PDA

View Full Version : Is it a bad idéa to diet at young age?

rudosan
10-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Hello

My name is Adrian from Sweden. I am a male at the age of 16 and wondering if it is a good idéa to start with a diet? With diet I mean ti count all the protein, carbs and so on. Are there anything that I should consider before doing this? Or something that I need to have in mind when doing it? The diet that bodybuilding.com gives out only starts at the age of 18. So should I wait untill I'm 18 år? Or should I use the same diet as I would do as a 18 years old?

Thanks before hand

//Adrian

PaulCamR
10-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Hello

My name is Adrian from Sweden. I am a male at the age of 16 and wondering if it is a good idéa to start with a diet? With diet I mean ti count all the protein, carbs and so on. Are there anything that I should consider before doing this? Or something that I need to have in mind when doing it? The diet that bodybuilding.com gives out only starts at the age of 18. So should I wait untill I'm 18 år? Or should I use the same diet as I would do as a 18 years old?

Thanks before hand

//Adrian

"Dieting" and "following a diet" can mean different things to different people. A diet is just what you eat. You can be overweight and eating mcdonalds every day, and that would be your diet. It's not a fad thing, or necessarily healthy.

At every age from 0-death, eating healthy is smart. Counting macros and calories may not be the best choice though.

dipatel13
10-12-2016, 04:01 PM
At 16, there's more important things to worry about instead of counting calories and macros.

Focus on eating and lifting to grow while you're in the prime of your life to do so.

Heisman2
10-12-2016, 06:46 PM
Nothing wrong with eating healthily at any age. Counting macros and overall calories is likely not necessary if you are not overweight or obese. For teens I recommend not cutting unless you are obese. If you are overweight (but not obese) then focusing on getting stronger without gaining (but without losing) weight can serve you very well.

ErikTheElectric
10-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Yes, generally speaking "dieting" at your age is the last thing you should be doing.

ironwill2008
10-13-2016, 06:33 AM
For minors, calorie restriction and/or becoming overly concerned with calories/macros is neither advised nor supported in this forum. If you have concerns about your food or your body image, it is suggested you discuss these issues with your parents.