PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Collins traded to Browns

MSUD5
10-31-2016, 09:34 AM
Patriots traded LB Jamie Collins to Cleveland for a compensatory third-round pick. (via @AdamSchefter)

lol @ going from the best team to worst. prob mad as fuk

drvillain
10-31-2016, 09:35 AM
damn poor Jamie Collins. That's harsh

Vitamin0
10-31-2016, 09:36 AM
In Bill we trust though... lmfao.

eatyourspinach
10-31-2016, 09:38 AM
Is he going to play QB?

jdo1
10-31-2016, 09:41 AM
i dont understand why....he's such a stud

Upshall18
10-31-2016, 09:41 AM
Wtf the guy is a stud? Off field issues? :wow:

Shortstop36
10-31-2016, 09:42 AM
u w0t m8

camaleom
10-31-2016, 09:43 AM
patriots traded lb jamie collins to cleveland for a compensatory third-round pick. (via @adamschefter)

lol @ going from the best team to worst. Prob mad as fuk

saf

AmIGoodNuff
10-31-2016, 09:43 AM
Career suicide. Mark my words.

IsLifeRealLife
10-31-2016, 09:44 AM
Browns might actually win a game this season

iamgenus
10-31-2016, 09:45 AM
What the fuk? I don't get the move at all unless they know something we don't.

Not even the Browns 3rd rounder which would be on the high end? It's a low 3rd rounder for a pro bowl level player. Dude was like the only fast player they had at linebacker too. Someone aware me how this was a good move.

camaleom
10-31-2016, 09:47 AM
Career suicide. Mark my words.

he is UFA next season ;) that is why BB traded him lol

GolfPants
i dont understand why....he's such a stud

Last year of his rookie deal and they didn't want to pay him the giant contract he'll command next year would be my guess.

Also...

http://i.imgur.com/BXTwfL8.jpg

Lmao

Upshall18
Last year of rookie deal and Pats know they can't pay him? Highest comp they'll get is a late 3 I guess

henryk21
Josh Gordon to patriots. It's happening. This is the beginning of it all

jdo1
Wtf the guy is a stud? Off field issues? :wow:
I'm assuming they went into contract talks and he wanted too much money, late to practice and recreational issues?

iamgenus
10-31-2016, 09:48 AM
Last year of his rookie deal and they didn't want to pay him the giant contract he'll command next year would be my guess.

Also...

http://i.imgur.com/BXTwfL8.jpg

Lmao

Oh I'm sure that was it...but fuk a low 3rd round pick for a guy that good?

Maybe that means they'll move Jimmy G for an early 3rd rounder....

camaleom
10-31-2016, 09:48 AM

Not even the Browns 3rd rounder which would be on the high end? It's a low 3rd rounder for a pro bowl level player. Dude was like the only fast player they had at linebacker too. Someone aware me how this was a good move.

they have too many UFA + RFA... BB wasn't about lose some of them without anything in exchange!

trade like this is why is NE has been dominant for the past gazillion years or so.

same thing happened with Jones!

jdo1
10-31-2016, 09:51 AM
they have too many UFA + RFA... BB wasn't about lose some of them without anything in exchange!

trade like this is why is NE has been dominant for the past gazillion years or so.

same thing happened with Jones!
Just sucks because they on a superbowl runs this year again

yuja
what the ****

MA5Bergey
From the Pats to the Browns. Talk about going to bed with a 10 and waking up with a 2.

IsLifeRealLife
10-31-2016, 09:53 AM
Apparently this is the reason why:

https://twitter.com/mlombardifoxtv/status/793131852882022400

GolfPants
10-31-2016, 09:55 AM
The more I think about it...the Pats potatoed here unless there is some dirt about Collins in Hillary's emails or something.

They're getting Cleveland's compensatory 3rd in 2017.

They'd get their own compensatory 3rd if they let him walk in the offseason.

So they're trading away an all-pro level player, in a season in which they are a superbowl favorite, in order to move a compensatory 3rd round pick forward by 1 year.

u w0t m9-1

Hardcore_D00d
10-31-2016, 09:56 AM
everyone is expendable on the patriots

camaleom
10-31-2016, 09:56 AM
The more I think about it...the Pats potatoed here unless there is some dirt about Collins in Hillary's emails or something.

So they're trading away an all-pro level player, in a season in which they are a superbowl favorite, in order to move a compensatory 3rd round pick forward by 1 year.

u w0t m9-1
on 18 but now they will have it 2017 ;)

Averydabeast
10-31-2016, 10:01 AM

You Don't play hard for billy B and he sends you to cleveland. straight sinister

waytoodeep03
10-31-2016, 10:07 AM
You Don't play hard for billy B and he sends you to cleveland. straight sinister

That's bs. He played over 45 snaps yesterday.

Whats even crazier is pats would've gotten that pick regardless next year if he left as a rfa

Twerk4it
10-31-2016, 10:07 AM
Has to be more to it than that, Thomas included? Or maybe Gordon/Haden?
Why would you give up a top 5 talent at his position for basically a 4th?

We would've got that if he stayed, ****ing Gm Belichick making life hard for coach Belichick.

AreolaBorealis
10-31-2016, 10:08 AM
wtf is going on in BB mind who gives a chit about a stupid draft pick at the end of the 3rd round those never pan out do these idiots in foxboro know that tom brady has a very limited time left this was a super bowl contender why do they do idiot stuff like this

JotaroJoestar
10-31-2016, 10:09 AM
Real torn up about this, we're pretty much the favorites by far, why change what we have? But in Bill We Trust.

camaleom
10-31-2016, 10:12 AM

look at the play! (first play of HLs)

j698yPWaWQY

chlaxman
10-31-2016, 10:21 AM
I get wanting to get something in return for him. But I mean, they'd still have gotten him for the rest of this year, which is pretty huge.

iamgenus
10-31-2016, 10:24 AM
look at the play! (first play of HLs)

j698yPWaWQY

Still seems weird to trade a talent like that just because he has moments where he plays out of scheme...i know BB is anal about that but how many big plays has Collins had for the Pats?

Should've at least been able to get the Browns own 3rd rounder. They basically lose a big time athlete on their defense in a year they're SB favorites to get a comp pick early.

iamgenus
10-31-2016, 10:26 AM
Hell they could've at least traded him to the 49ers who have the cap room and already suck. He could've played out of scheme next to Bowman(next year obviously) and still made plays.

beer n brats
10-31-2016, 10:43 AM
I read he wanted Von Miller type money. lol just lol. no wonder he got dealt. who does he think he is?

Upshall18
10-31-2016, 10:46 AM

Tommy Boy is next

XFactah416
10-31-2016, 11:01 AM
the hoodie doesn't **** around.

you hardball with him and he ships your ass to cleveland of all teams.. jesus. going from best to worst.

viennafat
10-31-2016, 11:07 AM
To be honest, I don't even know why the Browns agreed to this.
They basically rent a guy for half a season (no way he signs with them) in a year where all signs point to 0-16.
Why even give up a 3rd round pick?

You'd think that a team on the cusp would be more willing to trade for him.

A bit of a weird trade on both sides.

camaleom
10-31-2016, 11:11 AM
the hoodie doesn't **** around.

you hardball with him and he ships your ass to cleveland of all teams.. jesus. going from best to worst.

didn't he send Seymours to the Raiders way back when too lol

RUTHLESS!

camaleom
10-31-2016, 11:12 AM
They basically rent a guy for half a season (no way he signs with them) in a year where all signs point to 0-16.

gotta start building somewhere; u gonna wait until next year to start the process?

couple of good LB, Pryors is there and maybe they hit on a decent QB and the team is back in business!

Vulvarine
10-31-2016, 11:19 AM
As a Pats fan this is a difficult 1 for me to process

On 1 hand you have a guy in his final year of his contract and he is asking for VON MILLER type money...which of course is ludicrous. But he is undeniably talented.

On the other hand you get a COMPENSATORY 3rd round pick for him in 2017 instead of 2018 (which they surely would have gotten if he walked in free agency).

So you have to ask yourself...Ride with Jamie the rest of the season for good LB depth and a better chance at the Super Bowl or fast forward your compensatory pick 1 year early?

If this was their 3rd round pick it would be an amazing deal considering it would be very early in the 3rd...but in this very instance I'm not sure I agree with it.

Jamie did play like dogchit yesterday though something tells me he is stinking it up intentionally because Bill or whoever said he won't get that money. Also Roberts has looked good and maybe the organization has faith in him.

W1LLW
10-31-2016, 11:19 AM
From the Pats to the Browns. Talk about going to bed with a 10 and waking up with a 2.

lol repped.

wtf is going on in BB mind who gives a chit about a stupid draft pick at the end of the 3rd round those never pan out

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/60/6e/ef/606eef27a9f79cdc9007a51c5148c3cb.jpg

camaleom
10-31-2016, 11:27 AM
^^^ THAT

teams don't win SB just out first round picks!

if u team suck at picking 2,3,4,5 and UD personnel then u team will SUCK!

XFactah416
10-31-2016, 11:30 AM

On 1 hand you have a guy in his final year of his contract and he is asking for VON MILLER type money...which of course is ludicrous. But he is undeniably talented.

On the other hand you get a COMPENSATORY 3rd round pick for him in 2017 instead of 2018 (which they surely would have gotten if he walked in free agency).

So you have to ask yourself...Ride with Jamie the rest of the season for good LB depth and a better chance at the Super Bowl or fast forward your compensatory pick 1 year early?

If this was their 3rd round pick it would be an amazing deal considering it would be very early in the 3rd...but in this very instance I'm not sure I agree with it.

Jamie did play like dogchit yesterday though something tells me he is stinking it up intentionally because Bill or whoever said he won't get that money. Also Roberts has looked good and maybe the organization has faith in him.

i'm pretty sure the hoodie has always emphasized that no one is greater than the team unless you're brady or gronk probably, and even then i'm sure the hoodie tears into them when needed. jamie collins is probably playing hardball or going diva and thus the hoodie sends his ass to cleveland with no regrets since he probably thinks that it'll be a distraction going forward.

W1LLW
10-31-2016, 11:36 AM
^^^ THAT

teams don't win SB just out first round picks!

if u team suck at picking 2,3,4,5 and UD personnel then u team will SUCK!

Marcus Mariotta, Jameis Winston, Trent Richardson, Melvin Gordon, derek henry... all first rounders doing a bunch of fuq all right now

Doober4
10-31-2016, 11:39 AM

Multiple reasons

1. They have 13 picks next draft which could rise with draft day trades
2. They have a ton of cap room
3. They aren't going to attract free agents so you have to make trades like this and more than likely franchise tag him

You have to resign your own early (Pryor) and acquire talent through trades if your a piece a **** team like the browns

caseymercil
10-31-2016, 11:42 AM
they need all the help they can get

drbaig
10-31-2016, 11:47 AM
The reason why patriots are at the top is because Bill does his mad scientist **** like this all the time.

Its a T-E-A-M game. Draft capital is a crap shoot on the best of the years and they never pick high enough to get the best talent.

So he does what he does and they keep on winning.

jbball92
10-31-2016, 11:49 AM

Not even the Browns 3rd rounder which would be on the high end? It's a low 3rd rounder for a pro bowl level player. Dude was like the only fast player they had at linebacker too. Someone aware me how this was a good move.hes an FA after this year. Word is he wants ~6 year $100+ mil contract which would be on top of the pats payinng Sheard and Hightower. They figured move now and at least get something for Collins since they weren't gunna resign him

Vitamin0
10-31-2016, 11:53 AM
The reason why patriots are at the top is because Bill does his mad scientist **** like this all the time.

Its a T-E-A-M game. Draft capital is a crap shoot on the best of the years and they never pick high enough to get the best talent.

So he does what he does and they keep on winning.

Yeah, I'm sure Brady has nothing to do with that

Vitamin0
10-31-2016, 11:55 AM
hes an FA after this year. Word is he wants ~6 year $100+ mil contract which would be on top of the pats payinng Sheard and Hightower. They figured move now and at least get something for Collins since they weren't gunna resign him

Yeah except the Pats are Super Bowl contenders.

HoustonMiscer
10-31-2016, 11:56 AM
They can do all this as long as they still have Tom Brady. When they don't have God himself at QB they won't be able to do things like this

Vitamin0
10-31-2016, 12:01 PM
They can do all this as long as they still have Tom Brady. When they don't have God himself at QB they won't be able to do things like this

It's like Luck in Indy. That team would be 0-16 without Luck. In Houston, the Texans have to do everything right just to be 8-8 with TFW no QB situation.

brownbrah113
10-31-2016, 12:04 PM
got exclusive picture of collins before his first practice

http://i.imgur.com/1glAdI6.jpg

jbball92
10-31-2016, 12:04 PM
Yeah except the Pats are Super Bowl contenders.the impact of trading him isn't even that bad. He only played half the snaps vs buffalo, so clearly they can manage without him.

IsLifeRealLife
10-31-2016, 12:05 PM

eh, it's 90% Belichick

drbaig
10-31-2016, 12:05 PM

I don't get you dickheads.

In one thread you trash him as a system QB.

Now you're insinuating that it's because of Brady everything works.

Make up your mind won't you.

W1LLW
10-31-2016, 12:06 PM
It's like Luck in Indy. That team would be 0-16 without Luck. In Houston, the Texans have to do everything right just to be 8-8 with TFW no QB situation.

yeah for whatever reason collins thought he could get Suh/Watt money. Probably should have used common sense to realize they play for QBless teams and ARE the face of their respective franchises.

that'd be like Clay Matthews up in green bay in his 3rd year talking about "yo i want 5 years and 90million"

Vitamin0
10-31-2016, 12:07 PM
the impact of trading him isn't even that bad. He only played half the snaps vs buffalo, so clearly they can manage without him.

One game, vs his career in New England lol

jbball92
10-31-2016, 12:09 PM
One game, vs his career in New England lolbrb 6 years 100 mil

Clearly he's replaceable

Vitamin0
10-31-2016, 12:12 PM
brb 6 years 100 mil

Clearly he's replaceable

lol?

They're making a run at the SB this year in Tom's age 39 season. They got a 3rd rounder for him? Cool, how often are 3rd rounders good?

If I was a Patriot's fan I would be livid.

jbball92
10-31-2016, 12:15 PM
lol?

They're making a run at the SB this year in Tom's age 39 season. They got a 3rd rounder for him? Cool, how often are 3rd rounders good?

If I was a Patriot's fan I would be livid.lold

jdo1
10-31-2016, 12:21 PM
lol?

Brady was a 6th round pick just saying

Vitamin0
10-31-2016, 12:25 PM

Outlier of peace

Vitamin0
10-31-2016, 12:26 PM
lold

I rather have Collins for this year/playoffs than a 3rd rounder, bottomline.

Thai_Clinch
10-31-2016, 12:42 PM
lol?

wow. just going full potato arent you. lmfao.

Brady - 6th round as everyone knows.
Blount was undrafted
Gronkowski was the 42nd pick in the nfl draft
Edelman was a 7th rounder.
Chris Hogan wasnt even drafted either.

and many more. dont question arguably the greatest franchises in the history in the nfl over the course of the past 15 years. this is a fantastic move. Collins will die off in this league long before the patriots do.

W1LLW
10-31-2016, 12:45 PM
got exclusive picture of collins before his first practice

http://i.imgur.com/1glAdI6.jpg

lmao this was lulzy.

Vitamin0
10-31-2016, 01:02 PM

Blount was undrafted

and many more. dont question arguably the greatest franchises in the history in the nfl over the course of the past 15 years. this is a fantastic move. Collins will die off in this league long before the patriots do.

Again, outliers. What is the % of a 3rd rounder being an impact player?

jdo1
10-31-2016, 01:41 PM
Again, outliers. What is the % of a 3rd rounder being an impact player?
Geno Atkins was drafted in the 4th round. It doesn't matter how high you were drafted. Most first rounders aren't impact players

Azzurri
10-31-2016, 01:42 PM
I'm sure he's like BILL any team but the Browns!

FAH_Q
10-31-2016, 01:58 PM

Blount was undrafted

Gronk was a 2nd round pick
Blount wasn't drafted in large part because he knocked some kid out after a game while on the field
Edelman is a system player and thats not even debatable

I agree with your point, but just saying these aren't great examples. Especially Gronk. Dude was one of the best TE's in the draft.

I don't know the details of why Collins was released, but if he was traded for a 3rd round pick that could have been acquired anyways after the season as a compensatory pick then that screams of some weird chit going on.

I am interested to see how Kyle Van Noy does. He was one of my fav LB's in the draft a few years ago. Dude could play in college. I know he has been derailed by injuries his career but acquiring him was a total Patriot move. He could turn out nice. I wonder if they feel comfortable with having him on the roster played a part in releasing Collins. Or if they even play similar positions in their scheme. Pats fans keep an eye on him tho.

AlBHappy
10-31-2016, 02:15 PM
Geno Atkins was drafted in the 4th round. It doesn't matter how high you were drafted. Most first rounders aren't impact players

How the hell did we get a Cincinnati Bengal reference in a Patriots thread? (Geno rocks by the way, great player)

You can't sign everyone. Would you rather have Hightower and Butler? I would. The rumors on Twitter are Collins is a pain in the neck with the coaching staff and in the locker room. A lot of the press here, think Collins, even before the last couple of weeks, was overrated.

Great athlete however.

sdballer5588
10-31-2016, 03:16 PM
Seems obvious there is an off field or possibly on field ****ery that made this happen.

You would not trade this guy like that if there was not a clear underlying reason.

JotaroJoestar
10-31-2016, 03:26 PM
Clear a lot of people don't know the situation ITT.

Patriots got essentially nothing back. 2017 Comp 3rd rd pick (if it's rewarded) if not, 4th rounder in 2017. They would have gotten a 2018 Comp 3rd rd pick if he stayed and left through FA

My only thought process is : Collins value is gonna tank in Cleveland, Pats will sign him for less than he would have previously gotten, and therefore wouldn't have lost that pick(comp pick they wouldn't have ever gotten), ad they received a pick.

sdballer5588
10-31-2016, 03:31 PM
Clear a lot of people don't know the situation ITT.

Patriots got essentially nothing back. 2017 Comp 3rd rd pick (if it's rewarded) if not, 4th rounder in 2017. They would have gotten a 2018 Comp 3rd rd pick if he stayed and left through FA

My only thought process is : Collins value is gonna tank in Cleveland, Pats will sign him for less than he would have previously gotten, and therefore wouldn't have lost that pick(comp pick they wouldn't have ever gotten), ad they received a pick.

Can I have what you're having? It must be great because that is literally never going to happen lol

JotaroJoestar
10-31-2016, 03:34 PM
Can I have what you're having? It must be great because that is literally never going to happen lol

Undetected troll attempts are the best attempts :D

sdballer5588
10-31-2016, 03:35 PM
Undetected troll attempts are the best attempts :D

You are so pro Boston sometimes I legit can't tell. You're an artist.

JotaroJoestar
10-31-2016, 03:36 PM
You are so pro Boston sometimes I legit can't tell. You're an artist.

Actually a fan of the Lakers, Jets, Yankees, and Rangers.

WHChampion
10-31-2016, 03:40 PM
everything about how they run that team is bizarre. they keep winning though so its hard to criticize.

JotaroJoestar
10-31-2016, 03:41 PM
everything about how they run that team is bizarre. they keep winning though so its hard to criticize.

This, at this point I think the trade is complete and utter ****. Yet I know in a month it'll be "Beli is a genius". There's a reason why in New England we say "In Bill We Trust", it just usually works out.

WasWorthIt
10-31-2016, 04:50 PM
What do the browns gain from this trade?

They're increasing their chances to win games and get a worse draft pick lol.

And Collins will be out the door anyway at the end of this season.

He'll have awful stats too and the stuff about how he'd rather play video games than play football will come out and teams will low ball him and he'll never get his money.

Belicheck with that ether that makes the soul burn slow.

Tommy12Orr4
10-31-2016, 04:53 PM
Don't get into heated arguments with your DC and don't display a lack of effort on the field and you won't be sent off.

lownslow
10-31-2016, 04:59 PM
What do the browns gain from this trade?

They're increasing their chances to win games and get a worse draft pick lol.

And Collins will be out the door anyway at the end of this season.

He'll have awful stats too and the stuff about how he'd rather play video games than play football will come out and teams will low ball him and he'll never get his money.

Do u think it was personal? Mankins to TB.... seymour to oakland

FAH_Q
10-31-2016, 06:06 PM
Geno Atkins was not a great prospect in college and has the sickle cell trait which was part of the reason he was drafted in the 4th round

BatmanDeadlifts
10-31-2016, 06:40 PM
Well he was gone for sure at the end of the season anyways. Pats have several key players to sign and this sends a strong message to them. We will pay you what we can, but you are NOT going to be the highest paid player in the league at your position. This was yet another no one is replacable statement. You can win super bowls and get good money or miss the playoffs/go one and done and make great money. I guess the locker room/coaching issues tipped it to make the movie mid season.

cannonballdooky
10-31-2016, 07:15 PM
Not a good move. Who cares if he leaves after the season, brb franchise tag, brb gain a compensation pick which I thought all the Pats fans said BB always does. Why weaken the team in Brady's prime few years? I don't get it but they win much more often than not, so...

turk75
11-01-2016, 05:49 AM
In Hue We Trust.

I can see why The Browns traded for him.

- Stud LB - which we lack.
- We suck at drafting anyways so who cares about a 3rd rounder.
- We have more cap space than pretty much half the league combined, signing him to a new contract wouldn't be a problem.

camaleom
11-01-2016, 06:30 AM

this is how u make everybody else on the team follow suit...

camaleom
11-01-2016, 06:31 AM
In Hue We Trust.

I can see why The Browns traded for him.

- Stud LB - which we lack.
- We suck at drafting anyways so who cares about a 3rd rounder.
- We have more cap space than pretty much half the league combined, signing him to a new contract wouldn't be a problem.

of course, every team is just a few pieces away from a winning record!

even if u have to overpay the kid to stay with u!

iamgenus
11-01-2016, 06:45 AM
Not a good move. Who cares if he leaves after the season, brb franchise tag, brb gain a compensation pick which I thought all the Pats fans said BB always does. Why weaken the team in Brady's prime few years? I don't get it but they win much more often than not, so...

There must have been more than contract demands for this trade to happen.

I think him playing like a 1 man team probably was the bigger reason to trade him. Someone pointed out that this is Belichick's way of putting everyone on blast who doesn't buy into the team mentality.

Play like you're trying to get sexy stats so you can get paid vs play within the scheme = get shipped off to Cleveland. It's savage but it will certainly get people's attention.

Play within the system and show you're a team player and you get rewarded.

The only question will be whether this is a lesson which costs NE another SB title or if the team keeps on trucking?

camaleom
11-01-2016, 07:08 AM
There must have been more than contract demands for this trade to happen.

I think him playing like a 1 man team probably was the bigger reason to trade him. Someone pointed out that this is Belichick's way of putting everyone on blast who doesn't buy into the team mentality.

Play like you're trying to get sexy stats so you can get paid vs play within the scheme = get shipped off to Cleveland. It's savage but it will certainly get people's attention.

Play within the system and show you're a team player and you get rewarded.

The only question will be whether this is a lesson which costs NE another SB title or if the team keeps on trucking?

Jones and Collins... man if we don't win the SB BB is going to get some heat around here.

Messiahtype
11-01-2016, 07:17 AM
3 pages on the internet of people questioning the decision making of the greatest mastermind in sports.

They won't miss him. They just keep doing what they do.

Moss
Welker
Samuel
Revis
Mankins
Vinatieri
Seymour
Law
Branch
Jones
Mcginest
Milloy
Wilfork
Vrabel
BJGE
Dillon

Bill doesn't GAF who you are unless you wear #12, he just wins.

camaleom
11-01-2016, 07:52 AM
3 pages on the internet of people questioning the decision making of the greatest mastermind in sports.

Moss
Welker
Samuel
Revis
Mankins
Vinatieri
Seymour
Law
Branch
Jones
Mcginest
Milloy
Wilfork
Vrabel
BJGE
Dillon

if it was THAT easy then Pats should have 4 or 5 more SB...

he is trading player for pretty much NOTHING... and to make matters worst those are great players in the prime of their career!

I am all for in BB we trust but downgrading the team for no reason seems "dumb"

Lunatic
11-01-2016, 09:04 AM
So let's take a look at the factors here ...
Jamie Collins wants a bunch of money in the offseason
Jamie Collins keeps going off script
Jamie Collins isn't a big fan of watching football
Elandon Roberts is capable of doing that job at a much cheaper cost
Maybe we should have seen this coming after all.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/this-jamie-collins-quote-might-provide-insight-into-why-bill-belichick-traded-him/

HoganIsGOAT
11-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Jamie Collins was a freelancer on the field, and the Patriots weren't going to continue to put up with it.

That's how former assistant to the Patriots coaching staff Mike Lombardi explained the team's decision to trade Collins, a Pro Bowl linebacker last season, to the Browns for a compensatory third-round pick.

"Not surprised by the Pats trading Collins," Lombardi tweeted on Monday. "Not been playing well at all they need to get the defense fixed. This will get their attention."

Lombardi added: "Collins on the second play of the game [versus Buffalo] does whatever he wants and Bills gain 28 yards. Been happening all year. It was not going to continue."

The play Lombardi referenced was Bills running back Mike Gillislee's 28-yard run in the first quarter. Collins crept up to the line of scrimmage and shot a gap between the guard and tackle anticipating an inside run. Gillislee instead bounced outside and had plenty of room to run. Had Collins remained on the defensive right side of the formation, he may have been in position to make a play.

Collins' athleticism is what has made him one of the game's most impactful linebackers over the last season-and-a-half, but Lombardi insists that his eagerness to go off-script was not going to be tolerated any further.

"You are either coaching it or allowing it to happen," Lombardi wrote. "Belichick decided he was not going to allow it to happen.

Vitamin0
11-01-2016, 10:47 AM

Moss
Welker
Samuel
Revis
Mankins
Vinatieri
Seymour
Law
Branch
Jones
Mcginest
Milloy
Wilfork
Vrabel
BJGE
Dillon

And how many of these were in season, for a 3rd rounder, during their QB's age 39 season?

camaleom
11-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Jamie Collins was a freelancer on the field, and the Patriots weren't going to continue to put up with it.

That's how former assistant to the Patriots coaching staff Mike Lombardi explained the team's decision to trade Collins, a Pro Bowl linebacker last season, to the Browns for a compensatory third-round pick.

"Not surprised by the Pats trading Collins," Lombardi tweeted on Monday. "Not been playing well at all they need to get the defense fixed. This will get their attention."

Lombardi added: "Collins on the second play of the game [versus Buffalo] does whatever he wants and Bills gain 28 yards. Been happening all year. It was not going to continue."

The play Lombardi referenced was Bills running back Mike Gillislee's 28-yard run in the first quarter. Collins crept up to the line of scrimmage and shot a gap between the guard and tackle anticipating an inside run. Gillislee instead bounced outside and had plenty of room to run. Had Collins remained on the defensive right side of the formation, he may have been in position to make a play.

Collins' athleticism is what has made him one of the game's most impactful linebackers over the last season-and-a-half, but Lombardi insists that his eagerness to go off-script was not going to be tolerated any further.

"You are either coaching it or allowing it to happen," Lombardi wrote. "Belichick decided he was not going to allow it to happen.

he also said: u NEVER trade a pro-bowler... then they said: C.Jones? he said: well... business reasons!

I just hate that they are trashing the guy when guys like Devin McCourty keep calling him the heart of the Defense.

The guy is a BEAST and he is going to get PAID somewhere else.

let see how many of guys like him BB let go when Tommy retires...

Vitamin0
11-01-2016, 10:49 AM
So let's take a look at the factors here ...
Jamie Collins wants a bunch of money in the offseason
Jamie Collins keeps going off script
Jamie Collins isn't a big fan of watching football
Elandon Roberts is capable of doing that job at a much cheaper cost
Maybe we should have seen this coming after all.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/this-jamie-collins-quote-might-provide-insight-into-why-bill-belichick-traded-him/

Bench Collins or reduce his role until he gets his head straight. Trading him mid season for a 3rd rounder makes your team worse. I bet you liked him before this trade too lmfao.

Vitamin0
11-01-2016, 10:50 AM
he also said: u NEVER trade a pro-bowler... then they said: C.Jones? he said: well... business reasons!

I just hate that they are trashing the guy when guys like Devin McCourty keep calling him the heart of the Defense.

The guy is a BEAST and he is going to get PAID somewhere else.

let see how many of guys like him BB let go when Tommy retires...

Repped for being a logical Patriots fan. Hogan is a well known troll btw, I wouldn't entertain his posts.

percussion8903
11-01-2016, 11:16 AM
reaction to being traded there:
http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md9qr1rhgO1ri1p5ro1_1280.jpg

HoganIsGOAT
11-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Repped for being a logical Patriots fan. Hogan is a well known troll btw, I wouldn't entertain his posts.

Well known, yes. Troll, no.

midcoastking33
11-01-2016, 11:25 AM
stats say he's been average at the position. doesn't make the team any better by getting rid of him though. just bench him? sometimes gm bill is too cute for his own good

Thai_Clinch
11-01-2016, 12:31 PM
why not ? bench him and get nothing for him at the end of the year ? doesnt make a lick of sense. the idiots of this trade are the browns, that practically gave up a third rounder to a team that dominates the draft and that conference, for a player that isnt going to help you do jack **** and will 99% leave the team in the offseason for a more lucrative contract.

Phobaphobia
11-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Elandon Roberts is a stud against the run.. seriously. Collins is probably better than him in coverage and rushing the passer but it seems like he was going rogue.

turk75
11-02-2016, 05:41 AM
why not ? bench him and get nothing for him at the end of the year ? doesnt make a lick of sense. the idiots of this trade are the browns, that practically gave up a third rounder to a team that dominates the draft and that conference, for a player that isnt going to help you do jack **** and will 99% leave the team in the offseason for a more lucrative contract.

The Browns have like 16 Draft picks this year.

If he leaves, fk it - we'd probably have drafted a punter from Toledo with that pick anyways.

Boston03G35
11-03-2016, 02:00 PM

This is what I was coming in to say, 6th round 199th overall pick...198 times some team fukced up royally

woody19
11-03-2016, 03:08 PM
The Browns have like 16 Draft picks this year.

If he leaves, fk it - we'd probably have drafted a punter from Toledo with that pick anyways.

About to be 16 ruined careers

Brosnbroccoli
11-03-2016, 03:17 PM

Moss
Welker
Samuel
Revis
Mankins
Vinatieri
Seymour
Law
Branch
Jones
Mcginest
Milloy
Wilfork
Vrabel
BJGE
Dillon

I swear pats fans are a special breed.

Yes BB is one of the GOAT coaches in all of sports, but he's NOT a GOAT manager in the sense of drafting etc.
This was a dumb move, and it could really hurt them later on. As long as Brady keeps rolling and Gronk stays healthy, they'll be fine though.

If anyone but BB did this, people wouldn't rush to defend him.

woody19
11-03-2016, 03:25 PM

Yes BB is one of the GOAT coaches in all of sports, but he's NOT a GOAT manager in the sense of drafting etc.
This was a dumb move, and it could really hurt them later on. As long as Brady keeps rolling and Gronk stays healthy, they'll be fine though.

Jets fan
Flavor: salty

iamgenus
11-03-2016, 07:08 PM

1. Nobody is a GOAT manager in the sense of drafting. Nobody has a perfect draft record and it's large part luck.

2. And large part coaching. It's why team with great coaches tend to draft better than teams with crap coaches.

Shortstop36
11-03-2016, 08:12 PM
i mean i'm all for being a homer, but are we really gonna act like elandon is better than Collins RIGHT NOW? i mean seriously, i can't wrap my head around how much cope is going around my fav teams fanbase. We couldn't get enough of his dick in the past few years and now we act like some noname is just as good

Brosnbroccoli
11-03-2016, 10:19 PM
1. Nobody is a GOAT manager in the sense of drafting. Nobody has a perfect draft record and it's large part luck.

2. And large part coaching. It's why team with great coaches tend to draft better than teams with crap coaches.

I'm talking about management decisions in a more general sense, hence the 'etc'.
He's let players go which hurt the team before.
But yeah, obviously nobody has a perfect draft record, and yet BB is still often being mentioned as one of the best draftes - which isn't true either. It actually highlights my point about him being praised for things he's average at, because he's so good at winning football games.

lol @woody19 having 0 arguments, but but but but jets fan... Your emperor is not flawless, deal with it mate. I already called him one of the GOAT coaches in sports, but that's not good enough for you.

Shortstop36 is spot on.

iamgenus
11-04-2016, 06:06 AM
I'm talking about management decisions in a more general sense, hence the 'etc'.
He's let players go which hurt the team before.
But yeah, obviously nobody has a perfect draft record, and yet BB is still often being mentioned as one of the best draftes - which isn't true either. It actually highlights my point about him being praised for things he's average at, because he's so good at winning football games.

lol @woody19 having 0 arguments, but but but but jets fan... Your emperor is not flawless, deal with it mate. I already called him one of the GOAT coaches in sports, but that's not good enough for you.

Shortstop36 is spot on.

Pretty sure woody is a Cowboys fan so you're barking up the wrong tree there.

As for Belichick I'd say he's done a hell of a lot more good than bad given what's been available to him. It's a lot easier drafting(or it should be) when you're picking top 10 year after year. Total different ball game when you're picking bottom 10 each season for over a decade.

Plus how many times has he gotten burned for letting some of these guys go? Not that often I would say.

camaleom
11-04-2016, 06:24 AM
Pretty sure woody is a Cowboys fan so you're barking up the wrong tree there.

As for Belichick I'd say he's done a hell of a lot more good than bad given what's been available to him. It's a lot easier drafting(or it should be) when you're picking top 10 year after year. Total different ball game when you're picking bottom 10 each season for over a decade.

Plus how many times has he gotten burned for letting some of these guys go? Not that often I would say.

I think the major beef i have with BB is that we are "wasting" the GOAT with sub-par teams... every other team in the league seems to find a way to keep play makers but BB ALWAYS send them out the door.

he let go asante samuel then man we went thru like 20cb and none of them were any good AT ALL!

K.McCourty was about to go too and just after the last phone call BB extended him... Vince, same zhit... Wes, same zhit... Seymour, same zhit.

I think Gronk realized this so nowadays he just doesn't play unless he is 100% (tons of reports of beef between pats and gronk people over the years for this very same reason). BB: Gronk the team needs u... BB: Gronk will be replaced when he try to get his next extension (just watch).

jbball92
02-05-2017, 09:37 PM

u w0t m9-1

wtf is going on in BB mind who gives a chit about a stupid draft pick at the end of the 3rd round those never pan out do these idiots in foxboro know that tom brady has a very limited time left this was a super bowl contender why do they do idiot stuff like this

lol?

Outlier of peace

I rather have Collins for this year/playoffs than a 3rd rounder, bottomline.

Bench Collins or reduce his role until he gets his head straight. Trading him mid season for a 3rd rounder makes your team worse. I bet you liked him before this trade too lmfao.

stats say he's been average at the position. doesn't make the team any better by getting rid of him though. just bench him? sometimes gm bill is too cute for his own good

Haha should have trusted bill