PDA

View Full Version : Should I close the day with a slow-digesting protein?

drewjonn
11-22-2016, 11:54 PM
Currently on a cut. I need high protein intake daily. Thing is, I don't wanna spend for Casein and I don't have any access to cottage cheese or greek yoghurt in my country. Dairy products availability is kinda limited here.

I take my whey protein 1 hour before lifting and immediately after lifting. I think fast-digesting protein is better taken closely to workouts, and I do consume chicken breast, eggs, or salmon throughout the day though.

I usually sleep at 11 on weekdays, and I take my last protein at around 9, which chicken breast might disrupt my sleep since it's kinda make me full. Idk if taking 4-5 eggs before bed is a good idea, since I don't usually discard the yolk.

What should I fill in 2-3 hours before bed if I have no casein? Or should I just spend for one?

Mrpb
11-22-2016, 11:59 PM
I take my whey protein 1 hour before lifting and immediately after lifting. I think fast-digesting protein is better taken closely to workouts, and I do consume chicken breast, eggs, or salmon throughout the day though.

Not really.

What should I fill in 2-3 hours before bed if I have no casein? Or should I just spend for one?

If you're already having ~4-5 protein rich meals I wouldn't worry about pre bed protein.

You can if you want to though, any protein source will be fine as long as it contains >2.5 gram leucine.

drewjonn
11-23-2016, 12:13 AM
You can if you want to though, any protein source will be fine as long as it contains >2.5 gram leucine.

How? BCAA would help with that though. Thought people use casein at night since they don't wanna use whey or other fast-digesting before bed.

Mrpb
11-23-2016, 12:37 AM
How? BCAA would help with that though.

No BCAA would not help.

Any protein source already contains leucine. If it doesn't contain enough leucine just add leucine.

Thought people use casein at night since they don't wanna use whey or other fast-digesting before bed.

Casein works. Whey works too. The difference would be tiny.

Add some fat to whey and it becomes slower digesting.

jonnicola
11-23-2016, 02:44 AM
Currently using 1.5 scoops whey into 250ml milk prebed, as can't get imported casein at reasonable prices for some reason atm (not trusting Chinese powders)

Haven't noticed any difference other than it being slightly less filling than casein (that tends to thicken up and really fill you up) and a lot lighter on the wallet