PDA

View Full Version : Losing water weight while bulking

Gringer
09-07-2016, 06:45 AM
Over the past week I have been eating at 2900kcals. And it has resulted in a loss of 2lbs when I average out the readings. Is this a sign I'm not in a surplus??? Is it normal to lose 2lbs or even more while bulking???.

I have been gaining strength on all my lifts but pretty slowly. However I heard you can gain strength even in a deficit.

For someone who is 149 and is 5ft 10 I thought 2900kcals would have been enough for sure... But I'm not sure and it's starting to reallybug me as I don't want to be losing weight or spinning my wheels. At the start of the week I was 149.6 and seven days later I'm now 147.4???? Should I keep going or adjust today???

Tyler2106
09-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Calories in vs calories out.

If you're losing weight, you're in a deficit. It's that simple. If you lost 2 lbs in a week, you're in a big deficit still. Increase calories and adjust accordingly after a week or so.

mister33
09-07-2016, 06:56 AM
I would give yourself another week to see if the body adjusts before you change anything.

Gringer
09-07-2016, 07:14 AM
Calories in vs calories out.

If you're losing weight, you're in a deficit. It's that simple. If you lost 2 lbs in a week, you're in a big deficit still. Increase calories and adjust accordingly after a week or so.

Surely if I really am in a big deficit I would experience strength loss no??. I am gaining strength on my big lifts. Just sort of slowly.

Tyler2106
09-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Surely if I really am in a big deficit I would experience strength loss no??. I am gaining strength on my big lifts. Just sort of slowly.

Not necessarily. Depending on your experience level, you can gain strength while in a deficit and since you're just starting your cut, you probably won't notice a decrease in strength or size yet.

MalarsPlace
09-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Not necessarily. Depending on your experience level, you can gain strength while in a deficit and since you're just starting your cut, you probably won't notice a decrease in strength or size yet.

are you weighing yourself at the same time each day? For instance, weighing yourself upon waking, after urinating....rather than 1 week in morning and next week after dinner. That makes it more apples to apples, although water/food intake cause alot of fluctuation. I'd give it another week.

Gringer
09-07-2016, 09:02 AM
are you weighing yourself at the same time each day? For instance, weighing yourself upon waking, after urinating....rather than 1 week in morning and next week after dinner. That makes it more apples to apples, although water/food intake cause alot of fluctuation. I'd give it another week.

Yes always the same time of day (flushed out every morning). i also forgot to mention that my readings have descended every day for the past 7 days and not once gone up. It has put me off weighing myself everyday so I think I'll just weigh in once a week. And see what happens. I don't know if that's better or not. I just really find it strange to be losing weight on 2900kcals for my weight.

Tyler2106
09-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Yes always the same time of day (flushed out every morning). i also forgot to mention that my readings have descended every day for the past 7 days and not once gone up. It has put me off weighing myself everyday so I think I'll just weigh in once a week. And see what happens. I don't know if that's better or not. I just really find it strange to be losing weight on 2900kcals for my weight.

It doesn't surprise me if you're active and workout. Increase calories by 500 and see what happens.