PDA

View Full Version : Ford to announce big league investments in 3 Michigan assembly plants

HoganIsGOAT
03-28-2017, 06:04 AM
Ford Motor Co. is set to announce new investments in three plants in Michigan, reports reveal.

The carmaker will reportedly invest a “significant amount” in assembly plants in Wayne, Flat Rock, and its Romeo Engine Plant, according to The Detroit News.

The latest news of the carmaker’s U.S. expansion comes only two months after the company announced it was investing up to $700 million in its Michigan facilities.

In February, Ford CEO Mark Fields said his company’s decision to create jobs in America rather than in Mexico is a “vote of confidence” in Trump’s incoming administration and the pro-business environment it will create.

The company is expected to make a full announcement on Tuesday, March 28.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/27/trump-jobs-boom-continues-ford-motor-co-announces-investment-in-3-michigan-plants/

LargePeter
03-28-2017, 06:33 AM
Yeah, but nepotism you cuck

Or whatever chit the resident hysterical tards are currently bleating on about

moksha16
03-28-2017, 07:16 AM
Wow.. sounds just like the thing they announced in 2015 LOL

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2015/08/25/ford-ranger/32373741/

Ford Motor Co. wants to resurrect its once-popular Ranger truck in North America and build the midsize pickup at the Michigan Assembly Plant, according to sources with knowledge of Ford’s plans.

The Dearborn automaker has entered contract negotiations with the United Auto Workers with plans to bring the Ranger to the plant in Wayne in 2018,

7rmr
03-28-2017, 07:21 AM

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2015/08/25/ford-ranger/32373741/

You mean like almost every other announcement Trump has taken credit for.

The best thing about these posts is they are really celebrating Obama's accomplishments

HoganIsGOAT
03-28-2017, 07:23 AM
Ford to announce big league investments in 3 Michigan assembly plants Ford Motor Co. is set to announce new investments in three plants in Michigan, reports reveal.

The carmaker will reportedly invest a “significant amount” in assembly plants in Wayne, Flat Rock, and its Romeo Engine Plant, according to The Detroit News.

The latest news of the carmaker’s U.S. expansion comes only two months after the company announced it was investing up to $700 million in its Michigan facilities.

In February, Ford CEO Mark Fields said his company’s decision to create jobs in America rather than in Mexico is a “vote of confidence” in Trump’s incoming administration and the pro-business environment it will create.

The company is expected to make a full announcement on Tuesday, March 28.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...chigan-plants/

Ford Motor Co. wants to resurrect its once-popular Ranger truck in North America and build the midsize pickup at the Michigan Assembly Plant, according to sources with knowledge of Ford’s plans.

The Dearborn automaker has entered contract negotiations with the United Auto Workers with plans to bring the Ranger to the plant in Wayne in 2018, said the sources, who couldn’t speak publicly because of the sensitive nature of the talks.

Ford in July said it was pulling production of all its vehicles out of Michigan Assembly in 2018, but both the union and automaker have said repeatedly that they expect to avoid shuttering the plant and hope to introduce a new product there.

You may actually want to try reading.

moksha16
03-28-2017, 07:26 AM

And.. what part of starting to build the ranger in 2018 announced in 2015 did you find hard to comprehend? Maybe your hooters bandanna is on too tight?

HoganIsGOAT
03-28-2017, 07:30 AM
And.. what part of starting to build the ranger in 2018 announced in 2015 did you find hard to comprehend? Maybe your hooters bandanna is on too tight?

Your article is stating an anonymous source claims Ford wants to bring back production of the Ford Ranger to one plant.

If you don't see the difference between the two, then I'm afraid you aren't bright enough to have a conversation with me.

gixxer0.6g
03-28-2017, 07:33 AM
And you don't hear a thing about it on the news. Thank goodness for Trump's twitter. I heard about this last night. All I heard on the news this morning was how the swamp wants Nunes head for bypassing his corrupt boss and heading straight to the white house.

He's also about to bring back coal jobs by bending over Obama's EPA today. Going to be glorious for MT/WY.

7rmr
03-28-2017, 07:37 AM
Your article is stating an anonymous source claims Ford wants to bring back production of the Ford Ranger to one plant.

If you don't see the difference between the two, then I'm afraid you aren't bright enough to have a conversation with me.

So you agree Ford was setting the groundwork for these changes in 2015 and only made the announcement now.

moksha16
03-28-2017, 07:38 AM

I guess that anonymous source somehow predicted the future in 2015....

but i'm sure you are right and this is something trump did.. by not passing a single piece of legislation LOL

moksha16
03-28-2017, 07:41 AM
So you agree Ford was setting the groundwork for these changes in 2015 and only made the announcement now.

I like the part where trumpers think huge corporations make multi billion dollar decisions over a couple month period because some day trump might get some unknown legislation passed LOL

7rmr
03-28-2017, 07:50 AM
I like the part where trumpers think huge corporations make multi billion dollar decisions over a couple month period because some day trump might get some unknown legislation passed LOL

They don't think. They just parrot back whatever their dear leader says

RealNews
03-28-2017, 08:00 AM

"Ford announced in January the Flat Rock facility also would see a $700 million investment and 700 new jobs to support the production of electrified and autonomous vehicles."

"The investments at Flat Rock — those announced today and those announced in January — are new."

"Joe Hinrichs, Ford president of the Americas, said the company is encouraged by the president’s economic agenda."

If Only Liberals had a brain...

gixxer0.6g
03-28-2017, 08:01 AM
"Ford announced in January the Flat Rock facility also would see a $700 million investment and 700 new jobs to support the production of electrified and autonomous vehicles."

"The investments at Flat Rock — those announced today and those announced in January — are new."

"Joe Hinrichs, Ford president of the Americas, said the company is encouraged by the president’s economic agenda."

If Only Liberals had a brain...

But Trump is literally Hitler.

Lets not forget Spectrum is also investing $20B into America. Didn't hear anything about that on the news either.

Blainex
03-28-2017, 08:07 AM

It's 50/50

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2017/03/27/ford-invest/99709766/

The investments at the Michigan Assembly Plant and Romeo Engine Plant were negotiated as part of the 2015 Ford-United Auto Workers contract. The investments at Flat Rock — those announced today and those announced in January — are new.

KingTrump2016
03-28-2017, 09:13 AM

This is part of the UAW contract. Ford had to move Ranger production to USA by 2018. Contract was ratified Nov 21, 2015. This is really old news.

$70,000 retirement bonuses for some workers
Commitment to add up to 1,200 skilled trades apprentices
$9 billion in total investment commitments including plans to build the Ford Ranger at the Michigan Assembly Plant when production of the Focus and C-Max families of vehicles stop in 2018.
Same raises offered to long-time General Motors and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles workers: 3% raises in the first and third years and 4% lump sum bonuses in the second and fourth years.
Path to bring entry-level workers to the full wage scale within eight years
Profit sharing continues to follow the current formula but there would no longer be a cap on the amount workers could get which could prove to be sizable in this red-hot North American market.

KingTrump2016
03-28-2017, 09:16 AM
He's also about to bring back coal jobs by bending over Obama's EPA today. Going to be glorious for MT/WY.

I honestly feel bad that you believe that. At best we are looking at 600 coal related jobs nationwide. You can take that to the bank.

SillieBazzillie
03-28-2017, 09:16 AM
And you don't hear a thing about it on the news. Thank goodness for Trump's twitter. I heard about this last night. All I heard on the news this morning was how the swamp wants Nunes head for bypassing his corrupt boss and heading straight to the white house.

Yay let's burn the dirtiest fuel possible just like we did 100 years ago!

SillieBazzillie
03-28-2017, 09:18 AM
And what we libcucks fail to recognize is that pre-Golfer in Chief, there was $0 investment and 0 job creation in America. Obummer just swept it all out to 3rd world countries.

Just like a good Kenyan-born, Muslim would do.

JD805
03-28-2017, 09:20 AM
Trump supporters are stupid af.

CaliSuperSport
03-28-2017, 10:02 AM
The best thing about these posts is they are really celebrating Obama's accomplishments

welcome to politics. take credit for the good, distance from the bad

Aesthetical
03-28-2017, 10:04 AM
An american company hiring americans...a round of applause is much deserved.