PDA

View Full Version : Mrpb or anybody who remembers that research about protein before mornings workout

Pungiish
01-04-2017, 05:40 AM
Could someone link me the study about having a protein shake before a workout in the morning after being fasted is better than working out fasted, please?

Someone from another thread asked about it and i want to show him the study about it.

Mrpb
01-04-2017, 08:16 AM
I don't think that specific study has been performed yet.

If people prefer working out fasted that's alright. However, if they're more advanced and trying to maximise muscle gain it's probably not ideal.

Science suggests that:
- pre workout protein works just as well as post workout protein.
- a greater spread of protein (larger eating window) tends to lead to greater 24h MPS, which correlates with ~90% with actual muscle gain.
- some carbs in the pre workout period tends to help with total power output and work performed.
- total work performed tends to correlate with actual muscle gain.

Pungiish
01-04-2017, 08:53 AM
I don't think that specific study has been performed yet.

If people prefer working out fasted that's alright. However, if they're more advanced and trying to maximise muscle gain it's probably not ideal.

Science suggests that:
- pre workout protein works just as well as post workout protein.
- a greater spread of protein (larger eating window) tends to lead to greater 24h MPS, which correlates with ~90% with actual muscle gain.
- some carbs in the pre workout period tends to help with total power output and work performed.
- total work performed tends to correlate with actual muscle gain.

Or was it before cardio? I bet you once posted a study saying that... Was i dreaming? Lol

Mrpb
01-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Or was it before cardio? I bet you once posted a study saying that... Was i dreaming? Lol

Ah now I know.

http://www.thenutritiondr.com/single-post/2016/07/14/FASTED-CARDIO-OVERVIEW

Pungiish
01-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Ah now I know.

http://www.thenutritiondr.com/single-post/2016/07/14/FASTED-CARDIO-OVERVIEW
That's the one, thank you very much!