax Beta Alinine (taken in the morning - recently ran out and could just remove this from the list)
- Xtend BCAAs (Intra)
- Diesel Protein (post workout)
- MuscleTech Platinum Creatine (post workout, taken together with the protein)

Is a pre workout really needed? If so which would be best?
Also, should I bother with the Beta alinine any more? I did notice some change, but could be the creatine.

Thanks

Misctake7
03-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Preworkout is not needed. If you need a boost of energy before your workouts, a preworkout can be benefitial.

TrainerTone
03-28-2017, 09:19 AM
You could get a preworkout that contains most of the ingredients you use and that would help for convenience sake. But what exactly are you looking for from a preworkout? Energy? Focus? Pumps? That will help us narrow down our suggestions

koweanguy
03-28-2017, 09:38 AM
Hi, looking for a pre workout, but looking into it, there aren't any that stand out above all the rest, and many have what is already included in my stack....which is:

- Allmax Beta Alinine (taken in the morning - recently ran out and could just remove this from the list)
- Xtend BCAAs (Intra)

Also, should I bother with the Beta alinine any more? I did notice some change, but could be the creatine.

Thanks
Personal preference, but I value preworkouts quite high. Would prefer it over intra, protein, etc...
And as the above poster stated.. what particularly are you looking for in a preworkout?
There's so many out there in the market, so you can experiment with what specific ingredient works for you OR you can ask for our help to narrow things down :)

Farley1324
03-28-2017, 09:52 AM

- Xtend BCAAs (Intra)

Thanks

Me, personally, I'm more concerned with a preworkout for energy and focus than I am with beta alanine or bcaa.

Why do you want a pre workout, what for?

My two current favorites based on the ones I've used repeatedly are Pre Kaged and PES Prolific.

TrainerTone
03-28-2017, 09:57 AM
My two current favorites based on the ones I've used repeatedly are Pre Kaged and PES Prolific.

2 of my top pres as well. Prolific for most days at 1 scoop. On higher stim days I'll either double scoop it or use PreKaged as a higher stim alternative

BenBlue
03-28-2017, 10:04 AM
Honestly, Beta Alanine is useless for a bodybuilders program. Useless for a strength/powerlifting routine. It's only beneficial if you're training for serious endurance. How are you training? If you're training for mass and/or strength, ditch the BA and replace it with creatine, absolutely. Creatine will help that style of a program. BA is just one of those ingredients that companies band wagoned. All of a sudden it was in all the pwos, even though most of us are training for mass and/or strength.

BCAAs probably aren't necessary either, but that depends if you're cutting or not. If cutting, keep em. If you're meeting your protein needs, you're getting plenty of BCAAs to begin with. Although Extend is a great BCAA product/tastes amazing and won't hurt.

I place PWO pretty high in my list of supps. It can make a big difference in your training, just be sure to researched your ingredients and buy products that are well formulated. Lot's of garbage out there.

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 10:11 AM
You could get a preworkout that contains most of the ingredients you use and that would help for convenience sake. But what exactly are you looking for from a preworkout? Energy? Focus? Pumps? That will help us narrow down our suggestions

Thanks for the reply.
Looking for energy/focus, pumps...and to cut (I know this is more to do with diet and cardio, but anything to assist would be great). I've plateaued recently and am looking for something to help get me over this.

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Honestly, Beta Alanine is useless for a bodybuilders program. Useless for a strength/powerlifting routine. It's only beneficial if you're training for serious endurance. How are you training? If you're training for mass and/or strength, ditch the BA and replace it with creatine, absolutely. Creatine will help that style of a program. BA is just one of those ingredients that companies band wagoned. All of a sudden it was in all the pwos, even though most of us are training for mass and/or strength.

BCAAs probably aren't necessary either, but that depends if you're cutting or not. If cutting, keep em. If you're meeting your protein needs, you're getting plenty of BCAAs to begin with. Although Extend is a great BCAA product/tastes amazing and won't hurt.

I place PWO pretty high in my list of supps. It can make a big difference in your training, just be sure to researched your ingredients and buy products that are well formulated. Lot's of garbage out there.

Honestly loving the XTend BCAAs....really changed my workout. Since I started taking it I feel little to no soreness. I feel it helps a lot. I'd like to cut too, so based on what you're suggesting, I'll keep it.
What are you taking for a pre workout? Any suggestions would be helpful. Hoping to find one that stands out based on replies. Will be researching each to find what would work best for me.

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 10:18 AM
Personal preference, but I value preworkouts quite high. Would prefer it over intra, protein, etc...
And as the above poster stated.. what particularly are you looking for in a preworkout?
There's so many out there in the market, so you can experiment with what specific ingredient works for you OR you can ask for our help to narrow things down :)

Should I be choosing between a pre workout and what I am currently taking? I can't add a pre workout to what I'm doing already? Overkill?
All I know is based on research I've done, BCAAs are best intra, Protein and Creatine post workout. I'm skeptical of only taking a pre workout....but I'm no pro.

BenBlue
03-28-2017, 10:20 AM
Honestly loving the XTend BCAAs....really changed my workout. Since I started taking it I feel little to no soreness. I feel it helps a lot. I'd like to cut too, so based on what you're suggesting, I'll keep it.
What are you taking for a pre workout? Any suggestions would be helpful. Hoping to find one that stands out based on replies. Will be researching each to find what would work best for me.

In that case keep using them.

If you like Xtend, i'd look into Quake as a pwo. It's a little pricey, but totally worth it, and you'll be getting a full serving of Xtend from Quake alone. It really depends what you're looking for, but Quake is an all around beauty. Prolific is another one that i'm loving, and Pre-Kaged looks pretty good too (as mentioned above^^) although I haven't tried that one myself yet. These are all around good options.

If you want something higher stim, you'll have a wealth of options: mesomorph, SuperPump 250, Kraken, Conqu3r, Sidewalk Kraka, Game Day etc

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 10:22 AM
In that case keep using them.

If you like Xtend, i'd look into Quake as a pwo. It's a little pricey, but totally worth it, and you'll be getting a full serving of Xtend from Quake alone. It really depends what you're looking for, but Quake is an all around beauty. Prolific is another one that i'm loving, and Pre-Kaged looks pretty good too (as mentioned above^^) although I haven't tried that one myself yet. These are all around good options.

If you want something higher stim, you'll have a wealth of options: mesomorph, SuperPump 250, Kraken, Conqu3r, Sidewalk Kraka, Game Day etc

So Quake would eliminate the need for XTend?

BenBlue
03-28-2017, 10:28 AM
So Quake would eliminate XTend?

Well, i'd say yes. Again though, it depends on a lot of factors, mainly how much protein you need/eat to begin with. But if you're going by directions on the Xtend bottle, it recommends one scoop throughout a training session, which you'll be getting in Quake. If you are cutting calories you may want more than that but if not, then Quake will cover both your pwo needs as well as BCAAs.

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 10:44 AM
Well, i'd say yes. Again though, it depends on a lot of factors, mainly how much protein you need/eat to begin with. But if you're going by directions on the Xtend bottle, it recommends one scoop throughout a training session, which you'll be getting in Quake. If you are cutting calories you may want more than that but if not, then Quake will cover both your pwo needs as well as BCAAs.

Stupid question, but if I add Quake to my current stack, is there any negative effects by getting too much of something (i.e. BCAAs)?

CONTROLLED LABS
03-28-2017, 10:53 AM
try white flood free of charge via the free sample form in my signature below :)

mikehendrycks
03-28-2017, 10:56 AM
I love Animal Fury. It's honestly everything I need in a pre and is dosed at the required amounts for the ingredients to be beneficial. Dare I say it's a near perfect product. I have only used that since getting back on the preworkout train back in December and I have it on consistent reorder.

I used to train the same in highschool ( I stopped training for a good fiveyears)and I tried pretty much everything on the market at that time.

Loved Jack3d, tried NOExplode,Superpump250, NO Shotgun, White Flood, EC, Meth, Ecstacy, Cocaine oh wait **** wrong forum.

Seriously though Animal Fury is a beauty.

Hooverville
03-28-2017, 10:58 AM
You can also try a sample of Velocity Ultra if you PM me.

BenBlue
03-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Stupid question, but if I add Quake to my current stack, is there any negative effects by getting too much of something (i.e. BCAAs)?

Depends on what the "something" is. In the case of BCAAs, I don't think you'll have any issues, but anything in excess is potentially bad for you. If all your BCAAs are coming from protein (which doesn't sound like the case with you), than that can be hard on your liver. But this is rare and typically people with preexisting liver issues are the ones who have a hard time with a high protein diet. I think the biggest issue with too many BCAA's is just that most of them go to waste; your body will dispose of the excess BCAAs that it doesn't need.

Let's see if anyone else chimes in though. There may be risks associated with too many BCAAs that i'm unaware of. I don't think so, but I may be wrong.

^^^Take up Hooverville on the offer^^^ Velocity is great stuff

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 10:59 AM
****...looks like Quake hasn't been released in Canada yet.

BenBlue
03-28-2017, 11:03 AM
****...looks like Quake hasn't been released in Canada yet.

https://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/quake.html

mikehendrycks
03-28-2017, 11:05 AM
Fury has a full dose of BCAAS and in my deficit I also sip BCAAs while training. I find it makes a huge difference while in a deficit for feeling satiated and strong start to finish. That being said, I found BCAAs when on a surplus make me feel horrible. Bloated, gassy, lethargic.

That's just me though, also could have been because I was a fat **** eating processed garbage 24/7 and not the BCAAs at all but my destroyed digestive system.

Farley1324
03-28-2017, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Looking for energy/focus, pumps...and to cut (I know this is more to do with diet and cardio, but anything to assist would be great). I've plateaued recently and am looking for something to help get me over this.

The main issue here is your (edit: You could use your or you're here) hitting a "plateau". You need to look over your diet and training to figure out why that is. If you are no longer making progress adding a pre-workout is not really a solution.

TrainerTone
03-28-2017, 11:57 AM
So Quake would eliminate the need for XTend?

It already contains 7g of Xtend BCAA's so I'd say no need to add more to that depending on the circumstances

lucia316
03-28-2017, 12:18 PM

Other than a a drain on your wallet for no reason? No.

compan
03-28-2017, 12:39 PM

You should try Xtend Perform next. I typically don't use BCAAs, but I've been using Xtend Perform and really like it.

As far as pre-workouts go, I'd take a look at Carbon Prep (stim free, so you'll need to add caffeine), Pre-Kaged and Quake (same company that makes Xtend, you could drop Xtend with using Quake and pick up bulk Peak02 in it's place to get the same effect as Xtend Perform). Hemav02 is also a great non-stim pre-workout that delivers strongly with pump and focus. I tend to use that and drink coffee prior or add a 200mg caffeine tab.

koweanguy
03-28-2017, 12:46 PM
I think the biggest issue with too many BCAA's is just that most of them go to waste; your body will dispose of the excess BCAAs that it doesn't need.
Agreed!

koweanguy
03-28-2017, 12:49 PM
I've plateaued recently and am looking for something to help get me over this.
Hold off of everything..

Nutrition and Training ought to be prioritized first if this is the case.
Have you set a goal for yourself? Could be from anything specific as losing 0.5-1 lb. a week or adding more poundage to your lifts.
What workout program are you running? What are your lifting stats?

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 02:47 PM
Looking at C4 Ripped...anyone know of this pre? Have a discount for it so am thinking about it.

compan
03-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Looking at C4 Ripped...anyone know of this pre? Have a discount for it so am thinking about it.

If you were going for one of the C4s (besides C4 Ultimate), I'd lean more towards C4 Neuro or C4 Mass for the carbs.

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 02:51 PM
You're 100% right. My cardio is lacking (only 2hrs of bball a week).
I'm purely weight training. Body part per day.
Goals? Lift more. Get bigger (not ugly abnormal big). Abs without flexing.

Farley1324
03-28-2017, 02:53 PM
You're 100% right. My cardio is lacking (only 2hrs of bball a week).
I'm purely weight training. Body part per day.
Goals? Lift more. Get bigger (not ugly abnormal big). Abs without flexing.

Why do you need cardio?

Your routine probably needs improvement.

More isn't always better.

Getting bigger and having visible abs are contradictory goals.

How many calories and carbs/fat/protein are you getting each day? Weekly average weight gain/loss? Are you progressing regularly with your program?

Really want to emphasize that picking a preworkout (or any other supp) isn't going to fix your lack of progress

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 02:53 PM
Woohhh, didnt know there were that many options. I liked ripped because there's no creatine...I have that already....and I want to get ripped. Are you saying its junk?

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 02:57 PM
I'm a small guy naturally. Made good gains in last 5 or so months, but still want to lift more and get a little more bulk (which would still not big big bulk). I'm 5'8", 160lbs.
For example I'm aiming for 2 plates of 45 each side for bench...now only doing a 45 and a 25.

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 03:00 PM
No, cardio is a must in my opinion, I just dont have the time...hoping to change that.
I think my routine is pretty good, if not overkill.
5 exercises for most body parts (excluding bis/tris), 3-4 sets of 8-12.

Farley1324
03-28-2017, 03:05 PM
No, cardio is a must in my opinion, I just dont have the time...hoping to change that.
I think my routine is pretty good, if not overkill.
5 exercises for most body parts (excluding bis/tris), 3-4 sets of 8-12.

Why is cardio a must for you?

You probably have a lot of things to clean up in your diet and routine, which I say based on how little info you've given about your routine and that you are completely ignoring calories, macros, and weight gain/loss while listing simultaneous goals of getting bigger and getting ripped. Much more ground to be made here than with a pre workout. Priorities.

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 03:17 PM
Diet is good. I'm sure there is room for improvement, but eating clean, nothing processed. Chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, greens etc etc....definitely not counting though.
Bulking may not be the right word to use....strength might be better...but being big and having abs is not a contradiction at all. Thats crazy to think. I get what you're implying, but definitely not a contradiction.

Farley1324
03-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Diet is good. I'm sure there is room for improvement, but eating clean, nothing processed. Chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, greens etc etc....definitely not counting though.
Bulking may not be the right word to use....strength might be better...but being big and having abs is not a contradiction at all. Thats crazy to think. I get what you're implying, but definitely not a contradiction.

If you don't know your calories and macros you don't know if your diet is supporting your goals.

Getting bigger and gaining visible abs is a contradiction in that you aren't going to do both at once. At best you can hope to do one then do the other and eventually end up both bigger and with more defined abs.

fahdalsheheata
03-28-2017, 03:49 PM
Get Nutrabio Pre. It's one of the best preworkout I've ever had. Green apple tastes great.

koweanguy
03-28-2017, 04:23 PM
I'm a small guy naturally. Made good gains in last 5 or so months, but still want to lift more and get a little more bulk (which would still not big big bulk). I'm 5'8", 160lbs.
For example I'm aiming for 2 plates of 45 each side for bench...now only doing a 45 and a 25.
Are you performing 185 bench with proper range of motion and form?
A LOT of people, even in the forum, do it incorrectly.. often times with his or her "ego".
A video of you doing bench would suffice.

And what about your squat & Deadlfit stats?
Judging by your bench stat alone, I'd recommend a full body beginner program..
Get all 3 of your lifts up and going and with proper nutrition.. you will see a MUCH better result than the countless reliance you had for supplements.

Bolts1
03-28-2017, 04:32 PM
Form is everything. Without proper form I dont see a point and there is only risk of injury. I stayed low on the weight to ensure form was right. Only added weight when I felt comfortable my form wouldn't suffer.
I'm not completely clueless....I know thats the initial thought of many on these boards.
Form is good. Diet ok...not maniacal at this point....I know these things...thank you to everyone that had other suggestions, it's appreciated, but I'm looking for opinions on the best pre workout...no creatine included ( added the no creatine based on my research after many of the responses here...thanks).

NEBinAK
03-28-2017, 05:33 PM
Thank you for xtend support! You should give Quake 10.0 a try :)