PDA

View Full Version : ~~~ College Football Poll Week 12~~~

waytoodeep03
11-15-2016, 06:31 AM
Louisville is getting the shaft big time.. Hopefully louisville doesnt flop against Houston thursday night

EDIT:

Here are the standings

1. Alabama (10-0)
2. Ohio State (9-1)
3. Michigan (9-1)
4. Clemson (9-1)
5. Louisville (9-1)
6. Washington (9-1)
7. Wisconsin (8-2)
8. Penn State (8-2)
9. Oklahoma (8-2)
10. Colorado (8-2)
11. Oklahoma State (8-2)
12. Utah (8-2)
13. USC (7-3)
14. West Virginia (8-1)
15. Auburn (7-3)
16. LSU (6-3)
17. Florida State (7-3)
18. Nebraska (8-2)
19. Tennessee (7-3)
20. Boise State (9-1)
21. Western Michigan (10-0)
22. Washington State (8-2)
23. Florida (7-2)
24. Stanford (7-3)
25. Texas A&M (7-3)

They have officially rendered the regular season meaningless in college football. Upsets mean nothing now. You can be upset by an unranked and still remain top 4.

BrettT07
11-15-2016, 07:13 AM
I expect:
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Clemson
5. Louisville
6. Washington

Committee has shown they value head to head most when comparing same record.

Hmm.. I wouldn't be surprised with
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Louisville
5. Michigan
6. Washington

Louisville is on fire this season minus one receiver's clutch ability being nonexistent. Michigan and Ohio State have both looked extremely dominant in most of their games. Clemson absolutely has potential for dominance but somehow struggles with not putting the game out of reach and the main thing holding them up is the win over Louisville.

Washington is easily the worst off following this past crazy weekend.

DeshaunWatson
11-15-2016, 10:44 AM
Bama
tOSU
Clem
Mich

UL
Wash

waytoodeep03
11-15-2016, 11:12 AM
The only problem I have and probably will happen is that the committee would completely 100% devalue upsets.

What makes CFB so great are the upsets. If Clemson and Michigan were upset against unranked and still in the top 4 tonight then CFB regular season would officially be meaningless.

DeshaunWatson
11-15-2016, 02:54 PM
The only problem I have and probably will happen is that the committee would completely 100% devalue upsets.

What makes CFB so great are the upsets. If Clemson and Michigan were upset against unranked and still in the top 4 tonight then CFB regular season would officially be meaningless.

Theres no one left with 1 loss to be in the mix. 3 undefeated teams lost in the same day. Not to mention, Clem & Mich have better strength of schedule. Not their fault they schedule other p5's.

CheekyRasta
11-15-2016, 03:08 PM
hoping for chaos so we can get to an 8 team playoff soon

5 power conference winners get auto bids, highest ranked group of five conference champion gets auto bid, and then two at larges

perfect system

waytoodeep03
11-15-2016, 03:09 PM
Theres no one left with 1 loss to be in the mix. 3 undefeated teams lost in the same day. Not to mention, Clem & Mich have better strength of schedule. Not their fault they schedule other p5's.

Clemson vs Louisville on a neutral field would be a good game. I think both are interchangeable in rankings.

Michigan has no offense and just lost thier qb so that has to factor in at some point. They will keep them ranked high simply for ratings vs Ohio St

LiveOnce
11-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Given tOSU resume, gotta wonder if they will move up to #1

Bama has fed off of cupcake city in a weak conference

LiveOnce
11-15-2016, 03:16 PM
Clemson vs Louisville on a neutral field would be a good game. I think both are interchangeable in rankings.

Michigan has no offense and just lost thier qb so that has to factor in at some point. They will keep them ranked high simply for ratings vs Ohio St

Lamar Jackson would hold the heisman in his left hand and his Dong in his right and and slap Dabos face around with it on a neutral field

Clne12
11-15-2016, 03:41 PM
hoping for chaos so we can get to an 8 team playoff soon

5 power conference winners get auto bids, highest ranked group of five conference champion gets auto bid, and then two at larges

perfect system

The fact that if Ohio state beats Michigan they are basically in the playoffs even tho the B1G champion will be either Wisconsin or Penn state will cause a stir.

RCATES
11-15-2016, 03:43 PM
I expect:
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Clemson
5. Louisville
6. Washington

Committee has shown they value head to head most when comparing same record.

Hmm.. I wouldn't be surprised with
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Louisville
5. Michigan
6. Washington

Louisville is on fire this season minus one receiver's clutch ability being nonexistent. Michigan and Ohio State have both looked extremely dominant in most of their games. Clemson absolutely has potential for dominance but somehow struggles with not putting the game out of reach and the main thing holding them up is the win over Louisville.

Washington is easily the worst off following this past crazy weekend.

Which is odd considering WA lost to a very good ranked USC team. Michigan and Clemson got worked by chit programs.

AriGhold
11-15-2016, 04:14 PM
Which is odd considering WA lost to a very good ranked USC team. Michigan and Clemson got worked by chit programs.

Getting dominated by 3 loss USC at home isn't much different than losing on a last second field goal to 4 loss Iowa on the road. Michigan also plays a much tougher schedule than Washington.

DeshaunWatson
11-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Lamar Jackson would hold the heisman in his left hand and his Dong in his right and and slap Dabos face around with it on a neutral field

And then you came back to reality.

buckeyenutz
11-15-2016, 05:40 PM
Excellent.

LiveOnce
11-15-2016, 05:48 PM
And then you came back to reality.

You still on tilt from Saturday brah?

AriGhold
11-15-2016, 06:26 PM
If they beat Michigan OSU will be 3-1 against the CFP 10... enough said.

iZZmatic
11-15-2016, 06:27 PM
Get cucked Louisville. :cool:

Calhexas
11-15-2016, 06:28 PM
I just lol'd

DeshaunWatson
11-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Lol @ UL. Not so fast my friends.

Calhexas
11-15-2016, 06:41 PM
I realize the best team in a conf may not be the conf champion, but what happens if neither team in the conf champ game are considered the best?

Michigan lost their QB, and they have a blemish on their record. The mystique of beating them is gone for me.

I want us to play Lamar bad

RCATES
11-15-2016, 06:45 PM
Getting dominated by 3 loss USC at home isn't much different than losing on a last second field goal to 4 loss Iowa on the road. Michigan also plays a much tougher schedule than Washington.

I see USC at #13. Remind me where Iowa and Pittsburg are on that list.

TheDude88
11-15-2016, 06:46 PM
If they beat Michigan OSU will be 3-1 against the CFP 10... enough said.
Michigan will be 4-0 vs the CFP top 10 once they beat OSU

AriGhold
11-15-2016, 06:51 PM

Usc dominated Washington in Washington. Blame east coast bias but the committee sees it my way. Maybe husky fans shouldn't want the country to watch them play, because what they saw will prevent them from going to the playoffs.

TheDude88
11-15-2016, 06:57 PM
I see USC at #13. Remind me where Iowa and Pittsburg are on that list.Remind me of who Washington has beaten this season? Michigan has wins over the 7th, 8th, and 10th ranked teams over the country

Calhexas
11-15-2016, 07:06 PM
Remind me of who Washington has beaten this season? Michigan has wins over the 7th, 8th, and 10th ranked teams over the country

They also lost their QB for the season.

Only a couple weeks left so it sounds strange to say, but frankly there's a lot of football left to be played

That being said...brb buying my Peach Bowl tickets

DeshaunWatson
11-15-2016, 07:19 PM

Only a couple weeks left so it sounds strange to say, but frankly there's a lot of football left to be played

I doubt CU get's #4. Was hoping, but those tickets would be ridiculous.

Calhexas
11-15-2016, 08:00 PM
I doubt CU get's #4. Was hoping, but those tickets would be ridiculous.

I think Peach Bowl is pretty much a lock for us so I'm gonna get 3 since it's easy for me to get to the dome

Hoping we get Louisville. Please don't make us kick Penn State's azz I'll be so pissed lol

W1LLW
11-16-2016, 01:00 AM

I love when guys jump in these threads repeating what they saw in another thread. no one would have dared called alabamas schedule cupcake at the beginning of the season. Everyone tuned into Tenn,TAM, LSU vs bama games/threads because they thought they were tough matchups. Now after bama beat the breaks off them and every other top team sht the bed, NOW its cool to say bama has a cupcake schedule. Never go full potato.

Alabama: #13USC, #16LSU, #19Tennessee, #25TAM, a top #20 auburn will soon be added to this list
Ohio State: #18Nebraska, #9Oklahoma, #7Wisco, Loss to #8 Pennstate
Michigan: #8PennState, #7Wisco, #10 Colorado, Loss to unranked Iowa
Clemson: #15Auburn, #6Louisville, #17Florida State, Loss to unranked Pittsburgh (don't get me started on the win margins)

When you come back to butthurt respond make sure to overlook that Wisconsin had LSU v1.0 at home and escaped with only a 2point margin, and Alabama crushed USC by 40+ after they just beat the #6 team in the country. No one who has watched Clemson games believe they deserve to be in the top 4 other than clemson fans. I'd bet my next paycheck LSU2.0 would beat clemson by 10+. Clemson was a FAR better team last year and they lost to an Alabama team that wasn't as good as the team this year.

The only team that would be able to stand a chance against Alabama is Louisville and that's only IF they met on a night where their receivers managed to have hands. I've watched too many games where their receivers are dropping hella easy passes and Lamar makes up for it with his feet on the ground. That wouldnt remotely fly against Alabama.

Osu could contend if... actually i don't think they can. I give credit where it's due and Meyer definitely gon' Meyer but they needed zeke and a QB with the measurements of Rob Gronkowski to win by 7 and that is definitely NOT their squad this year. We will know in two weeks time if Michigan really got the juice or not.

You boyos with the "bamas easy schedule" comment are like fat chicks that order 2 burgers then try to find mental comfort in your tall glass of Diet Cope

buckeyenutz
11-16-2016, 04:27 AM

Ask the Buckeyes (and Bama) how losing their 1st string QB at the beginning of the season and their 2nd string QB in the last regular season game worked for them in 2014...

CAR...

DALE....

JONES.....

I'm sure you were licking your chops at the thought of facing the third string QB.... Roll Tears....

Nothing is impossible.

AriGhold
11-16-2016, 04:31 AM
Ask the Buckeyes (and Bama) how losing their 1st string QB at the beginning of the season and their 2nd string QB in the last regular season game worked for them in 2014...

CAR...

DALE....

JONES.....

I'm sure you were licking your chops at the thought of facing the third string QB.... Roll Tears....

You can't keep living in the past. Cal is focused on beating chatenooga

"Only when teams are comparable is when we apply conference championship, head to head, etc"

Well thank you bill Hancock, you have confirmed for us that OSU is getting in if they win out and Louisville will be left out.

waytoodeep03
11-16-2016, 05:18 AM

Which shows there is just too much political crap going on with this comittee.

If Bama were to lose a game they would still have them at #1.

The committee idea is a complete joke and a farce. Why don't they just have the power 5 champs and a wildcard? Its so simple. The wildcard would be louisville in this case at this point in time.

Simple as that. It keeps the regular season relevant and upsets hold a TON of weight.

DeshaunWatson
11-16-2016, 05:49 AM

so true. Pitt has 2 top 10 wins. Their losses aren't even that bad.

UWofPeace
11-16-2016, 06:23 AM

Yeah the best 3 loss team in the country that has changed quarterbacks and a load of staff since the majority of their losses is a similiar challenge to Iowa. Lmao at comparing one of the hottest teams in the FBS to god damn Iowa smh

rainieravesouth
11-16-2016, 06:41 AM
bu bu but the Pac 12 is weak. I see 6 teams in the top 25 boyos

Washington has to win out to have at least an 85% chance to make the CFP based on 538's table. yes. it's not just about the numbers because there are actual people voting. but I like (hoping) WA is one of the 4

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-college-football-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

W1LLW
11-16-2016, 07:27 AM
and they'll lose literally every game against a B1G/ACC/SEC opponent in the bowl season. Pac12 is most certainly on dat der charmin time.

They had one notable win in their entire bowl season showing last year in the Stanford/Iowa matchup. Everything else was laugable.

DeshaunWatson
11-16-2016, 07:31 AM

Washington has to win out to have at least an 85% chance to make the CFP based on 538's table. yes. it's not just about the numbers because there are actual people voting. but I like (hoping) WA is one of the 4

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-college-football-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

If Wash wins out, they're in. Period.

Calhexas
11-16-2016, 07:35 AM

CAR...

DALE....

JONES.....

Nothing is impossible.

Implying that replacing Speight with O'Korn is comparable to replacing Miller with JT or JT with Jones.

Boldstrategycotton.jpg

The_Albatross
11-16-2016, 07:43 AM

538 thinks Hillary Clinton is the president though.

DeshaunWatson
11-16-2016, 07:45 AM
538 thinks Hillary Clinton is the president though.

not our outcome, not our president!

rainieravesouth
11-16-2016, 08:02 AM
and they'll lose literally every game against a B1G/ACC/SEC opponent in the bowl season. Pac12 is most certainly on dat der charmin time.

They had one notable win in their entire bowl season showing last year in the Stanford/Iowa matchup. Everything else was laugable.

the toughest part of their schedule is the last 3rd of the season. it's one of the toughest remaining schedules of the teams ranked in the top 10. Lost to a surging USC team at #13, WSU #22, and if they make it to the conference ship: either Colorado, Utah or USC again. which are all ranked.

lol at bringing up last year. not exactly sure how it has anything to do with what we're talking about but okay. we're talking about present time.

and by the logic you're using, let's just give Bama the title now. why play any other games?

buckeyenutz
11-16-2016, 08:16 AM
Implying that replacing Speight with O'Korn is comparable to replacing Miller with JT or JT with Jones.

Boldstrategycotton.jpg

:D just stating the facts

UWofPeace
11-16-2016, 08:16 AM

do u watch outside of SEC??

DeshaunWatson
11-16-2016, 08:17 AM
do u watch outside of SEC??

Most SEC shills don't. That's why they think they're unbeatable.

PowerAthlete55
11-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Ridiculous statement, lets see in the past 3 years the Pac 12 has gone 6-4, 6-3 and 6-3 in bowl games and the SEC is the only team to have a better record then them in that time.

Pac 12 is a legit conference and I would bet money that USC team playing now would give Bama a run, they're a different team with Darnold at QB

BadaBingBdaBoom
11-16-2016, 10:49 AM
A one loss WVU team has a three loss USC team ahead of them? This committee is a joke. The bcs formula was better than these idiots.

I'm admittedly butthurt. If we beat OU this weekend, we better be top 7.

Heaney
11-16-2016, 11:09 AM

Which 3 T-10 teams has Washington beat again? Actually which ONE top 10 team has Washington beat? Ya'll gave up 13pts to fuking Rutgers, take the L and move on

W1LLW
11-16-2016, 12:57 PM
SEC Bowl Season Wins:
Michigan State (B1G)
Clemson (ACC)
Kansas State (Big12)
Penn State (B1G)
Oklahoma State (Big12)
Texas Tech(Big12)
NC State Memphis (ACC)
North Western (B1G)

PAC 12 Bowl Wins
Iowa (B1G)
Miami (ACC)
Airforce (Mountain West)
Southern Miss (C-USA)
BYU (Independent)
New Mexico (Mountain West)

http://i.imgur.com/kZahkau.png

http://i.imgur.com/o0bwZ8a.png

http://www.burningnightscrps.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Coping-with-CRPS-RSD-and-chronic-pain-Stress-cope-pain.jpg

Calhexas
11-16-2016, 03:20 PM
:D just stating the facts

You followed that year up by letting inferior teams punk you two years in a row

Bama followed up with 22 straight wins (including wins over two other conference champs...yours is one of them) a conference championship, a national championship, and is currently the only undefeated P5 team left in the nation

Jus sayin ;)

AriGhold
11-16-2016, 03:42 PM
You followed that year up by letting inferior teams punk you two years in a row

Bama followed up with 22 straight wins (including wins over two other conference champs...yours is one of them) a conference championship, a national championship, and is currently the only undefeated P5 team left in the nation

Jus sayin ;)

Alabama also took an L last year to an inferior team

Just sayin

Calhexas
11-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Alabama also took an L last year to an inferior team

Just sayin

But NOT this year, unlike dem Buckeyes. Hence why I said "two years in a row" and Bama got all those accomplishments while Ohio State got to beat Notre fkn Dame in a consolation bowl, then lose to the **** Lions ;)

AriGhold
11-16-2016, 05:51 PM
But NOT this year, unlike dem Buckeyes. Hence why I said "two years in a row" and Bama got all those accomplishments while Ohio State got to beat Notre fkn Dame in a consolation bowl, then lose to the **** Lions ;)

3-0 in bowl games the last 2 years. Bama can't say that!!!!!!!!!!

Calhexas
11-16-2016, 08:55 PM
3-0 in bowl games the last 2 years. Bama can't say that!!!!!!!!!!

Lol fine. Lord I hope I don't ever end up merely satisfied with "bowl wins"

Then again, 4 championships in 7 years sort of does that to you. Maybe one day you'll know how this feels...but probably not :D

AriGhold
11-16-2016, 08:58 PM
Lol fine. Lord I hope I don't ever end up merely satisfied with "bowl wins"

Then again, 4 championships in 7 years sort of does that to you. Maybe one day you'll know how this feels...but probably not :D

Probably not. But I'll enjoy watching OSU make you sweat

Baylorballs
11-16-2016, 09:41 PM
i legit hate that Clemson is over Louisville. FUk off with that head 2 head bull chit, game was AT clemson.

Lous ville BETTER jump them next weekend with a win AT Univ Houston. They are the better team so far this year

MustardTiger17
11-17-2016, 08:38 AM

Potato salad

ko5567
11-17-2016, 08:42 AM
i legit hate that Clemson is over Louisville. FUk off with that head 2 head bull chit, game was AT clemson.

Lous ville BETTER jump them next weekend with a win AT Univ Houston. They are the better team so far this year

Doesn't matter if Louisville jumps them next week, when Clemson wins the ACC they'll be in.

AriGhold
11-17-2016, 10:51 AM

Why? What has Louisville done? Head to head absolutely needs to count for something. Louisville's best win is over a 3 loss Florida state team. Clemson, although not as convincingly, shares a win over Florida state as well. Louisville was losing to wake Forrest at the start of the 4th quarter this past weekend. If that doesn't scream "playoff" I don't know what does.

AriGhold
11-17-2016, 06:06 PM

Yup

DeshaunWatson
11-17-2016, 06:11 PM

bump

Noticed UL didn't steal HOU's playbook this week.

JrM703
11-17-2016, 06:22 PM
Washington propelled themselves into the conversation after smashing Stanford...

...but then we all found out Stanford sucks, and only Washington and PAC-12 homers are still trying to tell us Washington is a playoff caliber team, by highlighting a string cheese win over Utah.

#RealTea

DeshaunWatson
11-17-2016, 06:26 PM
Wow this team is TRASH

LOL

Baylorballs
11-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Why? What has Louisville done? Head to head absolutely needs to count for something. Louisville's best win is over a 3 loss Florida state team. Clemson, although not as convincingly, shares a win over Florida state as well. Louisville was losing to wake Forrest at the start of the 4th quarter this past weekend. If that doesn't scream "playoff" I don't know what does.

Wow this team is TRASH

LOL

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/robryansad.gif

ACC power house indeed. Glad i put some $ on UH +16.

Calhexas
11-18-2016, 04:04 AM
Well guess that's that

Bama, Clemson for sure then depending on next two weeks who knows

DeshaunWatson
11-18-2016, 04:27 AM
Well guess that's that

Bama, Clemson for sure then depending on next two weeks who knows

Thanks for assuming we win out. Respekt

rainieravesouth
11-18-2016, 06:19 AM
Washington propelled themselves into the conversation after smashing Stanford...

...but then we all found out Stanford sucks, and only Washington and PAC-12 homers are still trying to tell us Washington is a playoff caliber team, by highlighting a string cheese win over Utah.

#RealTea

as long as the committee thinks they're a playoff caliber team...you can't really say much else lol.

Plus Stanford is ranked again.....

quality east coast bias post though

Calhexas
11-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Thanks for assuming we win out. Respekt

I'm not buying any of this "but South Carolina is scrappy" or that the coastal champ is gonna put up much of a fight (yes I know Pitt is coastal. Don't care)