PDA

View Full Version : sugar causing muscle loss?

mjaz32
08-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Hi,

I know that this might sound a little strange but I had to post this problem I am having here in order to get feedback. Its just to important for me to not understand what is going on. I have been working out for a month now but my results were pretty good compared to when I first started, I am genetically a person with a fast metabolism and have very skinny arms.

What I am noticing, or rather what my dilemma is, is that on days in which I get most of my carbs from simple sugars, I notice a great deal of muscle loss. It is almost as if the sugar strips my body of the muscle on my arms. I can tell this because I know the size of my arms before I started working out and how much they had grown, although not a lot, and it looks like they're back to when I first started before working out again.

I know it might sound strange, maybe some people would even say it is impossible. I am almost certain it is true because im not blind and can tell the difference.

Any explanation as to why the might be?

thanks!

Mrpb
08-10-2016, 12:53 AM
Noticeable muscle loss doesn't occur in a day and you have no accurate way to measure muscle loss.

What may have happened is that a lower intake of starches led to lower muscle glycogen stores, which gives the appearance of having less muscle.

magician27
08-10-2016, 07:54 AM
you will gain muscle even your entire carb intake is sugar as long as u get enough protein. sugar is just carb not poison

juggernaut74ia
08-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Noticeable muscle loss doesn't occur in a day and you have no accurate way to measure muscle loss.

What may have happened is that a lower intake of starches led to lower muscle glycogen stores, which gives the appearance of having less muscle.

^^ This...especially the bold

mike33511
08-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Sugar does not cause muscle loss. How would it? Muscle loss can occur when your body uses it for energy, you have a muscle-wasting disease, you stop training the muscle for an extended period of time, or over time as a normal part of the aging process. How would ingesting a simple carbohydrate cause any of these things to occur?