PDA

View Full Version : Burn fat while building muscle

TrotonKat
10-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Just have quick question. My diet has always been bad I generally do not watch what I eat and eat a lot of the bad foods.

Recently I have started changing my food. I have cut 99% of sugar drinks I will occasionally drink coke so say that 2 cans a week when I'm on night shift to stop falling asleep as I do not drink coffee. I have also increased my protein intake I try to eat red meat daily.

My question is can you lose body fat while building muscle?? If I cut out all my bad foods increase carbs / protein could I potentially build muscle without putting more fat on?

Olhausen
10-11-2016, 07:07 PM
beginning & novice lifters can build muscle while losing fat as their bodies is primed for adaptation. but the more experienced you are the harder this will become

magician27
10-11-2016, 07:10 PM
yes you can . if you are beginner , get enough protein and eat at around maintenance calories

TrotonKat
10-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Awesome that good to know. Yes beginner here never worked out before

desslok
10-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Short answer, yes you can in certain situations.

Cutting out sugary drinks is a good way to lower calories, but you can also drink sugar free sodas or even plain tea if you don't drink coffee.

magician27
10-11-2016, 07:29 PM
you can also drink sugar free sodas

yep. imo drinking regular soda is pretty stupid . diet sodas taste exactly same, they got the same caffeine content and they are calorie free

TrotonKat
10-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Short answer, yes you can in certain situations.

Cutting out sugary drinks is a good way to lower calories, but you can also drink sugar free sodas or even plain tea if you don't drink coffee.

I don't know if this is correct. I don't know if I read this or someone told me. That non sugar drinks are just as bad because they contain something in them can't remember what it was but your brain still thinks you are drinking sugar will react the same way.

Correct me if this info is completely wrong

desslok
10-11-2016, 07:38 PM
I don't know if this is correct. I don't know if I read this or someone told me. That non sugar drinks are just as bad because they contain something in them can't remember what it was but your brain still thinks you are drinking sugar will react the same way.

Correct me if this info is completely wrong

I think I have seen research that shows that diet sodas(or artificial sweeteners)may make you crave sweets, so if you aren't careful/tracking, then you could inadvertently eat more calories. But I beleive there was also research that showed this wasn't the case. I can't remember what the latest showed to be honest. Either way, it basically comes back to portion control, self control, moderation etc.

Mrpb
10-12-2016, 01:23 AM

That's not the case.

Also you don't have to cut out "bad foods". You just need to make sure you're eating enough macros and micros.