PDA

View Full Version : dented graphite golf shaft affect performance?

stu4rt
07-29-2016, 03:26 PM
My Wood 3 was bent intentionally by an acquaintance. I realise there is a dent on my graphite golf shaft. Would it affect the golf swing?

BigRangs
07-29-2016, 04:23 PM
What do you mean by dent? If its just to the paint, you'll be fine. If the fibers are broken, that's a different story.

And how do you intentionally bend a graphite shaft. It either breaks or it doesn't.

UWofPeace
07-29-2016, 11:45 PM
What do you mean by dent? If its just to the paint, you'll be fine. If the fibers are broken, that's a different story.

And how do you intentionally bend a graphite shaft. It either breaks or it doesn't.

if it's deeper than just a surface scratch you risk it breaking off on the downswing in other words you run the risk of catapulting a sharp spear in any random direction at close to 100mph. Tell whoever bent it to pay for a new shaft

stu4rt
07-30-2016, 01:31 AM
I can feel the slight dent and the paint on the dented part is off.He did it by pressing down the club till the shaft was bent,while holding the club upright. I didn't expect him to do it because I had acquantances who wanted to try my clubs from time to time.

LargePeter
07-30-2016, 03:47 AM
Replace the shaft