PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 of the 2016 NLCS will forever be known as the "asterisk game"

Future24
10-17-2016, 06:54 AM
When you have a bad umpire giving one pitcher one strike zone and another pitcher a completely different one, things will happen.

It seems MLB finally realized the only way for Kershaw to succeed in the playoffs is to cheat and have the right umpire with the right (read: awful) strike zone in place. It seems at this point baseball will do anything to protect Kershaw the way they used to protect Verlander in the playoffs.

Congratulations to Clayton "Hillary" Kershaw for an opportunistic performance, but there will be a very large asterisk next to this game no matter how the series turns out.

tonyparker69
10-17-2016, 06:55 AM
Cubs terrified at the prospect of having to face Kershaw twice in one series now that he's killed Peyton Kershaw

Future24
10-17-2016, 07:01 AM
Cubs terrified at the prospect of having to face Kershaw twice in one series now that he's killed Peyton Kershaw

Calling him Peyton Kershaw is an insult to a man who has 2 rings.

JBhaverhill
10-17-2016, 07:05 AM
Calling him Peyton Kershaw is an insult to a man who has 2 rings.

Clayton Clinton

Carpig
I dont have a preference in the NL, but it seemed as though the strike zone was consistent.

Kershaw had a couple pitches that appeared to be strikes called balls and he asked the umpire about it. Cubs batters didnt do themselves any favors by watching balls down the middle then swinging at **** above their shoulders.

AlBHappy
Kershaw's around the plate, you need to be ready to swing the bat. Dodger got what they needed. A split on the road.

Future24
10-17-2016, 07:10 AM
Clayton Clinton

The absolute scum of the earth.

litljay
10-17-2016, 07:14 AM
The absolute scum of the earth.

calm down.

Future24
10-17-2016, 07:16 AM
calm down.A Shillary fan appears. Thank you for Correcting the Record. $.05 will be deposited into your account.

carlos71786
10-17-2016, 07:21 AM
lol, so mad.

Kershaw and Jansen goat'ing out there.

Big_Spaz
10-17-2016, 09:18 AM
I don't think it had as much to do with Kershaw as it did the Cubs bats are just ice cold right now. Russell is an automatic out and Rizzo (who is supposed to be the team MVP) has one hit in the entire playoffs. J-Hey was a waste of a signing and the rest of hitting at times, but not always crucial times. This could be a very tough series for the Cubbies, if they win it at all.

-Spaz

mk8
10-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Kershaw was in the zone last night, no other way to put it. Grandal's framing is also exceptional. Sounds like you lost money.

nick1990
10-17-2016, 09:27 AM
lol, so mad.

Kershaw and Jansen goat'ing out there.

This lmfaooooooo

litljay
10-17-2016, 09:28 AM
A Shillary fan appears. Thank you for Correcting the Record. $.05 will be deposited into your account.

Cool. Thanks.

Seriously though, his strike zone was quite large for both sides. I don't know what you guys are nervous about. The rest of the Dodger's pitching staff is below average. Hill may pick up another win, but then what?

eltoro24
10-17-2016, 09:38 AM
Will kershaw start game 2 thread.

You bumped a 14 minute old thread?

For the sake of the Cubs, lets hope so. Easy 2-0 lead.

Easy 2-0?

Opie is no wizard

Future24
10-17-2016, 09:42 AM
Kershaw was in the zone last night, no other way to put it. Grandal's framing is also exceptional. Sounds like you lost money.

Only bet I made last night was on the Texans to come back and beat the Colts when they were down late in the 4th. Meanwhile, win or lose money your daddy will always abuse you and give you five or six more concussions for even thinking about gambling.

mk8
10-17-2016, 10:12 AM
Only bet I made last night was on the Texans to come back and beat the Colts when they were down late in the 4th. Meanwhile, win or lose money your daddy will always abuse you and give you five or six more concussions for even thinking about gambling.You really have turned into a great-value Shweezy, ****s tragic.

juggernaut74ia
10-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Meh...I'm a die hard Cubs fan and didn't really see too many egregious strike zone calls last night (strike 1 to Bryant in the 9th being the worst - but that was Jansen, not Kershaw). Kershaw (and Jansen) just completely dominated a cold lineup. And really aside from the dinger by Gonzo and a few too many walks given up, the Cubs' pitchers had an excellent game too.

mk8
10-17-2016, 12:50 PM
Meh...I'm a die hard Cubs fan and didn't really see too many egregious strike zone calls last night (strike 1 to Bryant in the 9th being the worst - but that was Jansen, not Kershaw). Kershaw (and Jansen) just completely dominated a cold lineup. And really aside from the dinger by Gonzo and a few too many walks given up, the Cubs' pitchers had an excellent game too.There'a a reason ice cold Grandal is still in the lineup instead of Ruiz who has been seeing the ball well. He's probably the best pitch-framer in the league. That strike one wasn't even close and Grandal sold the hell out of it.

midcoastking33
10-17-2016, 02:28 PM
it's bartman's fault

Future24
10-17-2016, 03:04 PM
You really have turned into a great-value Shweezy, ****s tragic.

As opposed to being broke, CTE-ridden, getting zero buns and having zero fans like yourself? Worry about your own tragedies playa

OrdoAbchao
10-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Meh... didn't really see too many egregious strike zone calls last night (strike 1 to Bryant in the 9th being the worst - but that was Jansen, not Kershaw). Kershaw (and Jansen) just completely dominated a cold lineup. And really aside from the dinger by Gonzo and a few too many walks given up, the Cubs' pitchers had an excellent game too.

This x2

mk8
10-17-2016, 03:48 PM
As opposed to being broke, CTE-ridden, getting zero buns and having zero fans like yourself? Worry about your own tragedies playaAbsolute shambles. Thanks for the neg bitch boy. I can tell you take this internet **** real serious.

LeonardShelby
10-17-2016, 04:22 PM
Meh...I'm a die hard Cubs fan and didn't really see too many egregious strike zone calls last night (strike 1 to Bryant in the 9th being the worst - but that was Jansen, not Kershaw). Kershaw (and Jansen) just completely dominated a cold lineup. And really aside from the dinger by Gonzo and a few too many walks given up, the Cubs' pitchers had an excellent game too.

This might be my fault. My brother, who knows nothing about baseball is all of a sudden a die hard cubs fan as par for Chicago bandwagon course, was like Cubs have some bum pitching right now but he's doing pretty good. So I responded Kyle Hendricks has actually been really really good this year and sure enough 1 second after I said that home run. The goat strikes.