PDA

View Full Version : confused about my maintenance (sedentary atm)

letsallmakeit
02-28-2017, 11:18 AM
so right now im not working out and has been 1 month. during this month i've been sedentary (life issues) and can't move much. i've been eating around 2000-2100 with .8 prot, .4 fat and rest with w/e i find satisfying. i've lost around 10 pounds during this month.

my question is, does this mean im eating wayyyy on a deficit? or is it just water weight due to carbs/creatine? i mean it's ten pounds lost i do feel that i lost quite a bit of muscle and look leaner but no fat loss. basically just muscle/water loss.

should i bump my calories to 2200 even if sedentary before i destroy my hormones/muscles losing this much weight? im so confused and don't know if im losing muscle gaining fat in the process or whats going on in my body.

im male and went from 175 to 165 in one month. (never calculated calories before so im trying to figure out main). i just doubt my maintenance is higher than 2000 with no exercise.

TrickyPooBoy
02-28-2017, 11:31 AM
are you trying to bulk or cut...

letsallmakeit
02-28-2017, 11:37 AM
are you trying to bulk or cut...

if you read. currently not bulking or cutting since im not working out. meanwhile i want to have a healthy lifestyle (while i get back at it) and want basically maintain weight.

Brozef
02-28-2017, 12:04 PM
i just doubt my maintenance is higher than 2000 with no exercise.

Don't forget, this is just guess work on your part. If you've lost 10 lbs in a month chances are your TDEE is higher than 2000 cals.

Your weight SHOULD even out pretty soon if your TDEE really is anywhere near 2000 cals.