PDA

View Full Version : Craving Sugary foods

lococamoko
12-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Hi guys,
So this year I started taking my body really seriously, exercising very frequently (running and going to the gym) and eating properly. I count pretty much all the calories I consume, and try to stay under 1800 calories a day (I am a 67.5 kg, 1.78m guy which is about 149 lbs and 5'10'').
I'm by no means under eating, as I'm usually not hungry during the day (unless its just before a meal or after a workout), but occasionally I get strong cravings for sugar. I'm talking chocolate, candy or cookies (bad sugars/fats). I normally have muesli bars or fruit whenever I feel these cravings, but sometimes it's not enough and I still feel the urge to eat these sweets, even though I'm not actually hungry (can happen right after a meal). I've noticed it usually happens on days where I don't do much, for example days when I'm working/sat down a lot.
Any tips/ideas on what I could do to fix this?
Thanks

dipatel13
12-08-2016, 04:03 PM
Stop being so restrictive with your diet and fit those foods into your diet.
Eat more than 1800 cals, you're at a low weight for your height and need to start slowly gaining weight.

BrightonBomber
12-08-2016, 04:22 PM
1800 calories is under eating, which is why you are craving sugar to give your flagging energy reserves a quick boost.

Some people find it easy to ignore hunger or just don't feel hungry even when under eating you can't always trust your appetite. The fact you get these cravings on days off when you are not distracted from your hunger proves this. Gradually up your calories and learn to incorporate foods you like into your diet and you'll have fewer cravings.

EjnarKolinkar
12-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Hmm well I'd gain weight slowly over many months, lift weights, eat more calories and include some sweets for a treat that fit into my lifestyle.

But that is me, my wants, needs, and goals.

ErikTheElectric
12-08-2016, 07:26 PM
REstriction ---> Cravings.

If you want the cravings to diminish, start including these so called "sugary foods" in your diet with moderation.

Pungiish
12-08-2016, 11:51 PM
REstriction ---> Cravings.

If you want the cravings to diminish, start including these so called "sugary foods" in your diet with moderation.
In moderation being the key word.

Btw nice new avi

TrainBetter
12-09-2016, 12:23 AM
You need to be eating more. You're eating in my calorie range and I'm a 5ft7 female.

For sugar cravings, eat grapes and berries as opposed to candy and other treats. But still, increase the amount of healthy food you are taking in.

loopinloonie
12-09-2016, 12:32 AM
Eat more protein and foods that are low GI to stop the insulin spikes.

ErikTheElectric
12-09-2016, 12:49 AM
Eat more protein and foods that are low GI to stop the insulin spikes.

Please refrain from giving further advice.

Lucas7F
12-09-2016, 02:14 AM
I can totally relate with your situation when I am on a low-carbs diet as well. The craving for sugar is just immense, especially so on off-training days. The reason why you don't crave as much during those days you worked out is because after exercise, your body as release endorphins (happy hormone) and some other hormones which can help to curb those cravings.

Nevertheless, if you have strong urge for sugar as well, try some food substitutes (instead of consuming simple sugars such as sweets, cakes etc.).

Food substitutes can include dark chocolate, fruits and many more.

Be sure to eat in moderate amounts as well!

Cheers!

Mrpb
12-09-2016, 04:04 AM
I try to stay under 1800 calories a day (I am a 67.5 kg, 1.78m guy which is about 149 lbs and 5'10'').

Why on earth are you cutting? You're underweight!

Start eating like a man.

No wonder you're craving sugar.