PDA

View Full Version : Carb-Cycling Question

MrFantasySports
07-29-2016, 10:46 AM
Some insight here fellas....

Is Carb-Cycling the same as doing a Body Recomp?

and

Does Carb-Cycling really work?

Mikeez0
07-29-2016, 10:55 AM
Some insight here fellas....

Is Carb-Cycling the same as doing a Body Recomp?

and

Does Carb-Cycling really work?
No, Body recomposition is loosing small amount of fat, while gaining small amount of muscle.

Carb-cycle - type of diet; Personal preferences, how to eat.

gbullock32
07-29-2016, 01:35 PM
No, and work for what? But no, it yields no benefits outside of personal preference.

Tyler2106
07-29-2016, 01:54 PM
No, and work for what? But no, it yields no benefits outside of personal preference.

That isn't entirely true. It can be beneficial to increase carbs on days you workout to help improve performance.

gbullock32
07-29-2016, 01:58 PM
That isn't entirely true. It can be beneficial to increase carbs on days you workout to help improve performance.It can improve performance for some; personally carbs make me sleepy, so I prefer to not have them before training.

Not trying to be a dick, but like I said, it is personal preference.

Tyler2106
07-29-2016, 02:05 PM
It can improve performance for some; personally carbs make me sleepy, so I prefer to not have them before training.

Not trying to be a dick, but like I said, it is personal preference.

Your statement makes no sense then. You're basically saying no they don't work unless they work for you.

gbullock32
07-29-2016, 02:07 PM
Your statement makes no sense then. You're basically saying no they don't work unless they work for you.I meant pre-workout carbs, which is what I assumed your comment was regarding. If I eat enough carbs in one go (~60g+) it just makes me want to sleep, so having more on workout days to 'fuel' lifting does not really work for me.

mccyjcb
07-29-2016, 02:12 PM
Totally up to you. I tend to carb cycle everyday, as in I eat more of carbs after my workout and less carbs everywhere else. Carbs make me sleepy so I usually don't eat them in a couple meals.