PDA

View Full Version : 4.5 pound (~2kg) loss in a week

DingoCartman
02-23-2017, 08:34 AM
I had a difficult week, and missed a few training sessions. Also I guess I didn't eat the way I do after exercising, but I didn't starve, just ate less than I usually do.

When I stepped on the scales it showed I lost 4.5 punds (~2kg) in a week!
I felt fatigue and loss of strength, barely was able to finish the session.

I didn't notice any visible fat loss or mass loss, and from past experience the next session I will be able to lift as much as I did before.
Also I didn't take any antibiotics that can weaken the body or anything else.

I am curious, how exactly did I lost this much weight, what is it that I lost exactly but didn't seem to notice a change in my body?

zyvox
02-23-2017, 09:33 AM
Weight fluctuates, weigh yourself tomorrow and again the day after. At the same times.

kitpapa
02-23-2017, 09:41 AM
I had a difficult week, and missed a few training sessions. Also I guess I didn't eat the way I do after exercising, but I didn't starve, just ate less than I usually do.

When I stepped on the scales it showed I lost 4.5 punds (~2kg) in a week!
I felt fatigue and loss of strength, barely was able to finish the session.

I didn't notice any visible fat loss or mass loss, and from past experience the next session I will be able to lift as much as I did before.
Also I didn't take any antibiotics that can weaken the body or anything else.

I am curious, how exactly did I lost this much weight, what is it that I lost exactly but didn't seem to notice a change in my body?

Its just a week. More than likely walter fluctuation, nothing to worry about. I gave up liquor and lost 4 pounds in a week while replacing the alcohol calories with food. (124 to 120)
Had a drink last nite totally WITHIN calories and WHAM....2lbs up this morning.

DingoCartman
02-23-2017, 10:40 AM
Weight fluctuates, but 2 kilograms?
Seems a bit too much, don't you think? I heard that people who do long cardio sessions talk of energy storage inside muscles. Could it be that my body took some of what in had put inside the muscles?

gesler0811
02-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Weight fluctuates, but 2 kilograms?
Seems a bit too much, don't you think? I heard that people who do long cardio sessions talk of energy storage inside muscles. Could it be that my body took some of what in had put inside the muscles?

You're overthinking it. One week is nothing. When I was running Kelei's hypertrophy program I took a week-long deload every 4 weeks.

My weight can go up or down 4.5 pounds day to day easily, depending on the kind of day I had. Granted, this usually isn't the case, because I eat very consistently.

Also, the sluggishness can easily be attributed to the missed workouts and the fact that you said you ate noticeably less than normal. Seriously, no big deal. Get back on your game and in a few days you'll feel strong again.

ErikTheElectric
02-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Avoid relying on the scale as a means to measure your overall progression.

lmcfreekz
02-23-2017, 09:29 PM
6.30am... and 9.30am

http://i.imgur.com/Rh1pzOW.jpg

DingoCartman
02-24-2017, 07:52 AM
You all have a point, I've given weight too much significance.

Znik
02-24-2017, 08:04 AM

Water.

Physical exercise raise cortisol and inflammation which promotes water retention, stress also raises cortisol, so does dieting (lack of exercise probably reduced the calorie deficit size).
When you stopped doing as much exercise, relaxed a bit on your diet etc. you lost a good chunk of water.

When you aren't shredded, water retention (especially subcutaneous) is not really that noticeable, so a big drop in water doesn't necessarily reflect a huge change on your body.