PDA

View Full Version : The "long run" Log w/Zaxx.

zaxx19
03-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Ok, so ive been on the site for a little more than a month and have started literally the first diet of my life combining what I know about my body, with alot of information I picked up by reading and posting on this site.

The keys to my are:

1) Eating AT LEAST 5 times a day, with 6 being even better.

2) Limiting(though not outlawing) refined carbohydrates to a great degree.

3) Eating alot of good quality proteins at each meal except for some preworkout ones.(sometimes ill just pop a Cliff Bar) And get at least 40+ grams of quality proteins within 30 minutes after any lifting session.

4) No juices or sodapop. (this is pretty much a basic dieting thing)

5) Keeping my Macros AROUND 2400 Kc with a 45-35-20 CPF breakdown./

There are times I fall short, and my macros are usually a bit heavy in fat and just a touch light in proteins. But overall it is MUCH better than it used to be.

I DO eat things like cheese, the ocassional pizza bagel with chicken added, and white rice(mostly PWO).

I am not a bber and do not aim for a perfectly clean diet. I don't believe in eating like that for myself and furthermore do not belive ANYONE needs to eat like that in order to be healthy and happy or look attractive and live a long life. They may need to be that strict to go under 10% body fat but that is not a goal I think I ever will have nor do I believe there is any health benefit from doing so over say maintaining your bdy fat at 11%.

Just as in working out more is not always better, dieting/lifestyle less fat does not equal better.

Up till the beginning of this year I had gone almost 3 years without really exercising, and just eating total crap. This left my body in piss-poor shape so I have started out very conservatively back into exercise.

I work on an 8 day split, and find it MUcH superior to the 7 day orthodox split most people are on.

My perfect 8 days would be like this:

1. Full Body 400 rep workout with extremely lightweight. High intensity,~ 65 minutes.(Bench/Lat pull downs/bicep barbell curls/Tricep pushdowns/squats)
+
cardio 25 minutes.

2) cardio 30 minutes

3) Light lifting...Delts/Calfs/Lat work/some light core work. Medium intensity, light weight, maybe 40 minutes.

4 Total rest + stretching'

5) Same as 1

6) Same as 2 (sometimes rest if too sore)

7) Same as 3

8 REST maybe some stretching.(Maybe cardio is I missed day 6)

I use REALLY LOW WEIGHTS. For instance I bench with 89 lbs.
(at my strongest I repped 4X8 @320ish..)

I work 20 reps for every exercise and really dont ever work till failure. I am just working on form, conditioning and neural development. I am NOT working on overall strength, power, or bbing with this workout. It was suggested by a friend who is a physical therapist and has alot of experience in rehabilitating those who havent been able to exercise for extended periods of time. It is working well, I feel stronger and more stable. I think I will up my weights(maybe up my bench for instance to 100 or 111) because they are pretty easy and continue with the program for atleast 4-6 more weeks. At that point I will reevaluate whether to begin with Rippletoes or a beginner 5X5 program.

Anyway im tracking my diet calorie for calorie on The Daily Plate website.

You may peak at it anytime here is a linky: http://www.thedailyplate.com/users/myplate/?when=2007-03-05&expi=2302781

I weigh 332lbs(yikes that hurt!) and my ultimate goal is 240 lbs. When I started monitoring my weight for weeks ago I believe I was ~347.5 lbs.
Im a really large guy and 6 foot tall exactly. The last time I took my body composition I was 217 lbs lean so 240 is a good goal I feel even if im down a bunch in lean mass right now.

Ill be posting my Macros daily and workout reports along with just how I feel and any hurdles I come across. Id love to have some regulars who I could use for encouragement and advice because we all can use a ton of both especially when trying to lose sooo much weight.

So please comments are welcome, just try to be positive as well as critical because its hard starting out so heavy and out of shape after previously being in very good shape.

zaxx19
03-06-2007, 01:37 AM
yeah that was too long....

Macros from today:

2271---232---208---57

Kc-carbs-protein-fats

40.5 % 37 % 22.5%, pretty damn nice.

My workout was good, kinda lagged at the end though. No cardio today.

ScottC
03-06-2007, 03:14 AM
Ok zaxx, you made your journal...keep it up to date with your results.

Best to you on reaching your goals.

BarEdul
03-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Okay Zaxx, I am with you on this, keep up with the good work and you will reach your goals don't let anything get in your way!!

zaxx19
03-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support!!!

And Scott I do visit your log probably every 2-3 days I just dont really post there. I ll start now.

BarEdul, I hope your health issues work out for you because I know you want to be active more than anything. GOOD LUCK and keep posting in my log! lol.

BarEdul
03-06-2007, 03:45 PM
As of today I started back just 4 exercises to test my eye pain and see how the blood pressure goes it went okay so far. Thanks for the support will be looking for your info and workout advances!

zaxx19
03-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Just woke up on my basement couch....

I did the following workout still SUPER Low weights in a circuit:
(low to mid intensity) 45 minutes.

Standing machine Lat pullovers 4X14

Front bb delt raise 4X12

BB RDL 2X8+ 2X10 (first time ever; trying to work it out without a mirror)

Rear delt raises(on incline bench) 4X12

no weight standing calf raises 4X20

I added some trap work just bc they are lagging..did 3 sets of trap work.

Also did 30 minute walking @ 3.0 MPH. Yikes(shinsplints).

Macros are looking spot on today!!!

Totals: 2,215(Kcal) 70g(Fats) 487mg(cholesterol) 3,054mg(sodium) 200g(carbs) 101g(sugars) 16g(fiber) 199g (protein)

The cholesterol is a bit high just because I had a whole egg this morning.

It was the first egg ive had on my diet, I usually stick to whites from a carton, I think I might add 1 or 2 to a salad in the future really something I like in salads. I'll keep it to 3 eggs a week max though.

Comments? Questions?

zaxx19
03-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Just woke up on my basement couch....

I did the following workout still SUPER Low weights in a circuit:
(low to mid intensity) 45 minutes.

Standing machine Lat pullovers 4X14

Front bb delt raise 4X12

BB RDL 2X8+ 2X10 (first time ever; trying to work it out without a mirror)

Rear delt raises(on incline bench) 4X12

no weight standing calf raises 4X20

I added some trap work just bc they are lagging..did 3 sets of trap work.

Also did 30 minute walking @ 3.0 MPH. Yikes(shinsplints).

Macros are looking spot on today!!!

Totals: 2,215(Kcal) 70g(Fats) 487mg(cholesterol) 3,054mg(sodium) 200g(carbs) 101g(sugars) 16g(fiber) 199g (protein)

The cholesterol is a bit high just because I had a whole egg this morning.

It was the first egg ive had on my diet, I usually stick to whites from a carton, I think I might add 1 or 2 to a salad in the future really something I like in salads. I'll keep it to 3 eggs a week max though.

Comments? Questions?

BarEdul
03-07-2007, 04:44 AM
Do you have cholestrol concerns you are legitamately worried about? Like your doctor is concerned? Eggs are not the culprit they once thought they were. Just curiouis.

ScottC
03-07-2007, 04:59 AM

Comments? Questions?
It isn't bad to have the yolk in addition to the whites. I have one in my omlette along with the whites I use.

Check out this sticky from the Nutrition forum:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=492749

zaxx19
03-07-2007, 01:23 PM
No, I dont have high cholesterol, last I checked.

Just meant on the Macro numbers the cholesterol I ingested that day was like 75% from one egg...thats all.

zaxx19
03-07-2007, 01:26 PM
No, I dont have high cholesterol, last I checked.

Just meant on the Macro numbers the cholesterol I ingested that day was like 75% from one egg...thats all.

I kinda carbed out a bit on breakfast....Im gonna hit some cardio later tonight.

My posterior chain is fried from my first RDL's my lower back is VERY weak now because of the lack of exercise and excessive weight. Im kinda scared of normal DL, and what it is gonna be like when I go back to a real lifting program like Rippletoes. Im just gonna have t suck it up and start very light. Ego is the opponent of progress sometimes.

ScottC
03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Good to see you posted you log link in your sig, zaxx.

BarEdul
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Just remember the cholestrol ratio is a percentage verses over all what you ate. If the egg was the only thing you ate it drives up your over all percentage of cholestrol... did I explain that right??

zaxx19
03-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Ya, I gotcha....

Thanks scott. I wish it was a link though and not just a website.: (

I need to get some more subscribers....
(dont worry you will always be the first 2!)

Any thoughts? Or does it just happen with time?

BarEdul
03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
What I did was join other like journals read them and then comment... They eventually get curious about you and start coming to your journal too. I also buzzed the blogs of others in like journals got to know them and posted support and suggestions to them.. Check out my journal and you will see what I mean :D

ScottC
03-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Any thoughts? Or does it just happen with time?
As you have said to me that you have read but not posted in my journal. Many more people read than post. If you go through my journal page by page, there is only a handful of reg posters, but look at my hit count. Just post and don't worry about other posts...they will happen.

EoR
03-07-2007, 07:43 PM
You used to bench 320lb 4x8? :eek:

I'll keep my eye out here, I never knew you weighed so much. How bf%? Pics! :D

wanaBsedated
03-07-2007, 10:07 PM
There is nothing wrong with eating fruit. They are low glycemic for the most part with a few exceptions..

Greener banannas, grapes, cherry, oranges..all good carbs.

zaxx19
03-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey EoR thanks for visiting me.

Ya dude, Im a heavy MFer....Like I said I actually was very happy with myself at 6"0 265....and could put up some massive press weight(ungodly overhead lifts- I could jerk maybe 405? maybe more) and was really a decent athlete at that weight so...

Im fat now....dont even want to think about my body fat. Right now Im just concentrating on a slow steady loss of ~2-3 lbs a week till I get under say 290-285. It'll happen, believe me this is the first time ive ever dieted in my life and im not eating that strictly. I feel perfectly alright with doing this for as long as I need to and understand im going to need to ratchet down the carbs and overall calories as I go. I have 0 cravings as of now.

Ill be like seriously starting to lift in about 5-6 weeks...right now like I said in the first post im just working like general flexibility, circulation, and neural development back after abusing my body in the worst possible way for 3 years.

On pics..im gonna be really honest and say right now I would be afraid of posting some pics because im pretty self conscious about my weight....but honestly even when I get into some semblance of shape I am perhaps a little more reticent about posting my pics and stuff on the net than you are EoR. Paranoia? Perhaps. Im a private type person usually. It was really hard for me even to post my true weight, even when I was in decent shape I used to lie to my GF and friends about my weight because they used to think I was like 40 lbs less than I was.

zaxx19
03-08-2007, 12:03 AM
There is nothing wrong with eating fruit. They are low glycemic for the most part with a few exceptions..

Greener banannas, grapes, cherry, oranges..all good carbs.

Ok, good, Ill start to study how best to incorporate them into my diet and when to eat them a little more.

Personally I am just sooo sensitive to carbs esoecially simple ones I just had to get away from them for a bit. I havent had soda or juice for a month now.....I dont know if I will ever have any again. I am amazed by the lack of cravings for them.

zaxx19
03-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Macros: 2,258 (Kcal) 79g(fats) 200g(carbs) 179g(p)

Fat is getting a bit out of whack. Gonna try and go under 60 grams tommorow. Protein needs to just be a touch higher. Kcal pretty much right on only a hundred under target. Carbs undercontrol.

Im all out of lean protein im gonna do a mini shop tommorow and get some turkey and chicken breast!!! I havent had turkey yet so this will be a nice changeup like the Sirloin was this week

Exercise: 10 minutes stretching+basic yoga + 30 minutes walking.

I need to get some orthodics again. Ive had shinsplint problems forever dating back to a retarded wrestling coach who had us jogging 2 miles a day in wrestling shoes on hard wood floors...plus they give me an extra 1/2 an inch.

No more of that " I am not really 6 foot im actually 5"11 7/8ths feeling and hello to "im well over 6 foot with room to spare" land!!!!

I feel ok though Im definitely sore after the RDL yesterday. Im not sure I got the form down and sometimes I just resorted back to like almost a Stiffed legged DL and has to correct myself. Oh Well, patience is a virtue.

BarEdul
03-08-2007, 05:02 AM
Form form and more form will get you better results when it comes to sculpting out what you want.

Happy Thursday!! Waves and thanks for stopping by my journal!

Rocksmtu
03-08-2007, 08:19 AM
I need to get some orthodics again. Ive had shinsplint problems forever dating back to a retarded wrestling coach who had us jogging 2 miles a day in wrestling shoes on hard wood floors...plus they give me an extra 1/2 an inch.

No more of that " I am not really 6 foot im actually 5"11 7/8ths feeling and hello to "im well over 6 foot with room to spare" land!!!

Its amazing how a high school coach/sport can mess you up for life. My wrestling coach had us doing the same thing with running inn our wrestiling shoes. I dont know if thats the reason I have questionable shins now or if its just the weight but its something to think about. I do know that my shoulder is messed up from wrestling tough.

I am almost the same height as you. I would say that I am 5'11 15/16ths" just a hair under 6 foot. After doing squats I feel like I'm 5'2". I started my journey at 290 and lost pretty constently for the first few months and then it all stoped. Hopefully you can keep it up and reach your goals in a safe and healthy quick time frame. Good luck to you

I'll be reading reqularly. I just dont offically subscribe.

zaxx19
03-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks, solid post Rock.....

Yeah I always thought I was just 6 foot and then last check up at the doctors they for some reason measure my height and the nurse is like "oh your just a hair short of 6 feet even" ....I almost threw up, men and their egos I guess. I might have actually been sufferring from some compression from the weight...I need to use one of those inversion tables and get my 8th of an inch back. lol.

The scary thing about that coach I mentioned is that I went to a Jr High that was in the same campus as my Sr. high because we were in a small community. So as an 11/12 year old I was working out (AT LEAST CONDITIONING WISE) withi HS kids and doing that running. My shins have been horrible ever since. Orthodics are amazing but insurance barely pays anything anymore. One day Ill just bite the bullet and shell out the 400-500 bucks.

zaxx19
03-09-2007, 04:31 AM
My sleeping is all messed up. Im gonna try to go back 2 bed now and catch like 3-4 hours...more.

MACROS: 2,416- 69g- 254g -176g fats/carbs/proteins

Exercise: None(rest day) Stretching.

The day was OK, fats always a little high and I didnt get to the store so I had to use 2% milk and some breaded chicken pieces(baked not fried)...whatever im not sweating it. Need to be more conscious of stretching throughout the day im sore in my legs....specifically posterior chain.

Overall, I feel a little bit bloated for the first time, ive been letting more and more carbs and fats slip into the diet and thats not going well enough time to ratchet it back up.

Im gonna go 2 mandatory 6 meals from next monday on for a whole week. Only super lean sirloin, Tuna, Turkey chili, Chicken breast and Whey shakes with skim as my protein sources....I wanna go away from carbs for awhile and eat salad primarily with my protein. Maybe some fruit first thing in the morning with Kefir and mandatory stretching and mini-cardio in the morning also.

We will see just thinking out loud here.
I guess Ill do it starting after my weigh in on Monday.

Rocksmtu
03-09-2007, 04:57 AM
Why are you planning on changing your diet? Is your current onne not working anymore?

I think if it aint broke dont fix it

BarEdul
03-09-2007, 05:46 AM
Unless you need to mix up your food choices cause you are bored, Yeah don't fix it if it's not broken! As long as you are seeing the gains/losses you want you are doing fine.. Don't over think things too much.

zaxx19
03-09-2007, 03:29 PM
I can see your points...but I think the point is my diet has slipped just a BIT from my original 4 weeks to this one...maybe not?

IDK. Im thinking of just admitting im eating a 40-35-25 diet because I never really have hit 20% for fats consistently.

Ive been decent on the diet so far today but have ALOT of DOMS still in my legs. I guess ill just work through it today during my workout.

Im gonna go get a haircut I think and do that overdue shopping.

Anybody have any suggestions for a cheat meal on sunday?

Im thinking Pizza from dominoes maybe Hawaiian?

Funny how thats the only time ham has any appeal to me.

Ok Ill post again after my workout.

zaxx19
03-10-2007, 03:02 AM
Workout: I actually had kind of a rough workout, I failed a couple times at getting reps don but quickly finished them up after 2 seconds rest. My shoulders felt VERY tight throughout the workout, im not freaking out but im gonna watch that because ive had shoulder problems in the past and my family has BAD shoulders.

Benching @ 89lbs even for 20 reps just isnt cutting it anymore and I may reluctantly up the weight to 100 lbs for 20's. I think initially the weight really didnt matter because there was the shock of just resistance training and sooo many reps. Ive never gone over like 10-12 reps in my life before so my body was shocked. Im gonna have to change it up soon because my body has now adapted to it. 5 weeks till I hopefully start a 5X5 or Rippletoes.

Squats went well and my flexibility groin wise is getting good again. My quads need constant stretching but I think I can kick my own butt again with my heels. The DOMS in my hammies and back cleared up well after lingering yesterday and scaring me.

I also widened my curl grip with my BB curls and felt a MUCH better pump in my bis as a result...its like an epiphany...all the years of training and I was doing bis SO wrong..oh well.

Overall, I feel good and look forward to my assistance workout tommorow.

I didnt do cardio which means tommorow is gonna have to be a bear of a cardio day.

Diet.

I ran to the local Supermarket today because Trader Joes(where I do most of my shopping) was closed by the tie I got my haircut done with....I kind of lingered for awhile and kept asking her to go a bit shorter....the gurl is a buxom 19 year old girl...my bad! lol lol. My haircut is good and her tip was great so all is well that ends well(Shakespeare)....I just picked up some chili w/o beans, some chicken breast strips(pricey at my local market yikes!), and a south beach MRP bar for a PWO meal. The bar was super sweet, but had good macros especially when coupled with some 2% lying around.

Macros were pretty spot on, fat intake is getting under control.

And without further ado....here they are:

2,317/65g/262g/185g Kcal/fats/carbs/protein = 43/32/25 split...not bad.

thedisneydad
03-10-2007, 03:18 AM
Hey, keep up the good work. Don't worry about having to raise the weight; it's a good thing...after all, it's the entire premise of progressive resistance training.

Watch that chili, lotsa hidden fat...I've seen some with as much as 30gm fat per serving and three servings per can...WHOO!!! that'll blow the diet.

Anyway, keep going and you'll see the results.

zaxx19
03-10-2007, 03:39 AM
14 grams of fat-----38 grams of protein...

The ones I usually get is a it better, I can deal with those numbers.

I had gotten SO sick of chicken breast by the end of last week I forced myself to buy some beef and tuna.

Tuna is great just got to figure out a good low fat way to make tuna salad and Ill be set. Presently im using hummus...it isnt THAT low fat and isnt that good....but it will do for now.

Thanks for the post...please feel free to subscribe, the more the merrier.

Rainmaker
03-10-2007, 03:47 AM
14 grams of fat-----38 grams of protein...

The ones I usually get is a it better, I can deal with those numbers.

I had gotten SO sick of chicken breast by the end of last week I forced myself to buy some beef and tuna.

Tuna is great just got to figure out a good low fat way to make tuna salad and Ill be set. Presently im using hummus...it isnt THAT low fat and isnt that good....but it will do for now.

Thanks for the post...please feel free to subscribe, the more the merrier.

I'm guessing you don't like Fat Free Miracle Whip? Even regular miracle isn't THAT bad.

Good work so far, be sure to keep it up. We're always here for support if you need it!

BarEdul
03-10-2007, 05:58 AM
remember sometimes a little extra fat wont kill you if it means your taste buds survive to eat again. I couldn't eat humous if you paid me too.! Keep up the good work!

zaxx19
03-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Im a big fan of hummus....different strokes for different folks I guess.
Fat free miracle whip? Ive had low fat never fat free...is it good? Does it taste like mayo at all?

In other news I had to do some work stuff earlier and my back is really sore...lower back still sore. Yikes. I got to strenghthen this thing up before tackling any heavy weight on squat or DL. Im not even sure I want to be doing DL like this. I guess I will just start REALLY light and just progress gradually and work core hard at the same time.

It is funny how your outlook on lifitng changes as you get older/wiser. No way would I start a program as light as I am going to start my Rippletoes in the past because of ego/pride or whatever. Now the weight doesnt seem important in the short term just want to get a good foundation and work from there...im not under any deadline and patience is my new weapon.

Diets is really going wel last few days...almost right on target and now im officially on a 40-35-25 diet. The extra fat hasnt seemed have any effect up till now and it helps make the meals much tastier and easier to stay on.

Ive been taking whey before bed lately, and I know CC is better but I just have the Whey handy and I like the taste...I wonder how bad or incorrect this is compared with more of a casein based protein...whatever im no bber.

Ill be back to post macros/workout/cardio later.

thedisneydad
03-11-2007, 03:43 AM
Hummus lover here too, but it has to be made right. You could try any of a variety of the fat free mayos out there. Also, give canned salmon a shot. I think it has a nicer flavor and texture than the tuna, even if it is about 20 cents more per can. There are also these cool little tuna and salmon cups that you can get and they work great for a snack. My favorite is the honey bbq salmon cup.

For the DL, just start with a low weight and do higher reps until your back can handle it. Don't push it though. A bum back is the last thing you want(well, it's on that list of last things). You can also work some hyperextensions or some low weight good mornings to strengthen that entire area. Also, don't neglect core training. Strengthening your abs can have a profound effect on your lower back pain.

I better get moving or I'll be late for work, but keep the faith! It'll happen, but you gotta want it!

matthor
03-11-2007, 03:58 AM
It is funny how your outlook on lifitng changes as you get older/wiser. No way would I start a program as light as I am going to start my Rippletoes in the past because of ego/pride or whatever. Now the weight doesnt seem important in the short term just want to get a good foundation and work from there...im not under any deadline and patience is my new weapon.

Diets is really going wel last few days...almost right on target and now im officially on a 40-35-25 diet. The extra fat hasnt seemed have any effect up till now and it helps make the meals much tastier and easier to stay on.

this definately seems like a well thought out and discipline journey mate. Good luck with it. I've been enjoying your posts so figured id check in here and looking solid.

Dont get too worried about the fat intake, in fatc for a guy your size I'd be saying it was even a lil low, but it seems to be working well so dont go changing macro's up till something starts stalling. Though you are on quite a deficit diet wise atm so increasing cardio would be my recommendation before changing up calories - getting a little ahead of myself here, just wanted to say its looking good, good luck and the fat is fine

zaxx19
03-11-2007, 05:32 AM
Awesome guys!

Thanks for the tip on salmon I definitely need to find another fish to eat in my life...I just hate the smell usually it makes me queasy. Thanks for the kind works Matthor- id rep you if I knew how man....I dont know if it is just my account or what but honestly I have no icon for repping people..(scale or something?).

My mom and ex girlfriend always used to try and make me eat it(Salmon)....I guess Ill have to give in soon and at least try it. Is there anything you guys could compare the taste of salmon to? Its funny but I have a really easily upset stomach I almost threw up when I tried sushi once. It sucks because I know fish is like the best thing for you...so in the past usually I just loaded up on tuna. Back when I first went to college and was away from home I used to make myself like a sandwich everyday for lunch out of tuna mashed with parmesan cheese, Olive Oil,salt, pepper, old bay seasoning....cumin and spread it on 100% organic whole wheat toast....that was super super healthy and I got SO strong and pretty fit also eating that like once a day. That was before I spoiled myself and tried mayo.....I used to hate the stuff...but then in Montreal(I went to school there) everything had mayo on it especially like burgers and baguettes...and I ate baguettes avec dinde et fromage a ton so accidentally had mayo on a few times and fell in love with it a bit. I BLAME THE FRENCH!!! I even learned to put mayo+hot sauce+ ketchup on my burgers up there...honestly it is really good.

{ Quebec is also home to the worlds best junk food Poutine. If it was availible here id eat it for every cheat. If you ever visit Canada do youself a favor and try Poutine it is heavenly. Unfortunately it has absolutely no redeeming nutritional value whatsoever. Its just fat salt and white carbs. Maybe thats why it is sooo good. its really parfait!}

That reminds me, some people have been asking about me posting pics(eeek) or how fat I am or how I look especially since I divulged my weight....and in all honesty in a bit better shape I looked alot like (build wise not face) Dominic Filiou if you guys know him the strongman from Quebec. He is MUCH bigger though @ 6"9 400+(damn that makes me look like an umpaloompa) but the build reminds me of myself during my football days(290+ish?). I carry more fat on my chest though for sure. But it is the same wide and big armed uber full effect in the upper body that almost makes the head seem smallish by comparison..ever seen "The Flea"?.

My arms are just massive like 21-22 inchs(~9 inch wrists) right now.....to bad its alot of fat lol. I think my brothers are like 16 inchs(im just guessing) or more and he hasnt really ever lifted..im trying to get him into it but someone has got to want to do it to be successful and its his first year in college so he has better things to do with himself lol. He has a nice nice frame for it and less bodyfat naturally than I did at similiar ages in fact he was ripped up as a younger kid...like 6 pack and everything though he has thickened with age. He is definitely 205+ at 5"9 1/2, wide shoulders, big arms, pretty big legs. Its funny because he is 18 1/2 now but only like 3 1/2 years ago he was wrestling @ like 150 or something...maybe even less by the end of the season/.

Run of the mill Meso I guess with just some bad habits(no lifting/minimal sports typical American diet of high carb crap) keeping bodyfat on him. He actually could be a VERY good bodybuilder Im sure he could be a lean 200 lbs within 6 months to a year of training and look amazingly full. Myself Im too much of a Meso-endo mix though it does make getting strong easy..never have been ripped nor do I want to be. Id be happy @ like 11% or even a bit more.

ACTUAL INFORMATION FOR THE DAY!!!

Macros:Totals: 1,949/214g/155g/56g

Carbs a bit high and protein a bit low....I had to run some errands for my business earlier and got caught with some rice cakes and hummus oh well.

This is my lowest protein in awhile....kinda missed a meal of protein with my errands...gotto be more dilligent in the future especially since it was my assist lifting day.

EXERCISE:

I lifted 6 different lifts today with moderate to light intensity.

1)Standing Lat pullover 4X12
2) BB front raise 4X12
3) My own RDL variation(I hold plates not a bar) 8,8,8,10
4)Rear delt raise w/ Incline bench face down(best rear/side delt move imho)
5)calf raises(no weight just getting some blood in their)
6) Upright Rows superlight weight 3X13

Cardio: 30 minutes...back tightened up half way through so I had to stretch it out for a minute...added a minute onto the end but I hate to do that when the session is only 30 minutes to begine with and only 20 minutes at peak speed. My cardio is for ****.....I have to admit I was a smoker for about 5 years though not a heavy one. BTW I havent had a cigarette for months now and dont have really bad cravings though I think I will always bum 1 or 2 if I am in a Bar or playing poker....and I dont know how I could survive Vegas without a pack that place is like a smokers paradise. At my peak though I only smoked maybe 2 packs a week if that. Quitting was soo easy its almost embarassing to me I didnt quit sooner. I basically had quit after school but then I got a job where there were alot of smokers and befriended them and it was like an excuse to take a break and shoot the stuff with them for 15 minutes outside...

Back on exercising....

Still trying to quite get the RDL down. I used to be somewhat strong in my hammies (225 3X10 good form SDL?) NOT ANYMORE. 2.5+ Year of no fast twitch lower body movement isnt a big stimulas for them lol. My lower back is giving me fits but thats to be expected at this extremely heavy weight.

Im still stretching TONS. and want to regain my old lower body flexibility which for my size back in the day was amazing in some positions.

I could bring my foot flat too my ear and hold it like a cell phone without discomfort @ 290 lbs and my quads/hammies were really loose also.

Its gonna take time but im getting progressively better/looser. When im way down in weight I wanna try some Yoga. I already can do some REALLY basic stuff like cobra, dog.....its an awesome stretch.

BarEdul
03-11-2007, 08:17 AM
I have never been able to bring my foot flat to my ear .. I am jealous! Way to go on the workouts and posting!

matthor
03-11-2007, 01:24 PM
hey mate,

salmon is quite delicious - though i cant quite imagine how i'd describe the taste lol. You might just have to give it a go. Personally i prefer to eat tuna or some other leaner source of protein and then add fat in on the side in the form of nuts/nut butters etc just because i like more on the plate

What is your stretching program like? My hammies used to be inherently tight until i started recently incorporating some PNF work pwo aswell as evening stretching everyday

zaxx19
03-11-2007, 08:40 PM
I dont really have a "stretching program" I usually just follow a routine Ive always done.

All static stretching. Mostly lower body with some shoulder stretching with a bar because I han a rotator injury a few years back.

I was dumb when I was young and BTN pressed like 185 all the way to my trap and explosively for 10s and 12s and stuff. I think I did 225 for 6 once...It was my strongest natural lift realtaive to other people. Unfortunately it messed my upper body flexibility up badly and it is poor/average even today.

My back is sore/tight today. Im still liking those superlow weight RDL. Im just gonna have to suck it up and lose weight and slowly strenghthen it. I need the work for my posterior chain which got totally neglected in my 3 years of doing absolutely nothing athletic.

I still have a cheat if I want to take it....im not sure im gonna. So far today has been excellent diet wise and I finally think im really zoning in on what I need to do from a shopping/eating/shake making/cooking perspective.

I can sustain this for as long as I need to ....I just hope I dont plateau to soon, and can milk this type of diet for 35+ more pounds of loss. If I could milk it for 50 more (or just to 275 or whatever) Id be ECSTATIC. From 275-85 ish on down to my ultimate goal of ~240 is prbably going to be much harder.....but I am WAY ahead of myself/.

BarEdul
03-12-2007, 04:54 AM
Having long term goals is great, just don't get so far ahead you lose site of the here and now. Which by the way you are doing a great job of keeping track of. :D

thedisneydad
03-12-2007, 06:06 AM
Wow, good job logging! Keep hitting it!

For the salmon, it tastes kinda like tuna, but with more flavor if that makes sense...the best way to eat it IMO is to get it fresh(freshly caught and filleted is ideal) and take a side steak to the grill. Grill it until it's a golden pink turning frequently and brushing with a combination puree of honey, garlic, onion, and lemon zest...Oh, it's to die for.
Yeah, stay away from Mayo, but you already knew that, haha. It's amazing how when something's bad for you, it tastes SOOOOO good.

With the lower back, just take your time. Think of how long it took you to get that far out of shape, and figure that it may take you that long to get back in shape.

My cardio was rotten as well when I started. You just have to keep doing it. When I decided to get my butt moving, I wasn't even hitting the weights, I started training karate again after almost 10 years off. I went to a couple of tournaments, and was discouraged because I was getting too gassed way too quickly...but I kept at it. I took class five sometimes seven times a week and worked my conditioning that way. I went from 365 to about 285 in just over a year, and my stamina was better than most in my class. I used to surprise the other guys I'd match up against simply due to speed. I'd hear all the time "man, I thought you would be easy to take down, your fat...but I couldn't get a shot!" That felt good.

Anyway, I relocated about 18 months ago and sat around for about 6 months getting fatter again. I had been down to about 260 and then shot back to 280 and lost alot of conditioning. Well, I joined a gym and to work the weights mostly, and fell in love with the elliptical trainers. At first they burned my calves so bad I couldn't work on them more than three times a week. But after about 6-8 weeks I was up to doing 20-25 minutes HIIT five times a week. The HIIT really gives your stamina a boost. Plus when you get done, you are so wiped that you know you did something right. Once I was down to a more joint friendly weight, like 235-240 I started jogging.

I was jogging on the treadmill at 6.5 mph for 30, three times a week. Then I bumped it up to an hour three times a week quite by accident. I was running and decided that I just hadn't had enough so I kept at it. Once I got to an hour the treadmill shut down and started the cooldown session. Now I run five miles three times a week. The running is what broke the last fat loss plateau. It really peels the weight off, and it's so hard on my thigh muscles that I needed to move my leg day to friday so I can take the weekend to recoup. Between the running and the squatting, my legs are sticking out in every direction. They're bigger and stronger than they've ever been. I think that anybody who wants to build huge legs is missing out when they tell you that they don't want to do cardio because it hurts your muscular gains.

Anyway, I need to eat something, so I'll sign off here.

Stick to it, brother.

newz-
03-12-2007, 06:50 AM
cals look good, nice dedication!

zaxx19
03-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Sorry guys had a really CRAZY day. Im wiped.

First off these are my totals for Sunday which is my "cheat meal day"....so take it for what it is worth.

2,412 kcal/ 265g /136g/92g calories/carbs/proteins/fats.

No more McDonalds ever for me.....it did a number on my tummy. I probably should have just not cheated as it was too late by the time I was able to get something to get anything decent.

I think it is gonna be Chipotle next weekend with everything. My stomach cant take hardcore fried stuff anymore.

I also weighed in for the week this(Monday morning) 330.2 for a loss of 1.8 lbs this last week. I was expecting a drop off in weightloss and seem to have picked up some water in the last couple days..cheating at McDeaths probably didnt help.

It brings my total lost in 5 weeks to like 17.3 lbs./ or (3.6 lbs per week).Thats right in line with what I wanted since obviously at the very beginning im gonna lose a bit more than 1.5-3 lbs I should be losing a week. Im getting stronger, more flexible, and feel like even with my pathetic cardio workouts there has been improvement.

I was planning on cardio before the day began but some craziness has happened today after I left to go to traffic court early in the morning. Basically I messed my tire all up on the way when I skidded to catch a confusing exit(man Im straight crazy stuntman sometimes behind the wheel)......for like 10 minutes I was like "this car has no breaks" and was friggin out...then I noticed the flat and pulled over in the middle of the tollway. Well I had to change it in a drizzle and got mud all over me, mind you im on my way to court.

So I ended up late to court but got a continuance after a polic officer at the door accused me of lying and then proceeded to inspect my car!!!

I also had to do some business in Chicago with our office which is a total PITB bc there is no parking really availible anywhere......so its like a mile walk each way. Plus I was carrying about 30 lbs worth of stuff.

By 4:00 I was so wiped I collapsed in bed at my folks who had called me and asked me to watch the place bc they are going to Champaign to help my brother with some issue at school.

No cardio sorry. And my diet isnt gonna be picture perfect.

lol. Imma try to stretch before bed, stay cool guys the encouragement is really awesome and I hope all you guys can subscribe and peak in every few days.

BarEdul
03-13-2007, 04:58 AM
Days from Hell seem to be there for all of us! Take it easy and get some rest for a night! Enjoy and I will be lurking keeping an eye on you.

zaxx19
03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Mondays Macros...had a bad day so they were a bit skewed....ugh.

Totals: 2,266 Kc 75g fat 237g carbs 140g protein Not bad for being stranded without much food for hours.

zaxx19
03-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Days been busy....finally got some adjustable dumbells.

My home gym is as ghetto as they come. Rickety bench with Incline and decline options + pulley attachment(overhead only). I think it actually tilts to the left but hey I live dangerously..lol.

My bar downstairs is missing the bolts in the end so I cant really use it for everything(ive been RDLing with plates,and on benchs sometimes it slides a bit.

Im gonna probably end up buying a whole new bar...

I do have a really nice treadmill that was probably ~1K when my folks bought it and isnt too worn at all...definitely close to club quality.

Went shopping and spent 71 bucks even though im gonna need to buy some other stuff for the rest of the week later on....cant understand why I cant get by on 70 a week?.

Ill post again a little later with macros and workout if I do it. Im leaning towards just taking an extra days rest.

zaxx19
03-14-2007, 02:41 AM
Macros: 2,346 245g 176g 67g CAL/CARBS/PRT/FTS

(Bit low on protein AGAIN and maybe a touch high on fats; getting busy these days happy to keep my diet even this close to optimal)

The next 4 days I WILL get 200 grams of protein into my body...even If I need to drink 3 shakes a day.....this 170 grams per day needs to end bc I am probably 200 or more in lean body mass and im lifting.

I didnt lift as scheduled today....its my first miss since I started the 8 day split ive been on for awhile....had alot of stress lately and some missing sleep so this is smart IMHO, just didnt feel completely rejuvenated today.

Ive been having some digestive issues lately(ill spare the details) so I got some beans to help with fiber. We will see if they work. If anybody knows a good recipe with them feel free to tell me.

Im just gonna go to bed now and get some much needed sleep.

Peace!

Rainmaker
03-14-2007, 03:04 AM
Keep it up amigo, you're doing great! And yes, cheat days will put water weiight on because of the increase sodium (especially Rotten Ronnie's)

ScottC
03-14-2007, 03:38 AM
Keep up the good work zaxx.

BarEdul
03-14-2007, 04:59 AM
If you need fiber you are probably holding some extra weight there. DOn't forget you can cheat and use something like Metamucil *I think thats the right brand* if it gets too desperate.

zaxx19
03-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Im gonna try to do it through diet....

...basically I prefer doing things like that through diet if possible...if not then I rely on supplementation.

Im already taking like 16 pills a day and ~2 protein shakes and a BCAA supplement(Xtend) so adding more supplementation is something id like to avoid at if at all possible.

Good looking out BarEdul...it is definitely an option.

Diet is good, about to workout later tonight, feel like the extra day off was smart.

BarEdul
03-15-2007, 05:19 AM
Why 16 pills a day can't you consolidate a few? I have meds I have to take so I know how much a pain all those pills are.

I don't use supplementation if I can avoid it but sometimes it's necessary. And with the way you are cutting you are doing what is perfect for you so way to go.

zaxx19
03-15-2007, 06:22 AM
I kind pulled that 16 figure out of my butt...

....lets see 2 dailys, 2-4 joint supports, 2 omega oils, 2 for concentration and general mood, 1 coQ10, 1 magnesium citrate, 1 grapeseed extract, 2 garlic pills. So 13-15 a day....

Cant really consolidate any of them, I have a slight depresion that I treat very effectively through supplements and a tendancy towards high blood pressure that I have BEEN widely successful in treating through supplementation. The rest are pretty generic health ones I would take even in perfect health.(for instance CoQ10 is one EVERYONE needs to be on proobably from the age of 14 on...)

It actually is good bc it forces me to eat a real breakfast daily...cant take all those pills without some discomfort if I dont eat.

zaxx19
03-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Last nights workout report!!!

Well like I alluded to in my last couple posts I did buy some more weight for my ghettofabulous home gym setup and got some adjustable Dumbells to boot.

The new 5 lb plates allowed me to slap on some extra weight for my benchpresses and my lat pulldowns and this was necessary since the weight was getting laughably light.

Im now doing 100 lbs for my benchs(4X20 reps) which is still REALLY light but at least I can feel it in my pecs on the last few reps.

For those wondering why so light please read back where I explain the purpose of my priming workout that I am engaged in now...it isnt primarily for strength or size so weight isnt AS important as technique and some good volume with reps.

Like always I did the following workout:

Lat pulldowns 4x20(I added weight also on this exercise)
Benchpress 4X20(triple digits...woot woot.)
Curls 4X20(15 lbs with the dumbells now!)+superseted w/hmr crls on lst 2 sets
Tricep pushdowns4X20
Squats 4X20

I cap the workout at 1 hour for some good pace and decent cardio benefit.

The workout went ovewr today because I was getting used to the new stuff and a heavier weight went like 75 minutes....but usually im right in their at 60 minutes.

Cardio was just a 15 minute cool down @ 3.0 MPH...I was wiped from the weights.

DIET MACROS

Totals: 2,689 68g 443mg 4,887mg 303g 97g 24g 216g

Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein

My highest total ever....good thing it was my main lifting day! I told you guys id get 200 grams of protein.....and I accidentally went over because I had forgotten about some earlier eating from the morning....that account for about 125 Kcal of surplus also...but im not worried, I am almost always under my 2350-2400 target except for those notorious cheat days that I havent really figured out yet(I think im just gonna stick with Chipotle from now on for 2 meals that day with everything on it).

Im gonna leave out the Buffalo burgers I got on Tuesday for today....Itll be interesting ive never had buffalo.....so we will see. Just kind of perplexed on how to eat it. They didnt have my lean sirloin roast I usually eat for my red meat so I had to try some other new sources of red meat. I got both the buffalo burgers and 92% lean ground beef burgers...we will see which one is better...I got some serious doubts about ground beef THAT lean being edible.

ScottC
03-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Im gonna leave out the Buffalo burgers I got on Tuesday for today....Itll be interesting ive never had buffalo.....so we will see. Just kind of perplexed on how to eat it. They didnt have my lean sirloin roast I usually eat for my red meat so I had to try some other new sources of red meat. I got both the buffalo burgers and 92% lean ground beef burgers...we will see which one is better...I got some serious doubts about ground beef THAT lean being edible.
As in everything, it's how you cook it. I make hamburgers with x-tra lean GB and grill them up. Tastes great. Big thing is to have the burger meat well wrapped and brought close to room temp before cooking. Same thing with steaks. This allows for fairly even cooking throughout the burger/steak.

Buffalo tastes good. It tastes like very lean ground beef to me. When I used to live in northern Michigan, there was a buffalo farm nearby, so I had buffalo burgers fairly often in restaurants or at home.

Josh Butler
03-15-2007, 09:38 AM

Buffalo is great. I remember it having a cleaner taste than regular groud beef. My wife eats the 90-92% lean and she likes it, I'm on keto so I have to eat regular.

One thing I have not noticed is how much water you're drinking. I drink a minimum of one gallone per day. Gallon jugs are cheap, I get them for $.64 each. I buy three or four at at time. I get distilled and when I finish it, I fill it with tap water. So, every other day I drink distilled and then the next tap, if that makes sense. It's only costing me 32 cents a day plus tax. I've lost 17 pounds in the last month and a half, so I'd say its worth a shot.

zaxx19
03-15-2007, 11:28 PM
I definitely drink a gallon on lifting days.....bc I take in atleast 60 fluid ounces during the workout or immediately after it.

I mean I do not drink anything but milk and water....and dont think im dehydrated.....but you are probably right I do need to make sure Im getting proper hydration on off days/.

Thanks for the advice Josh.

ScottC
03-16-2007, 12:55 AM
I definitely drink a gallon on lifting days.....bc I take in atleast 60 fluid ounces during the workout or immediately after it.
I drink 4 liters minimum on off days, zaxx. Usually at least 7 liters on lifting days. Boost your water intake. I use a 1 liter bottle to measure my progress during the day.

zaxx19
03-16-2007, 05:57 AM
Kinda felt bad yestersday got sick later and had to go to bed early....I still worked out and felt really well, but my macros will look paltry about 2/3rds of what they should be.

I think I got this #2 workout down to a T.

Standing pullovers
DB front raises

Rest

RDL
Sitting rear delt raises on Incline bench

Rest

Standing calf raises
Upright rows

Now that I have most of the equipment I need I think im gonna stick to this complimentary workout for at least 51/2 more weeks before going to a 5 X 5 program or Rippletoes.

Remember Im on an 4/8 day split with equal numbers of work days and rest days and 3-5 days of cardio depending on my DOMS and how I feel.

When I go to my next plan the cardio will DEFINITELY be ratcheted up....this porgram is merely a primer for a regular beginners program bc of how god awful I was conditioning wise after nerely 3 years of complete neglect of my body.

Macros:
Totals: 1,458/ C 144g / P 128g / F 42g

Thoughts: I need to make cardio more of a priority and hit it hard for the next 2 days.

My felxibility continues to improve, my back is continually sore/stiff especially upon waking.

My RDL are coming into their own, I read a article that really helped by explaining the movement as one of limited ROM and more of a horizontal movement than a vertical one...it really clicked and I felt my RDLs heavily in my ass and especially hammies. I am doing almost no weight(45 lbs) so after the next workout I will consider upping appreciably.

Slow and steady wins the race gentleman. I started with laughable weight on bench (67 lbs) and 2 months later 50% more weight(100lbs) feels still very light and my joints are great. And thats with absolutely no interest in gaining power/strength in my present program.

Looking forward I am going to have to set my weights at the beginning of Rippletoes/ 5X5 alot more aggressively than I planned to except for perhaps deadlift as my lower back continues to lag horribly in development.

I dont think ill be able to go less than 185+ on the beginning of bench for only 5 reps any less would be a complete joke. I just hope my lower back issues doesnt impede my squatting progress.....DL I am basically just going to be very conservative on and just look for progress bc Ive never really done much of it outside hex bars for football.

Im kinda chomping at the bit for a new program but I also have learned to be patient and overestimate how long it will take to get my body primed for a real weightlifitng "power" program like Bill Starr or Rippletoes.

Im probably shooting for 5 weeks from Monday...still debating how long of a break to give myself before starting...anywhere from 5-8 days off seems appropriate to me. I want to be 100% fresh and explosive for the program....and I dont think with proper diet much loss of muscle can occur in that span personally.

Rocksmtu
03-16-2007, 06:15 AM
do you have a link to that article of RDL? I am always interested in making sure I am doing those right. I dont have any back pain while doinng them, and I want to make sure it stays that way.

zaxx19
03-16-2007, 06:53 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1812091

Where are my reps? lol ....no good article though.

zaxx19
03-16-2007, 07:31 PM
feeling the DOMS from my primary WO on Wendsday pretty badly today.

Im gonna make sure I get some cardio in before bed..... Buffalo was great...calories were a bit high as was fat but hell the protein is great.

zaxx19
03-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Macros...low bc I missed a meal bc I had to go do some family things....my brother is home for spring break so I spent some quality time with him and went out a bit.

Totals: 1,770 66g 333mg 3,143mg 110g 34g 17g 177g

Not bad considering I missed a meal....protein is pretty strong, carbs very lfats a touch high and cals a bit low.

Tommorow should be picture perfect.

Cardio: 30 Minute walk. Was so-so....DOMS is pretty harsh right now throughout my core and legs and tris. Gonna suck it up stretch a bunch and do a good session tommorow before my lifting on sunday to close out the week....also looking forward to a good Chicago style pizza cxheat on sunday with my brother. That should be enjoyable.

BarEdul
03-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Enjoy the cheat... Pizza is one of my favorite cheats too.

ScottC
03-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Enjoy the cheat... Pizza is one of my favorite cheats too.
Where are you going for the 'za, zaxx?

zaxx19
03-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Gino's Eat fo shizzle.

My brother is home for spring break and theres one right next to where I live...literally like 4 minutes away...

(The one in Schaumburg for those who know suburban Chicago_)

The good thing is thick crust pizza it it fills me up pretty fast...no way can I eat more than like 3 pieces...but g-d thats still probably ~1200-1500 Kcal.

Im gonna definitely just do veggies...Ive been getting some decent Sat fat this weeks with some of the red meats added to my diet(I definitely needed to get away from chicken breast only though) and I want to limit it in this cheat.

BarEdul
03-17-2007, 02:41 PM
I do thin crust but I too can not eat more than 3 pieces, but I think mine are a smidge large pieces.. :D Have a happy ST. Patty's day!

ScottC
03-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Gino's Eat fo shizzle.

The good thing is thick crust pizza it it fills me up pretty fast...no way can I eat more than like 3 pieces...but g-d thats still probably ~1200-1500 Kcal.

Im gonna definitely just do veggies...
I haven't been to Gino's in years. I only have been to the one downtown.

I am not a fan of thick crust. Deep dish is my love...but I haven't eaten a piece in years. :(

My fav spinach pizza was from Giordano's. Thing that stinks in Chicago, because of the popularity of spinach as an ingredient, most places charge double the price if you want it on the pizza. SPINACH...it is so cheap. Oh well...my rant is done.

zaxx19
03-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah as for NY style....me and my brother really like chicken as a topping and alot of people charge extra for that also.....

...before I worked in a pizza parlor in college I thought pizza was a horrible deal...then I learned 1) How much cheese costs and 2) How much cheese goes on a pizza!!!....

Believe me If you bought the cheese in the deli aisle for like a large it be like 8-10 bucks by itself...dairy is getting pricey here in the states realtive to what it was just 10 years ago.

I got a good session of cardio in tonight and stretched it out...I have some DOMS in my tris and quads still need a good nights rest so my workout goes well tommorow.

Ill post my macros tommorow bout to eat.

zaxx19
03-18-2007, 05:02 AM
Totals: 2,154 62g 279mg 4,785mg 230g 26g 175g
Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Fiber Protein

Still having problems getting to 200 grams of protein but getting darn close.

Carbs: 42.75%
Proteins : 32.75% Pretty nice spread though/.
Fats: 25%

I made my first increase on cardio, and took it from 30 to 32 minutes.

I think I will try to target an increase of volume every 2-3 weeks
(8-10 workouts). Im gonna always keep them modest also. Im MUCH less worried about getting into primo cardio shape anytime soon that with just being consistent in my cardio....everything else cardio wise tends to fall into place if you are consistent...plus im not a jogger so...im just doing it for weight loss and general cV health so VO2 capacity up to a point will not really help me. Im gonna stick to my 4 times every 8 days model for cardio also....it might seem modest but its working and the increase in work capacity, the weight loss and the ease of sticking to it plus the neglible joint problems im experiencing so far lead me to believe im on the right track...If I plateau for awhile I think about ramping it up to 5-6 sessions every 8 days but for now its frozen at 4.

4 days of cardio and 4 days of lifting every 8 days if done CONSISTENTLY is plenty belive me if you go about things smart and your diet is consistently good like mine is now.

Ill check in in maybe 12 hours or more with my workout results/cheat report/and Macros for Sunday. Im gonna go try to catch a few ZZZZs and get up at like 11 A.M. central to get back on a normal schedule.

zaxx19
03-19-2007, 07:31 AM
1,847 48g 207mg 3,624mg 187g 162g
Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Protein

Having issues with my stomach so im getting low calories/protein....Im gonna probably end up going to a doctor if it doesnt get better in the next few days.

My workout was really kind of hard, I didnt feel really good but I got through it and didnt really miss any reps or anything.

My bench is still at 99-100 lbs for 20 reps....I am actually starting to feel like im reaching at least close to where I should be for 20...Im sure I could go to 135 but im just taking my time. Ill look to raise it another 10 lbs in 2 more weeks.

Cardio:32 minute walk outside. Weather is finally good enough to do this....gonna try to give my treadmill a break for awhile if possible.

Back is still stiff but a little better....flexibility still improving.

I didnt get to cheat yesterday bc my brother went out with hos friends so ill be having my pizza and eating it too tonight...I weighed myself but im gonna post tommorows weight to be consistent with posting after the cheat meals.....I can tell you as of 8 am CST this morning things were VERY good.

Thats my teaser; stay tuned....

zaxx19
03-20-2007, 04:38 AM
Macros from Monday 19th:

2,394 69g 304mg 3,057mg 204g 17g 218g
Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Fiber Protein

Lots O' protein...stomach felt better....finished of my last 2 buffalo steak patties...they were delicious and I think I found the best way to make them a little medium rare and w/ Montreal Steak seasoning....AWFULLY GOOD.

Had some Marinated bean salad...it was kinda gross.

My workout went very well...upped the weight a little on one of the exercises and felt great afterwards....

My MCL is giving me fits on my right leg...its an old and fairly minor thing from football a long time ago/.

BarEdul
03-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Where's your weight? and How is it going?

ScottC
03-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Where's your weight? and How is it going?
...and did I miss it, how was your pizza?? :D

zaxx19
03-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Ok guys look I didnt go yet to my cheat....I am either going tonight or not going till sunday....ive been off schedule for about a week now because of some work stuff and illness plus im naturally a night owl anyway. That coupled with my brother going out with some friends have kept me from going to Gino's East.

SINCE i didnt cheat yet I didnt want to do an official weigh-in....till I cheat, as to not skew the results after I gain from the cheat.

ScottC
03-20-2007, 03:04 PM
SINCE i didnt cheat yet I didnt want to do an official weigh-in....till I cheat, as to not skew the results after I gain from the cheat.
I would still have done an official weigh in. Even if I cheated twice in a week, I still stick on my schedule. The only time I haven't was when I was gone on my "official day" of Monday, plus I didn't bring my scale and my mom does not have computer access...so I was out-of-luck if I wanted to. ;)

One thing I have learned during this plan is stick to the schedule, even if I have had to miss w/o's, etc...

zaxx19
03-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I weighed myself monday morning and was 324.9 for a loss of 5.3 lbs.....

BUT, I think I was a bit dehydrated bc I had been sick and I hadnt cheated yet.

So I didnt want to like post it then end up gaining some weight in my next weight in from just getting better from an illness.

Actually, your right Scott I should have just posted the thing then explained the situaution before the next weight post.

Anyway...im under 325 woot hoot! At least for the moment.

ScottC
03-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Anyway...im under 325 woot hoot! At least for the moment.
A rather negative sounding post ^^^^. It should read, "im under 325 woot hoot! soon I will be under 320!"

zaxx19
03-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Im fearing the loose skin .....I think im already seing it happening.: (

zaxx19
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Totals: 2,500 144g 270mg 3,400mg 163g 137g

I was going to add a shake to kind off brindge the protein gap but I passed out on my couch and just slept....made sure I had a big breakfast.

The pizza turned out to be really good, I also had some Buffalo Chicken bites without the dip for an appetizer.

I went to Pizzeria Unos instead of Gino's East ....I actually think I prefer Uno's now....personally.

Excellent crust, great cheese and good amount of cheese/pepporoni without going overboard. It kinda sucked because I wanted to get supremember but my brother cant stand veggies on pizza so we got pepporoni....still was great.

Had about 4 glasses of water with lemon and could hardly finish half of the pizza...though I eventually did. I really think my stomach is smaller than before because I felt really hungry before the meal and the appetizer was pretty paltry, and still after 2 pieces of pizza I could have just stopped there easily...probably should have....: )

Im gonna need like major fiber today....not to get real speicifc on you guys but im really stopped up...im afraid to even weight myself.

Gonna go use some benecal...Gonna definitely do some cardio later.

Quickxi
03-21-2007, 08:03 PM
nice thread so far, keep going. Pizza must've tasted awesome, mmmmmm pizzzzzzzaaaaa.... :)

ScottC
03-22-2007, 03:46 AM
The pizza turned out to be really good, I also had some Buffalo Chicken bites without the dip for an appetizer.

I went to Pizzeria Unos instead of Gino's East ....I actually think I prefer Uno's now....personally.
Glad you enjoyed your pizza. Gino's East is overrated in my book. People always thought it was a place to go because of all the carving in the booths/walls at the one downtown. They opened one up in the 'burbs since the only people who go to GE downtown are suburbanites and out-of-towners. :D Uno's is much better, but I still like Giordano's the best for deep dish.

If you were going to cheat, you should have had the dip with the bites. ;)

zaxx19
03-22-2007, 08:12 AM
900 23g 90mg 2,860mg 98g 82g

Ya, I got stuck out doing a bunch of stuff business-wise and then with my brother then crashed really early; had a horrible stomach ache later in the day and couldnt eat....it was pretty much a nightmare scenario....cant believe I didnt eat more/better...I guess these things happen....I also didnt do cardio which I needed to do...UGH! Im goin to go for a LONG walk right now and doing really well on my diet today so far....I might go a little High on Kcal...bt ill make sure the protein is there 200 grams minimum.

Im gonna have to REALLY lock in on getting as close to optimal everything diet wise as I can for the next few day, today is off to a good start.

zaxx19
03-22-2007, 06:33 PM
2,816 80g 508mg 6,015mg 301g 194g

Alot of carbs....yesterday kind of lead to overcarbing today..not a good pattern hopefully this is over. Just a hiccup...I dont think I will be cheating this weekend at all.....perhaps a Subway Sub meal with a cookie or soemthing.

I need to get back in the diet groove.....I have to be honest with myself the last perhaps 5 days hasnt been great, some slipping, some not eating enough, too many processed carbs overall.....not an avalanche but definite slippage.

Im gonna turn it up for the next 9 days and really try to eat cleanly(for me).

Im also gonna workout tommorow morning instead of perhaps tonight. My schedule was so backwards for awhile thats a more realistic rest anyway/.

I walked twice today for 25 minutes each time. I am about to get some good rest tonight and when I get up it is gonna be a great workout.

Thanks for all the support people....

BarEdul
03-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Don't berate yourself too bad just get back on that diet! We all slip once in a while and it's a matter of doing the good things the next day that is important!!

zaxx19
03-23-2007, 05:27 PM
For sure....it wasnt really like i just went off the diet either...

more like just let things slip into it and then had some rough days....things kind off snowballed but I think ive stopped it before ive done any real damage and just gonna dedicate myself to refocusing on diet over the next 9-10 days before my next cheat.(im gonna not cheat this weekend).

Im going shopping tonight so Ill be extra careful to keep it pretty clean and basic and try to avoid any mishaps.

Today is going well so far, I still have weight work to do tonight, and I am probably gonna do cardio tommorow along with my assist lifts. Back is feeling a bit better, everything else 100%.

zaxx19
03-24-2007, 06:08 AM
2,834 56g 325mg 4,744mg 350g 133g 37g 228g

Had a big day eating...kinda just let myself eat especially because it was my primary lifting day...great protein numbers...actually could have used a bit more fat even with the one choc chip cookie I snuck in.

My workout went quite well, I finished in just at 60 minutes and was drenched in sweat and out of breath....which for me is a good thing. I am probably going to need to up the bench weight and perhaps the lat pulldown weight just a little in another 2-4 workouts...just keep getting stronger...

According to some people on this board you cant cut and gain strength and/or muscle.....and I while I think that might be true for an ecto who is say 20 lbs over his natural weight.....it certainly isnt for an overweight ecto. It just kind of gets irksome when people generalize about what is physically possible based on their experiences and their genetics predispositions.....it is kind of like me saying it is impossible to get ripped without lsoing alot of strength because ive never done that and it probably be hard for me being a Endo-Meso mix.

Personally for lifting I think Endo-meso is the best, I mean nowone else can touch our strength and power and how rapidly we progress and more importantly how much muscle we retain and how wonderfully efficient our muscle memory is.....I see alot of ectos who while looking good, you can tell will lose ALL of their mass in like 4-6 months of not lifting or eating a ton...and honestly life happens so....of course the downside is we can also readily put on fat and will put on fat if our diet is bad....I think that is almost a plus because it gives up instant feedback when our diet goes wrong as opposeed to even a pure meso...who sometimes can ride a bad diet to a decent looking body. Anyway....random thoughts...

Im still pretty concerned about trying to deadlift once I get on a 5X5 or Rippletoes typeworkout in a month or so....my lower back is way weak and gives me fits all the time. Wish I had an extension machine in my basement...too bad those things are like hundreds of bucks. Ill just keep working the RDLs and see if I progress.

ScottC
03-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Im still pretty concerned about trying to deadlift once I get on a 5X5 or Rippletoes typeworkout in a month or so....my lower back is way weak and gives me fits all the time. Wish I had an extension machine in my basement...too bad those things are like hundreds of bucks. Ill just keep working the RDLs and see if I progress.
Do a search on Google. There are some floor exercises that kind of replicate extensions. There are other you can do for lower back too, in addtion to doing your ab work which helps shore up the core.

As for your thoughts...most every body type will have newbie gains for up to several months. Most people who say you can't do both is when you have been lifting for a while, then one usually must choose. There are some, with excellent meal plans who can continue to make small gains while they cut fat.

BarEdul
03-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Don't feel bad ZAXX, I am part buffalo for a girl, I can move 350 lbs on an inverted sled, I can one arm row 220lbs no problem. Yet when you look at me they think fat sloppy and weak. I gain muscle easily but fat comes off slowly on me I am not the typical woman genetically and it's a pain in my arse when people try to stuff me in a box genetically. It just doesn't work for me like it does others so I have to watch myself and do it sometimes my way and just not mention what I am up too. :D

You are losing great and you begining losses are explained by how far you have to go and how very far you have come. Keep up the work the scrutiny and the care you are doing and you will go far.

zaxx19
03-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Thnx Bar, id rep you but you dont need it....your an awesome encouragement.

In other news!!!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

They should be up by like 15 but Memphis is hitting 3's everywhere.

zaxx19
03-25-2007, 03:29 PM
2,218 Kcal 67g Fats 225g carbs 168g Proteins

I was a Whey shake short of perfection....couldnt get ot it and had 2 glasses of 1% instead.

I opted to go ahead and take my cheat today but definitely did it within reason this time, just a normal meal at Applebees with my brother since he was leaving today for college and I might not be able to see him this summer(he is applying for an internship in Baltimore).

I split some boneless Buffalo Wings appetizer with him 50/50, Had a sirloin sandwich on ciabatta bread(ummm white carbs) with some fries that I split with him, and I had half of a dessert brownie thing.

Not a great cheat not a horrible one...It is within normal range of what Id consider a real cheat meal. No pop, no trans fats, half an order of fries, and half a dessert. Pretty darn satisfying, I had to kinda force myself to finish the sandwich bc im so used to eating small meals for the last 7 weeks....It is funny to see how your body changes like that.

My workout went well last night, really strong and my back is feeling a bit better bit by bit it is getting there.

Ill probably report back later tonight with a macro for today and perhaps some cardio reports.

zaxx19
03-26-2007, 09:36 AM
First things first, I weighed in just as I awoke at: 324.8, which is pretty much identical to my weight last week.

This was actually better than I expected....remember there were 2 cheats between these weighins and bc of some personal stuff and business stuff last week wasnt so great from a diet perspective, plus my cardio wasnt anything spectacular. I also rehydrated myself after some illness....so all in all this result is VERY encouraging to me. I thought for sure I had put on 2-3 lbs and actually was at peace with that result given the circumstances.

ANYWAY, I am looking forward to a GREAT 2 weeks of dieting without many distractions and with a little lull in my work stuff. I am also dedicating myself right now to not cheating this weekend and to wait till 2 weeks from yesterday to cheat. Im going to judge then if I will go to a bimonthly cheat instead of a weekly one. Personally I think I dont need one every week anymore, but I dont know is 2 weeks is too long...we will see.

I forgot to post my macros from yesterday which includes a 1500 Kcal cheat meal ....it isnt pretty but here are the facts. Im glad I had my cheat meal as an early lunch and could follow it up with some cardio....and leafy green veggies.

2,930 Kcal 260g cabs 170g proteins 133g fats

I shoulda had a whey shake before bed but felt stuffed...no more of that slacking this week!!! Last week was a little slippage but that regression ends in these 2 weeks!

The weather is awesome outside, im gonna start walking more frequently probably and use the treadmill less. I want to enjoy the outdoors while the weather is good.

BarEdul
03-26-2007, 09:46 AM
We both had bad weeks buddy, it's cool to see your attitude about it all. I get so up tight when I screw up but last week was packed full of stress for me!! You are doing great with your motivation good job!

zaxx19
03-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Do a search on Google. There are some floor exercises that kind of replicate extensions. There are other you can do for lower back too, in addtion to doing your ab work which helps shore up the core.

As for your thoughts...most every body type will have newbie gains for up to several months. Most people who say you can't do both is when you have been lifting for a while, then one usually must choose. There are some, with excellent meal plans who can continue to make small gains while they cut fat.

Ya, I actually am going to start oncorporating a movement using my pool table as support that ive seen on some sites...its super secure and really not too challenging which for me at this point is a positive, my back isnt great today after the RDLs 2 days ago...I get wicked 2nd day soreness...probably why I love 8 days plits as oppossed to weekly ones.. gives me that extra day to rest.

zaxx19
03-26-2007, 10:18 AM
We both had bad weeks buddy, it's cool to see your attitude about it all. I get so up tight when I screw up but last week was packed full of stress for me!! You are doing great with your motivation good job!

I think I might be the most optimistic ive ever been about my long term prospects for health and weight control...

I mean the 6 meal a day thing and tracking my macros (is/has been) such a g-dsend, I feel like there are billions being spent on the "secret" behind weightloss while ive already found it ....I just dont experience the cravings anymore and the mistakes I do make are like mistakes of convenience/laziness more than anything else. Over the long term those types of things can be easily overcome just with experience and strategies while the horrible cravings I used to experience are just very hard to overcome period..

Im 100% sure im gonna lose the weight in the longterm, Im not in a rush, and im more keyed on changes in behavior than changes on a scale(though the scale can be encouraging).

With those 3 things operating It is gonna be hard NOT to be successful barring some sort of freak injury or lifechanging even.

zaxx19
03-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Click totals for charts! Totals:

2,308 Kcal 220g carbs 204g proteins 71g fats.

Thats about perfect as it gets for my goals.

1 day down, 13 more to go....

ScottC
03-27-2007, 03:49 AM
Im 100% sure im gonna lose the weight in the longterm, Im not in a rush, and im more keyed on changes in behavior than changes on a scale(though the scale can be encouraging).
Can't rush it without the risk of putting it all back on when one gets discouraged at seeing a smaller, but still fat, person in the mirrior....imo. It is worth it to do it right the first time.

Rainmaker
03-27-2007, 04:15 AM
Doin great Zaxx. Good to see you didn't freak out when you saw the scale after cheat days. I know some people who practically have a breakdown if they a pound heavier on a given day

zaxx19
03-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Can't rush it without the risk of putting it all back on when one gets discouraged at seeing a smaller, but still fat, person in the mirrior....imo. It is worth it to do it right the first time.

4sure, like I said before this is my first serious diet of my life....I mean ive lost weight but never consciously written down what I ate, counted my calories, counted and manipulated my macronutrients.....

The crazy thing to me isnt losing the weight, I always knew I could do that if I really wanted to, The crazy thing will be attacking the weights in a year or so after im done with this cut with all the new dietary knowledge I have and am amassing throught he website here......I think working out is gonna be alot more fruitful and exciting then than it ever has before.

zaxx19
03-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Doin great Zaxx. Good to see you didn't freak out when you saw the scale after cheat days. I know some people who practically have a breakdown if they a pound heavier on a given day

As someone who has been over 250 for like 10 years....I cant sweat 1-2 pound shifts, I mean I have them all the time.

It is one of the reasons I choose to only weigh myself once a week...in fact 4-6 lbs of water shift arent really THAT rare at my present size.

zaxx19
03-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Got my big pail of Xtend yesterday, gonna start using it pretty heavily, the last can was awesome and I was dosing it pretty low. The price is a bit steep but I cant really argue with the results. I have to shout out bbing.com they delivered my stuff in like 2-3 days, it came well packed and with a free mag, and with the 10% coupon basically I got shipping free. Their serivce people are also top notch. I think im a 100% loyal to the site now...the 10% coupon closes the gap enough with my other site that im gonna just give bbing.com thebenefit of the doubt bc their are more reliable and better at shipping.

Im gonna go workout.

Ill post later on.

zaxx19
03-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Workout went very well....might up the weights on the compound lifts soon......I kinda backed off the weight on the tricep pushdowns bc for some strange reason it is killing my shoulder(incorrect postioning?) Anyway shoulder health is king for me since I have a history there and bad shoulders run in my family...

Back in my young turk days I was BTN pressing like 185 for explosive reps....soon anough I was feeling the effects of doing that with a full ROM and no joint support....yikes. I think I tore my rotator a little bit during an intermural football game hitting my friend....thats when I stopped working out seriously about 3 years back. They feel great now though and the Move Free by Schiff is the best joint support ive ever taken so....props to them.

I used the XTEND today and had a noticeable lack of soreness on my last 2 sets....I luv the stuff but it does seem outrageously priced sometimes compared to good solid whey proteins....like Dynamatize Elite that I use.

I also went for a 35 minute walk at a local lake with my mom who just got back from Cleveland visiting her parents....it was cool bc all the nature stufff was basically going crazy over here with the warming temperatures. Im gonna really try to do alot of cardio(walking) outdoors these next 5-6 months and take advantage while I can bc Ive been kind of an indoors person of late and it is downright depressing...I could see myself eventually getting into hiking and camping....I remember doing that stuff in camp and really enjoying it.

Here are my Macros for the day....

2,347 Kcal 218g carbs 224g proteins 80g fats

...bit high in fat not too bad mostly because I had to eat a meal out with my mom.....it was healthy though chicken salad meditteranean style. The vinagrette hurt though lol. Im starting to do well in controlling the carbs as I have introduced more fibrous veggies into my diet.

Well im off to bed guys need some good sleep after a pretty hard day on my body im gonna be out when my head hits that pillow...thats a good feeling though when you are training.

Rainmaker
03-28-2007, 02:12 AM
If your shoulder is sore from Tricep pushdowns, you most likely are using incorrect form. Basicall, everything above your elbow should be locked in place when doing that from what I've been told. I try my hardest not to move shoulders and upper arm when doing pushdowns.

Don't worry about the slightly high fat. I've given up being strict on my macros. I only worry about my protein (have to hit 200g) and the overall calories. Carbs and Fat are basically the same to as far as I'm concerned, so if one is a little higher or lower on a given day, who cares.

Keep up the great work buddy!

Also.......YAY FOR WARM WEATHER!! My mountain bike (my secret weight loss weapon) is getting ready to come out of the basement.

boyscouT
03-28-2007, 03:15 PM
I used the XTEND today and had a noticeable lack of soreness on my last 2 sets....I luv the stuff but it does seem outrageously priced sometimes compared to good solid whey proteins....like Dynamatize Elite that I use.

Xtend != DE

Why are you comparing them?

zaxx19
03-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey Boyscout thanx for visiting, dont be a stranger...

I really didnt mean to compare the two products one for one but basically wondering why some isolated BCAAs and fake sugar would cose so much more than say...whey proteins....IDK perhaps it is a silly question...basically if you use Xtend as directed(which many longtime users DO NOT DO) it would be like almost a kilo a month of use....whoch is like 50-60 bucks a month on just BCAAs...a bit steep IMHO. My use is around half of what they recommend and has produced good result s so im gonna stick to that.

It is sort of mental masturbation since to be quite honest I have more than enough money to spend the cash on supplemements just kind of a deal seeker by nature.

Hope to see you around here every little bit posting your log is completely amazing and Ive read alot of it just learning and absorbing your thoughts and experiences on things.

zaxx19
03-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey guys, had a bad time today I woke up about 6.5 hours after going to bed and threw up ....it was the first time in like YEARS, I think I ate some bad food.....UGH.

So basically I just went back to bed and spent most of the day there.....sleeping, reading, listening to gawdawful ESPN radio....you know how it goes.

I finally felt better @ about 8:30 last night got up took a shower, and started to eat a little.

I got a pretty big meal under my belt and halve had one more since and actually feel good. Im gonna try and stay up a little then take a nap and get up....maybe have a shake before bed...

I didnt mention it but the squats I performed yesterday were ATG for the first time. I had some notes I wanna put n here about them but basically for now I just want to note there seems to be alot more soreness in my quads than usual. Im gonna stretch them out before bed...perhaps even do a mini cardio session of like just 15 minutes of slow walking to get some of the lactic moving out....I hope tommorow it doesnt get worse.

Anyway im going to try and stick with the ATG squats for the rest of this porgram so that the Rippletoes will be tolerable with decent hip flexibnility....like everything else I do have a ways to go after neglecting my body so badly for the better part of 3 years but I also have my new weapon which is patience. 3 years of completely neglecting my body and feeding it total dog****...it is gonna take at least a year to even get in decent shape. Im like almost a quarter of the way through so everything is ahead of schedule so far really.

Ill try to post before I go to bed with abbreviated macros and any cardio news.

BarEdul
03-29-2007, 05:28 AM
Being sick sucks especially when you are trying to accomplish something! Hope your doing better dude.

boyscouT
03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey Boyscout thanx for visiting, dont be a stranger...

I really didnt mean to compare the two products one for one but basically wondering why some isolated BCAAs and fake sugar would cose so much more than say...whey proteins....IDK perhaps it is a silly question...basically if you use Xtend as directed(which many longtime users DO NOT DO) it would be like almost a kilo a month of use....whoch is like 50-60 bucks a month on just BCAAs...a bit steep IMHO. My use is around half of what they recommend and has produced good result s so im gonna stick to that.

It is sort of mental masturbation since to be quite honest I have more than enough money to spend the cash on supplemements just kind of a deal seeker by nature.

Hope to see you around here every little bit posting your log is completely amazing and Ive read alot of it just learning and absorbing your thoughts and experiences on things.
Find what works best for YOU. Label says at my weight, to use 6 scoops. I only use 3-4, and i've been recovering great.

Are you substituting BCAAs for your whey protein entirely? They both are amino acids, but serve entirely different purposes. BCAAs should be added onto your total protein intake.

zaxx19
03-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Ya, I think there is still a miscommunication...

I understand that the two supplements are completely independant of eachother and probably just should not of compared the 2's prices.

I use Xtend the exact same way you do.....like 3-4 scoops before and during the workout +2 more after. Im a large man...so I think that extra 2 scoops is necessary. It isnt perfectly clear whether the instructions want you to use Xtend on off days or not.....I am presently not usually doing that. I only lift half the days of the month though(4 day split.)...

The best deal I can find gets me the Kilo size for like 50 bucks delivered....if you know a better way im all ears buddy.

Like I said honestly money thank g-d isnt really an issue in my life right now.....I do well and have savings/business...etc. so it is sort of me just bitching about the expense.

zaxx19
03-29-2007, 12:03 PM
While im up let me give you guys yeaterdays abbreviated macros...

I basically only ended up missing a meal....so thats good.

2,059 Kcal 64g Fats 204g carbs 161g proteins, still coming in a bit high in fats...just a bit...not sweating it too hard but id like to keep it right at that 25% level.

JTrain306
03-29-2007, 11:53 PM
I think I might be the most optimistic ive ever been about my long term prospects for health and weight control...

I mean the 6 meal a day thing and tracking my macros (is/has been) such a g-dsend, I feel like there are billions being spent on the "secret" behind weightloss while ive already found it ....I just dont experience the cravings anymore and the mistakes I do make are like mistakes of convenience/laziness more than anything else. Over the long term those types of things can be easily overcome just with experience and strategies while the horrible cravings I used to experience are just very hard to overcome period..

With those 3 things operating It is gonna be hard NOT to be successful barring some sort of freak injury or lifechanging even.

This was a great post to read. Great mindset!

zaxx19
03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Still felt pretty sick yesterday and saw a doctor.....immediately he saw this rash I have on my forearm and was like "ALLERGIES"...well he was right and got me on some meds and already I feel better and the rash has pretty much gone down as well as the nausea and just all around ill feeling. I usually get rashs when the weather warms up....so it makes alot of sense.

Yesterdays Macros were pretty pathetic because of my messed up schedule and illness....if you combine the last two days and average it....it isnt that bad for being sick. And you really should do that because my schedule kind of got messed up sleep wise so one day ran into the other.

1,265 Kcal 110g Carbs 104g Proteins 50g Fats

I worked out early this morning with my assist workout and it went well. Ill probably look to make a raise in my weights within the next 2 weeks...the RDLs are going really well now, I only really lost the technique once during the four sets of ten. I really like that exercise it targets my upper hams and glutes like nothing else...

Im pretty sore right now and my lower back is like stone so im gonna probably do a mini-cardio session tonight and stretch alot because tommorow night is my primary workout. Im so sore right now im kind of concerned about being able to do it on schedule but we will see how the stretching works. Damn illness messes up everything. lol.

Even though it is early im not too sure if im gonna be losing a big number this week, I kinda look like im keeping some water in....maybe its the allergies? IDK. Im kinda weird when it comes to weight, remember 2 weeks ago(not even) I lost like 5-6 lbs and last week I lost like .2 lbs.....I mean even if I stay the same thats almost 2 lbs a week still on average...I wish my weight moved more regularly but it has always been this way trust me I used to wrestle and even though I was a heavyweight usually, we montiored our weight. Swings of 2-3 percent were pretty regular for me. It might not sound like much but when your 200 or 300 or even 300+ lbs it means swings of over 5 lbs alot. Oh well, Ill just keep plugging away at it and see what the scale says. Not taking my cheat on sunday should help. I decided I will take 2 cheat meals or a full cheat and some ice cream on next sunday, nothing insane but I want to make sure I am strict till then and have something to look forward to.

boyscouT
03-30-2007, 05:57 PM
1,265 Kcal 110g Carbs 104g Proteins 50g Fats

when sick you should eat at maintenance if not more

what are your stats as of today?

zaxx19
03-31-2007, 12:49 AM
BoyScout im just the messenger....lol cant go back in time and feed myself....lol.

I was basically at 2/3rds eating power the last two days...which, while isnt "optimal" it wasnt like I got out of bed all that much to burn anything off either.....aside from one good iron-workout and 2 good cardio walks...so all in all I dont think bodywise it did any damage. I do still feel like im holding some water though....salt intake has been high..maybe I need to keep an eye on that.

Today, I consciously took in alot of good high quality proteins(I had steak,chicken breast,whey shake, buffalo burgers)....and it shows in my macros this is the highest protein total since ive been keeping track and might be of my life...though I doubt it. As Ive noted before I was an AVID lifter in college after being introduced to the Iron in late HS when I started playing Fball. I basically knew that you should take in ~45 grams of protein after working out and have some carbs before hand.....that was pretty much the extent of my dietary knowledge at the time. I probably averaged 100 grams of protein a day if that back then.

Genetics and youth plus some intense workouts eventually took me to repping like 320 for 8s on the bench...but I plauteaued there without getting enough protein,sleep, or leg/core work to really go after my limits power wise.

I feel so thankful to finding this site while still in my 20's so I can really realize eventually all or at least most of my potential........of course thats a ways off and im pretty much just cutting and getting back into exercise but for me thats my goal: to be like 235-250lbs and just able to work on power and do cardio....while looking and feeling great.

85 more lbs of fat to lose...is that all??? Should take about a 10-12 months more thats it...aint nothing but a peanut...lightweight buddy....everyone wants to be in shape but aint nobody wants to cut for a year....

Ok, it is clearly bedtime now folks...

zaxx19
03-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Macros for friday 30th March.

2,387 Kcal 151g carbs 235g Protein(PR) 91g Fats....

Im not gonna sweat the fats that much....with carbs so low and proteins from real food so high today im happy.....time for me to go shopping tommorow and buckle down a bit for my weigh in on monday and through next week till my cheat next sunday.

I think im gonna do egg white omelets for the next 4 days straight with chicken/feta/salsa wraps as 2 of my meals everyday also.....

It will keep me from really getting too far up in calories carbs or fats.

zaxx19
04-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Here are my macros for saturday.

2,163 Kcal 176g carbs 206g proteins 72g fats

Ive been keeping my carbs down a bit last few days, after letting them come up for a few days.

Fats continue to be just a bit high...I would have liked them to be just at around 60 grams for a 2200 Kcal day..oh well. Gotta keep working at it.

Hey guys had a REALLY BUSY DAY YESTERDAY.

First I had to get up early and catch up on some computer work for the business that I had gotten WAY behind on then I went shopping then I went over to a friends then got called by my parents because there was a huge rain storm here and their house flooded last year so we had to move all the furniture and exercise equipment aorund in the basement and check the sump pump and basically sit and wait....for hours.

Because of all that craziness I didnt get around to my workout but am about to do it RIGHT NOW!..,,I did probably burn off 300+ calories moving crap around at breakneck pace and I did have a very good day diet wise...I even brought some food to my parents bc I knew Id be stuck there for 5 hours if not more. I ended up having a turkey bagel sandwich from Einsteins this morning bc I had run out of food(I slept at my folks)...but honestly it was preferrable to missing a meal and the macros are bad but not horrible. On top of it im not really taking a cheat today so I guess you can count that as a 1/2 cheat or whatever

Life happens...and I missed my workout(I dont mind putting it off a day to be honest) but I did my best to stay on my diet and im proud of myself because I know in the past I would have used this as an excuse to just go crazy and eat out for 3 meals while at my folks..

Ok, im gonna go workout now. Be back later on with a report. Possibly some cardio news.

ScottC
04-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Glad to read you kept yourself on track. Now, go grocery shopping so you have some healthy food. ;)

zaxx19
04-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Everythings good...got a freezer full of stuff....and while my carbs might be a touch high today it was a major lift day anyway so im not seeing a huge effect coming for weigh in tommorow. The mirror is telling me its gonna be a decent weigh in but Ill let the scale talk tommorow. Either way my body is back to responding well to my diet and training.

My workout today was amazing I upped my weights on the large exercises by just a bit(5 lbs) to see how my body would feel given my extra day of rest. My workout was spectacular and my shirt was left drenched. The ATG squats are still coming along...we will see what happens soon when I start adding weight to them. My lat pull downs are really strong, and my bench is now 105 for 20 with room for growth in the next 2-3 weeks. The benchs werent really chllenging enough in this workout if it feels like this again im gonna just go right to 110lbs and make any movement from there.

Ideally I wanna be close to repping 135lbs around when I go to Rippletoes or 5X5 in like 5-6 weeks...Ill probably be a bit low but thats fine.

Gotta say my shoulders are really the only thing even bothering me a bit...again on tricep pressdowns and even when I was trying to squat with just a bar for feeling how it would be ATG.

Im gonna stretch and take a walk now....

Ill be back tommorow for the weigh in!!!

Khann
04-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey man you're doing great! Good to hear you're keeping on track; inspirational!

Subscribed. :)

zaxx19
04-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Decided to go ahead and post before bed...

Had a good 32 minute walk around the block...the weather here seems alot like fall now...just a bit rainy. I like it cool so it is perfect for me.

2,612 Kcals 333g Carbs 198g Protein 52g fats

High in carbs but I tend to let it loose a bit on primary lifting days...plus that bagel in the morning...and yikes 333 grams of carbs...yikes. the fat stayed pretty low and the protein was pretty much spot on.

All and all a very productive day from a weightloss POV.

Hopefully ill take it down another notch tommorow on the scale.

boyscouT
04-02-2007, 12:16 AM
dont be so concerned with what the scale says

how you look in the mirror is more important

zaxx19
04-02-2007, 02:54 PM
322.9 lbs so down 1.9 lbs from last weeks weigh in.

Im really happy with that though I was expecting a bigger number...I guess I was going off of appearances and I look ALOT better than I did a week back after my cheat...

I also have been able to raise my power again so thats a good sign of at least muscular maintenance. I can not make out my tris when flexed and my back is looking better...calfs are a good bit more defined and just overall I look leaner.

My DOMS is wicked today but thats to be expected as I had my primary workout yesterday an went for a walk....im gonna stretch it out and walk now. I am still kinf off confused over whether I should perform my assist workot today or tommorow...and just every week if it should be day #2 or #3 in my 4 day split.

I also have some slight knee pain from the ATG squatting,,,,nothing major but I just want to record that for myself.

Still dedicated to hitting the diet as hard as possible till Sunday, thats gonna be a sweet reward bc im already kind of craving a cheat, guess I got used to once a week too much and got spoiled..lol lol. I think once every 2 weeks but incorporating 2 cheat meals might be the best option for me for a few reasons.

1) I dont know if its psychological or physiological, but I like to build sort of "momentum" in my dieting...like after a week or ten days straight I can really see the results piling on without the interruption of a cheat.

2) I dont think I need a cheat meal every week, I feel absolutely no real cravings till about now ~8-10 days and can certainly deal with 5 days of cravings.

3) Id like to really really be able to relax pretty much all day with going out eating and even drinking(if I wasnt to) especially with the weather warming up, and 2 meals provide alot more flexibility than one as far as going downtown for the day or on a daytrip to a casino or whatnot. I can just have a egg white omelet for breakfast do my thing for 8-9 hours and finish up the day with a shake/small salad or whatnot and be done with my cheat without really being confined to the house or eating preprepared foods.

4) Its gonna allow me to try new stuff downtown I might not have risked if I was only allowed one cheat meal.....Im gonna have to have a classic like deep dish pizza or whatever every cheat, now I can do that for lunch and try some ethnic stuff for dinner...if its not to my liking I still feel sortof satisfied with my lunchtime cheat at least.

Ok, well im off to stretch and walk...thanks for the support guys, keep it coming.

zaxx19
04-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Wow....everyone wants a weighin then no comments....grrr.

Well anyway diet is still going strong, I went for a 35 minute walk today with my mom(yes dorky) around a local lake. I did pump it up to 35 from 32 for those really paying attention, and I felt great.

In 2-3 weeks it will get moved to 37 minutes....and by summer a solid 45 for sure...things are going well after I really started out slowly.

I really like this "ramping strategy of mine....its alot like some of the lifting programs that start out at sub maximal levels and gain more and more momentum as you go...

...at the beginning you feel like you are under working then BAM you are making insane progress and feel invincible.....

Im not sure of the precise physiological adaptations/phenomena at play, but it sure seems to suit me well.

ScottC
04-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Wow....everyone wants a weighin then no comments....grrr.
LOL!!! Patience...they will come.

CONGRATS on the 1.9lb loss zaxx!!! :D

zaxx19
04-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Awww, I kid I kid.....Alot of this log is for my own use, thats why I include some minor details on joint pain and diet stuff...vloating. It is still nice to get encouragement though, id be dishonest if i said otherwise.

Here are my macros for yesterday:

2,433 Kcals 223g Carbs 215g Proteins 72g Fats

36.5/35.5/26.5 yes there is a missing 1.5%, it comes from the fact that I slighty rounded down all three and that as we all know they do the same with macornutrient info on labels...if you wanna add .5% to each go right ahead..that would give us 37/36/27 as a split. Either way a good lower carb day after letting the carbs come up for a primary workout day,,,,very solid macros in my book.

In the mirror over the last couple days ive seen ALOT of progress...id say ive begun the transformation from a fat guy with some muscle underneath to an muscular guy with some fat on top....im not sure if that will be understood by all reading but if your a very large guy and have put on weight in the past you probably understand. My delts, trie,bis, calfs are noticeably getting more defined and my thighs have lost some absolute size and are firmer then just perhaps a mere month ago.

Ok guys, well I got alot of work left today(still ~1-2 days behind from the illness) and a assist day lifting wise si I better get to it.

My jonts feel better after a solid 8 hours sleep and my back is pretty tight still....oh that back I better be careful with it.

zaxx19
04-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Workout went super well joints are feeling good...kind of lost my flow on the RDL....sometimes I find it hard to really find the movement on that every time. I think my weak lower back is to blame...gonna hve to work on that for awhile and strengthen it up.

Ready for a pure rest tommorow, just some stretching, unfortunately I have to be in traffic court in like 6 and a half hours so im gonna just go to bed now.

Ill post my macros and stuff tommorow.

Cravings are actually coming now....only got like 4/5 days now, Sunday will be nice...I think im gonna have Blizzard or something....mmmmm peanut butter cups...mmmm.

BarEdul
04-04-2007, 05:41 AM
Sorry about being so quiet, I have been stopping through to keep an eye on you. I know about being big, the cravings and the cheat meal stuff it's not easy.

I was trapped out the other day and ate a whopper for my cheat meal but then limited my macros so that it actually fit in except for the fat % which was out of this world!

Have fun enjoying the blizzard and the 1.9 pound weight loss is great! Way to go!

zaxx19
04-04-2007, 03:17 PM
thanx Bar....how are things going for you...are some of the eye concerns getting addressed? Gee I hope so you are one of the sweetest people on the site and one hell of a powerful lady also.

BarEdul
04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
I think (not the docs) I think there is some permanent damage to my vision just blurriness but it is a pain. The doc's still haven't decided about the Multiple Sclerosis yet but I haven't given up I am still dieting. :D Well let's call it making life changes. I measure everything I eat and I am measuring myself so stuff is going well otherwise. Thank you for asking your a sweetheart too.

zaxx19
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Sounds decent hopefully the sight thing isnt permanent....guess we will see.

Had a hectic day, traffic court, some shopping, had to go to the city for business stuff....walked alot and actually had to climb 9 stories of stairs with like 30 lbs of stuff so got a little cardio in....lol.

I am keeping it fairly low carb in the last few days here are todays macros:

2,297 Kcal 162g carbs 221g protein 71g fats

Here are yesterdays:

2,217/208g/182g/69g

Im pretty much locked in on where I wanna be.....and the carbs have come down of late which is good. The buffalo burgers are awesome 86 grams of high quality protein with only moderate fat and GREAT taste. Im having a pack of 4 every week from now one....possibly more.

Joints and DOMS are under control...have a little bit of calf/achilles pain from all the walking lately...I need to get some orthodics and some new shoes soon.

Ok, gonna catch 40 winks guys tommorow is probably gonna be my Primary workout so gear up fellas.

Quickxi
04-05-2007, 02:38 AM
congrats on the weight loss last week, but more importantly, congrats on being able to see some changes in the mirror! Keep it up!

zaxx19
04-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow, woke up today few hours back and looked like I dropped 10 lbs...I think the low carb/low sodium diet Ive been on in the last few days might have stimulated some water out of my body....does that sound possible?

I dont know. I know very little about how water retention works in the body especially since I ahve no interest in bodybuilding competitively or whatever.

I do know I like how im looking....well I like it more than before. 3 more days till I cheat on sunday....Im definitely gonna make it.

Im gonna do some work now.....Ill be back later on tonight with reports of how my workout went.

Stay tuned.

zaxx19
04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey guys....im gonna go ahead and workout now but here is the issue, I am really sore from walking with alot of weight on me yesterday and going up and down 9 flights of stairs with that weight 5-6 times.(basically it was like a cardio session.)

I also am having some pain in my left knee joint....

I think im just gonna do "box squats" on my bench.

Maybe im not THAT hardcore I dont know....I dont mess with my wheels at all...shoulders can get hurt but I dont want knee issues.

Ill be back with a report and with Macros for the day.

My cravings are pretty low now and im thinking of not even cheating on Sunday though im 90% that I still will.

zaxx19
04-06-2007, 12:09 AM
The box squats went well absolutely no pain in my knee right now....

My body feels pretty fried right now....im even considering just skipping my assist day and giving myself an entire 3 days off lifting...Ill still do damage on cardio though.

How I feel tommorow morning will determine alot.

The workout went well but I wasnt as fresh feeling as I would have wanted.

Oh well its precisely these workouts that you gut through and knock out that will get me to my goals in the end...I mean anyone can just workout when they feel great.

I really let myself eat today but kept the carbs under control...fat is way up but ill try to limit it for the next 2 days before the cheat day on sunday....protein is still really high and good.

I think I need sleep more than anything else right now.

Im gonna see if I can catch 8-10 hours tonight and feel better rested in the morning.

BarEdul
04-06-2007, 04:20 AM
A good rest will do you good... and you will see bigger gains for it.. Have a nice sleep kiddo.

zaxx19
04-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Busy weekend....

Yesterdays stats:

2,351 213g carbs 210g proteins 72g fats....

Assit workout was great, I substituted weightless goodmorinings for the RDL today because how sore my glutes were ....just wanted a strretch no DOMS.

I think Ive put back on the water weight....sodium was up a bit lately.

ScottC
04-07-2007, 03:46 PM
I think Ive put back on the water weight....sodium was up a bit lately.
If you are drinking plenty of water sodium shouldn't be much of an issue, unless your intake of sodium was up a lot.

zaxx19
04-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Ya, it was up....I dont really limit it right now....Im concentrating on just getting my macros right for now...cant solve all the problems of the world in a month or 2.

zaxx19
04-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Ok guys just got back from a sudden emergency business trip I had to take to Champaign Illinois....long story and I am zapped.

Ill give you my macros from sat first...I was a bit low bc I was on the road by 7 CST so only had 4 meals.

2,224 Kcal 75g fats 251g carbs 144g proteins....shoulda picked up a MRD at the local gym but I was literally flying out of the house...

Nothing like 3 McDonalds grilled snackwraps for dinner...mmm mmm. lol.

I ended up doing a bunch of carrying and lifting of stuff on Sunday morning, and also went for a 30 minute walk also on top of it when I got back home.

I think my first "cheat day" went ok.

Here are my Macros: 3,540 Kcal 132g Fats 447g Carbs 164g Proteins

I would have been happy if Id just got some added protein...but live and learn....I mean with the cheats im still trying to figure out what works best for me.

I am gonna stick to a "cheat day" but try to have a healthy breakfast, a healthy meal and a shake added to 2 cheat meals....just wasnt gonna happen today it was an entire cheat day...and it was enjoyable.

Tommorow Ive got my weighin and we will se what we see...I kinda feel bloated right now so....iunno.

I am really gonna try to hit my best 13 days EVER coming up to kind of pick up the pace to get under 300lbs by 7/7/07 which is now (sound the trumpets!) my OFFICIAL short term goal. 299.9 is fine with me....and since its not till 12 weeks from now it isnt like im gonna have to really sweat the scale TOO hard in order to hit it...unless I gain like one or two of the weeks.

Im hoping im only gonna have to go down ~21 lbs and with 12 weeks to do so and still tons of weight to lose....well I mean thats only 1.75 lbs a week.

Its gonna really be the consistency and keeping cheating reasonable that does it.

JaeGee
04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Sup Zaxx, thanks for the kind words in the PM and in my bodyspace. I read through all 5 pages and you are doing an AMAZING job! You are keeping it really strict and well disciplined throughout, even when you mess up or slip up you are letting everyone know about it. Which for me was a really hard thing. Its great when everyone is here to hold you accountable.

Very minor things I could comment on.

I didn't see much about how much water you are drinking? I know Scott asked you about it, but I didn't read a definate answer. That is a really big key to everything, being well hydrated can increase your strength by 10% and your endurance by 15%! ( I love that statistic)

Now that you have been dieting for a bit, you should realize that the optimal amount of weight to lose per week is 1-2 lbs. You may get by at losing 2-3 still for a bit longer but when it slows down don't get too discouraged.

For a lower back exercise without extensions lay flat on the floor on your belly. And lift your arms and legs off the ground as if you were superman. Hold it for 10 seconds and do 10 sets of it. Does a great job helping out the lower back.

How many of your calories come from artifical foods like shakes, etc? You said how you have 15 pills a day and 2 or 3 shakes. I am just curious.

You are doing an awesome job, *subscribed*

zaxx19
04-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I never have had 3 shakes in a day...who knows maybe I thought I would be when starting the thread.

I almost always only have one shake rarely 2....it is a single serving of whey in 12 ozs of 1%/skim milk so it doesnt reallt constiture much of my daily intake of calories just a nice 15% bump in protein consumption that comes in handy to get to my daily goal of 200 grams which isnt always that easy to get to.

I take 4 pills a day for mood stabilization/depression bc I tend to run a little depressed.

I take 2 for joint support(everyone should)

I think like ~ 5 cardio pills daily(Mag Citrate, Odorless Garlic, grapeseed extract(antioxidant+hearth health), 2 CoQ10s)

I take an omega complex daily.

I take a generic daily vitamin daily X2.

Thats like 14 pills and sometimes Ill add a straight fish oil tab or and extra garlic or something/. Im probably forgetting one ...

You can see they are all pretty much essential stuff nothing to "out there" its just adds up after awhile ...but the 4 I take for mood allows me to stay off prescription anti-depressants so....

As far as water Im being more conscious of taking it in and probably average 2/3rds of a gallon on off days and a whole gallon on lifting days...

I should be drinking more perhaps...just being honest here.

Ive been upping it for awhile now it was lower before. I also drink alot of milk every day....probably average like 20 ozs.

Thanx for dropping by JayGee and dont be a stranger.

zaxx19
04-09-2007, 01:52 PM
ZACK's WEIGH IN RESULTS!!!

318.7 Lbs, down 4.2 lbs from last week.

I think I let go of some water because to be honest I didnt think I lost this much weight....I guess Ill take it.

I am still shotting for ~2-2.5 lbs a week on average though so if I see a bump back in the next few weeak that be fine for me.

I think right now and in the near future I definitely have the size to keep it at like 2 lbs a week...eventually though I want to rachet it down to like 1-2 lbs a week..

Considering I still have at least like 80 more lbs to lose ratcheting down might be for later on like in the summer or early fall(looking WAY ahead now lol).

Got my primary workout tonight, and some cardio....I will post again with macros and stuff...

...Im right at about the aproximate 1/3rd point at least in absolute weight terms from the very beginning late last year when I decided to diet....feels good to be so far into it already...gonna feel better when I go under 300 and am around half way to where I wanna be permanently.

ScottC
04-09-2007, 03:06 PM
ZACK's WEIGH IN RESULTS!!!

318.7 Lbs, down 4.2 lbs from last week.

I think I let go of some water because to be honest I didnt think I lost this much weight....I guess Ill take it.
Great job! Take those unexpected results when they arise. Makes the less than expected weeks forgotten by the good news.

An emergency trip to Champaign, Illinois? I've been there...except for the U of I, not much around there.

Quickxi
04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
over 4 pounds...awesome job. Good unexpected results are the best!!! :)

zaxx19
04-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Great job! Take those unexpected results when they arise. Makes the less than expected weeks forgotten by the good news.

An emergency trip to Champaign, Illinois? I've been there...except for the U of I, not much around there.

Yeah, thats where I went...one day Ill tell you guys what I do and it will make sense..lol.

They are rebuilding part of the stadium...and my brother goes there also...I kinda like Champaign, it isnt like Southbend or Ann Arbor or anything but it has its charms.

zaxx19
04-09-2007, 08:54 PM
over 4 pounds...awesome job. Good unexpected results are the best!!! :)

Ya, its kinda nice...just wanna make sure im not losing much lean mass...I dont think I am my weight tends to fluctuate alot from hydration...even if I drink alot plus I weight a ton so even shifts of 6-7 lbs really onliy constitutes 2% of my bodyweight like some 160lb guy flipping out over gaining or losing 3 lbs..

zaxx19
04-10-2007, 08:05 PM
3,755 Kcal 467g Carbs 169g Protein 142g fats...typical cheat day.

Double the fat and about 55% more calories than targets, not horrible would have liked to get a protein shake in before bed...to hit 200 grams.

2,577 Kcal 288g carbs 203g Proteins 71g fats(Mondays stats)

Pretty much right on a bit hi in calories (my main workout day).

The macros are right on basically.

Yesterdays workout was great, did it with my brother so it took alot longer but thats ok. On the bench I am gonna have to raise the weights soon as 105 lbs for 20s is getting a bit light. I also might bump up the weight on the lat pulldowns also a little bit also. The squats were ok but I think I kinda used my quads more than I should have because I have some wicked DOMS today.

JaeGee
04-11-2007, 05:46 PM
very impressive weigh in man! great work.

you said 2550 calories was a bit high? hell i am 220 lbs and eat 2700 calories just so i can hold on to most of my lbm. you may want to keep it around the 3k mark.

keep it up!

zaxx19
04-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I am averaging right at 2400-2500 on non cheat days and maybe 3700 on cheat days so I guess I am around 2600 a day on average maybe a bit less like 2525 or something. Im not seeing any real lbm loss, and I am getting stronger in my lifts.

Now I KNOW THAT ISNT EVIDENCE OF NO LBM LOSS....

But I think im gonna keep it steady here because its really working well for me at the moment.

You also need to understand other than the lifting and cardio I have a pretty darn sedentary lifestyle, I live in a townhome in the burbs, have a car and use it all the time, no kids to lug around and am on the compluter ALL THE TIME with my business and other stuff so my activity isnt that high.

zaxx19
04-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Tuesday was an awesome day.....180-240 days like this and Ill be right where I want to be.

2,225 Kcal 181g carbs 208g protein 71g fats

Carbs were really low...I didnt plan it but it does seem to help me drop weight at least to the eyeball.

Protein was high and high quality, Im loving the buffalo burgers they pack quite a whallop taste and protein wise, with some lite sour crap, fresh salsa, romaine lettuce a sprinkling of lite shredded cheese and wrapped in a spinach wrap...now thats a easy meal to enjoy and look forward to.

Im gonna run out of Whey within a few weeks...I think Ill probably stick to the Dynamatize its an awesome protein though I might switch flavors as Mint Choc is getting old.

The Xtend is working well...I use a total of 6 scoops on workout days.

Joints are doing well, I have a bit of shoulder pain and some knee issues but overall I feel well.,....got 2 days of rest now so ill be ok.

Cardio:

Me and my brother went for a midnight walk in the rain we just walked 1.55 miles or 32 minutes at 3.0 MPH. It was raining and cold but it was still invigorating.

Im gonna walk for 35 minutes tonight. Then tommorow is a total off day.

My flexibility is also getting markedly better especially hamstrings.

My assist day workout went well...again it was slowed a bit by me having to show my borther a bit of the exercises but other than that it was crisp and productive. Ive been going to 25 lbs plate for my RDL but I think soon I am gonna try to perform them with much more weight and on a bar. Unfortunately my bar is all messed up so I might have to buy a new one. IDK, I better figure out what to do soon and just buy it. I have to say RDL are my new favorite exercise, I really feel like it is hitting my glute/ham region more than any other exercise even ATG squats, now to just start doing them with decent weight.

Ill be back later with macors for the day or tommorow with a cardio report and macros.

Thanks for the support everyone!!

JaeGee
04-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Nice day zaxx! Those burgers sound great too.

Back to the calories thing. At the beginning you could probably be eating 1800 calories and still see strength gains for awhile. But just speaking from experience I went through a struggle when I realized I was losing too much LBM because I wasn't eating enough. I guess for now as long as the weight is dropping it is a-ok, but, just realize in the future you will probably run into a wall and a good option when you get to that wall is to add calories before anything else.

zaxx19
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Im not too anal about my intake to be honest...I allow myself to eat of I am way hungry, and try not to deny myself things like natty PB, Meat, cheeses(feta and light varieties) at all bc they are calorically dense.

I think alot of it is just my appetite isnt as bad as it used to be....

Im not really desperate to gain size muscularly and pretty genetically gifted in retaining and adding it.....im definitely a Meso-Endo hybrid with VERY wide shoulders and naturally thick musculature, while putting on both fat and muscle with RELATIVE ease. For some reference I believe my arms are still well over 20 inchs...(lots of it fat but also a good deal Lean mass to be sure)

Im sure im probably 200-210 lean right now...at a full 6 foot. Basically what I am saying is Im not too concerned at this point of skinny fat disorder OR of plateauing due to slowing my metabolism...gotta say I have more energy and sleep less than I have for years(not that sleeping less is necessarily good). Maybe soon ill get over my paranoia over posting pics and you guys can see what im talking about...im overweight but not lacking for lean mass at all.

Macros from Wendsday: 2,010 Kcals 166g Carbs 168g Proteins 67g Fats

Yeah its pretty decent except I forgot to eat before bed some im a bit light in everything but fats...still notice my carbs ARE LOW, protein not TOO LOW and Kcals a bit low.

I made sure to have a pretty large and protein rich breakfast today(4 egg white omelet, lite shredded cheese, 2 soy sausage patties : total: ~46 grams of protein.

JaeGee
04-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Where do you get your body fat tested zaxx?

And eventhough you may not want to post pictures here (which is fine), you may want to take some just so that in 5 months when you are lean and thin you can look back at your old photos and then you will be very happy to share them with all of us :)

What's in line for todays activities? cardio? weights?

Have a good one!

zaxx19
04-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Well guys sorry about the lay-off but I HAD TO do some really important stuff both personally and professionally over the last 4 days or so...

Just to update a bit....

I have been driving around the Eastern part of the USA for the last few days and will be living in Daytona Beach Fla for the next month or so with my brother in a CONDO down here..maybe longer who knows?

Business is excellent...not that it matters and I just had to devote a few days to setting some stuff up down here....my diet has been ok, and I took the opportunity to take 5 days r so off of lifting for my joints which were aching pretty badly.

Just a couple hours ago me and my brother just had our first workout down here and it was awesome...the gym here is amazing plus there is free golf, tennis...etc. etc. a beach....ya so getting some exercise shouldnt be a problem.

The only real problem has been my diet...it hasnt been so good t be honest and Ive noticed some weight gain in just the ast 4-5 days.. Ill get weighed in somehow and deliver the news ASAP...

I am still dedicated to dieting and am going shopping tommorow and need to also cop some supplements for my month long stay.

Some stuff moved kind offast and I was going to tell you guys on the log but I got banned for no real reason and just couldnt late last week.

Anyway, goodluck with all your goals, Ill be fine and completely back on the wagon by tommorow evening tracking all my calories and macros and whatnot.

Quickxi
04-23-2007, 09:24 PM
where you at man?

zaxx19
05-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Ok, guys I am alive and working out...

I am still in Florida working ALOT and my labtop is broken beyond repair so I am posting from my friends comp that I use for work.

Since Ive been down here ive been pretty darn consistent about working out and pretty much shifted my diet into maintenace territory...

What does maintenance territory mean, well....

For instance I might eat some Kashi and rice Krispies mixed with non fat yogurt for breakfast...

Maybe a wrap with rice cakes for lunch....

And eat dinner out somewhere eating like a chicken breast sandwich and some sort of horrid side for dinner...

You could switch lunch and dinner....basically it just depends.

My body weight is almost exactly where it was at the beginning of the trip and I was 321@ 6" last night(doctors office) AFTER a REALLY large meal. Since I USUALLY go up a few pounds from breakfast to bedtime I am guessing im somwhere around 317.5-319....upon waking right now.

I also have been taking a shake with a scoop of protein and 14 ozs of 1% milk everyday PWO on my work days.

My workouts have been less frequent, ~3 a week, but I walk a mile daily at least and do cardio about 2wice a week on top of it. Some of my exercise have changed from BB to DB because of the workout room here being more Nautilus based and only having DB but thats probably a good thing for my joints and just general mucle confusion anyway.

I feel VERY strong and will be going to a power(5X5) workout in one month time. I am also now training my brother and I might be updated you guys on his progress as well.

Sorry for not posting for awhile....all thingswill be back to normal in a week or so when I return home in a week or so and I will be hitting the diet and exercise REALLY hard for a month of recovering.

Ill be doing my assist work AND some light cardio today....I should be able to report back as I am not working today(lying around watching the cubs win!!!) and have the computer in my possession for the duration of the trip.

BTW, I went to the class A Daytona Cubs game last night and it was awesome....the Cubs won in the bottom of the ninth and there was a HUGE grandslam by the Cubs #1 pick like in the 5th inning...plus the eye candy was PHENOMENAL.

I am seriously considering moving to a warmer climate...not sure how it would workout out with my business...but the quality of life is like 400% higher here...

ScottC
05-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, guys I am alive and working out...

I am still in Florida working ALOT and my labtop is broken beyond repair so I am posting from my friends comp that I use for work.

Since Ive been down here ive been pretty darn consistent about working out and pretty much shifted my diet into maintenace territory...

I am seriously considering moving to a warmer climate...not sure how it would workout out with my business...but the quality of life is like 400% higher here...
Thanks for the update zaxx! Good to see you post. I was getting a bit concerned. Glad to read things are OK.

Speaking as a northern boy from Chicago, the year and a half I lived and worked out of Ft. Lauderdale was not so good. I need the change of seasons. Warm/hot weather is nice when visiting FLA over the winter, but it was quite depressing when it was Christmas and it still warm...all year. Give me the cold and snow. Humidty year round is not my idea of fun. Everybody is different...but I jumped at the chance to return to New England to run a marina when the position was offered.

zaxx19
05-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the response Scott....

I agree on disliking the EXTREME heat and humidity all the time but for the first 2 1/2 weeks it was like 80 degrees and sunny with no humidity here.

I could deal with that personally.

Lately the humidity has spiked and I dont think I could handle it year round bc I am a naturally heavy sweater....

Id probably be more of a SW/Vegas/LA type of guy weather wise.

Im off to workou guys...sorry for the lack of osts everyone will post the results.

ScottC
05-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Id probably be more of a SW/Vegas/LA type of guy weather wise.
I am curious about this "dry heat" thing myself. :D

Have a good evening!

zaxx19
05-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Back from the dead and back from my workout....

Pullovers 4X10 @ 30 lbs
Front delt raises 4X10 @ 20 lbs
RDL 4X10 @ 30 LBS DB(max I have here)
Rear delt Raise on Incline Bench 4X10 @20 lbs
Calf raises standing 4X25 Naked...
Upright Row 4X15 25 lbs DB.

Light weights, good form....felt good.

Cardio: 18 minutes on elliptical+ 1 mile walk @ 3.2 MPH with cooldown ~ 20 minutes. Total 38 minutes moderate to light intensity.

Light intensity....feeling good...no joint issues at all.

Diet has been good today...cereal, chicken breast, spinach,a little rice, chicken breast wrap with feta and romaine..., Healthy Choice meal...tuna...protein shake...

I dont know what the macros are Ill start tracking them for you when I get home and start dieting like I was before but im sure its been pretty solid which is good bc yesterday I indulged a bit with some fried foods...etc.

ScottC
05-05-2007, 02:49 AM
Back from the dead and back from my workout....

Pullovers 4X10 @ 30 lbs
Front delt raises 4X10 @ 20 lbs
RDL 4X10 @ 30 LBS DB(max I have here)
Rear delt Raise on Incline Bench 4X10 @20 lbs
Calf raises standing 4X25 Naked...
Upright Row 4X15 25 lbs DB.
:eek: You were doing your standing calf raises...NAKED??!!! :eek:

niiick
05-05-2007, 03:33 AM
think he means no weights?

ScottC
05-05-2007, 03:42 AM
think he means no weights?
I know... :D

...but maybe he was naked! :eek:

zaxx19
05-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Nothing, except all that baby oil....

JK, nowone needs to see a 300+ lb man doing anything naked...

Anyway, diet is going well I look to have lost some water weight from yesterday and think I will be going home on wendsday of next week so I should be back at full bore by Friday with my diet and workout...

I will be religiously updating like I was previously.

And if people are interested I would post updates on my brother's progress for comparison. He wont be dieting to the same extent as me though as he is much leaner and basically just needs to hit a consistent workout program and be active to be lean.

My brother has been training with me for like 4 weeks now and previously had your typical on and off flirtation to upper body lifting with little to no knowledge and/or nutrtion. I am training him now and have him on the same primer program ive been on for awhile now....I think he will only need like 4 more weeks of it as he came into lifting in MUCH better shape than I did. As for nutrition....iunno he is 18 and has a decent metabolism so basically he wants to control his diet(which isnt great or out of control) I only insist on him taking protein supplememntation after he lifts and on off days so our workouts arent wasted...he does.

He is presently 18 years old like a full 5"10(perhaps still growing) maybe 225?ish...and while that sounds pretty heavy he has a pretty thick build naturally and probably wants to aim right at 205 lbs(assuming 5-10 lbs of lean gains this summer) or something maybe a bit less if he really wants to ripped. He is the type that looks decent in clothing right now but doesnt look great shirtless at the moment....id just approximate his bodyfat to be like 20-22.5% or something...thats just a guess it might be a bit lower I dount if it were much higher he certainly isnt obese or even really fat just could stand to lose some belly/chest/love handle fat.

Id say my brother is a pure Mesomorph with naturally wide shoulders, large arms and good potential for muscular growth and average metabolism...he gains fat when he is completely inactive and eats badly...loses fat pretty rapidly when training. The funny thing is perhaps 3.5 years ago he was like wrestling at 140-150 lbs and pretty long/lean looking, just got thicker as he aged.

He just really vegged out in college and last summer to the extent he has put on some weight and would like to get into shape.

Anyway....if you guys want to be updated on his lifting and cardio and weight and stuff let me know in your responses....if not also let me know.

Today I am going to stretch and do some moderate cardio for 40 minutes split betweenthe elliptical and the treadmill.

Ill post back later and will be around.

zaxx19
05-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Yeah...naked means without weights....yeah...

I started out doing "naked" squats and still think they are pretty useful sometimes especially if your bodyweight is VERY high....and you keep the reps above 20. Naked goodmornings also arent bad and I use them very rarely when my back is WAY stiff but I want some stumlation there without risking excessive DOMS that would interfere with the next day or 2's workout.

ScottC
05-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Anyway....if you guys want to be updated on his lifting and cardio and weight and stuff let me know in your responses....if not also let me know.

Today I am going to stretch and do some moderate cardio for 40 minutes split betweenthe elliptical and the treadmill.

Ill post back later and will be around.
No, no need to update his stuff. If he wants to sign on the site and create his own journal, that would be cool...otherwise just stick to your stuff is my thought.

Nice to have your bro working out with you, I bet.

zaxx19
05-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Cardio: 40 minutes split between moderate elliptical work and 1.2 miles of walking + cooldown.

Also did a solid 10-20 minutes of stretching bc my DOMS has been awful last day or 2...

My right hammie seems to be just slightly strained from the RDL or cardio from yesterday...Im just recording that for myslef dont worry it shouldnt affect any workouts.

Diet has been decent...lots of high quality protein but also a good deal of fats and some carbs though im pretty conscious of cutting almost all the simple ones out still...no soda or white bread or pasta really.

I will be doing my primary lifts tommorow...hopefully I recover ALOT from how I feel right now or its gonna be REALLY a struggle.

Ok well...4-5 days till im back home depending on the drive and then starts my push for 7/7/7 @ under 300 lbs....its gonna be hard because of these 3-4 weeks out of the loop a bit but I think I can at least give it a good shot and get within 5 lbs at the very least.

BarEdul
05-06-2007, 05:54 AM
good for you looks like you are slugging alone very well... sorry I haven't been around the evil internet god took away my internet due to equipment failure at my provider.. geesh... see ya soon.

ScottC
05-06-2007, 06:16 AM
good for you looks like you are slugging alone very well... sorry I haven't been around the evil internet god took away my internet due to equipment failure at my provider.. geesh... see ya soon.
I was wondering where you have been BarEdul. Thanks for the update.

zaxx19
05-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the update Bar....

I just did some light cardio yesterday...will be performing primary day work today....and hopefully some abbreviated complimentary work tommorow before I leave for chicago...

Then it will be 2 days of silence/rest.

zaxx19
05-08-2007, 06:51 AM
Just woke up...

workout yesterday was pretty brutal upped the weight on a few exercises and actually failed on my tricep movement once...

I have no idea the actual weights of the nautilus movements just the plates usedso whatever...

Lat Pulldown 4X20 with 7 plates used
DB BP with 30 lb DB 4X20 (the weight is too light but its the highest DB)
Bi Curls 4X20 with 20 lbs DB for strict reps (that actually is hard)
Tricep PDwns 4X20 on 5-6 (failed on my last set on 6 and rolled it back)
Squats 4X20 with 30 lb DB(again we dont have higher)-(ATG)

Cardio 1.2 miles of walking light speed for 22 minutes then moderate elliptical work for 17 minutes.

Tons of stretching.

For some reasn the workout really hit me and my brother really hard...you have to remember both of us perform this entire workout in less than 1 hour together so there is a pretty good pace and really high rep volume for the time. While the weights are nothing to write home about(especially since we are limited at the moment on bench and squat with low DB) with all those reps it really doesnt matter its still pretty damn intense especially since we keep the form pretty close to perfect.

Quickxi
05-08-2007, 08:28 PM
awesome job on the workout! I love working muscles so hard that they actually fail. Looks like you and your brother are making some decent progress! Keep it up!

zaxx19
05-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Thnx for the post Quixi...

Im actually posting from a Econolodge outside Chatanooga Tn(can you really be "outside" Chatanooga?) tonight...

Really bad day diet wise....everyone was eating crap on the trip and I kinda just rolled over...UGH. Nothing TOO TOO horrendous just your basic litany of roadtrip crap like one meal from BK(first one in months) a 1 3/4 ozs bag of Doritos...a coke(I had a normal coke for like the 2nd time in months)...a meal from Crackerbarrel of Meatloaf, 2 biscuits, some mash potatoes-mac n cheese...some Andes candies...a cupcake...

Wow didnt seem like THAT much till I wrote it down...well tommorow im gonna just eat like 6 snackwraps from McDonalds...and maybe a salad or something with light dressing.

Eating on the road is horrible if there is one thing ive learned from the last few weeks it is I need to just eat at home for the next little while because I obviousl havent got myself to the point of eating properly while out and about...

Im not gonna cry over it ...just learn from it.

In other news...I have some wicked DOMS from yesterdays squatting/cardio..and im not even sure why its hit so badly.

Got another day of travel ahead tommorow...maybe I can walk in the morning...honestly I probably wont, im wiped...

No more total crap is going in my body this trip thats all I know.

Quickxi
05-09-2007, 08:47 AM
leg DOMS is the worst. Typically mine are sore as hell the day after my workout, BUT the day after that....WOW! It's like SUPER DOMS, hopefully that isn't the case for you.

ScottC
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
In other news...I have some wicked DOMS from yesterdays squatting/cardio..and im not even sure why its hit so badly.

Got another day of travel ahead tommorow...maybe I can walk in the morning...honestly I probably wont, im wiped...

No more total crap is going in my body this trip thats all I know.

leg DOMS is the worst. Typically mine are sore as hell the day after my workout, BUT the day after that....WOW! It's like SUPER DOMS, hopefully that isn't the case for you.
Leg DOMS and driving don't mix. Sitting in the car for hours is awful when you stop and need to walk. Of course, we can't always plan our trips around our workouts...so I will be driving either Friday night or Saturday morning to Chicago...and this will be the week I get serious leg DOMS, I just know it.

Quickxi
05-09-2007, 12:09 PM
forgot to say that your quote of the month is funny is anything. Have to remember to comment Nithos on that one!

zaxx19
05-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Just checking in before bed here....

Had a decent day eating wise:

3 Grilled snackwraps from McDeaths/

1 Grilled Chicken Breast sandwich light mayo/

2 servings of Almonds/

1 serving tator chips(ugh!)/

1 serving beef jerky/

Turkey/bacon/ranch wrap(Arby's, minus the ranch)

1 scoop whey in 12 ozs 1% Milk.

Pretty decent day for 670 miles of driving....all things considered im pretty happy and just hope my DOMS gets better by tommorow bc id like to perform my complimentary workout and some cardio.

Quickxi
05-10-2007, 07:09 AM
670 miles of driving? UGH! Hope you can get that workout in.

zaxx19
05-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Had a rough night trying to sleep and so took a late nap from 3-6 pm today after doing some work....

Ill be working out tonight, but my back is SUPER tight and sore.

I might need a new bed perhaps this futon mattress isnt all it is cracked up to be...iunno. Im the type with a huge capacity to be uncomfortable or in pain so sometimes I dont address physical issues I should be addressing immediately.

Diet has been ok but I didnt have enough time to get over to my grocery before it shut so that sucks...will go 1st thing tommorow.

My DOMS is alot better...just my quads really lagging a bit in recovery. Now that I am at home and have my Xtend and access to more protein I should be ok.

Joints feel great, and I feel energized overall.

Im really chomping at the bit for my new program to start (Rippletoes or Madcow's 5X5) as I feel like ive burned out on the high rep stuff a bit. I keep getting a bit stronger but the freshness and excitement is really gone and I want to be handling some heavier weights again to see where I am at.

Im leaning towards the 5X5 programs because im not a total newbie....deadlifting is gonna be hard but I will start superlow and just ramp it with the program gradually. The one thing ive really learned is you need to start conservatively with any athletic endeavor and keep your capacity for work so you dont miss too many workouts or perform badly. Im gonna also need to add some direct ab work to the workouts....oh well got 3 1/2 weeks left till I start so ill keep reading and researching.

zaxx19
05-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Workout:

Complimentary lifts-(three supersets with 2 exercises each with no rest!) Intensity is supossed to be light to moderate total time was like 51 minutes.

Standing Puyllovers 4X12 @ 45 LBS(These weights on the platform movements dont translate to ones other people migh use so...)
&
Front Delt raises 4X12 @ 20 lbs

RDL 4X10 @ 40 lbs(superlight...just for a stretch need a bar already!)
&
Rear delt fly on incline bench 4X10-12 @ 20 lbs

Calf Raises 4X20 @ bodyweight (explosively)
&
Upright rows w/dumbells 12/13/14/15 @ 20 lb dumbells./

Nice workout, light weights, feel fresh but need to get a godamn barbell soon because im getting too strong for this super light weight...one of the reason im itching to go on rippletoes or 5X5....basically im just waiting till my brother is ready to go on those programs and he wants to continue on this program for another 3-4 weeks.

Diet was ok...didnt have any veggies in the house so that sucked...alot of Buffalo meat mmm ,ill start tracking precisely like I used to tommorow or Saturday.

Everything else is fine...joints feel good. I didnt do cardio today ill probably just do cardio tommorow and then take a day off or just go right into my primary day depending on how I feel.

zaxx19
05-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Diet was ok today finally got my way over to the supermarket and dropped like a hundo on some groceries....

Ill be able to track everything precisely starting tommorow....so will do.

Gonna just do some light cardio today and will perform my primary workout tommorow...I feel good and fresh.

Im also looking on craig's list for a new BBell and some extra weights.

-Aaron-
05-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Nice log, despite my feelings for you, keep up the good work.

zaxx19
05-12-2007, 12:30 AM
thnx....no problem...

Efights are teh stoopid anyway.

I calls the truce.

zaxx19
05-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Early night.....couldnt lift because of some personal issues I had to attend to.....dont feel up to it tonight really...ill go ahead and take the extra day because I was probably going to have to on sunday anyway....

cardio...35 minute medium walk.

Joints A-OK....DOMS is under control.

Im gonna try to remember my diet to figure out my macros...harder than I thought to remember to record everything....hopefully by Monday im fully back into the swing of things...the weigh in will be interesting. I look like ive lost a bit but the diet hasnt been all that...iunno what to expect I feel like i am retaining alot of water lately...so the weight could be rather high without me freaking out necessarily.

zaxx19
05-12-2007, 11:03 PM
2,449 Kcals 89g Fats 216g carbs 200g proteins

Fats where a little high becuase i kinda went nuts on some mixed nuts....it had been awhile so I fed a bit and kinda went a bit overboard...at least it was mostly good fats today.

Protein right where I wanted it...carbs pretty low actually but since I didnt workout really other than a walk thats fine.

Fiber was up around 28 grams also which is nice.

Overall pretty decent.

zaxx19
05-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Happy Mothers day!!!

Primary Workout:

Lat Pulldowns: 4X20 @ 70-75 lbs(cant translate my weight on this or tricep pushdowns to machines in your gym its kinda jerry rigged)

Benchpress Barbell 4X20 @ 121 lbs (I upped my weighed)

Biceps Curls 4X20 @ 20lbs

Tricep Pushdowns 4X20 @ 64-69 lbs

Squats 4 X 20....no weight had some issues with my knee.

Ill post my macros later.

zaxx19
05-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Cardio: 45 minute walk light intensity....

Diet has been excellent save a meal out with my mother...I had like Oriental Chicken Salad and a bit of steak with a low cal dessert.

Nothing too bad...im proud of myself but cant find the macros so ill have to approximate and thats always tricky...

...sort of like...well I wish it was only 18 grams of fat....

Anyway Ill post as accurate a look at my macros as I can in a few hours as ill be up for a bit and probably grab another meal(light) before bed.

I used the Xtend for the first time in awhile and DEFINITELY felt a difference.

My DOMS is setting in but not bad at all...just normal quad soreness and butt tightness(does that sound teh ghey?).

zaxx19
05-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Macros from yesterday:

2,624 Kcal (not too too high for a workout day)

82g Fats (bit high, mother's day meal did it)

260g Carbs at a decent level.

197g Protein....
(ugh just missed my 200g goal and it was a primary lift day...probably could have added a shake right before bed..)

40-32-28 Macro spread...not too bad. Not spectacular.

###########################################

MONDAY'S WEIGH IN!!!

Its been like 2 weeks or something since ive weighed myself and ive been pretty good since then save the trip back to Chicago....cardio hasnt been as consistent as it could have...so I was pleasantly suprised to weigh in @

317.3 a new low for me since ive been living healthier.

Im actually pretty stoked because that means Ive actually lost weight over the last month EVEN IF IT WAS AT A REDUCED RATE. I was afraid Id come in at like 325 or something bc I only weighed myself the one time over the time I spent in Fla and to be honest I had done cardio like 2 hours before taking the measurement and felt lean.

Im not sure if my original 7/7/7 goal of 299.9 is still gonna happen but I feel like I can for sure get way below 310 safely and with moderation and full muscular retention.....

I mean I could get to 299 in 3 weeks if I really wanted to but this whole time I havent been doing the "crash diet" thing and I dont wanna start now even if it is to hit a goal of mine. Like ive been saying all along....im concentrating on BEHAVIORS NOT RESULTS OR NUMBERS ON A SCALE AT A GIVEN TIME.

Looking back at the last 4-5 months, id have to say this philosophy has served me well and im down AT LEAST 40 lbs so far from an approximate high of ~ 360lbs(yikes). Basically im at the 1/3rd mark.

I feel good...

I feel like I can do much better...

and I feel like im gonna need to ratchet up a bit on the diet and cardio side of things in order to maintain my 1-2 lbs a week of loss I desire which is ok and was fully expected.

Quickxi
05-14-2007, 08:40 PM
congrats on the weigh in! Keep it up and soon you won't be able to remember 300!

zaxx19
05-15-2007, 04:26 AM
Workout:

Standing pullover 4X12 @ 42 lbs

Front delt raise 4X10 @ 45lb plate

RDL 4X10 @ 40 lb DB

Rear Delt raise 4X10 @ 20 lbs
(performed face down on a incline)

Calf raises 4 X 25 no weight performed explosively

Upright rows 4 X 12 w/ 45 lb plate.

Great workout...good intensity and pace took like 50 minutes total.

My rear delts are wayyy too strong for 20 lbs and calfs are basically just getting maintained(they are huge anyway and cut).

Im probably gonna go ahead and join the local gym bc I am really running into the limitations of my home gym and weight set(as in my olympic bar is all messed up keeping me from doing heavy RDL and/or Squats)....

Its either join...or put a good 500-1000 bucks into equipment not knowing if im gonna be living in Chicago much longer...and I cant see the use in that.

Plus I want to be able to vary my cardio more....I really like elliptical(even though it seems to be made fun of alot on here) it ISNT running/jogging and its intensity is CEWRTAINLY LOWER but for someone who CANNOT jog because of EXTREMELY flat feet nay collapsed arches and chronic shinsplints there really isnt another type of movement that comes any closer to a jog.

I also EVENTUALLY want to start stairclimbing again but not till I get under 300 lbs....slow and steady fellas SLOW AND STEADY./

The good thing is the local gym is 24/365....and I need that PLUS its huge and decently well equipped.

Macros: 2,427 273g carbs 200g proteins 54g fats

Was conscious of keeping my fats reasonable today and came up with a nice Kcal total and ratio.

45.5/34/20.5....

zaxx19
05-15-2007, 02:09 PM
So I woke up today...and looked in the mirror and looked like I lost 15 lbs since like yesterday or Sunday....so kinda freaked out...

and yes so I weighed myself and I was 313.9 which is really low...and I did remember I didnt drink as much water as I could of yesterday...but also have lowered my carbs DRAMATICALLY in the last 5 days from when I was in Florida and when I was travelling.

Its just anecdotal but there have been atleast 3 other instances of me cutting carbs from a inflated point and within a few days looking ALOT leaner.

Am I imagining things? Is there ANY possible link between carbs and water retention? Is it actual weight im losing(obvously not entirely)..

Im not worried and am drinking like a fiend today so am sure to gain back a lb or 2 easily but am really curious.

zaxx19
05-16-2007, 12:24 AM
So I just got back from joining my local gym and im pretty stoked....

I got a fairly good deal and im gonna have pretty much ALL THE EQUIPMENT I could ever want.

I also did an impromptu squatting session just to feel how BB squats felt.

For those who dont follow this journal that much I mostly use either no weight squats or DB squats and ALWAYS use below parallel technique and reps of 20 or above.

Well I put 135 on and got under it and pumped out like 5 reps pretty easily...it felt really light. Then I added 10 to each side and pumped out 5 more....then 10 more on each side...and then did 185 lbs for a triple and it was still fairly easy...then I think like 205 lbs for a triple and it felt pretty good but I stopped there. So im pretty happy with where I am strength wise seeing how 4 months ago I doubt I could have done any weight at all.

My technique was apparently pretty darn good bc whenever I asked a spotter if I went down low enough they ADAMANTLY said yes and 1 of them even said I shouldnt go that low..lol lol.

Since I already had done squats I went ahead and worked some core with weighted ab and oblique work and that went ok.

Everything feels good...just a bit tight in my lower back.

I then walked for 22 minutes....and worked the elliptical for 16 minutes, for a total of 38 minutes of slow cardio.

Im thinking of doing something pretty cool and thats challenging myself to break my own PB in the mile every week. As long as I keep beating it I will be progressing cardio wise and g-d knows I have a ton of room since im not stressing "cardio-fitness" at all and still weigh alot.

Tonight I walked a mile in like 19:33 so for next week I guess that be the number to beat...it shouldnt be that hard...like lifting im looking for CONSERVATIVE slow steady and CONTINUAL improvements without stressing my body to the point of missing workouts or aggravating any injuries.

zaxx19
05-16-2007, 04:33 AM
2,076 KCALS 172g CARBS 194g PROTEIN 66g FATS

High fat and protein day... Kcals a touch low...whatever. I only had 5 meals instead of 6 it happens. I feel a bit dehydrated gonna work on drinking more water this week. I dont really care if I gain a lb or 2 I need to be properly hydrated.

zaxx19
05-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Having some moderate DOMS from the cardio and squatting yesterday...

The squatting seems to exhaust my back both lower and mid like nothing ive been doing so far...guess that will be the main difference between light DB squatting and "heavy bb squatting".

Man, I hope my back holds up.

I was really stoked with my results from the triples...

I didnt think id be that strong really even though my workouts have gone well.

boyscouT
05-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Its just anecdotal but there have been atleast 3 other instances of me cutting carbs from a inflated point and within a few days looking ALOT leaner.

Am I imagining things? Is there ANY possible link between carbs and water retention? Is it actual weight im losing(obvously not entirely)..

yes you will look flat and hold less water with a lower carb intake (usually)

more carbs = more glycogen = look fuller, but may look bloated

zaxx19
05-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Oh thanks never knew that...can anybody give me a layman's breakdown as to why that is.....

I mean I got a 5 on AP Biology(ok, well it was a 4 DOH!) but that was like 9 years ago.

zaxx19
05-17-2007, 04:01 AM
Cardio: Walked a mile PB of 19:22 (wow its easy to break these OBs lol lol lol)
(Plz understand i havent been nor am I walking for speed just cardio benefit and exercise)
(Im also a very fast twitch dominant body or muscular type and will never be a jogger)

Then worked elliptical for 12 minutes at a moderate rate.

Pretty tame...just wanted to get the lactic acid out after the triple on squat.

Most of the stress I feel is in the back. Legs are only slightly to moderately affected.

Im pretty tempted now that I am a member of a fully equipped gym to simply start my 5X5 now..as I feel completely burned out on my high rep primer programs...its been really good for me and taken me further than I imagined it would but every program gets to that point.

My question to anyone listening would be this: what is the best way to go from where I am to beginning the program?

I did some heavy triples 30 hours ago (yeah my schedule is messed up).

Ive done cardio the last 3 days. Im a bit sore.

My joints are a bit worn down....I really think I should rest up a bit but how much?

Im thinking like 4-6 days off starting today...that is thursday. Ill still do some cardio but keep it light in intensity and stretch a ton....

Iunno, no decisions made yet. Any suggestions?

zaxx19
05-17-2007, 04:05 AM
Wensdays macros:

2,074 163g carbs 173g proteins 79g fats...

Fats are hig AGAIN....I better figure this out a bit and lower it a touch or rethink where they should be.(I kinda cheated and had some full fat cheese in meal number 5...awww cheese its definitely my weakness)

Protein a bit low....thats ok....my schedule is a bit messed up and my tummy is unsettles so I missed 1 meal.

Carbs are staying low...also switched over to whole grain wraps with more fiber WoooHooo.

Body is looking slightly stronger. My lats look bigger, arms are huge and calfs look bigger. Slowly but surely im coming along...just got to get rid of this fatty layer on top.

zaxx19
05-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Updated my profile a bit to give you suckers more info...

The supplement list DOESNT include all the dietary supplements im using just the ones DIRECTLY involved in lifting/bbinch err whatever.

IDK if they have my ghetto brands anyway.

Just remembered gotta get some CoQ10 soon...damn that stuff is pricey but possibly the most impotant supplement outside a good daily.

zaxx19
05-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Ok, so a few things happened today that I wanted to let you in on...

One I had a horrible pain in my left shoulder super sharp and only when I raised it to a certain level or rotated it ....classic impingment type deal...

Im gonna IMMEDIATELY take off 3-4 days from any kind of lifting that involves the shoulder girdle in any real way...probably more like a week.

Im not one to mess around when my body tells me something is wrong, I need to avoid serious injuries at all costs and if that means missing a bench workout or 2 thats fine.

Im also thinking after the rest im just gonna go straight into 5X5 now that I have the gym membership....so 3-4 days of nothing + maybe a few maintenance or testing days then Ill start in about 8-10 days.

Im still figuring it out a bit. I think ive pretty much burned myself out on the 20 rep workout and now is the time for a change or more aptly a rest THEN a change.

zaxx19
05-18-2007, 09:00 PM
2,490 Kcal 237g carbs 218g proteins 73g fats

Macros from Thursday forgot to post...

Calories right on, proteins right on, carbs a bit low, fats a touch high...

Excellent day...I had some carbs later on in the day though...feel a bit bloated...it was lite chili so....

zaxx19
05-19-2007, 04:05 AM
I just wanted to update...My shoulder feels much better, but im gonna still stay away from any movements that might make it worse for a few more days.

I think id like to take a good 5 more days off of normal lifting(Im doing some light arms/weightless squats) till I start my 5X5 program like Thursday or Friday of next week.

That will give my body a good bit of rest in preparation for a test day/s and for the program itself which is pretty grueling with squatting 3 times a week and pulling 2x a week(ive never really pulled before so...im worried).

I did walk for 32 minutes last night and did some weighless squatting just to keep my strength through the layoff...probably will do another arm day and weightless squat day before next friday to maintain.

Eating has been going well but in the mirror I seem to have stalled a bit...no problems ill just keep at it and hammer the diet better. Friday was hard because I was out alot with friends and had to eat a meal out...plus it kinda messed up my eating schedule...oh well.

I hadnt gone out in awhile so I needed it...still no smoking and no alchohal som im proud...well make that 2 diet coke and rums...not bad at all.

Here was my arm work from Thursday the rests were obscene basically I was training my brother and just lifting between his huge circuits...or when he took long breaks.

DB CURL- 2X20 (super strict form)

Tricep pushdowns- 2 X 20 (strict)

Modified hammer curls - 2X20
supersetted with bb bicep curls 2X12

Sitting tricep extensions overhead..2 X 15

Good basic arm work, nothing heavy, nothing hard. Figure I better get some while I can bc 5X5 is alot of basic compound lift work and little arm work/delt/trap...type stuff....

Im looking forward to actually handling some decent weight for the first time in almost 3 years...ill probably suck but then I sucked at 20 reps 3 months ago so whatever.

zaxx19
05-19-2007, 04:23 AM
1,995 Kcal 151g Carbs 173g proteins 80g fats...

TOO TOO much fat

(ate out...yikes and had a peanut butter/kashi cereal dessert of my own creating)

Low carbs which is fine...had a huge salad split for two meals and a shake for another so....not much room for carbs there.

Protein a teensy bit low...as long as it isnt a trend im cool with that.

Conclusion: I really need to decide if im gonna seriously keep to my stated

42.5/35/22.5 ratio...or not. My fat intake is consistently too high to fit that....im going to either redouble my efforts to lower my fat intake to around 60-65 grams daily or just admit im on a diet where 27% of my calories are from fats....

I think my liberal use of PB lately is to "blame"(im not saying its even necessarily that bad) thats like a heft 15 grams a serving...on one hand it inhibits cheating and carb eating late for me on the other its become a pretty much daily food...not sure it should be THAT prevalent im cool with 3-4 times a week, but daily is a bit much perhaps...??

Iunno, opinions?

corymarsh
02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Isn't it strange that the same people that laugh at gypsy fortune
tellers take economists seriously?