PDA

View Full Version : Midnight workout nutritional advice

Wrax
03-08-2017, 02:04 AM
Hi all,

I've had a look through the forums and I can't seem to find anything that talks about nutrition for midnight workouts. If it does exist and I'm being blind to it, sorry.

Anyway, currently at uni doing a course with 25+ contact hours a week, so I have quite a lot of work to do in my spare time. This means the only time I can get to the gym is like at midnight directly before going to bed. I know this isn't the best time, but bare with me. Thing is, I'm looking for advice on what foods are good for pre and post workout at that time, especially as afterwords it is shower and go to bed.

Pre-workout meal is pretty lackluster at the moment, and post I've been having a whey protein shake, but I really feel this is a poor way of doing it.

Any advice is seriously appreciated! I'm super new to working out and all the nutrition behind everything but I really want to learn as much as I can.

Thanks a million :)

Mikeez0
03-08-2017, 03:09 AM
There is nothing difference when you are consuming food.
To make it easier to understand.. You have 24hour daily to consume "total amount of calories".
Total amount of consumed calories will make you lose/gain weight.
Eat whenever you prefer to feel good and perform well.

desslok
03-08-2017, 04:41 AM
Surprisingly, food doesn't know or care what time it is. So whatever you eat any other time is also fime at midnight unless you are a gremlin.

CommitmentRulz
03-08-2017, 06:05 AM
Don't worry about the old wives tale about not eating before bedtime or it turns to fat. As long as it doesn't interfere with your sleep and fits into your macros, go for it.