PDA

View Full Version : That is the worst choke job I have ever seen

DrFlexologist
02-06-2017, 10:41 AM
No way in hell should ATL lose that game. No way! You don't blow a 25 point lead like that, you just don't. I've never seen a team implode like that. And how does Julio Jones (your best player) only have FOUR receptions. If I'm QB'ing that team, Julio has 15 targets in that game. In the 2nd half, they had three possessions where they held the ball for like two minutes or less. If the Pats would've had that lead, they would've won by 40+.

Matt Ryan and the coaching staff are choke artists. I don't put this on any of the other players really because it's the offense's fault that the defense was on the field for an eternity. What was it, like 93 offensive plays that the Pats ran? Just crazy.

Worst choke job of all time.

drvillain
02-06-2017, 10:44 AM
how is it Matt Ryans fault, who had a damn near perfect game besides getting sacked?

Vbrah
02-06-2017, 10:46 AM
how is it Matt Ryans fault, who had a damn near perfect game besides getting sacked?

he is partly to blame

iamgenus
02-06-2017, 10:50 AM

To be fair that sack was inexcusable. You can argue the playcall all you want but your MVP QB is smart enough to know he cannot take the sack there. If his guys were covered you throw that chit in to the dirt or out of bounds.

I do feel bad for Atlanta though. if it wasn't for tom winning another one and sticking it to Goodell i definitely would've liked to see Atlanta win. Very likable team.

rocketfish
02-06-2017, 10:51 AM
atlanta lost when in field goal range with 4ish minutes left, elected to pass instead of run (run down clock) kick field goal and go up 2 possessions.

instead they called a pass play, got sacked out of field goal range (perhaps throw it away??).. and everything after that is history.

drvillain
02-06-2017, 10:52 AM
he is partly to blame

To be fair that sack was inexcusable. You can argue the playcall all you want but your MVP QB is smart enough to know he cannot take the sack there. If his guys were covered you throw that chit in to the dirt or out of bounds.

I do feel bad for Atlanta though. if it wasn't for tom winning another one and sticking it to Goodell i definitely would've liked to see Atlanta win. Very likable team.

i agree that that was a bad decision, but I don't see taking a sack because you're trying to attack down the field the same thing as choking. I saw a QB that trusted his men around him, because they were able to protect him all season.

DrFlexologist
02-06-2017, 11:01 AM

Surely you jest.

drvillain
02-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Surely you jest.

great response, I really learned a lot, and realized that I was wrong here. /rage

JmanTheJuiceman
02-06-2017, 11:22 AM
I've never seen a team choke so hard and I've been a vikings fan for about two decades.

DrFlexologist
02-06-2017, 12:11 PM
I've never seen a team choke so hard and I've been a vikings fan for about two decades.

lol

Jaydawg08
02-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Think I saw Matt Ryan went like 1-8 on Third down. That can't happen if you're an MVP winning QB. Keep your offense on the field and help your D out. Ryan is just as culpable. He wants to be labeled an elite QB up with Brady and Rodgers he needs to do whatever it takes.

SoutheastBeast1
02-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Think I saw Matt Ryan went like 1-8 on Third down. That can't happen if you're an MVP winning QB. Keep your offense on the field and help your D out. Ryan is just as culpable. He wants to be labeled an elite QB up with Brady and Rodgers he needs to do whatever it takes.

http://p.fod4.com/p/media/5c597eb60b/uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.g if

XFactah416
02-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Matt Ryan cannot take a sack on 2nd and 11. That just CAN'T happen from the MVP.

The playcalling was atrocious (3rd and 1 and they're still taking 7 step drops.. c'mon son).

I also hated Matt Ryan's body language out there.. it looked to me like he was praying that Lord Brady would choke or his gassed Falcons defense was going to miraculously stop him so he wouldn't have to make any more plays.

AgRyan
02-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Matt Ryan cannot take a sack on 2nd and 11. That just CAN'T happen from the MVP.

The playcalling was atrocious (3rd and 1 and they're still taking 7 step drops.. c'mon son).

I also hated Matt Ryan's body language out there.. it looked to me like he was praying that Lord Brady would choke or his gassed Falcons defense was going to miraculously stop him so he wouldn't have to make any more plays.

Matt Ryan's body language during the Brady comeback was laughable. Dude looked like he had 0 confidence and was in way over his head. Complete opposite of Brady who looked like he was just playing backyard catch with his son.

FAH_Q
02-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Its everyones fault, but Ryan has a small portion of that. Dude had a 98 qb rating in the 4th quarter. I don't know the numbers but i'm sure there have been many super bowls won with a rating below that.

The play calling is the most significant reason in my opinion.

The sack Ryan took was bad, but the play was designed to go the left side, Ryan got pressured on the left side, when he tried to scramble right, Tre Flowers was already in his face because he beat Mack pretty bad. Thats more of a great play by Flowers than anything to me. And even if it was a horrible sack to take, that is just a sack. Game shouldn't have been close enough for it to matter.

If Freeman even has a halfway decent block on Hightower than we aren't having this discussion.

If Matthews doesn't hold Long then we are still in FG range and the game is essentially over.

If Alford could have picked off that pass to Edelman instead of tipped it up then game is basically over as well. Well maybe not because we probably would have thrown it on 3 straight downs to be "aggressive" and Pats woulda scored lol

Edit: Y'all nikkas srs trying to talk about Ryans body language? LOL you can only use the body language excuse if it aligns with his play. Ryans play wasn't bad therefore the body language idea doesn't even make sense.

holtmcg
02-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Whoever thinks Tom Brady isn't the best quarterback of all time is a moron.