PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady almost 40 and still dominating???

Chepserpas
11-30-2016, 11:35 PM
Honestly how much longer will he go?? I can see him playing another 5 years, it's like he's getting better as he gets older. I'm a raiders fan and I hope he chooses to retire soon lol

freudslip
11-30-2016, 11:39 PM
Well at some point something will give and he won't be able to throw or play as well. I think eventually age always comes into play. Also their bodies won't recover from all the hits they take or the healing process is slower. John Elway said something like in his final years he hurt more and more the next day after getting hit.

Chepserpas
11-30-2016, 11:47 PM
Well at some point something will give and he won't be able to throw or play as well. I think eventually age always comes into play. Also their bodies won't recover from all the hits they take or the healing process is slower. John Elway said something like in his final years he hurt more and more the next day after getting hit.

Yea who knows when he will starting showing he's age, the pats are so well coached that it doesn't matter who they throw out there, they always seem to be good. Belicheck is the greatest coach of all time imo.

beer n brats
12-01-2016, 03:40 AM
No one cares about that tainted fraud.

Here come the Brady fuk boys

W1LLW
12-01-2016, 04:57 AM
Honestly how much longer will he go?? I can see him playing another 5 years.

lmao. brady is playing great but can you even name one qb that played elite after 41?

2017 or 2018, the same thing will happen to brady as every other qb in the history of mankind. he will fall off.

woody19
12-01-2016, 05:50 AM
I'm 29 and I pulled something in my shoulder reaching for the remote, can't imagine being hit by a 255lb monster

sammywatkins
12-01-2016, 05:54 AM

http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

Never seen a player that had such a minor role in the team be credited with like all of the success. Its like saying bruce bowen was the catalyst for the spurs dynasty. Or knoblauch for the yankees.

-Fletch-
12-01-2016, 06:00 AM

You know, that’s an unfortunate mindset you’ve got there.

iamgenus
12-01-2016, 06:13 AM
lmao. brady is playing great but can you even name one qb that played elite after 41?

2017 or 2018, the same thing will happen to brady as every other qb in the history of mankind. he will fall off.

How many played at such a high level at this point though? Not many. You are correct though, as they say time has a perfect win record so it will catch up with anyone.

Brady has a chance to get further at a higher level than anyone because of his ridiculous over the top diet and the fact that he gets the ball out so quickly most of the time cutting down the amount of hits he takes. But really as with any player it can end in a hurry. Manning probably could've played a lot longer if not for his injury.

Personally I hope Brady plays at a high level as long as possible. It's going to be a sad day when the guy retires. I'm kind of scared of what the NFL will look like 10 years from now in terms of QB play.

W1LLW
12-01-2016, 06:27 AM
Manning probably could've played a lot longer if not for his injury.

Personally I hope Brady plays at a high level as long as possible. It's going to be a sad day when the guy retires. I'm kind of scared of what the NFL will look like 10 years from now in terms of QB play.
Nah man. Time is the great equalizer.

2013 37year old Manning:
5,477yards. 55TDs. 10INTs. 83.9QBR

2015 39year old Manning:
2,249yards. 9TDs. 17INTs. 47.2QBR

And all that 2015 season they were saying how peyton still made great decisions. still an awesome game manager. but there was just the slightest lack of "zip" on the ball. it happens to all the greats. sticking with my original hypothesis. 2017 or 2018 will be the unraveling of the Brady era.

also Dak and Carr are showing great promise for the next generation for franchise play

SoutheastBeast1
12-01-2016, 06:32 AM

I doubt it. Brady is untouchable. The guy just keeps going. Keeps getting more attractive with age too no homo.

I think the King can play until 50 the way he's going if he wanted.

I just can't imagine Tom Brady "declining" and being forced to retire. If anything it's more likely that one day he'll wake up and just decide he's done all he came to do and take his greatness elsewhere.

TsarChasm
12-01-2016, 06:47 AM
Injury barring he can physically play for a few more years.

Im only 31 and never had an injury throughout playing football throughout all of my younger years and lifting for over 10 plus years. This year. I have had two. It creeps up on you.

stevedarsh
12-01-2016, 08:10 AM
I'm 29 and I pulled something in my shoulder reaching for the remote, can't imagine being hit by a 255lb monster

i know those feels. i was doing clean and jerk with 265lbs easily until i was walking my 35lb dog who darted for a squirrel and popped something in my shoulder. my freaking shoulder wasn't right for 8 months, could barely raise it above parallel with the ground. Thought it would never heal.

im 30 and have aches in pains in nearly every joint from a lifetime of amateur sports and weightlifting, and i've never had a major injury to the point like where i required an MRI. can't imagine getting nailed by pro defensive tackles until I'm 40.

freudslip
12-01-2016, 08:13 AM
Injury barring he can physically play for a few more years.

Im only 31 and never had an injury throughout playing football throughout all of my younger years and lifting for over 10 plus years. This year. I have had two. It creeps up on you.

Just recently I noticed i'm having knee issues on squats. I am not sure how much longer I will be able to do them even with low weight/high reps and a good warm up. Form is good to.

Vhagar
12-01-2016, 08:21 AM

And yet Erin Fraudgers is the one who's ability has taken a hit since ball inflation started to matter

Vhagar
12-01-2016, 08:24 AM
I doubt it. Brady is untouchable. The guy just keeps going. Keeps getting more attractive with age too no homo.

I think the King can play until 50 the way he's going if he wanted.

I just can't imagine Tom Brady "declining" and being forced to retire. If anything it's more likely that one day he'll wake up and just decide he's done all he came to do and take his greatness elsewhere.

I'm a huge Brady fan, but you never know. Look at Peyton, from 55 TDs to one of the worst qbs in football in a year.

I don't think it'll happen like that to Brady, but it can all change pretty quick

freudslip
12-01-2016, 08:32 AM
I'm a huge Brady fan, but you never know. Look at Peyton, from 55 TDs to one of the worst qbs in football in a year.

I don't think it'll happen like that to Brady, but it can all change pretty quick

He went downhill in two years from 2013 to 2015. There are other variables such as his offensive line but he became a shell of his former self. Broncos D played lights out in Superbowl 50 and Manning didn't make too many mistakes in that game.

W1LLW
12-01-2016, 08:38 AM
And yet Erin Fraudgers is the one who's ability has taken a hit since ball inflation started to matter

aaron is fine, this is a bad year for him as his supporting cast sucks. even so, this is allegedly a year where he is "exposed" and playing horrible yet...

http://i.imgur.com/Dvs66Ch.png

I don't blindly wave the "aaron is goat" banner, but his personal performance (not team) has been significantly dramatized.

Vhagar
12-01-2016, 08:39 AM
He went downhill in two years from 2013 to 2015. There are other variables such as his offensive line but he became a shell of his former self. Broncos D played lights out in Superbowl 50 and Manning didn't make too many mistakes in that game.

I meant with a year between them

From the top of his game, to good, to awful

Vhagar
12-01-2016, 08:40 AM
aaron is fine, this is a bad year for him as his supporting cast sucks. even so, this is allegedly a year where he is "exposed" and playing horrible yet...

http://i.imgur.com/Dvs66Ch.png

That's a nonsense stat

iamgenus
12-01-2016, 08:42 AM

Technically it was 2 years between his 55 TD season and his garbage season last year. Not sure if that's considered going out on top or bottom...but whatever.

Brady is arguably playing some of his best football right now but just with the ankle injury he's not the same guy so there will be a decline in his play. Does he get injured more now because he can't do some of the same things he did when fully healthy?

It's really hard to predict because this is really unprecedented. Not many guys who have played at such a high level at this age and also had the insane drive and diet that Brady does.

Favre had a great season at 40 but the guy was "retiring" like 3 years before that and that guy certainly wasn't eating the same crazy chit as Brady or taking care of himself the same way. Not to mention he was a very different QB. He fell off big time at 41 and then officially retired.

Who else?

Warren Moon played alright after 39 and played til he was 44 but it wasn't the same level as Brady. Vinny Testaverde? He played til he was 44 but not very well.

freudslip
12-01-2016, 08:43 AM
I meant with a year between them

From the top of his game, to good, to awful

Yeah it's hard to tell with Brady he might go the way of Manning pretty soon. The question for the Pats is if they can (or want to keep Garoppolo) once his contract his up. I think the Pats are expecting him to make a lot of money in free agency.

W1LLW
12-01-2016, 08:53 AM

2013 37year old Manning:

2014 38year old Manning
4,727yards. 39TDs. 15INTs. 74.8QBR

2015 39year old Manning:

Technically it was 2 years between his 55 TD season and his garbage season last year. Not sure if that's considered going out on top or bottom...but whatever

added the missing season in bold which had a bit of writing on the wall. I will say this from 2014 to 2015 (or 37 to 38years old) Brady threw 600 more yards, 3 more TDs and 2 less INTs.

it will be interesting to watch how and when Brady unravels.

Redfish225
12-01-2016, 08:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QWKDS9P.png

freudslip
12-01-2016, 08:59 AM

2013 37year old Manning:

2015 39year old Manning:

And all that 2015 season they were saying how peyton still made great decisions. still an awesome game manager. but there was just the slightest lack of "zip" on the ball. it happens to all the greats. sticking with my original hypothesis. 2017 or 2018 will be the unraveling of the Brady era.

also Dak and Carr are showing great promise for the next generation for franchise play

Wow his numbers dropped. I also believe at home Manning only threw one touchdown at Mile high the entire regular season. Pats fans were pointing that out before the AFCCG.

tekkenbruh
12-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Last game vs Jets, if those 4 brahs didn't do their best to avoid him when he was trying to run in front of the ball carrier, his career would probably be over. Imagine getting ran over by a total of 800+ lbs of full speed force

W1LLW
12-01-2016, 09:22 AM
That's a nonsense stat

Being the 4th best QB in the entire NFL after 11 games is a nonsense stat?

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/nick-young-confused-face.jpg

HoustonMiscer
12-01-2016, 09:27 AM
"I'm a Raiders fan"

Prove it fuking phaggot

dmoneythegoat
12-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Last game vs Jets, if those 4 brahs didn't do their best to avoid him when he was trying to run in front of the ball carrier, his career would probably be over. Imagine getting ran over by a total of 800+ lbs of full speed forcekeep spinning it that way breh. They didn't want to be known as the guys who got pancaked by Tom terrific.

Notsrs

captaincuck
12-01-2016, 02:13 PM
That's a nonsense stat

this

KingBjorn
12-01-2016, 02:53 PM
this
But how though

LeonardShelby
12-01-2016, 04:15 PM
But how though

3rd all-time QBR
3 Tim Tebow, DEN W 29-23 vs PIT on 1/8/12 8.3 6.7 2.6 0.6 9.9 33 97.2

In a game where Demaryius Thomas literally averaged like 50 yards of YAC per catch.

Also Rodgers has 1 game in the top 30 QBR games compared to Brady's 6. Hell Joe Flacco has 2 in the top 30 compared to Rodgers. Guess Joe Flacco is a better QB than Rodgers.