PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else bored with basketball?

cgr5
12-30-2016, 05:39 AM
There's no creativity or personality in basketball anymore. It's just threes and layups. Every other sport revolves around getting to or extremely close to some goal to score, but in basketball they stop well short of the basket to shoot, not because they get stopped by a defense, but because it's worth more points. It would be like getting more points for longer touchdowns or deep shots in soccer. It kills all of the heart and passion in the game, to have to get to the other team's goal or protect yours at all costs, and it replaces it with "spacing." It's very boring and tedious.

Every team looks pretty similar. They can't even make high school mixtapes anymore because every player looks the same and it's so many 3s, let alone on the higher levels. You can tell guys just aren't having as much fun playing now. There's no way guys like AI or Kobe would be skipping games in their primes like players do today, not because they're a different breed, but because each game was a fight and players lived for that competition. Players now just seem bored, so they're fine skipping games.

Steph Curry won 2 straight MVPs without seeing a double team. Is Steph Curry better than Kobe? IDK they play different sports. IMO isolation ball is entertaining when it's someone imposing his will on the other team, with physical defense and mammoth big guys in the way, but it's boring when someone just pulls up the same three or drives on one skinny dude. Give me AI/Kobe over Steph/Harden all day, from a viewer's perspective.

I don't care what's efficient or what the analytics say, just make the game entertaining.

Other issues like too much youth, lack of contending teams, and too much replay are all killers too.

/rant

Thoughts?

Spill512
12-30-2016, 06:18 AM
reg season stopped being entertaining when LBJ started the superteam by colluding trend. Now it's come to a point where we're waiting 7 months or w/e it is to get to a point that we already know 90% is going to happen...Warriors and Cavs in the finals.

FakeRabona
12-30-2016, 07:56 AM
reg season stopped being entertaining when LBJ started the superteam by colluding trend. Now it's come to a point where we're waiting 7 months or w/e it is to get to a point that we already know 90% is going to happen...Warriors and Cavs in the finals.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RareSoftBluet-size_restricted.gif

Spill512
12-30-2016, 08:26 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RareSoftBluet-size_restricted.gif

wtf

Cavs take so many Ls that they drafted Wiggins and he turned into Liggins

AreolaBorealis
12-30-2016, 08:55 AM
Too many free throws there is a stoppage every 30 sec because of some bullchit foul

chlaxman
12-30-2016, 08:58 AM
You realize spacing opens up lanes to the basket, right?

I mean, right?

Sema2015
12-30-2016, 09:10 AM
pointless to watch the NBA until the finals.

AlienUnseen
12-30-2016, 12:31 PM
When my team was good it was fun watching basketball (Heat). Usually when my team sucks I'll watch good teams battle it out. Well not this year especially after the move by KD.

It threw off the whole NBA. Now the Warriors are blowing every team without even trying. There only competition is the cavaliers. I might as well just wait for the finals.

I think the NBA should definitely stop this super team nonsense. When it happened in Miami I was happy cuz that's my team and I was bias and happy with winning but when I see other teams do it now that I'm not blinded by bias and how it affects the entire NBA, I quickly realized it's a problem.

No more super teams And the league should even out the competition.

KlayBrah2
12-30-2016, 12:54 PM
When my team was good it was fun watching basketball (Heat). Usually when my team sucks I'll watch good teams battle it out. Well not this year especially after the move by KD.

It threw off the whole NBA. Now the Warriors are blowing every team without even trying. There only competition is the cavaliers. I might as well just wait for the finals.

I think the NBA should definitely stop this super team nonsense. When it happened in Miami I was happy cuz that's my team and I was bias and happy with winning but when I see other teams do it now that I'm not blinded by bias and how it affects the entire NBA, I quickly realized it's a problem.

Lol! Props for at least admitting your bias brah

Agreed though. The super team chit has been killing the NBA since 2007

The new CBA deal gives players an incentive to stick with the team that drafted them so we shall see if that changes things

I think the TV ratings for this years finals will be great. However, next year, they're going to go through the floor if new fresh competition doesn't appear and it's the same old same old

AngusPeppered
12-30-2016, 12:58 PM
This won't happen but NBA would be more exciting with fewer games. They play so many games that they're not giving it their all each game and they're playing like they're pacing themselves for a long grueling season hence why you see more 3s and pull up shots rather than pounding the ball to the hoop

KlayBrah2
12-30-2016, 01:03 PM
This won't happen but NBA would be more exciting with fewer games. They play so many games that they're not giving it their all each game and they're playing like they're pacing themselves for a long grueling season hence why you see more 3s and pull up shots rather than pounding the ball to the hoopWont happen because the NBA and NHL have duel arena deals and obviously networks pay billions to broadcast NBA games and they're not giving content back

nikonD70s
12-30-2016, 04:11 PM
yep, stopped watching nba now. its pretty boring and not as competitive as before in my opinion. all they do is run and gun now. defense dont exist anymore. refs calling stupid fouls. refs are dictating games more then ever before with obvious bad calls to favor certain players/teams. players are getting lazy and not giving a fuk about games brb rest days lol wtf. i think the high pay is making players not give a chit. i dont think players are getting better. they just look better cuz the nba is more fast pace and everybody jacks up 3 and the no defense is letting them score tons. i mean just look at the scores nowadays. everybody is scoring in the 100's easily. any of u remember back then when it was all about defense? the only team that was run and gun was phoenix and gs? and it got them nowhere cuz every other teams actually played D. will only watch when playoff comes

HotCheetos
12-30-2016, 04:23 PM
Too many touchy fouls called
Bias of refs towards star players instead of calling the game equally for all players
Players don't try until 4th quarter of reg season games
Lack of depth in talent
Too much stopping in the game
Allowing player 4+ steps when rules already favor offensive players

chlaxman
12-30-2016, 05:29 PM

Yeah the NBA had so much more parity in the 80s...when most of y'all think the NBA was the best.

Slamt
12-30-2016, 05:31 PM

Think the new CBA helps with this somewhat. If you have a ALL-NBA player that's homegrown you can pay him like 60+million extra over course of a max contract compared to other teams or some chit.

Elusive1601
12-30-2016, 06:02 PM
That lack of creativity you speak of is the lack of pure scorers.

Back in early 2000s the league was filled with versatile talent. even mother fkin michael redd would rek half of these twerps out there that rely on screens to do literally anything.

the usual rebuttal is something along the lines of ball movement or better shooters and dribblers.

while true there are some fascinating pure shooters out there, they cannot score in an explosive manner like the OGs could in a 1v1 manner, which is the true measure of a scorer's ability, and you will see it during playoff times when players like curry get stumped when real defensive strategy is applied with force.

either way there are still some real exciting young players

kyrie irving is the real deal imo

edit:

forgot that boy isaiah thomas... cold af