PDA

View Full Version : Do calories reset weekly? how often do you have a cheat day??

Redwhitenblue
07-10-2016, 03:54 PM
ive been having a cheat day every sunday, although I still get in all my micros,

I say cheat day but I cheat everyday I just stick within my calorie range, but specifically on a sunday ill eat way over my calorie goal, its pretty much the same every sunday ill just pig out on a big box of donuts and cookies because that's what I like

DJaRiHardstyle
07-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Is there a reason for this binge-type behavior? Also, I'm confused as to what you're really asking here.

Garlisk
07-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Your body doesn't operate within our arbitrary construct of time, so there is no "reset" point. You could track your calories based on days, weeks, months, or even years...I guess. Typically you will see people track daily or weekly because this is a time period that makes sense.

If you have a weekly caloric surplus within your chosen time measurement, you will ultimately gain weight. If you have a deficit, then you will lose weight. When you have a binge/cheat day, you are cutting into your total weekly deficit...you could even be putting yourself into a surplus.

I would track your calories on a weekly basis...just choose a start day and end day. Then when you binge, you still have to track how much you are eating and see where that puts you in total.

gbullock32
07-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Calories are always being used to keep your body functioning; no 'reset'. Never stops until you die.

magician27
07-10-2016, 05:44 PM
nothing resets , you get fatter every single minute where you are taking in more energy than you are burning

ErikTheElectric
07-10-2016, 09:20 PM
I always wonder why people seem to think the human body is a robot/computer.

Protip OP: stop having cheat days.

AdamWW
07-10-2016, 09:27 PM
ive been having a cheat day every sunday, although I still get in all my micros,

I say cheat day but I cheat everyday I just stick within my calorie range, but specifically on a sunday ill eat way over my calorie goal, its pretty much the same every sunday ill just pig out on a big box of donuts and cookies because that's what I like

Why do you feel the need to do that intentionally? Why not acquire basic knowledge about nutrition (ie - macros, calories, micros), then eat a rational amount of food and incorporate whatever treats you want while keeping the majority of your diet in the nutrient-dense, high-satiety category?

I think if you feel the need to cheat by going way overboard then you're restricting too much elsewhere...

Redwhitenblue
07-10-2016, 09:44 PM
I always wonder why people seem to think the human body is a robot/computer.

Protip OP: stop having cheat days.
Your bio says 30,000 calorie cheat day? Wtf and your telling me to stop having cheat days

Redwhitenblue
07-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Why do you feel the need to do that intentionally? Why not acquire basic knowledge about nutrition (ie - macros, calories, micros), then eat a rational amount of food and incorporate whatever treats you want while keeping the majority of your diet in the nutrient-dense, high-satiety category?

I think if you feel the need to cheat by going way overboard then you're restricting too much elsewhere... yo dude, ive tracked calories, macros, and micros everyday for the past 2 years other than EVERY sunday,i just felt it wouldnt hurt at all, ive never experienced any unwanted weight gain what so ever,

AdamWW
07-10-2016, 09:48 PM
yo dude, ive tracked calories, macros, and micros everyday for the past 2 years other than EVERY sunday,i just felt it wouldnt hurt at all, ive never experienced any unwanted weight gain what so ever,

I guess I don't understand the question. Do calories 'reset'? No... how would they possibly do that?

I wasn't saying you don't have knowledge about these things, but if you do, then why are you considering things as 'cheating' in this way?

Redwhitenblue
07-10-2016, 09:49 PM
nothing resets , you get fatter every single minute where you are taking in more energy than you are burning my waist stays lean all year round, lol i must not be eating enough to bulk, im probably lean bulking because im gaining muscle, but not fat

Mikeez0
07-10-2016, 10:50 PM
my waist stays lean all year round, lol i must not be eating enough to bulk, im probably lean bulk because im gaining muscle, but no fat
we are proud of u

ErikTheElectric
07-10-2016, 11:06 PM
Your bio says 30,000 calorie cheat day? Wtf and your telling me to stop having cheat days

Feel free to watch a video or two. ;)

Redwhitenblue
07-11-2016, 03:38 AM
I guess I don't understand the question. Do calories 'reset'? No... how would they possibly do that?

I wasn't saying you don't have knowledge about these things, but if you do, then why are you considering things as 'cheating' in this way? sorry bud, i just wondered if eating a large calorie surplus once a week, or even once every few weeks, or every month on a non training day would be OK , i personally havent gained any unwanted weight but i mean ive only trained for 2 years, maybe it takes time to build up???

Garlisk
07-11-2016, 04:38 AM
I would still track your calorie intake on the binge days, otherwise you really won't be able to gauge how it is affecting you. Specifically, you'll want to know how to adjust once your metabolism starts slowing down and you DO start seeing excess fat building up.

As a general health thing, you may want to consider eliminating the binge aspect of the cookies/donuts. I say this with compassion and empathy because I (used to) -love- eating a dozen donuts or an entire pack of el fudge double stuff cookies. But...seriously, its not healthy. We're basically asking for diabetes every time we do that.

jdrush
07-11-2016, 05:09 AM
sorry bud, i just wondered if eating a large calorie surplus once a week, or even once every few weeks, or every month on a non training day would be OK , i personally havent gained any unwanted weight but i mean ive only trained for 2 years, maybe it takes time to build up???

This is the basis behind UD 2.0. However I feel there are other carb sources you should go for in that case and it's not just a weekend binge. It's a structured refeed without going over in fats.... the stuff that makes donuts taste delicious.

pavelalpe
07-11-2016, 05:46 AM
Thats the most important thing. I have had a cheat day here and there over the past few weeks and still losing because it worked into my weekly macros.

Imo you can't over emphasize one or the other. (Weekly vs Daily macros)

When it comes to diet or exercise, our bodies dont care about how the Earth rotates nor spins around the sun. But yes in the sense that you are asking, going by weekly cal it is "reset".

I cheated this Saturday but it still fit my weekly calorie macros. Yesterday and today i will not do anything drastic and still follow my same average calories during a cut. No fasting, no further reducing cals, etc.... i fit in that one cheat day perfectly and today is my weekly "reset".

chamelious
07-11-2016, 06:03 AM
I have had a cheat day here and there over the past few weeks and still losing because it worked into my weekly macros.
I cheated this Saturday but it still fit my weekly calorie macros.

How are you defining "cheating" exactly...?!

pavelalpe
07-11-2016, 06:24 AM
Basically going over the limit of cals for that day, non specific on what i ate, could be that 1 odd brownie or could just be an extra bowl of oatmeal. Sometimes those cals still dont go above maint, sometimes they go a few hundred over.

Melis689
07-11-2016, 06:43 AM
I'll have a cheat meal/treat once a week and that works for me, keeps me sane and on track. Usually a Saturday in the evening after a leg session or something.

DJaRiHardstyle
07-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Ok so to get technical, there are 2 things to consider here:

1. Body has circadian clock rhythms that might influence acute changes in things like blood glucose, insulin, etc., but they're not going to make a noticeable difference in nutrient partitioning.

2. People track daily calories because most normal human beings operate on a 24 hour schedule, so it keeps things simple.

Don't over think things OP

LarsoN97
07-11-2016, 07:13 AM
Just power yourself down ans reboot and youre good to go. Do this twice a day for maximum cheat leniancy