PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Party favorability rating drops to 4-Year-Low

Ausaric
03-04-2017, 12:37 PM
https://i.redd.it/ime2bz6cagjy.png

iifymbro
03-04-2017, 12:47 PM
They seem to be hell bent on turning their party into a chitty coastal regional one with no national influence. Republican primaries will become the general elections.

chaunce54
03-04-2017, 02:58 PM
When they go low, we go high...

Tha big kahoona
03-04-2017, 03:13 PM
When they go low, we get high...

I can get down with that platform

ZenBowman
03-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Unsurprising. It seems like the sole reason for their party's establishment now is to initiate WW3 with Russia.

This is a tragedy, because the GOP is already an insane asylum that has long since abandoned conservatism.

Now that the Dems are split between a set of outright communists and WW3 cheerleaders, there is really no place for sane people to turn.

Ausaric
03-04-2017, 03:28 PM
Unsurprising. It seems like the sole reason for their party's establishment now is to initiate WW3 with Russia.

This is a tragedy, because the GOP is already an insane asylum that has long since abandoned conservatism.

Now that the Dems are split between a set of outright communists and WW3 cheerleaders, there is really no place for sane people to turn.How?

ZenBowman
03-04-2017, 03:30 PM
They seem to be hell bent on turning their party into a chitty coastal regional one with no national influence. Republican primaries will become the general elections.

That kind of arrogance is what cost the Dems the 2016 elections.

The GOP has to wise up on certain issues, or they could have a 2020 that looks a lot like the Dems 2016. Their favorability is even lower than the Dems (although only slightly).

Ausaric
03-04-2017, 03:31 PM
That kind of arrogance is what cost the Dems the 2016 elections.

The GOP has to wise up on certain issues, or they could have a 2020 that looks a lot like the Dems 2016.What issues?

ZenBowman
03-04-2017, 03:33 PM
How?

Abandoning environmental protections isn't conservative.
Pissing off our allies isn't conservative (although we absolutely need to push them to do more).
Prudence is a conservative virtue.

Conservatism has to be more than simply doing the bidding of the most powerful.

Here is a much more rich and beautiful definition:
http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2013/10/ten-conservative-principles.html

Ausaric
03-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Abandoning environmental protections isn't conservative.
Pissing off our allies isn't conservative (although we absolutely need to push them to do more).
Prudence is a conservative virtue.

Conservatism has to be more than simply doing the bidding of the most powerful.

Here is a much more rich and beautiful definition:
http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2013/10/ten-conservative-principles.html
I'm not saying you're wrong. But don't you think Trump's voters and most Conservatives in general don't give a **** about those things? Trump has re-written what "Conservatism" is. It's similar to how Neo-Liberalism doesn't represent classical Liberalism in any sense.

I guess I'm asking, does the average working class person who voted for Obama in 2012 and Trump in 2016 give two ****s about environmental regulations?

As far as "pissing off" our allies goes, is there any evidence this would have an impact on his supporters? To the contrary, I think it galvanizes his base.