PDA

View Full Version : I can't get 3000CALORIES Per day

HardGainer001
12-04-2016, 10:49 PM
I need a meal plan cause I cant seem to get 3000calories at the end of the day for the life of me, and even if I do I cant stick to it, some days I will whilst others I wont have enough high caloric foods.

Any advice?

Why are you trying to eat 3000 kcal per day? You are 17. Eat when you are hungry and train hard. That's all you need to do while trying to grow at your age.
I have a very hard time gaining weight you have absolutely no clue. I consume 2000calories perday, thats not enough to gain weight. I am only 50kg for a 17 year old at 5'7

So as you can see I am like 10kg underweight and need at least 60kg for my age. I also DO eat when im hungry thats just bad advice, the issue is I needed higher calories but I cant do that everyday so anyone got some advice?

dipatel13
12-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Why did you make a duplicate thread?

Just eat more. Ask for seconds, eat some high calorie and less filling foods. Munch on some nuts or trail mix throughout the day to make sure you're getting enough calories so you're no longer underweight.

Why can't you get higher calories every day? What's stopping you from eating more?

HardGainer001
12-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Why did you make a duplicate thread?

Just eat more. Ask for seconds, eat some high calorie and less filling foods. Munch on some nuts or trail mix throughout the day to make sure you're getting enough calories so you're no longer underweight.

Why can't you get higher calories every day? What's stopping you from eating more?
Not enough high caloric foods, which is why I need suggestions on how I can get easy calories maybe suggest good foods.

edit; other then that I can consume a lot, I dont have a low appetite like some skinny guys I just dont have the right food

Thanks

dipatel13
12-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Easy high calorie foods: cheeseburgers, pizza, nuts, trail mix, milk, oils, just to name a few.

If you CAN consume a lot, why don't you just eat more food?

KyleAaron
12-04-2016, 11:40 PM
In a quart of milk there are 400kcal. Drink 2 of those a day.

In one egg there are 70kcal. Put 3 of these in one of your quarts of milk.

This will add 1,000kcal and 80g protein to your intake each day.

ErikTheElectric
12-04-2016, 11:44 PM
Not enough high caloric foods, which is why I need suggestions on how I can get easy calories maybe suggest good foods.

edit; other then that I can consume a lot, I dont have a low appetite like some skinny guys I just dont have the right food

Thanks

Doubtful, or else you wouldn't be in the situation that you're currently in.

HaydeeDjinn
12-04-2016, 11:48 PM
eat an avocado. have a bar of chocolate. Eat a slice of toast with peanut butter.

it's easy stuff.

HamzaZaidAS
12-05-2016, 12:12 AM
If you are eating super clean, it may be worth trying to add some dirty/calorie dense food if you're not being able to reach 3,000 calories a day.
For me, it's quite easy to hit the 3,000 mark in a day, even if I'm eating clean, but yes with some people, it is a little harder.

Try adding foods that are higher in calories, even if they aren't exactly the cleanest.

ErikTheElectric
12-05-2016, 12:24 AM
If you are eating super clean, it may be worth trying to add some dirty/calorie dense food if you're not being able to reach 3,000 calories a day.
For me, it's quite easy to hit the 3,000 mark in a day, even if I'm eating clean, but yes with some people, it is a little harder.

Try adding foods that are higher in calories, even if they aren't exactly the cleanest.

There is no such thing as "Clean" or "dirty" food.

Heisman2
12-05-2016, 02:10 AM
You are not making any sense. What makes you think you need to go from 2000 kcals all the way to 3000 kcals per day? If you do not have a low appetite but you are somewhat underweight then you either have a medical issues or you are not eating when you are hungry. I stand by my advice.

brunoes
12-05-2016, 02:27 AM
I would starve if I were to stay on 2000kcal/day lol

HamzaZaidAS
12-05-2016, 02:53 AM
There is no such thing as "Clean" or "dirty" food.
Okay.

HardGainer001
12-05-2016, 02:54 AM
Doubtful, or else you wouldn't be in the situation that you're currently in.
I said I CAN consume a lot not I DO consume a lot, theres a difference. I just dont seem to have the right food.

gbullock32
12-05-2016, 03:49 AM
I said I CAN consume a lot not I DO consume a lot, theres a difference. I just dont seem to have the right food.Milk, peanut butter, olive oil; blend that for easy calories.

DGMan99
12-05-2016, 06:39 AM
Okay.

What is this "eating clean" you speak of?

Whether I eat before or after showering, I still consume over 3000 calories.

Robosco
12-05-2016, 07:17 AM
A dirty food is like a pizza dropped on the floor and stayed there for more than 5 seconds.

Oatmealman99
12-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Okay.as long as op washes his fruit and vegetables his food should be clean

desslok
12-05-2016, 07:47 AM
I said I CAN consume a lot not I DO consume a lot, theres a difference. I just dont seem to have the right food.

So get the right food then. Another problem solved by desslok.

BuildKing
12-05-2016, 08:31 AM
Eat foods that have alot of calories but are very empty of micronutrients and fiber, such as ur usual "junk food", sweets, chocolate bars, cookies etc.. Specialy at the start of ur day.
Foods that are calorie dense are also good such as peanut butter, nuts etc... but I would advise you to eat them towards the end of the day to really get the full benefits, because even tho you can eat alot of calories with them as they contain alot of calories in a very small volume, they do make you full for a long time.

Do make sure you get enough micronutrients and fiber tho, not saying you should cut that, just add some foods that are not very satiating.

AdamWW
12-05-2016, 08:53 AM
I need a meal plan cause I cant seem to get 3000calories at the end of the day for the life of me, and even if I do I cant stick to it, some days I will whilst others I wont have enough high caloric foods.

Any advice?

I have a very hard time gaining weight you have absolutely no clue. I consume 2000calories perday, thats not enough to gain weight. I am only 50kg for a 17 year old at 5'7

So as you can see I am like 10kg underweight and need at least 60kg for my age. I also DO eat when im hungry thats just bad advice, the issue is I needed higher calories but I cant do that everyday so anyone got some advice?

No one is going to give you a 'plan' beyond basic recommendations. We don't know what you like to eat. Learn to read nutrition labels, specifically the line that says "calories", and learn addition.

Problem solved.

vsportsguy
12-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Cereal stimulates my appetite like crazy. I can't stop eating the stuff. You can snack on nuts or add them to your cereals/oatmeal. Same thing with adding peanut butter.

I used to have a pb and j sandwhich and a glass of milk before going to bed every night. Gaining weight is so easy.

blue9steel
12-05-2016, 12:19 PM
the issue is I needed higher calories but I cant do that everyday so anyone got some advice?

Eat tastier food. So many good choices it boggles my mind that you can't fit in another 1000 calories.

Onlyspoons
12-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Some people need the discipline to eat less in order to be the weight they want.

Some people need the discipline to eat more.

Make it easy for yourself by choosing tasty food. Beyond that, you just have to put the work in and do what needs to be done.

bubbasparx
12-23-2016, 02:56 PM
Breakfast
1000 kcal shake consisting of milk peanut butter banana whey protein oats

Lunch
4 bread with 2 bananas peanut butter and honey in them wash away with milk 1000 kcal

Dinner
Ribeye steak french fries with mayo and veggies 1000 kcal

3000 kcal

ErikTheElectric
12-23-2016, 07:27 PM
Breakfast
1000 kcal shake consisting of milk peanut butter banana whey protein oats

Lunch
4 bread with 2 bananas peanut butter and honey in them wash away with milk 1000 kcal

Dinner
Ribeye steak french fries with mayo and veggies 1000 kcal

3000 kcal

Mindblown!

sxgt
12-24-2016, 01:45 PM
2 mc ribs would be 1100 calories. Alternatively just about any value meal is around 800 calories.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/what-does-1000-calories-look-different-fast-food-chains

aquamarine84
12-24-2016, 03:58 PM
I think I ate 3k just in cookies today. Don't limit yourself to clean foods. If all else fails, I have peanut butter and coconut oil to add to my nightly yogurt to make up calories.

EjnarKolinkar
12-24-2016, 04:26 PM
Cereal stimulates my appetite like crazy. I can't stop eating the stuff. You can snack on nuts or add them to your cereals/oatmeal. Same thing with adding peanut butter.

I used to have a pb and j sandwhich and a glass of milk before going to bed every night. Gaining weight is so easy.

x2

Big bowl of coco dyno bites. Goes down like a diet soda. Handful of almonds or pecans after.

Eulao9
12-24-2016, 04:49 PM
I will never understand these guys who say they can't eat a certain amount of calories. For Christ sake have a chocolate bar, a doughnut, shake, anything. It's not hard

lmcfreekz
12-25-2016, 12:06 AM
I need to get circa 4000kcal/day in when I'm bulking...

You find yourself little hacks to get to the number...

An obvious way would be to get more fat in your diet since it's the most calorie dense at 9kcal per gram... I do a litre of milk a day... do a spoonful or two of peanut butter out of the jar or on some wholemeal bread if I want to get a few additional carbs in... eggs are a great way to get a good fix of fat and protein...

Move away from something as lean as chicken breast and go for a thigh... or move from chicken entirely onto cuts of beef or fish since you'll get protein plus the additional fat in there, again helping you achieve your calorie number...