PDA

View Full Version : On Tuesday night, AARP declared war on new healthcare bill

rocker1
03-07-2017, 09:27 PM
For months, during the Tea Partyy we witnessed the spectacle of "GET YOUR GUBMINT HANDS OFF OF MY MEDICARE."

"Obama the Kenyan" is out of the picture.

Let's see this Republican government finally settle scores with the America that VOTED FOR IT.

Tonight, the largest social age grouping in the country declared war against messing with Obamacare.

http://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/info-2017/aarp-opposes-healthcare-bill.html

The measure was chief among the reasons AARP, the nation’s largest organization for older Americans, cited in explaining its opposition to the House bill on Tuesday evening.

“Older Americans need affordable health care services and prescriptions,” AARP Executive Vice President Nancy LeaMond said in a statement. “This plan goes in the opposite direction, increasing insurance premiums for older Americans and not doing anything to lower drug costs.”

AARP, which has nearly 38 million members ages 50 and older, is also firmly opposed to a pair of major changes to Medicaid that the House bill includes. One is a rollback of Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion, which made the program available to millions of low-income adults, many of them seniors, who had no insurance before. The other is a new Medicaid funding formula that could leave states on the hook for more and more money, a report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities concluded Tuesday. That might force states to make cuts that hurt seniors, many of whom rely on Medicaid for nursing home care and other health services.

BullittEV
03-08-2017, 12:39 AM
you red fukkin moron.

the obamacare bill was legislated so many times that it wasnt even the original bill. if they do the same thing to trumps/republican congress' bill then it could end up anywhere.

this bill is going to give power to the states and allow you to purchase insurance across state lines- stimulating competition/growth/freedom of health care.
it will be cheaper. The only argument people are having is that the tax credits. Ok? Who knows the end goal of that- I don't- the point is, that its a better system and people still want to bithc and complain.

stop being uneducated and making comments.

JrM703
03-08-2017, 12:41 AM
you red fukkin moron.

the obamacare bill was legislated so many times that it wasnt even the original bill. if they do the same thing to trumps/republican congress' bill then it could end up anywhere.

this bill is going to give power to the states and allow you to purchase insurance across state lines- stimulating competition/growth/freedom of health care.
it will be cheaper. The only argument people are having is that the tax credits. Ok? Who knows the end goal of that- I don't- the point is, that its a better system and people still want to bithc and complain.

^Wizard

fitnessislife
03-08-2017, 12:43 AM
Sorry OP, but nobody cares what an avowed, white-hating racist like you thinks. Leave.

BullittEV
03-08-2017, 12:48 AM
^Wizard

I see youre in DC- did you see tucker carlson explain what its like to live there as a politician? just lol

"Nobody takes less than a 2 hour lunch, I love living here. Everyone should try to."

dude is raw as fuk

LFAesthetics
03-08-2017, 06:50 AM
I see youre in DC- did you see tucker carlson explain what its like to live there as a politician? just lol

"Nobody takes less than a 2 hour lunch, I love living here. Everyone should try to."

dude is raw as fuk

if government politicians were held to the same standards private workers not a single one would last a week. It's really disgusting how wasteful and lazy they all are. I find it comical how much they "recess" why should government not be working year round? what're we school teachers?

JoshSP1985
03-08-2017, 06:56 AM
if government politicians were held to the same standards private workers not a single one would last a week. It's really disgusting how wasteful and lazy they all are. I find it comical how much they "recess" why should government not be working year round? what're we school teachers?

The only argument I can even think of is elected office is viewed a as volunteer thing. You give up your private life to go do this public service. That line of thinking likely used to make a lot more sense than its current perversion.

I'm not saying its right but I'm grasping trying to even come up with an argument.

Procta
03-08-2017, 06:57 AM
I guess they didnt want to wait and see whats in phase 2 & 3

LFAesthetics
03-08-2017, 07:01 AM
The only argument I can even think of is elected office is viewed a as volunteer thing. You give up your private life to go do this public service. That line of thinking likely used to make a lot more sense than its current perversion.

I'm not saying its right but I'm grasping trying to even come up with an argument.

that's all well and good except congressmen make decent living (whats the pay like 175k annually for one?) and a have a chitload of expenses comped on the governments dime while at the same time controlling their own raises... alot of the state reps make more in their jobs as congressmen than they would in the private sector I would think

edit: I agree that it used to be a public service - however, they've voted themselves into a pretty decent life over the years.

SillieBazzillie
03-08-2017, 05:22 PM
So if you're 60 years old and make $20k or less, you'll pay $7k more with TrumpCare. And you'll pay more for each income group until you get to the higher incomes.

Trump unleashing his master plan to enrich the rich. Trumpers are right, he does keep his promises.

PSToolman
03-08-2017, 05:43 PM
you red fukkin moron.

I'm sorry but it sounds like you're just parroting the GOP talking points.

There was a story recently that one insurance carrier was dropping out of the exchanges of several states. So what is it about this new policy of allowing people to buy insurance across state lines that is different? Some carriers are already operating in multiple states. Further, it sounds to me like this is actually giving less power to the states. Every state has an insurance commissioner and sets its own rules. Seems to me that letting people in Mississippi buy insurance from Utah where it might be cheaper because the population is generally healthier, takes the power away of the states.

Further still, looking at many industries that have gone national over the years, you'll see that you have fewer choices, not more. Go into any mall across the country and you see the same stores. Use to be you could shop at any number of local hardware stores. Now you have Home Depot and Lowes, and in bigger population centers you might see a couple ACE or True Value, and that's about it.

I predict that this policy will result in fewer choices for consumers, and further concentrate the wealth of the nation.

alternatemisc
03-08-2017, 05:46 PM
I guess they didnt want to wait and see whats in phase 2 & 3
Fukin lol people like you still believe Trump's garbage.

PSToolman
03-08-2017, 05:46 PM
that's all well and good except congressmen make decent living (whats the pay like 175k annually for one?) and a have a chitload of expenses comped on the governments dime while at the same time controlling their own raises... alot of the state reps make more in their jobs as congressmen than they would in the private sector I would think

edit: I agree that it used to be a public service - however, they've voted themselves into a pretty decent life over the years.

I'll point out at this juncture that the living expenses of congress members, who have to maintain homes in DC as well as their home state, are not covered by the US government. There are many members of congress, junior members I'm sure, who sleep in their offices.