PDA

View Full Version : Biceps don't grow?

bubbapwns
07-09-2016, 02:39 PM
I've literally tried everything there is. I've tried working biceps once a week, twice a week, 3 times a week, and even 4 times a week. Nothing makes them grow. I've done every type of curl there is, from drag curls to reverse curls, but no growth. I squeeze at the peaks and make sure my form is perfect every time but nothing seems to work. I've done light weight for high reps and heavy weight for low reps too, but nothing happens. I definitely get enough protein because the rest of my body is developing, even my calves. My biceps have gotten a little bit stronger though, just not bigger. Is there anything I should be doing? My workouts usually go like this:

regular standing curls 3x10
reverse curls 3x10
drag curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
concentration curls 1x10

sometimes if I don't feel sore enough at the end I do some more random curls
pls help, SOS

JackStat
07-11-2016, 09:42 AM
I've literally tried everything there is. I've tried working biceps once a week, twice a week, 3 times a week, and even 4 times a week. Nothing makes them grow. I've done every type of curl there is, from drag curls to reverse curls, but no growth. I squeeze at the peaks and make sure my form is perfect every time but nothing seems to work. I've done light weight for high reps and heavy weight for low reps too, but nothing happens. I definitely get enough protein because the rest of my body is developing, even my calves. My biceps have gotten a little bit stronger though, just not bigger. Is there anything I should be doing? My workouts usually go like this:

reverse curls 3x10
drag curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
concentration curls 1x10

pls help, SOS

Way too many sets Bro. 6 to 9 MAX, if you're training naturally. Hypertrophy occurs at 6 to 12 reps, try doing 6 to 10 with a good amount of resistance. Try 6 sets initialy. It's not about the soreness per se, you might be overworking your muscles.

mapcnct
09-16-2016, 09:12 AM

reverse curls 3x10
drag curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
concentration curls 1x10

pls help, SOS

Make sure you're getting enough protein to keep them fed to grow.

amenhotepv
10-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Are you putting on weight? Hard to put mass on your arms naturally without putting mass onto the rest of your body.

toreman87
10-11-2016, 12:59 AM
i've literally tried everything there is. I've tried working biceps once a week, twice a week, 3 times a week, and even 4 times a week. Nothing makes them grow. I've done every type of curl there is, from drag curls to reverse curls, but no growth. I squeeze at the peaks and make sure my form is perfect every time but nothing seems to work. I've done light weight for high reps and heavy weight for low reps too, but nothing happens. I definitely get enough protein because the rest of my body is developing, even my calves. My biceps have gotten a little bit stronger though, just not bigger. Is there anything i should be doing? My workouts usually go like this:

Regular standing curls 3x10
reverse curls 3x10
drag curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
concentration curls 1x10

sometimes if i don't feel sore enough at the end i do some more random curls
pls help, sos

overtraining baby!

toreman87
10-11-2016, 01:00 AM
are you putting on weight? Hard to put mass on your arms naturally without putting mass onto the rest of your body.

100% true

toreman87
10-11-2016, 01:01 AM
make sure you're getting enough protein to keep them fed to grow.

no doubt diet is paramount to growth

toreman87
10-11-2016, 01:01 AM
Way too many sets Bro. 6 to 9 MAX, if you're training naturally. Hypertrophy occurs at 6 to 12 reps, try doing 6 to 10 with a good amount of resistance. Try 6 sets initialy. It's not about the soreness per se, you might be overworking your muscles.

good point, but I don't think there is such thing as overtraining, just under resting

toreman87
10-11-2016, 01:02 AM

reverse curls 3x10
drag curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
concentration curls 1x10

pls help, SOS

stay persistent and you'll get there, I had the same problem as u mate

toreman87
10-11-2016, 01:04 AM
good point, but I don't think there is such thing as overtraining, just under resting

this is what I was told anyway by someone who has been bodybuilding naturally for 40 plus years

janchevski93
10-22-2016, 12:17 PM

reverse curls 3x10
drag curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
concentration curls 1x10

pls help, SOSToo much sets.Barbell biceps curls, Hummer curls and Concentration curl are enough.

keepitnatty
10-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Do u train to failure on every set ? Meaning u curl until u can't do no more if yes this is your problem always leave a few in the tank in the next and go to failure until your last set

JohnSmeton
10-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Biceps (and triceps) have smaller tendons than legs obviously. Naturally bigger boned guys usually have bigger tendons. If you have smaller bones like a wrist of 7 or less, you most likely have smaller tendons. I would train them well, but not to complete failure and not anything less than 5-6-7-8 reps before stopping

of course the peak , insertions etc is genetic

adieladawie
11-08-2016, 11:10 PM

reverse curls 3x10
drag curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
concentration curls 1x10

pls help, SOS

Just lift them weights bro, when you lift weights everything else builds up in place.

adieladawie
11-08-2016, 11:12 PM
Do u train to failure on every set ? Meaning u curl until u can't do no more if yes this is your problem always leave a few in the tank in the next and go to failure until your last set

Boy, do the supplements really work?. My boyfriend's mates are using them but still they work out a lot too

AndroMuscle
11-09-2016, 12:06 AM
Hit your triceps bro, they make up 30% of your arm. I find the best for me anyways are dumbell curls with weight around 10-12 reps 4 sets. They are small muscles so they needs some good stimulation, but they may be overtrained too so maybe rest them for a week.

goingcia
11-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Highly doubtful that you are over-training them. Everyone is different but I've been doing at least 16 sets, working arms twice a week, and arms have been my strongest bodypart in terms of muscle mass. Keep in mind that biceps especially get to a point where the swelling slows way down. You may just not notice it but it could be there.

I'd recommend two things to give your bis a little kick:

1) Change up your workout, even if just by changing the order of the exercises or substituting some of them for a variation. This will shock the muscles.
2) Consider doing tris at the same time (each set of bi, followed by set of tri, rest, repeat). This will stretch your arm muscles so they are generally fuller.

Good luck brah

johnnybgood8
12-21-2016, 01:57 AM
Biceps (and triceps) have smaller tendons than legs obviously. Naturally bigger boned guys usually have bigger tendons. If you have smaller bones like a wrist of 7 or less, you most likely have smaller tendons. I would train them well, but not to complete failure and not anything less than 5-6-7-8 reps before stopping

of course the peak , insertions etc is genetic

Thanks on that advice.

Abdulio773
03-03-2017, 08:32 AM
you are not going to see your biceps unless you have big triceps first. so make sure you hit your triceps much harder. think of it this way, triceps = cake, biceps icing on the cake.