PDA

View Full Version : Should Team USA have an Olympic style event?

VGmaster9
11-13-2016, 02:16 PM
How would you like to see Team USA organize an event that's very much like the Olympics? In this one, athletes and teams would represent different states. There could both be a summer version and winter version. It could be called the "American Games".

AreolaBorealis
11-13-2016, 02:18 PM
it would be pretty cool. but the big states (cali, texas, ny, florida) would dominate. i think it would be more fun if they invited other countries to participate and make compete as countries instead of states

W1LLW
11-13-2016, 02:31 PM
i think it would be more fun if they invited other countries to participate and make compete as countries instead of states

i giggled in real life.

VGmaster9
11-13-2016, 06:26 PM
it would be pretty cool. but the big states (cali, texas, ny, florida) would dominate. i think it would be more fun if they invited other countries to participate and make compete as countries instead of states

Why other countries? It would be unique as a domestic competition. Other states could train better as well.

criminal_manne
11-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Why other countries? It would be unique as a domestic competition. Other states could train better as well.

They already have Nationals. That's how they decide who gets to go to the olympics. What you are describing already exists.

VGmaster9
11-14-2016, 07:42 AM
They already have Nationals. That's how they decide who gets to go to the olympics. What you are describing already exists.

I'm talking about a multi sport event. It would be a great way to create more Olympic worthy athletes from the US.

theswimgod
11-14-2016, 07:43 AM
I think that would be a sick idea OP. Most likely larger states would win because of depth but would make for a good show.

VGmaster9
11-14-2016, 01:07 PM
One sport that it would have that the Olympics doesn't would be football.

jbball92
11-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Texas, Florida, Alabama, mississippi would dominate any state or possibly any country