PDA

View Full Version : How does rodgers have 10 seconds in the pocket?

waytoodeep03
01-16-2017, 05:08 AM
Lets be real him having all this time is the reason they are on this streak. This is supposed to be pro football. How do teams continually allow him to roll out, stand there for 5 seconds and not get touched? Where is the edge containment? This is what allows his ridiculous hailmary.

That crap pisses me the hell off. No qb at this level should be able to have that freedom. What's worse is no one takes a shot at him to let him know they aren't having that crap.

W1LLW
01-16-2017, 05:29 AM
Lets be real him having all this time is the reason they are on this streak. This is supposed to be pro football. How do teams continually allow him to roll out, stand there for 5 seconds and not get touched? Where is the edge containment? This is what allows his ridiculous hailmary.

That crap pisses me the hell off. No qb at this level should be able to have that freedom. What's worse is no one takes a shot at him to let him know they aren't having that crap.

Fun Fact. In the last 7 games, the packers have played:

Texans #1 Ranked Defense
Vikings #3 Ranked Defense
Giants #10 Ranked Defense
Seahawks #5 Ranked Defense

This isn't Dak or Derek Carr. It's not like Defensive Coordinators don't have enough film on Rodgers lol. It's not like Green Bay's Oline gets extended vacations. This is just the most talented QB in the league slingin cawk with WR talent missing, and a 4th string running back.

Other thread was right. Aaron GOATgers truly does have this entire forum shook.

SlootFlute
01-16-2017, 05:35 AM

Pats fans on suicide watch if he makes the SB

waytoodeep03
01-16-2017, 05:44 AM
Fun Fact. In the last 7 games, the packers have played:

Texans #1 Ranked Defense
Vikings #3 Ranked Defense
Giants #10 Ranked Defense
Seahawks #5 Ranked Defense

This isn't Dak or Derek Carr. It's not like Defensive Coordinators don't have enough film on Rodgers lol. It's not like Green Bay's Oline gets extended vacations. This is just the most talented QB in the league slingin cawk with WR talent missing, and a 4th string running back.

Not just the forum but America is shook.
That sandlot crap shouldn't happen in playoff games. The guy is playing like he is in 5th grade and it's working

W1LLW
01-16-2017, 05:48 AM
That sandlot crap shouldn't happen in playoff games. The guy is playing like he is in 5th grade and it's working

lulz at sandlot. I will just respond to that with Wilson, Kapernick, RG3 at one point, Dak... there are guys considerably younger and more "mobile" than rodgers. you can't coach instinct, feeling pressure, and clutchness.

to answer your point more realistically though. in order to "hit rodgers and let him know you're not gonna tolerate that crap" you have to get to him. that usually involves blitzing. cowboys did bring one blitz in the second half that hit rodgers so hard blindside, i'm surprised he held onto the ball. he didn't see it coming at all. dude just kept trucking though.

Upshall18
01-16-2017, 05:55 AM
Maybe other teams should sell shares to raise money to pay off the refs too? Notice how we barely get called for holding?

Mark Murphy playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers

W1LLW
01-16-2017, 05:59 AM
Maybe other teams should sell shares to raise money to pay off the refs too? Notice how we barely get called for holding?

Mark Murphy playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers

Brd5JXQrHNc

fuking reffs... why can't they just... trip the WR or something. damn near 40 yard pass throwing across the body. do you even clutch?

Belome
01-16-2017, 06:31 AM
He's playing really well. Green Bay as a whole has been solid recently.

With that said, I think just as easily as the switch turned on, it can turn off. And they will be the packers everybody was hating on when they were 4-6 and got blown out by the Redskins.

I got ATL Winning next week, I want it to be a shoot out, but I think ATL wins by two TDs.

lsiberian
01-16-2017, 06:43 AM
Because he does that discount double check. Crazy that we have the top 4 QBs in the league left in the playoffs. I hope this means we are gonna have 3 epic games. Brady vs Big Ben and Rodgers vs Matty ICE. I think Matty actually looked the scariest this weekend.

They basically didn't call holding yesterday unless it was super blatant on either side.

Aesthetical
01-16-2017, 07:00 AM
Atlanta is about to wax that defense next week.

Going to be a falcons/pats superbowl.

W1LLW
01-16-2017, 07:02 AM
Atlanta is about to wax that defense next week.

Going to be a falcons/pats superbowl.

i can see where you would think that when atlanta managed to absolutely WR3K them by a single point during the heart of their slump.

Trapstar4.4
01-16-2017, 07:09 AM
Rodgers will need to go 50+ against the falcons in order to win. Should be interesting

Twerk4it
01-16-2017, 07:29 AM
One of the leagues best O-lines, shame they get no respect cause they're protecting Rodgers.

AriGhold
01-16-2017, 07:32 AM
Well there was a blatant hold that wasn't called on the cook play.

Rodgers is good at moving around in the pocket and avoiding the rush.

Their offensive line is above average and is good at blocking with a QB that doesn't stay in the pocket, which can be hard to do.

waytoodeep03
01-16-2017, 07:40 AM
Well there was a blatant hold that wasn't called on the cook play.

Rodgers is good at moving around in the pocket and avoiding the rush.

Their offensive line is above average and is good at blocking with a QB that doesn't stay in the pocket, which can be hard to do.

Aaron rodgers is playing 7th grade playground football

Everyone else is just....

Doing NoT a damn thing about it

waias15
01-16-2017, 07:42 AM
saw Packers OLine holding on nearly every replay they showed

seanb1979
01-16-2017, 07:46 AM

maybe, just maybe, hes that good? you really think these defenses aren't trying everything? their o-line is just that good too... they work incredibly well as a team... early in the season they had a chump at LT and he didn't have the time he has now

seanb1979
01-16-2017, 07:49 AM
saw Packers OLine holding on nearly every replay they showed

every o-line holds a little... gonna get some slight jersey grabbing on nearly every play... officials just call the blatant ones, and the best linemen know exactly how much they can grab and get away with

plus the packers drill those extended passing plays, and almost everyone else solely drills initial routes/runs, so he and his receivers are on the same page whenever the play extends, and thats a huge advantage.. most teams that just start running around when the coverage is too good, do just that - run around with no rhyme or reason, often converging coverage into 1-2 areas instead of spreading it around intelligently

HoustonMiscer
01-16-2017, 08:14 AM
Sometimes he gets so much time its ridiculous and also he is good at evading the rush and creating more time for himself. I see this sometimes with Brady too

seanb1979
01-16-2017, 08:18 AM
Sometimes he gets so much time its ridiculous and also he is good at evading the rush and creating more time for himself. I see this sometimes with Brady too

brady almost never evades, at least in the games i watch, but hes damn good at standing his ground and delivering knowing hes about to get crushed

DreamerCut
01-16-2017, 08:19 AM

Pretty simple

Best pass blocking OLine unIt Combined with his pocket presence and ability to extend the play

orderoutofchaos
01-16-2017, 10:20 AM
Rodgers has his peripherals on the defense around him and has his eyes locked on his receivers. Brady got that too. All the best qbs do that. Rodgers has the best pocket presence in the league.

Guys like Jay Cutler and Eli Manning can't be elite because they either lock onto receivers and hope and pray not to get hit or they pay attention to the defense and lose sight of receivers but they can rarely Ever do both at once.

5x10
01-16-2017, 10:35 AM
The same reason leveon bell has all day to dance before he hits the hole

The o line

Vitamin0
01-16-2017, 10:38 AM
The same reason leveon bell has all day to dance before he hits the hole

The o line

The same reason why that QB and RB combo in Dallas had a good year

iamgenus
01-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Pretty simple

Best pass blocking OLine unIt Combined with his pocket presence and ability to extend the play

Pretty much as simple as it gets.

Take a good OL and add an elite QB and you get some terrific results.

Guys like Rodgers can make his OL better same way they can make their WRs better but when the OL is good it makes the QB that much better.

5x10
01-16-2017, 10:46 AM
The same reason why that QB and RB combo in Dallas had a good yeardallas isn't the only team with a good line

jakeeck
01-16-2017, 10:59 AM
every o-line holds a little... gonna get some slight jersey grabbing on nearly every play... officials just call the blatant ones, and the best linemen know exactly how much they can grab and get away with

plus the packers drill those extended passing plays, and almost everyone else solely drills initial routes/runs, so he and his receivers are on the same page whenever the play extends, and thats a huge advantage.. most teams that just start running around when the coverage is too good, do just that - run around with no rhyme or reason, often converging coverage into 1-2 areas instead of spreading it around intelligently

this.. of course everyone comes in to say the Packer's O-line does it more because Rodgers is GOATing back there... they're so SHOOK

sammywatkins
01-16-2017, 11:00 AM
Why are people acting like this O line is all time great? Green Bays sack percentage is 16th in the league. Oakland, pitt, NE, new orleans are all top 6. Green bay is pretty much the lowest of any team with an elite qb.

TAWS6
01-16-2017, 11:09 AM
Giants pressured him good in the first half. Then idk what happen... lol

iamgenus
01-16-2017, 12:03 PM
Why are people acting like this O line is all time great? Green Bays sack percentage is 16th in the league. Oakland, pitt, NE, new orleans are all top 6. Green bay is pretty much the lowest of any team with an elite qb.

Nobody said they're all time great but they're very good. Rodgers takes more sacks because he'd rather eat a sack than throw a ball which could get picked off, it's not a terrible strategy given how well he's played but if you hold the ball more you typically get sacked more.

He's also much more mobile than the other QBs you just mentioned which tends to up the sack numbers because the athletic guys scramble around trying to make plays sometimes and get "sacked" for like a 1 yard loss.

PFF is hardly 100% accurate but it's a site lots of people love to use to rank players so here are their OL rankings

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season/

LeonardShelby
01-16-2017, 01:09 PM

That's because Rodgers would rather take a sack than throw the ball out and hurt his passer rating. Seriously the guy usually gets sacked after like 6 seconds in the pocket.

W1LLW
01-16-2017, 01:57 PM
That's because Rodgers would rather take a sack than throw the ball out and hurt his passer rating. Seriously the guy usually gets sacked after like 6 seconds in the pocket.

where's jay cutler sittin these days performance wise?

LeonardShelby
01-16-2017, 02:44 PM
where's jay cutler sittin these days performance wise?

The fact that Cutler sucks doesn't change the fact that Rodgers eats sacks when he shouldn't. Keep trying to deflect from the facts though.

DreamerCut
01-16-2017, 02:53 PM

when you have the ability to make big plays by extending the play, you risk taking the occasional sack like he does. So what...All those big plays easily make up for the sacks he takes.

We get it tho, he's just a stat padder

beer n brats
01-16-2017, 02:57 PM
The fact that Cutler sucks doesn't change the fact that Rodgers eats sacks when he shouldn't. Keep trying to deflect from the facts though.

Last season in 2015 Rodgers set a career high with 38 intentional throwaways. coincidentally he also had a career low in passer rating and completion percentage. Keep making excuses though lmao I love it.

"Rodgers eats sacks to protect his numbers"

"Rodgers throws at the goal line to pad his stats"

I guess I'd be making lame excuses too if my QB was so inferior to another.

LeonardShelby
01-16-2017, 03:13 PM
Last season in 2015 Rodgers set a career high with 38 intentional throwaways. coincidentally he also had a career low in passer rating and completion percentage. Keep making excuses though lmao I love it.

"Rodgers eats sacks to protect his numbers"

"Rodgers throws at the goal line to pad his stats"

I guess I'd be making lame excuses too if my QB was so inferior to another.

Uh you're proving my point? The year he had the most throwaways he had the worst passer rating. That's what happens.

when you have the ability to make big plays by extending the play, you risk taking the occasional sack like he does. So what...All those big plays easily make up for the sacks he takes.

We get it tho, he's just a stat padder

And he got sacked out of field goal range twice against the Giants. What a big play! If the Giants offense was slightly more competent that would have been huge for them.

W1LLW
01-16-2017, 03:14 PM

Wow, can't even talk about his own qb. Don't know those feels.

http://memes.ucoz.com/_nw/18/14234081.jpg

beer n brats
01-16-2017, 03:33 PM
Uh you're proving my point? The year he had the most throwaways he had the worst passer rating. That's what happens.

And he got sacked out of field goal range twice against the Giants. What a big play! If the Giants offense was slightly more competent that would have been huge for them.

but why didn't he just eat 100 sacks and spare his passer rating? you're claiming its what he does so why didn't he do it? :confused:

you need to stop coping so hard. rodgers has better numbers than brady. end of story. make up whatever narrative you please.

Poppingtags
01-16-2017, 03:47 PM

If there is something to criticize rodgers for it is this. Many times ive been rustled he doesn't throw it away. But then he comes back a drive later and instead of throwing it late he makes a huge play late.

Its a risk/reward situation, and usually its a reward.

Poppingtags
01-16-2017, 03:49 PM

He literally is playing like hes at recess in 5th grade

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-rodgers-made-incredible-final-packers-offensive-play-inside-huddle-011617

Cliffs of link:

Rodgers drew up the play to cook at the end of the game in the huddle, telling the receivers where to go.

captaincuck
01-16-2017, 03:51 PM
If we are all being honest Godgers has an insane amount of time to scan the field. I've never really seen anything like it, especially for a team with no running game to keep the pass rush honest

DreamerCut
01-16-2017, 04:03 PM
If we are all being honest Godgers has an insane amount of time to scan the field. I've never really seen anything like it, especially for a team with no running game to keep the pass rush honest

Yeah, and his presence and movement in the pocket are the primary reason for it...His O-Line is a great pass blocking unit but their not elite like the Cowboys or Raiders.

Teams also play containment when pass rushing him because if the pass rushers try to speed rush to the outside and get too far behind, Rodgers will just scramble for a first down.

captaincuck
01-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Yeah, and his presence and movement in the pocket are the primary reason for it...His O-Line is a great pass blocking unit but their not elite like the Cowboys or Raiders.

Teams also play containment when pass rushing him because if the pass rushers try to speed rush to the outside and get too far behind, Rodgers will just scramble for a first down.

Honestly I agree and disagree. I think the absurd amount of time he's had is less to do with him making PPl miss than it is d lines playing contain so he doesn't get outside the pocket

tonyparker69
01-16-2017, 06:07 PM

PFF ranks them the 5th best line with an average score of 83.14. They're great, barely behind the Cowboys, who were surprisingly 3rd at 84.26. Titans actually had the best line in the league per PFF.

That doesn't really distinguish between pass and run blocking though. GB line is damn great at pass blocking and Dallas' better at run blocking.

waytoodeep03
01-16-2017, 06:27 PM
He literally is playing like hes at recess in 5th grade

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-rodgers-made-incredible-final-packers-offensive-play-inside-huddle-011617

Cliffs of link:

Rodgers drew up the play to cook at the end of the game in the huddle, telling the receivers where to go.

See i knew it. You could tell these guys are making plays up on the fly. There is no analytics just old fashioned playground football

beer n brats
01-16-2017, 06:51 PM
Godgers calling his own shot just like his fellow GOAT Babe Ruth. just GOAT things babyyyy

XterraRob
01-16-2017, 07:12 PM
Look at the benefits of Rodgers sitting in the pocket, it fits his homo-erotic fantasies perfect.
By sitting in the pocket longer, he gets to not only check out his strong and powerful lineman working hard to protect him but it also increases his chances of getting sacked - which lo and behold, he probably is in favor of since it's dude on dude contact.