PDA

View Full Version : Hitting macro goals daily

DandyLion1
01-31-2017, 11:32 AM
So I've read that going above and below your daily calorie intake goal is fine as long as it averages itself out over a few days. Is this the same for protein and fat goals?

For example:
My min protein goal is 100g/day. One day I eat no meat and reach 80g. The next I will eat more meat, eggs, cheese or something and go over my goal, 125g total. (While staying within my caloric total) Same question with fats?

What effect will this have on my progress? Trying to put on muscle slowly using the allpro beginner routine, currently.

Just curious about the science and for future reference, and how strict I need to be with meal planning.

Thanks in advance :)

EjnarKolinkar
01-31-2017, 12:08 PM
I try to meet minimum goals (protein + fat), that is why is set them as minimums.

Sounds like you are just getting started. People tend to get used to what they need to do to reach their minimums in general, and it gets easier as habits form in line.

DandyLion1
01-31-2017, 01:02 PM
I try to meet minimum goals (protein + fat), that is why is set them as minimums.

Sounds like you are just getting started. People tend to get used to what they need to do to reach their minimums in general, and it gets easier as habits form in line.

Yep I am definitely just starting to count everything properly! I'm mostly asking because I try to eat meat as little as possible, and it feels like a lot more effort and less enjoyable for me to hit my total using loads of veggie stuff like lentils and chickpeas etc - it's way easier on a meat day. Would just make life easier to not have to reach it if I went over on a meat day the day before. There's quite a few options I haven't tried like tofu though (and ofc protein powder) so I'll have to do a bit more experimenting!

gbullock32
01-31-2017, 04:59 PM
Yep I am definitely just starting to count everything properly! I'm mostly asking because I try to eat meat as little as possible, and it feels like a lot more effort and less enjoyable for me to hit my total using loads of veggie stuff like lentils and chickpeas etc - it's way easier on a meat day. Would just make life easier to not have to reach it if I went over on a meat day the day before. There's quite a few options I haven't tried like tofu though (and ofc protein powder) so I'll have to do a bit more experimenting!Eggs, milk, yogurt, and cheese are all easy protein sources.

EjnarKolinkar
01-31-2017, 07:06 PM
Eggs, milk, yogurt, and cheese are all easy protein sources.

True. I could hit 100g in dairy products alone and another 75 from grains, legumes, etc pretty easily.

But I eat meat as well, which make for a better variety for me.

Do you like any dairy products OP?

DandyLion1
02-01-2017, 07:03 AM
True. I could hit 100g in dairy products alone and another 75 from grains, legumes, etc pretty easily.

But I eat meat as well, which make for a better variety for me.

Do you like any dairy products OP?

Yeah, I eat dairy, and lots of eggs :) I think my problem is not having much protein in breakfast and not having big enough portions for my other meals. In my chilli I have 120g ground beef and usually only 120g of chicken breast at a time, which probably isn't enough!