PDA

View Full Version : 3 months transformation(/w pics) and advice me for my next goal

vasskon
12-10-2016, 01:14 PM
First of all thank you all for advising me to lose my excess weight 3 months ago. It already feels great :)
Started from 80kg (176 pounds) and now I'm at 74kg (163 pounds).

Stats.
Weight: 74kg (163 pounds)
Height: 1.77m (5'10)
I've been lifting for 3 months(skipped the gym like 10 times though). 2-3 times a week.
Program: Stronglifts 5x5

Squat: Undefined - Trying to fix it at the moment ('cause of butt winks, back pain etc.)
Bench P: 63kg (138 pounds)
Barbell Row: 35kg (77pounds)
Overhead Press: 35kg (77 pounds)
Deadlift: 60kg (132 pounds)
I also do cardio almost always and work my abs when I feel like it. I also use my bicycle for at least 30min everyday to commute.

Nutrition: Constitutional Food(from my university) - I'm trying to get the healthiest choice every time. I also learned how to count how much I need to eat to lose, maintain or gain weight(By guessing and using a scale everyday for 2 months!).
I can't get my own food yet, I'm still a college student with no money.

My thoughts so far:
My first goal was to lose my belly and I'm happy with the outcome. I see progress on my lifts and I'm ok with the progress so far. I always add more and more kilos each time I visit the gym. Now, I want to minimize my curve at the 'love handles' and get a leaner face.

What's the best approach? I'm thinking of going for a 4 months lean bulk (gaining 0.5 pounds a week until I reach 78kg (171 pounds)) and then start a cut again for some summer action! :) .

Is a 4 month lean bulk worth it? How much weight would you recommend cutting after the bulk? Any opinions are welcome. Also, can anyone tell me a rough estimate of my body fat(visually)?

Thompsta
12-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Good progress so far mate.
If you'd prefer to be leaner with a little less muscle then you should cut, but if you don't mind keeping a bit of fat then you should bulk.
If you're torn between the two then imo you should cut; the last thing you want is to be half way through a bulk wishing you started out leaner.

vinilzordd
12-10-2016, 02:36 PM
I know cutting sucks, but given you still have a good amount of fat to lose it is wise to stick with it. This way you won't have to worry much with the fat gains that comes along with your slow bulk. There's no such thing as 100% lean bulk, unfortunately.

codsterlaing95
12-10-2016, 09:04 PM
I'd personally cut maybe like 10-15 more lbs and see where you end up. Would you give you a better base to bulk from.

HamzaZaidAS
12-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Good progress!

As one of the other members said, I would personally continue cutting for another 1-2 months and see where you stand then.

The leaner you are, the easier it is to bulk up in my opinion and from my personal experience.

So cut for a little longer, and then once you feel you are ready, gradually start to increase your caloric intake for a bulk!

Good luck! :)

Mrpb
12-11-2016, 12:04 AM
You haven't been following Stronglifts progression scheme. If you did, you would have different numbers by now.

Stop cutting and don't bulk yet. Instead starting eat enough calories to fuel your progress.

Fran1211
12-11-2016, 01:21 AM
Well done so far !

I would probably keep cutting for a bit till you can start to see your abs, then go for a lean bulk.
You are around 18% I guess, so you are not far.

PS work on your deadlift ;)