PDA

View Full Version : Dangers of pre and post workouts?

unsensible
08-23-2016, 01:27 PM
I had been taking DyNo preworkout for awhile with no issues.

However, I was recommended to switch to Pre Jym and on my own accord started taking Ergo Amino + after my workouts.

The Pre Jym felt VERY strong for me. But I liked the pump and it got me hyped. So I kept using it. However, I also felt a crash from it. And it felt borderline dangerous with how fast it would get my heart racing.

Anyway, one night I woke up in the middle of the night with heart palpitations, shortness of breath, and a horrible shakiness. I had never had anything like this before. Ended up getting rushed to the ER. Was quite a scare but turns out I was ok. I did some research and saw that L-Phenylalanine and L-Tyrosine could cause heart palpitations. Ergo Amino has both of these and Pre Jym has a LOT of Tyrosine.

I stopped taking both supplements immediately.

But obviously, not many people are receiving this side effect (or any side effect for that matter).

I was curious to see if anyone had anything similar to this from taking a pre or post workout supplement?

Disclaimer: I'm not saying pre jym or ergo amino + are bad supplements or that they will cause side effects.

AMeyer9
08-23-2016, 01:47 PM
Only issues I ever have is typically with yohimbine.

wishiwasdivin
08-23-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm not a fan of pre jym.

But have taken ErgoAmino+ with a lot of other pres and never had any issues.

koweanguy
08-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Nope :eek:
Only issues I had were back in 2011 when I would accidentally overdose on stims by stacking fat burners w/ preworkouts O.o

VO2Maxima
08-23-2016, 03:59 PM
Any reason you're taking a caffeinated amino product as a post? I don't think that's what caused the heart palpitations, unless you're going way overboard on stims (IIRC DyNO is a really high stim product and you were fine on that), but I am a little curious why you want more stims after the workout.

bri88col
08-23-2016, 04:00 PM
Only issues I ever have is typically with yohimbine.

same here

AfroPope
08-23-2016, 07:33 PM
Shouldn't be any issues. Pre-JYM doesn't have any stims other than caffeine in it and it has less than DyNO. I'd skip the caffeinated aminos post workout, though, as that's a lot of caffeine in a short time.

llahhsoj
08-24-2016, 06:05 AM
Both are safe for normal healthy people as long as you follow the instructions.