PDA

View Full Version : really losing respect for greg popovich

fakeskipbayless
02-03-2017, 04:04 AM
hes been getting really political and last night he pushed it too far

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/gregg-popovich-on-black-history-month-a-celebration-but-a-lot-more-work-to-do/?linkId=34078034

Well, it's a remembrance, and a bit of a celebration in some ways," Popovich said, via ESPN's Michael C. Wright. "It sounds odd because we're not there yet, but it's always important to remember what has passed and what is being experienced now by the black population. It's a celebration of some of the good things that have happened, and a reminder that there's a lot more work to do."

I think if people take the time to think about it, I think it is our national sin. It always intrigues me when people come out with, 'I'm tired of talking about that or do we have to talk about race again?' And the answer is you're damned right we do. Because it's always there, and it's systemic in the sense that when you talk about opportunity it's not about 'Well, if you lace up your shoes and you work hard, then you can have the American dream.' That's a bunch of hogwash. If you were born white, you automatically have a monstrous advantage educationally, economically, culturally in this society and all the systemic roadblocks that exist, whether it's in a judicial sense, a neighborhood sense with laws, zoning, education, we have huge problems in that regard that are very complicated, but take leadership, time, and real concern to try to solve. It's a tough one because people don't really want to face it

y0jimbo
02-03-2017, 04:15 AM
Dude is a cuck, brb cant answer simple reporter questions because he is just so above everyone else, total flog

AmIGoodNuff
02-03-2017, 05:02 AM
I see what he is saying but I dont like how he generalizes like the whoooole black community is from the hood or something.

fakeskipbayless
02-03-2017, 06:37 AM
wait

greg cuckovich

thats better

lsiberian
02-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Nothing wrong with what he said to me. We do still have a lot of work to do and the Birther thing was definitely stupid. I don't care where someone is born. I care about the job they are doing. Trump needs to get things fixed for the middle class and restore upward mobility to our nation.

Nekofat
02-03-2017, 07:51 AM

Well, it's a remembrance, and a bit of a celebration in some ways," Popovich said, via ESPN's Michael C. Wright. "It sounds odd because we're not there yet, but it's always important to remember what has passed and what is being experienced now by the black population. It's a celebration of some of the good things that have happened, and a reminder that there's a lot more work to do."

I think if people take the time to think about it, I think it is our national sin. It always intrigues me when people come out with, 'I'm tired of talking about that or do we have to talk about race again?' And the answer is you're damned right we do. Because it's always there, and it's systemic in the sense that when you talk about opportunity it's not about 'Well, if you lace up your shoes and you work hard, then you can have the American dream.' That's a bunch of hogwash. If you were born white, you automatically have a monstrous advantage educationally, economically, culturally in this society and all the systemic roadblocks that exist, whether it's in a judicial sense, a neighborhood sense with laws, zoning, education, we have huge problems in that regard that are very complicated, but take leadership, time, and real concern to try to solve. It's a tough one because people don't really want to face it

You had respect for him because he was a good coach, right? Is he still not a good coach? He is giving his perspective on things some people will agree, some people will disagree.

jinda628
02-03-2017, 08:29 AM
He's entitled to his own opinion just like you're entitled to yours.
He is respectable because of his accomplishments in the NBA.

We dont know him personally so its really premature to judge based on what he said.

UWofPeace
02-03-2017, 11:43 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/gregg-popovich-on-black-history-month-a-celebration-but-a-lot-more-work-to-do/?linkId=34078034

Brah your the one getting political on a sports forum, if you want to talk about that there is a another subforum for that.