PDA

View Full Version : afraid to cut due to insomnio

relejia
10-10-2016, 05:15 AM
hello guys so i was planning on cutting, but atm im getting around 6-7 sleep at night (mostly due to life stress aka work studying) with 1-2 interruptions to go to pee. you might think its optimal but i feel **** all day and my lifts are stalling even on a full body with 500 surplus. i don't want to go on a cut since i might lag food+ sleep = muscle lost and fat still remains since less sleep = more cortisol level? whats your opinion on this? also i was considering taking pre workout and see if it fuels me a bit but i didnt want to rely on that ;(

gbullock32
10-10-2016, 05:26 AM
6-7 hours is far more than most get, that is hardly insomnia...

relejia
10-10-2016, 05:34 AM
6-7 hours is far more than most get, that is hardly insomnia...

damn then i must be a pussy -.- thanks man! like always :)

muruku
10-10-2016, 05:39 AM
yea i sleep 4-5 hours and i look lke shiet. given a choice would i want more sleep? definitely. get your sleep hygiene in order bruh, srs.

btw how much others sleep is non-consequential. what matters it the amount YOU need. if you need 8, try to get 8. make it happen.

SuffolkPunch
10-10-2016, 07:48 AM
I would be concerned by dieting causing less sleep than normal. What's normal for you may not be normal for others. Sleep is important - it's way up there with the fundamentals of muscle gain above such things as macro fiddling, nutrient timing, supplements and other shenanigans. It actually matters.

Maybe try eating some thick yogurt before bed - or some other food that you generally find slow digesting.

Dieting messes with my sleep too - it does improve after the first couple of days but I find I have to keep calorie deficits modest otherwise I just feel tired and have crappy gym performance = recipe for muscle loss.

relejia
10-10-2016, 10:28 AM
I would be concerned by dieting causing less sleep than normal. What's normal for you may not be normal for others. Sleep is important - it's way up there with the fundamentals of muscle gain above such things as macro fiddling, nutrient timing, supplements and other shenanigans. It actually matters.

Maybe try eating some thick yogurt before bed - or some other food that you generally find slow digesting.

Dieting messes with my sleep too - it does improve after the first couple of days but I find I have to keep calorie deficits modest otherwise I just feel tired and have crappy gym performance = recipe for muscle loss.

thanks for the info. thats why im afraid to cut until i manage to fix my sleep issues.

desslok
10-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Insomnio? Sounds like an X-Man whose super power is to stop you from sleeping.