PDA

View Full Version : Are the Oregon Ducks cooked? ... (srs)

Vitamin0
10-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Had a nice little run there. Are they trending in the direction of programs like Texas, USC, etc...

Clne12
10-10-2016, 11:34 AM
The only time they've ever been any good was during the Chip kelly era and they still didnt win a natty. Other teams you listed atleast have history to fall back on and will probably be good again in the next 10 years but oregon will fall back to mediocrity.

RCATES
10-10-2016, 11:37 AM
They have only stayed afloat after Chip's departure due to Facilities paid for by Nike. That simply isn't enough anymore. Dark ages are truely ahead for this program.

lsiberian
10-10-2016, 11:40 AM
The only time they've ever been any good was during the Chip kelly era and they still didnt win a natty. Other teams you listed atleast have history to fall back on and will probably be good again in the next 10 years but oregon will fall back to mediocrity.

They've actually been a pretty good program since your birth when they started having good teams. I'd argue their best team was actually before Chip Kelly took over as head coach. I think Dennis Dixon would have won the national title if he hadn't been injured.

lsiberian
10-10-2016, 11:43 AM
They have only stayed afloat after Chip's departure due to Facilities paid for by Nike. That simply isn't enough anymore. Dark ages are truely ahead for this program.

They were a good program before he showed up. Chip just got them to that next level. I wouldn't be surprised if Chip comes back. I think that's what Oregon is waiting for.

gxs27
10-10-2016, 11:48 AM
yes

XFactah416
10-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Probably.

Helfrich got helped a lot when MariGOATa was there for the first year.

They can't rely on grad transfers / JuCo transfers for their system.

mk8
10-10-2016, 01:53 PM
just lmao at going balls deep to get prukop in eugene and then benching him after 5 games

their defense is the worst in the pac 12, even worse than oregon state's.

washington already broke their streak and i predict oregon state will break the civil war streak as well. brutal year for the nike fairies

CobyWan
10-10-2016, 01:59 PM
They were a good program before he showed up. Chip just got them to that next level. I wouldn't be surprised if Chip comes back. I think that's what Oregon is waiting for.

I'm thinking this too.